PDA

View Full Version : annoyed with blackcats

kooftspc11
07-24-2008, 07:48 AM
today i got a pm that read as follows:

You have been warned (http://www.blackcats-games.net/rules.php#warning) for 1 week by Cirno.

Reason: partially leeching is not allowed on our site. You will have to download all those torrents fully now that are in your history, otherwise you will be banned.

pretty fucking lame

waybrane
07-24-2008, 07:54 AM
i know what you mean, i had a bad experience with them and i'm still paying for it. i do miss the site, actually i wish i could donate my way back, i'm sure whatever they claim i did couldn't have been that bad but i don't even know what i did. actually, do you know of way to help a fellow out as far as trying to get on the site or speaking to someone? sorry you're so pissed, but do know the feeling. but i have quite few systems that are modded and they were great for me, just don't know what happened.

mafija
07-24-2008, 07:57 AM
so what if you warned cry baby.:dabs:

That1Guy
07-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Yeah, same thing happened to me. They will ban you if you dont go downloading all that crap from the past (or at least they did me).

I barely used the site though, so I didnt even look into it at all.

kooftspc11
07-24-2008, 08:00 AM
so what if you warned cry baby.:dabs:

apparently you cant read for two shits

yayyyyyy
07-24-2008, 08:04 AM
dind't you read the rules before signup?

if you didn't liked them, and thought they were lame you could just not signup!!!

ffs

mafija
07-24-2008, 08:08 AM
yes i now cry baby:cry:,but why you post yours meanless shits here.if you dont like trackers rules why you use BCG.

kooftspc11
07-24-2008, 08:09 AM
dind't you read the rules before signup?

if you didn't liked them, and thought they were lame you could just not signup!!!

ffs

eh most of the rules pages are generic...i didnt bother reading them for blackcats

waybrane
07-24-2008, 08:11 AM
wasn't like that ages ago, times change things. their site is extremely hard to get into. i don't blame him for gettiing mad, shit, mine was due to a bad accident i had and i paided for that. i feel your anger and i understand

mafija
07-24-2008, 08:16 AM
Yeee.We all feel your pain and anger.:lol:

kooftspc11
07-24-2008, 08:19 AM
Yeee.We all feel your pain and anger.:lol:

apparently you cant read for two shits...again

im not angry or pained over this, simply annoyed (in case you didnt catch the title of the thread)

TP635
07-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Why the need to partial leech/seed in BCG?

mafija
07-24-2008, 08:27 AM
apparently you have the problem to understand what i'm trying to say to you,or you dont want[which is probably true]cry baby.

1000possibleclaws
07-24-2008, 08:37 AM
It's only a warning... Warnings are meant to alert you of a wrongdoing, such as partial seeding on BCG. It's not the end of the world and is hardly a big deal as long as you follow through on fixing the problem or learn from your mistake. After all, warnings will eventually expire, and you will not normally face severe consequences unless you rack in multiple offences.

The rule on partial seeding makes sense on that tracker because everyones overall ratio doesn't give any benefits. You need to seed each and every torrent to 1, or for the required time. Partial seeding serves no purpose because you aren't getting the complete program you supposedly 'want', and it makes there appear to be more leechers than in reality. Hopefully you've come to realize this from the warning, and in the future you won't have to go through the trouble of partial seeding to increase your ratio, and you can just grab whatever games actually interest you. :)

kooftspc11
07-24-2008, 08:41 AM
It's only a warning... Warnings are meant to alert you of a wrongdoing, such as partial seeding on BCG. It's not the end of the world and is hardly a big deal as long as you follow through on fixing the problem or learn from your mistake. After all, warnings will eventually expire, and you will not normally face severe consequences unless you rack in multiple offences.

The rule on partial seeding makes sense on that tracker because everyones overall ratio doesn't give any benefits. You need to seed each and every torrent to 1, or for the required time. Partial seeding serves no purpose because you aren't getting the complete program you supposedly 'want', and it makes there appear to be more leechers than in reality. Hopefully you've come to realize this from the warning, and in the future you won't have to go through the trouble of partial seeding to increase your ratio, and you can just grab whatever games actually interest you. :)

i appreciate your input on the subject

i really dont have any intention of downloading all of what they expect me to download though

lol i guess ill see if im banned in a week...my money is on yes

Ali-g
07-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Well sorry if I discourage u but this happens when u dont read the rules...
And y on earth did u do partial seeding? Thats pretty useless there.
And yes warning will warn u of wrong activity jst re-read the rules, make sure u respect them and Itll be ok. I once had a warning at BCG for requesting seeding on the torrent comment and was once demoted to Kitty Litter cuz I DL 10 games at a time (which counted as 10 HitnRuns for the moment)
So anything can happen to anyone, no point crying

kooftspc11
07-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Well sorry if I discourage u but this happens when u dont read the rules...
And y on earth did u do partial seeding? Thats pretty useless there.
And yes warning will warn u of wrong activity jst re-read the rules, make sure u respect them and Itll be ok. I once had a warning at BCG for requesting seeding on the torrent comment and was once demoted to Kitty Litter cuz I DL 10 games at a time (which counted as 10 HitnRuns for the moment)
So anything can happen to anyone, no point crying

what the fuck is the point of telling me to read the rules after the fact? i was obviously made aware of the rules when i got the message that i pasted in the original post.

Duckater
07-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Live and learn m8
In future maybe you will spend a few minutes of your time reading rules and finding out how the tracker wants members to conduct them selves on sites then you not have waste time posting on here.
I bet you spent more time going over this topic reading replies and reposting than if you had spent some effort on signing up to the site

stoi
07-24-2008, 09:13 AM
you want me to ban your fucking account instead, STFU its against the rules, maybe you should fucking read them sometime.

and lets face it, warnings mean feck all on BCG.

now back to bed for me, i get up after 3 hours and see this crap, fucking cry baby, get over it, you got a slap on the wrist ffs.

Well now your banned.

1: for defying the rules

2: for crying like a baby on a public forum

3: because im in a fucking bad mood now.

TP635
07-24-2008, 09:22 AM
The first post by Stoi that sound angry.

Raban
07-24-2008, 09:27 AM
ya stoi just ban him he is a trouble maker

TP635
07-24-2008, 09:28 AM
ya stoi just ban her she is a trouble maker

fix

stoi
07-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Maybe i was a bit harsh in the words (im not going to change them though).

Nothing pisses me off more than someone that gets a slap on the wrist, then comes straight to a public forum to complain. and in public, i wouldnt have minded if it was done through PM. But it should have been done on BCG not on FST in the open.

eh most of the rules pages are generic...i didnt bother reading them for blackcats

If its ones sites rules you should read, its ours, they are in no way shape or form, generic anymore. and have not been for awhile.

TP635
07-24-2008, 09:33 AM
I am not a member of BCG, but I know that rule on partial seeding on BCG than some of those with account there.

redpill
07-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Stoi.... u should never forget that the users make a tracker what it is and not viceversa. That particular user has all the rights to complain any problems here in my opinion. This is democracy dude.... maybe you should leave your communist regime behind and learn how to treat the users (with the respect they deserve). In my opinion, the partial seeding rule is a total crap....really total crap. The users should be allowed to leech whatever they wish from a pack. Anyway..... all i can say about BCG is that it deeply sucks from the point of view of the staff.

stoi
07-24-2008, 09:58 AM
hmm they can from packs numbnuts.

we have only put packs on the other week, she did not download packs, get your facts straight before you go critisising how i run my site, and how i want my members to act.

I hear this all the time, without your members your nothing, hmm yeah if we lost every single one of them maybe, but most actually read our rules and follow them.

redpill
07-24-2008, 10:04 AM
I agree to the rules part (everyone should read the rules (sometimes from time to time).... but banning the user was a really wrong thing to do. He can complain if he wishes....and you were also very wrong when you swore that user. That's not the way an owner should behave in front of the users. This is only my opinion but my suggestion to you is to treat users like you treat your staff or people that are your friends, not your enemies.

stoi
07-24-2008, 10:09 AM
as soon as she made it public knowledge she was my enemy.

i am probably one of the most laid back owners out there, i acctually quite like FST and most of their users.

I make 1 post with swearing/getting angry in, out of 2104 posts in 5 years, and your coming down hard on me for it.

ffs i give up.

redpill
07-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Dude... sorry if i've been harsh on you but i wanted to tell you that you're wrong.

stoi
07-24-2008, 10:16 AM
but im not wrong.

A: she broke the rules got warned, got told to fix it, she did have 7 days to fix it.

B: she complains on a public forum about the warning

C: she clearly states she is not going to fix it.

D: 2 reasons to ban her, not just 1, but 2.

and by the way the rules are in place, because guess what, we want members to download what they want to play, not just download for a buffer and their own e-penis.

redpill
07-24-2008, 10:25 AM
But it's a public forum. Here you should be able to tell all of your problems without having your accounts hurt in any way. Would you still ban her is she would have told her boyfriend (which has an account on BCG hypotheticaly speaking) of this problem and you would have find out or something like that?

stoi
07-24-2008, 10:28 AM
wtf has that got to do with anything, if she told her mates down the pub, how the hell am i going to find out.

I wonder how many members of BCG have just read this in the past hour or so, and are rushing to read the rules.

even if its just 1, its worked hasnt it.

she broke the rules, had a week to fix her problem, was not going to fix it, so why delay the inevitable.

redpill
07-24-2008, 10:32 AM
MAybe.... ... anyway we should stop spamming around here and talk by PM.

Lee1
07-24-2008, 10:47 AM
LOL, that's why you should not have the same name as here, and do it on the sly just like me :D

stoi
07-24-2008, 10:51 AM
she hasnt got the same name as here, but we dont warn that many members for partial leeching, so as soon as i made this post, i went into our IRC and asked cirno who he had just warned a couple of hours ago for doing it.

Well it didnt take Sherlock Holmes to find out the name did it.

Lee1
07-24-2008, 10:53 AM
she hasnt got the same name as here, but we dont warn that many members for partial leeching, so as soon as i made this post, i went into our IRC and asked cirno who he had just warned a couple of hours ago for doing it.

Well it didnt take Sherlock Holmes to find out the name did it.Mate, you should just done it sly like me !:whistling

redpill
07-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Just another question stoi.... are you so very sure that she would not have done anything to fix the problem on which she received a warning (even if she stated here that she will not try to fix it?). In a week mach things would have happened. So i still think that you were so wrong in banning that user.

P.S.: I have no connection to that user, nor i have an account on BCG (i think).

stoi
07-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Ok some trackers ban you if your just a member here, we dont.

Like i said before, i am probably one of the most laid back owners out there and it usually takes a lot for me to react like i did (and just waking up did not help).

But we are not "that" strict, even a warning doesnt really do that much, so why complain here, why try to get the sympathy treatment here, which she has managed to do hasnt she, and made us look like, what was it "communists".

She broke the rules, she cried about it on a public forum, i got pissed off (rightly or wrongly it doesnt matter much now), she got banned, she will get back in in a few months time, end of story.

IdolEyes787
07-24-2008, 11:14 AM

i really dont have any intention of downloading all of what they expect me to download though

lol i guess ill see if im banned in a week...my money is on yes

I don't blame Stoi at all.
I'm sure that tracker staff have to deal with this(and worse) kind of shite all the time.
It's not surprising that they have developed a low tolerance for it.

BCG system is one of the most accommodating out there.If you can't adhere to it you really shouldn't be on private trackers.

Lee1 nothing to be proud of.

Disme
07-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Just another question stoi.... are you so very sure that she would not have done anything to fix the problem on which she received a warning (even if she stated here that she will not try to fix it?). In a week mach things would have happened. So i still think that you were so wrong in banning that user.

P.S.: I have no connection to that user, nor i have an account on BCG (i think).

Why don't you stop driving up your post-count and telling others what to do.
First of all it's his tracker ... without him there wouldn't even be a BCG, or any BCG-members :blink:
As I see it he/she brought this on her/himself ...
And why in hell would you partially leech a game???
I never understood the need for it at all (except on back season packs, or movie packs)... If you can't uphold a decent ratio without resorting to those kind of practices one should maybe wonder if one has what it takes to use Bittorrent and start using an alternative like RS, IRC or newsgroups where there is no ratio-obligation.

stoi
07-24-2008, 11:20 AM
dont take any notice of lee1, he PMed me the other day saying he had been cheating for 2 weeks on BCG, and not been caught, then re-pmed me a few hours later saying he still hadnt been caught, then PMed me again saying he was only riling me up, which he has done on more than 1 occasion.

Just ignore him, hes not worth anyones time on here.

TP635
07-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Dude... sorry if i've been harsh on you but i wanted to tell you that you're wrong.

.....and the OP is right? what a logic.

Raban
07-24-2008, 11:24 AM
yes stoi i support you in the banhammer 100% no questions asked in this case lets see if she comes on here later to cry more about it i will lulz

redpill
07-24-2008, 11:39 AM
lee1 is probably right about the cheating on BCG... it can be done really easy.... at any time, and without being caught... but that's another discussion for another day :)

stoi
07-24-2008, 11:41 AM
tell the brazilians its easy, 99.9% of those get caught.

and how do you know, you just said that your not even sure if you have an account.

so... whats all this got to do with you anyway lol

jokzor
07-24-2008, 11:44 AM
as soon as she made it public knowledge she was my enemy.

maybe because she was right?

yes stoi i support you in the banhammer 100% no questions asked in this case lets see if she comes on here later to cry more about it i will lulz

yes raban, keep licking the boots, it suits you

stoi
07-24-2008, 11:47 AM
she was right about what?

this thread.

fuck it, get on with it, FST is better than every private tracker out there, without FST trackers would be nothing, I bow down to FST and all their members, We are not worthy of your excellence [sarcasm]

Now i know why trackers ban all members from here, (we still wont)

Nemrod
07-24-2008, 11:49 AM

Believe that and this wonŽt be the last surprise youŽll get.

Disme
07-24-2008, 11:51 AM
fuck it, get on with it, FST is better than every private tracker out there, without FST trackers would be nothing, I bow down to FST and all their members, We are not worthy of your excellence [wisdom]

/fixed :lol:

IdolEyes787
07-24-2008, 11:58 AM

I think that's incredibly small- minded of them .
Participating in a forum hardly means that you agree with everything that goes on there.
Also in my experience just as many jerks on elite trackers as here.Only difference is that they are jerks with more experience.

jokzor
07-24-2008, 12:02 PM
she was right about what?

this thread.

fuck it, get on with it, FST is better than every private tracker out there, without FST trackers would be nothing, I bow down to FST and all their members, We are not worthy of your excellence [sarcasm]

anyways she got mad because she got a warning with banning word from a almighty mod, that's the only reason, it's not because of the partial seed

i do partially seed at some times, sometimes i miss only 1 cd of 3, why can't that happen?

and also.. this conversation has nothing to do with fst, it could take place anywhere else.

and i'm a member in other trackers for almost 2 years and i'm not banned :p

so you woke up, seen someone whining about your place, and u got bad mood, and said some shit, and other ppl started whinning too.. welcome to the life of an admin :)

mafija
07-24-2008, 12:08 PM
sometimes i miss only 1 cd of 3, why can't that happen?
are you so stupid,its a game cd,not music.

stoi
07-24-2008, 12:10 PM
actually it as a sysop that warned her, not a mod.

But she didnt partial seed on a "pack" or a 1 CD out of 3. and it wsnt just 1 or 2 either.

Out of 15 torrents, she has 10 incomplete, and of those 10 all 10 are single disc games.

and if you dont know why we frown upon that, then your not a member of BCG, so i do not need to discuss it on a public forum, if you were a member, then you would either know, or you can ask there.

and pleased for you. honestly you havnt been banned in 2 years of using trackers, good on you, but they work different from BCG.

we do not allow partial seeding on single disc torrents, she didnt read the rules, she was asked to fix her mistake, she said she wouldnt, she came crying to FST, she got some sympathy, and made us look like communists for the way she was treated, so i banned her.

simple really.

jokzor
07-24-2008, 12:11 PM
sometimes i miss only 1 cd of 3, why can't that happen?are you so stupid,its a game cd,not music.

:shifty:

The Wanderer
07-24-2008, 12:14 PM
To OP:

If the rules of BCG clearly state that "partially leeching is not allowed on our site" you have absolutely no right to complain here or on BCG forums.

If you do not agree with the rules of the tracker you should have not signed up to BCG. Simple as that.

jokzor
07-24-2008, 12:15 PM
actually it as a sysop that warned her, not a mod.

But she didnt partial seed on a "pack" or a 1 CD out of 3. and it wsnt just 1 or 2 either.

Out of 15 torrents, she has 10 incomplete, and of those 10 all 10 are single disc games.

and if you dont know why we frown upon that, then your not a member of BCG, so i do not need to discuss it on a public forum, if you were a member, then you would either know, or you can ask there.

and pleased for you. honestly you havnt been banned in 2 years of using trackers, good on you, but they work different from BCG.

we do not allow partial seeding on single disc torrents, she didnt read the rules, she was asked to fix her mistake, she said she wouldnt, she came crying to FST, she got some sympathy, and made us look like communists for the way she was trated, so i banned her.

simple really.

obviously i'm not a user of bcg.. otherwise i had to shut up and stay quiet :p
joking
if that's her case, it's different, but she values her account, why don't u lift the ban and take a few minutes to ask her why she partially seeds? be the stoi we've known so far

stoi
07-24-2008, 12:19 PM
I know already why she partial seeds.

because "some" seedbox members think, thats all we care about, if they have a seedbox they can bend the rules or even break them in 2.

and well no you cant, it was to build a buffer on her account, simple as.

Most of the games she has partial seeded on, she downloaded less than 200 meg, and seeded between 1gig and 7 gig on them with her seedbox.

I cant even say its an e-penis thing because according to the profile, she isnt a he.

so i know exactly why she did it, but its still against the rules.

Disme
07-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Honestly ... 6 pages filled with mostly comments from people who have absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. Could have been wrapped up with 3 posts imho.

Anyway I'm glad everything's clear now for everyone and the OP's problem seems to be resolved.

bblogs
07-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Honestly ... 6 pages filled with mostly comments from people who have absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. Could have been wrapped up with 3 posts imho.

Anyway I'm glad everything's clear now for everyone and the OP's problem seems to be resolved.

+ 1.
Ban = justified.
Case = closed.

Ali-g
07-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Hey stoi y do u keep exhaling breath like that dude?

Cant u jst leave the thread and let ppl think what they want? After all its not a matter of right or wrong its a matter of RULES... and in this case UR RULES. U dont have to explain anyone anything (except the banned user if s/he asks)... ;)

Oh and stop answering to some silly guy who posts after ur every reply doin the same questions/\ All they want is raising the number of posts here. huh

PS: Still waiting on what u have in mind about like-invites :whistling

jokzor
07-24-2008, 12:27 PM
I know already why she partial seeds.

because "some" seedbox members think, thats all we care about, if they have a seedbox they can bend the rules or even break them in 2.

and well no you cant, it was to build a buffer on her account, simple as.

Most of the games she has partial seeded on, she downloaded less than 200 meg, and seeded between 1gig and 7 gig on them with her seedbox.

I cant even say its an e-penis thing because according to the profile, she isnt a he.

so i know exactly why she did it, but its still against the rules.
oh.. ok :), maybe an e-tits thing lol

apextwin146
07-24-2008, 12:28 PM
@op ---> I think its the right time to chk out the site mentioned in ur Avatar ....
www.STFU.lol (http://www.STFU.lol)

jokzor
07-24-2008, 12:28 PM

its 7 pages, and it has comments you made too :p

Cant u jst leave the thread and let ppl think what they want? After all its not a matter of right or wrong its a matter of RULES... and in this case UR RULES. U dont have to explain anyone anything (except the banned user if s/he asks)... ;)

Oh and stop answering to some silly guy who posts after ur every reply doin the same questions/\ All they want is raising the number of posts here. huh

hey.. look my signup date.. i don't care about raising posts ;)

stoi
07-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Well i want to walk away from it, but i hate anyone badmouthing my site, just cant help it, and i will defend it and our decisions even if that means boosting someone elses postcount to do it.

what gets me is, most of the ones that are complaining, are not even members of BCG, this is why it should not be put on a public forum like this.

They see someone getting what looks like at first glance like a bum deal, and decide never to sign up, when in reality, she deserved the warning, and the ban, and we were well within our rights to do so.

jokzor
07-24-2008, 12:39 PM
exactly, i feel for you.. but i'll fix it for both of us, i'll signup as soon as possible

redpill
07-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Believe me.... i was a member of your tracker, and still am...(i searched my archive). So i know the rules and know what i'm talking about. And i still think you overreacted by banning that user. (and this comes from an admin to an admin).

BTW.... u should also look at my registration date. If i wanted posts made... well i could have had them.

Ali-g
07-24-2008, 12:43 PM
its 7 pages, and it has comments you made too :p

hey.. look my signup date.. i don't care about raising posts ;)

NVM I was talking in general. I dont know u personally... There are so many ppl here would give a hand to raise posts and rep :frusty:

stoi
07-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Ok you think i was wrong, whatever.

Personally i dont think i ws and she stated clearly that she was not going to fix her account, even though we have SP that would help he get the ratio back (and even though she had already uploaded more than 1 of the initial size anyway).

If a 9 ratio is more important to her than her account, then so be it.

jokzor
07-24-2008, 01:00 PM
no i dont, if she partially seeded and then used her seedbox to raise ratio u did fine, she should never come in here complaining, but i know that sometimes mods/admins act arsh and arrogant, that's why i asked you, being that the case you'r totally right and i support full time :)

Cradle
07-24-2008, 01:02 PM
To OP:

If the rules of BCG clearly state that "partially leeching is not allowed on our site" you have absolutely no right to complain here or on BCG forums.

If you do not agree with the rules of the tracker you should have not signed up to BCG. Simple as that.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000

You broke the rules, you were warned and given the chance to redeem yourself, instead you came to a forum and badmouthed the tracker in question and declared that you would not fix the problem.

He had every right to ban you.

stoi
07-24-2008, 01:08 PM
@ jokzor, i was actually replying to redpil not you :)

mshassy
07-24-2008, 01:11 PM
i got banned for this sith from BCG
i dont give a dam about it because it doesnt worth it

stoi
07-24-2008, 01:16 PM
so if it wasnt worth it, why did you join, and why did you build a buffer with partial seeding, if the tracker is not worth the bother.

i dont know your specific circumstances, for all i know you may have had hit and runs and got banned for not fixing them.

I love the way ppl that have been banned in the past for lets face it "Not Reading The Rules" on the site, are piping up now saying the tracker isnt worth your time anyway.

redpill
07-24-2008, 01:18 PM
@stoi (for his previous post): In this case, if the ratio is so unimportant why don't you drop the ratio system and rely only on pure seeding and rules? (see the case of f******.net). This could really be the fix to all these problems. Than the users will have to know the rules very well and they will respect them. Who doesn't... gets kicked out of the BCG community.

stoi
07-24-2008, 01:21 PM
because we are not a closed tight nit community like ***.

we have 50,000+ members, most cant speak Engish, we open up every now and again.

If we went ratio free, they would just hit and run everything, and "More" people would get banned, they wouldnt understand that they need to seed for XX hours, they would just think, oh public tracker great.

and i dont agree with freeleech either.

Cabalo
07-24-2008, 01:22 PM
for the love of God... i really don't understand shit of what's going on here.

Stoi *is* the nicest site owner i ever came across, and besides that an excellent member of this community.
He runs the best torrent site for gamers that exists, and has been putting a lot of work in rewarding and helping users with worse connections to make his site fair for everyone.
Now, someone comes whine in public about CLEARLY breaking a rule that is specified at the site's rules, and people come defend her ?? :mellow: wft is going on ? :mellow: and take piss on the site owner? :mellow:

yes, stoi did wrong. He should have banned her faster than he did. She got what she deserved.

u fucking morons are the ones who give a bad name to this forum at many trackers. after reading this, i have each minute less arguments to contest them.

Raban
07-24-2008, 01:23 PM
yep cabalo +1

Duckater
07-24-2008, 01:29 PM
I aint on black cats but reading this thread the only people with a bad word to say about are those that have clearly not tried to follow site rules. So stfu to all of them :)
stoi m8 not really know ya but read your posts and heard a lot of black cats and how you run it m8 so a bit thumbs up from me for all the time and effort.

I just wish people that moan and whinge knew exactly how much effort it takes to run a site going 4 or 5 or more nights with just 3 or less hrs sleep a night.
Spending all avaliable free time to help people and what for well some times a lot of praise from decent torrenters then you also have put up with the stupid comments like the ones made in this topic and to be honest stoi you done the right thing ban people like that so they really have some thing to moan about :)

redpill
07-24-2008, 01:30 PM
@Cabalo --> really now... it's you that give a bad name of this site ... because of the swearings you are using. After stoi's post there (on the first page, nobody sweared anymore)... but you had to come and swear everyone that posted. In this case... i'm out. Also, nobody swore stoi and nobody tried that. I just pointed out that in my opinion his decision was wrong and that, upon posting on this forum, users should not be punished on the trackers they are posting against.

integral
07-24-2008, 01:35 PM
To be honest, people aren't really honest. I severely doubt a no-ratio system would work with a 50k+ userbase. They would commit hit&runs, so obviously there needs to be some kind of enforcement in such a big site, unless you were to come up with an innovation that can support a "no-ratio" system, as well as such a large userbase.

stoi
07-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Well in a way im pleased she did post it on here now, everyone can "hopefully" see that she was in the wrong, they can "hopefully" see that im not an ogre but i do loose it occasionally, just like the best of us.

So i was wrong to fly off the handle, OK i agree with that, no excuses, i was wrong to shout and swear and act like a tw@t, and its not often that happens, but for the decisions concerning her account, i was not wrong, my sysop was not wrong, and she could have fixed it very very easy.

but she prefered her 9 ratio to her account, and thought her 9 ratio and her seedbox, she could bend the rules, actually she didnt, because she didnt even read the rules, because they are all generic.

well maybe this will be a lesson to her and others, just because 1 site does it one way, does not mean that another site does it the same, so read the rules as soon as you join, and you cant go far wrong.

redpill
07-24-2008, 01:40 PM
You can have a hit'n'run disable-ing script. After two hit'n'runs made on the tracker... they get disabled automatically from the site. It's easy to modify such a script (already existing different version of it on the tbdev forum) to work on a particular tracker, even with a large database as BCG.

stoi
07-24-2008, 01:43 PM
well i still dont agree with freeleech, so it wont happen.

the SP isnt even freeleech, your download still gets counted.

and ehat we are going to do with getting new members in, relies heavily on upload/download, so we couldnt go free leech even if we wanted to.

and 2 hit and runs is a bit harsh, we already have a hit and run script in place, but we dont actually ban for hit and runs, they get put into Kitty litter, so they cant download anymore until they clear them. if they dont clear them, they remain in KL and not even donating gets you out of the shit your in.

Cabalo
07-24-2008, 01:45 PM
so i used the F word. so what?
lol @ giving a bad name to this site for using the F word. u made me LOL.
if u are so sensitive about that, maybe you should terminate the contract with your ISP, cuz accessing the internet has a lot of this hazards.
I won't change even a bit of my opinion about people who participated on this thread, the good and the bad ones. being the bad ones those who couldn't at least partially use their brain and try to understand how right Stoi is, even after he explained his reasons like 3 times.
i envy his patience, i really do.

here is the thread in a few lines:

noob: i broke site rules and they warn me. assholes. i don't like them anymore
owner: ban. doing this u broke several other site rules. (explains which)
noob #2: u did wrong. u ban her. ur site is easy to cheat. not so great site. i would not ban someone that breaks so many site rules. i am nice and don't like swearing
cabalo: LOL @ noobs. owner is right. envy owner's patience.

KFlint
07-24-2008, 02:11 PM
all i can say is good riddance

partial seeding completly kills the seedpoint system in blackcats and make other people trying to get them angry

if you are to stupid to understand that basic concept than you may not deserve being a member there

if that's true that you had a ratio of 9, that's even more stupid

we don't usually like sysop using fst to ban people, (for example : being a member here and simply talking about a tracker in public) but in this case, you sank your own ship i'm affraid

TheFoX
07-24-2008, 02:13 PM
This is another one of those traditional threads where the OP starts a war, then does a disappearing act while watching everyone else fight her battle for her.

If your mate give you a lift in his car, and one of his rules is that you don't smoke a cigarette in his car, do you light up out of devilment?

It doesn't matter how relaxed or how anal a site is, whatever rules they do have, we must abide by them if we want to be members.

It is no good lighting up that cigarette, then complaining to your other mates that he warned you for smoking in his car.

It seems that some people just cannot practice common courtesy, and it also seems that others assist in this discourteous behaviour.

Besides, someone has already mentioned the benefits of full leeching/seeding over partial leeching/seeding, and that is to keep the torrent alive. While many here are debating the issue of rules, they seem to forget that the whole torrent protocol falls apart if that simple common courtesy isn't followed. It's no good having a system that works, if people are only partially following that system.

Imagine having a relay race with five people, and as the baton passes from one person to another, the fourth person decides halfway round their lap to just stop running (partial running). I'm sure the other four people will be pleased to know that they couldn't complete the race because of the partial runner.

I think I have made enough analogies today. Partial is bad, whereas Full is good.

Anyone for a partial beer?

Something Else
07-24-2008, 02:27 PM
I had a sneaky smoke in my mate's car after he told me not to. :emo:

Polarbear
07-24-2008, 02:30 PM

did you pretend to be a girl?

mshassy
07-24-2008, 02:34 PM
so if it wasnt worth it, why did you join, and why did you build a buffer with partial seeding, if the tracker is not worth the bother.

i dont know your specific circumstances, for all i know you may have had hit and runs and got banned for not fixing them.

I love the way ppl that have been banned in the past for lets face it "Not Reading The Rules" on the site, are piping up now saying the tracker isnt worth your time anyway.

people with low up speeds like us only can build a ratio like that
so if u guys are banning it i dont know what to say more :01:

KFlint
07-24-2008, 02:40 PM

you don't even need to build a ratio on blackcats, they have the seed point system for god sake

mafija
07-24-2008, 02:47 PM
so if u guys are banning it i dont know what to say more
Be man and stop crying:lol:

Eargasm
07-24-2008, 02:52 PM
There is nothing wrong with partial seeding. If I don't want to download the info or the sample video, or if I only want a crack and not the full install; well, those are valid reasons even when ratio is out of the question.

That said, if it's against the rules, then don't do it. If you have a problem with the rules, leave. It's not your tracker. Your opinion and the tracker conflict, so wish them luck, and say adios amigos! Otherwise, they are fully justified to smash you with the banhammer if you break or complain about their rules.

Now that I got my opinion about partial seeding and tracker rules outta the way. I'd have to say, a couple whiners on FST don't justify grouping everyone here together - last I checked, we are not the borg.

Also, I never drink the last sip of the beer. I heard from someone a long time ago that it's like 90% saliva - don't know if that's true or not - I'd like to think I'm one to avoid contributing to backwash.

TP635
07-24-2008, 02:52 PM

It is the people with low speed that benefit from the SP system in BCG. that is the reason why partial seeding is ban there.you don't need it.

GXice
07-24-2008, 02:55 PM
you don't even need to build a ratio on blackcats, they have the seed point system for god sake

What about those of us who only have 20gb a month of download quota and can't afford to download entire packs when all we need is one or two files? :dry:

And what have you accomplished in this thread other than demeaning and insulting people?

Eargasm
07-24-2008, 02:58 PM

And what have you accomplished in this thread other than demeaning and insulting people?

Agreed. This is the guy on Jerry Springer who just goes JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! over and over again. :P

KFlint
07-24-2008, 03:02 PM
What about those of us who only have 20gb a month of download quota and can't afford to download entire packs when all we need is one or two files? :dry:

why would get one or two files of a G-A-M-E?

it's not a tv series we are talking about here, it's blackcats partial seeding!!

do like the hundreds partial seeder of lost season 4 on bitmetv, i don't care, and it makes sense to allow it on season packs

mafija
07-24-2008, 03:04 PM
@GXice
And wtf are you doing,just spaming the thread with your shits
And you orgasam read the thread from the 1st page.
F.. you and your JERRY

GXice
07-24-2008, 03:06 PM
why would get one or two files of a G-A-M-E?

it's not a tv series we are talking about here, it's blackcats partial seeding!!

Don't they have NDS Packs? I certainly don't need every single game in a pack, especially if there are several. But yes, I get your point. :happy:

And wtf are you doing,just spaming the thread with your shits

How was that spamming? It was my first post in the thread. Keep your moronic comments to yourself.

Raban
07-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Don't they have NDS Packs? I certainly don't need every single game in a pack, especially if there are several. But yes, I get your point. :happy:

they allow partial seeding on packs.. you obviously didn't read the thread before posting cause its been stated here in this thread.

mafija
07-24-2008, 03:10 PM
So what if was the 1st,SHIT IS SHIT.And stop making reatard coments read from the 1st to last page.

GXice
07-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Whoops, you're right Reban. My mistake. Packs allow partial seeding, the rest dont. I'm not a member of BCG, I'm only arguing the hypothetical. :P

Eargasm
07-24-2008, 03:14 PM

they allow partial seeding on packs.. you obviously didn't read the thread before posting cause its been stated here in this thread.

Do they allow partial seeding when you just want to download the info/crack? I'm not a member. I had an opportunity to join, but they said I needed to "buy an email".

jokzor
07-24-2008, 03:14 PM
raban, go take in the rabo

SgtMajor
07-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Car crash thread.

At the OP, you were wrong this time.

To those others dissenting, you all have a history of bashing BCG, and poor Stoi got caught up in the emotion of the thread, take a back seat and take the wee one out for a walk and calm down.

And some posters obviously post just to wind others up, sad fact of life.

Nothing further can be gained from this thread being left open, matter is closed and it's now just a flame fest, it should be closed.

Have a nice day.

Something Else
07-24-2008, 03:20 PM

did you pretend to be a girl?

So that was you stroking my leg. I do make a pretty lady to be fair. :kiss:

stoi
07-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Wow this took off, and yes I did actually go out, went up the hills for some frsh air and peace and quiet (and to loose a few lbs hopefully.

Ok.

NDS packs have always been mulri rared.

so a 10 pack will be rared into 15meg pieces.

this stops partial seeding.

But we are allowing packs now to be torrentzipped individually, we take the 20:1 seeder/leecher off these, so it doesnt matter if someone partial seeds or not, the seeders will still get their SP.

Usually if you dont download the nfo your seen as complete anyway by the tracker, the nfo is that small its pretty much insignificant.

and last time i checked, cracks are within the ISO which is inside rars, so you cant download just the crack, without the game.

But these were Wii games, 1 disc games (multi rared scene releases), where she had downloaded 200meg, and seeded up to 7gig on them.

whats the point (well i know what the point is, but whats the point of doing it on BCG.)

and i know i said i wouldnt explain it here, that was when i was pissed off and trying to prove a point, ive calmed down a lot now, and i do like this place remember.

soulreaper
07-24-2008, 03:32 PM
for the love of God... i really don't understand shit of what's going on here.

Stoi *is* the nicest site owner i ever came across, and besides that an excellent member of this community.
He runs the best torrent site for gamers that exists, and has been putting a lot of work in rewarding and helping users with worse connections to make his site fair for everyone.
Now, someone comes whine in public about CLEARLY breaking a rule that is specified at the site's rules, and people come defend her ?? :mellow: wft is going on ? :mellow: and take piss on the site owner? :mellow:

yes, stoi did wrong. He should have banned her faster than he did. She got what she deserved.

u fucking morons are the ones who give a bad name to this forum at many trackers. after reading this, i have each minute less arguments to contest them.

Completely echoed my thoughts there. Amen brother,AMEN!

wheeloftime
07-24-2008, 03:43 PM
They were Wii games so they are at max 4.5g. Stoi said she has upped up to 7g on the 200mb she downloaded of each game. Surely the buffer she built up through partial seeding would allow her to download the games in full (which is what she was asked to do) and she would still have had a better than 1.1 ratio at the end of it.

She obviously doesn't want the account so what is the point of this thread?

stoi
07-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Well before this does get closed. because i have a feeling it will.

I just want to apologise for my initial post in this thread, its not like me at all and i just lost it completely.

if you go back through all my 4000+ posts on here and BCG, i think you will be hard pushed to find 1 swear word (i know you will so dont try to prove me wrong lol).

It was totally out of charachter, and not the way i usually go about things. But i still stand by the principles behind the first post, the warn, and the ban for this user. I am only apologising for the manner in which i came accross.

tralalala
07-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Read 2 pages of this and couldn't be bothered..

Point is, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

They have their own rules which can state whatever the hell they like. It's their site. You can't fit in with what they want you to? Don't register. It's as simple as that. They warned you for breaking THEIR rules.. Live with it.. It's just a warning..

Oh, and if you can't download what they want you to, then that's just tough luck IMO.. Rules are rules... (And on top of that, I really truly believe hardly anyone on this bboard could really "feel for you" in this matter.. We get fkloads of "pissed off" posts here.. They all die off. Probably for a reason).

Locked.