PDA

View Full Version : Why Do People Act Pompous When It Comes To Invitations

Elecktricity
07-25-2008, 03:31 PM
People act like they are so l33t when it comes to private torrent sites and invites. It's stupid there is no need for it!

I have noticed people with invitation or membership at a top site just talk crap to people who enquire about that stuff.

Anyone care to explain?

respawn40
07-25-2008, 03:34 PM
People act so deserving when it comes to private torrent sites and invites. It's stupid there is no need for it!

I have noticed people with no invitations or membership at a top site just beg people for invites.

Anyone care to explain?
-----------------------

Really, it is partly due to the leveling system, as mark said.

markupmaster
07-25-2008, 03:35 PM
This happened mostly due to the whole stupid level system.People feel like they have to be in the rarest tracker for some reason.

:dabs:

Elecktricity
07-25-2008, 03:36 PM
People act so deserving when it comes to private torrent sites and invites. It's stupid there is no need for it!

I have noticed people with no invitations or membership at a top site just beg people for invites.

Anyone care to explain?

The community preaches "share share share", "seed or die" "keeping a good ratio".

But when it comes to free invites it's a big "fuck you n00b"

respawn40
07-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Do you honestly think you can just walk in and get an invite to a "high level" site? It's a high level site because it's hard to get into. You just joined, and I'm guessing you aren't in too many good trackers. Do you actively participate in your tracker's communities and this community? The only people that get the invites are those who deserve them. And quite frankly, not too many people often do.

Elecktricity
07-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Do you honestly think you can just walk in and get an invite to a "high level" site? It's a high level site because it's hard to get into. You just joined, and I'm guessing you aren't in too many good trackers. Do you actively participate in your tracker's communities and this community? The only people that get the invites are those who deserve them. And quite frankly, not too many people often do.

Seems to me like a case of upstairs/downstairs

respawn40
07-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Sorry, but I don't know what that means :O LOL

But if I were to make a smart comeback, I'd say: Seems to me like a case of you not wanting to put effort into becoming trusted, helpful, etc. Seems like you just want an easy, quick way in. But there is none.

Nemrod
07-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Perhaps you are not getting the message properly.
For most of those who are in top sites was hard to get them, and for sure it was not as the result of coming here, ask for something and served.
As we know how hard it was, it looks like kinda funny when people as soon as can post the first thing they do is asking for an invite to a top site, disrespecting at the same time to many good users that have been here for months and with very good credentials.
You are a funny guy and due to that you have been treated very good, in comparison with so many other cases.

SgtMajor
07-25-2008, 03:49 PM
It's mainly due to such wording on the sites as "only invite your friends and those whom you trust, or you risk your entire invite tree being disabled", so it turns into a sort of protectionism and self preservation of sorts.

And when you realise that inviting noobs from here that openly post requests is considered a serious enough offence for some to lose their accounts, or their privileges such as invites removed for life, and if you have been around long enough to see 100s of requests and 100s of failures it's easy to fall into a condescending mode, don't be upset by it, embrace it and join in the fun, post funny & sarcy & witty responses back, people will remember you more for that than getting all huffy and offended by posts on the interwebz :)

It's the old adage, and cliché, of make friends and prove to others that a site is missing out on not having you as a member, rather than persistently posting & begging for an invite.

Remember, less is equal to more.

Elecktricity
07-25-2008, 03:55 PM
It's mainly due to such wording on the sites as "only invite your friends and those whom you trust, or you risk your entire invite tree being disabled", so it turns into a sort of protectionism and self preservation of sorts.

And when you realise that inviting noobs from here that openly post requests is considered a serious enough offence for some to lose their accounts, or their privileges such as invites removed for life, and if you have been around long enough to see 100s of requests and 100s of failures it's easy to fall into a condescending mode, don't be upset by it, embrace it and join in the fun, post funny & sarcy & witty responses back, people will remember you more for that than getting all huffy and offended by posts on the interwebz :)

It's the old adage, and cliché, of make friends and prove to others that a site is missing out on not having you as a member, rather than persistently posting & begging for an invite.

:) im not upset by it SgtMajor I enjoy the banter here that is why I came back after my original post.

I suppose I have let the FTN thing get to my head lol and today seeing all the "i want ftn" threads set me off.

I just hate the fact I don't have enough history to gain entrance to the top sites I hate the feeling of being so new lol

respawn40
07-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Then try being old :unsure:

IdolEyes787
07-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Seems to me like a case of upstairs/downstairs

Sorry, but I don't know what that means :O LOL

Referencing British society where the wealthy lived upstairs while their servants lived downstairs.
A class system.

respawn40
07-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Ah, OK.

Duckater
07-25-2008, 04:18 PM
to be honest there are prob only about 5 people that I know of reg'd here I would send an invite to for any tracker.
Reason being I know them well enough.
Now you can call me a snob or whatever you like I don't care
The reason for it is the important thing they are either poeple I known a very long time or I know of and seen them about top sites etc.
This does not mean others can not work there way into that list who are here or people that join here in the near future could already be in that list.
If this upsets people then tuff it is the way I have been all my torrenting life and aint about to change :)

Elecktricity
07-25-2008, 04:20 PM
to be honest there are prob only about 5 people that I know of reg'd here I would send an invite to for any tracker.
The reason for it is the important thing they are either poeple I known a very long time or I know of and seen them about top sites etc.
This does not mean others can not work there way into that list who are here or people that join here in the near future could already be in that list.
If this upsets people then tuff it is the way I have been all my torrenting life and aint about to change :)

Offtopic sorry

Can I ask is your torrent site an invitation only site Duckater. I have heard people say you own one, that's about I know to be honest.

Disme
07-25-2008, 04:20 PM

I might be wrong but weren't you bragging earlier in a thread about how fast you were invited to a high lvl tracker.

I have seen a lot of post by you and another member (Krvaric (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/krvaric-203425)) that joined here at FST in may 2008. I'm terribly sorry but pointing out to other members that they haven't been here long enough and other degrading comments that have nothing to do actual flaws in the requests (f.e. the minimum of effort they put into requesting invites) isn't really your duty and seems to me like a smart (sic.) way to get your post-count higher with posts other than 'thank you' and 'good GA'.

Members that request high level trackers should be told how getting really works, but making fun of them for your own 'glory' shouldn't be the goal of your posts.

:cool:

Ali-g
07-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Its all pretty fucked up.
We as human beings are driven to look for things we cant have.
The sticky What Invites Are Worth made it more and more obvious to ppl that they cant have those trackers, so everybody searching for them. Many of them are jst looking to reach an objective, to feel important, others to get real money selling them. Who knows...
Ive never been anytime a member of a tracker higher than lvl.7 and well I wasnt looking for anything above that. Anyway even if ive not been a member of Id doubt that those higher lvl. trackers (except a couple of dedicated ones) have much if anything to offer u cant find in other sites.

Furthermore what makes these trackers so rare is that everyone's looking for them itself.
I have jst one advice to give to whom are reading this thread. Dont jst suck asses and force posts here, or begin to collect trackers to get rep points. Im not one of ur parents but hey u will blow up ur own life and ull throw away a lot a lot of precious time by doing meaningless things.
DO U WANT FILESHARING? DO U WANNA DL?
WHAT U WANT IS RIGHT UNDER UR NOSE ;)

respawn40
07-25-2008, 04:24 PM

I might be wrong but weren't you bragging earlier in a thread about how fast you were invited to a high lvl tracker.

I have seen a lot of post by you and another member (Krvaric (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/krvaric-203425)) that joined here at FST in may 2008. I'm terribly sorry but pointing out to other members that they haven't been here long enough and other degrading comments that have nothing to do actual flaws in the requests (f.e. the minimum of effort they put into requesting invites) isn't really your duty and seems to me like a smart (sic.) way to get your post-count higher with posts other than 'thank you' and 'good GA'.

Members that request high level trackers should be told how getting really works, but making fun of them for your own 'glory' shouldn't be the goal of your posts.

:cool:

I was just telling him what I have heard from other members of FST. I'm sorry if you found my post to be degrading to him, but it really wasn't meant to be so. I try to be nice in my posts, but occasionally I fail at that :P And I can't recall ever bragging about getting into any trackers =/

Disme
07-25-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm sorry if you found my post to be degrading to him, but it really wasn't meant to be so. I try to be nice in my posts, but occasionally I fail at that :P

I do to occasionally ... guess I am in a sensible period right now ;)

Ali-g
07-25-2008, 04:26 PM
The sticky What Invites Are Worth made it more and more obvious to ppl that they cant have those trackers, so everybody searching for them. Many of them are jst looking to reach an objective, to feel important, others to get real money selling them. Who knows...
Ive never been anytime a member of a tracker higher than lvl.7 and well I wasnt looking for anything above that. Anyway even if ive not been a member of Id doubt that those higher lvl. trackers (except a couple of dedicated ones) have much if anything to offer u cant find in other sites.

Furthermore what makes these trackers so rare is that everyone's looking for them itself.
I have jst one advice to give to whom are reading this thread. Dont jst suck asses and force posts here, or begin to collect trackers to get rep points. Im not one of ur parents but hey u will blow up ur own life and ull throw away a lot a lot of precious time by doing meaningless things.
WHAT U WANT IS RIGHT UNDER UR NOSE http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/wink.gif

stoi
07-25-2008, 04:32 PM

WHAT U WANT IS RIGHT UNDER UR NOSE ;)

i was just about to type the exact same thing.

they are closed for security, they have 1000-5000 members max, they will never go over there max, your chances of getting in are slim to 0.

TL has 150,000+ members (i think) we have 50,000+ members, maths tell you not everyone can get into every tracker thats out there.

the WTAW puts those smaller sites on a pedastal, and you have very little chance of every getting in, so why are they even in the list.

ive said this before and i know it will be useless to say it again, but im going to anyway.

scrap lvls based on how hard it is to get in, its pointless, and base it on more what they are used for, sharing, how easy hard is it to keep a ratio, how friendly are the staff, would you actually like it.

lets face it the reviews are crap most of the time, a few screenshots and thats it, you dont know if its for you until you get in there, if you cant get in there, why even try. and if there was a little bit more info on what they were like, and you scrapped the rarity lvls, most wouldnt want them anyway (with the exception of a couple)

integral
07-25-2008, 04:38 PM
I agree fully. It's just human nature to try and be apart of something that's secretive, selective, and secluded, as it makes you feel like you are above the majority.

Night0wl
07-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Get to know people. If you don't do that then the "high level" tracker you get won't mean shit. It's like the people begging for FTN. When they get it, they will be disappointed unless they know other active members on that tracker. After all, what is FTN but a nice community?

If you want a site solely for the 0-day torrents, then Sct, TL, SCC are the ones you should be looking for.

aysomc
07-25-2008, 04:50 PM
its all about the e-penis. those who are in top level sites have huge e-penises, when someone so new to torrenting comes here and expects to get right into every site they want just because they asked for it once they are acting like an e-pussy and naturally all the biggest e-penises will come out of the woodwork to fuck them good and hard. it may hurt at first, but its for your own good.

disclaimer: i am fucking kidding, please dont reply to this as if i meant any of it. also ive always wanted to use the term e-penis and e-pussy in the same post.......... check that one off the list.

tX
07-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Sometimes, I feel that with this whole invites and levels thing, people have forgotten what piracy really is about
Getting what you want, whenever you want, as fast as you can

Although I guess it's impossible to have a closed community without uber rare invites, and uber rare invites is what makes the whole levels system what it is

deadalive1
07-25-2008, 04:55 PM
its all about the e-penis. those who are in top level sites have huge e-penises, when someone so new to torrenting comes here and expects to get right into every site they want just because they asked for it once they are acting like an e-pussy and naturally all the biggest e-penises will come out of the woodwork to fuck them good and hard. it may hurt at first, but its for your own good.

disclaimer: i am fucking kidding, please dont reply to this as if i meant any of it. also ive always wanted to use the term e-penis and e-pussy in the same post.......... check that one off the list.
Thanks for the laugh , too funny.

respawn40
07-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Sadly, I don't think you can ever undo the whole levels system. Even if you were to get rid of the WTAW, you would still have the same levels things on other websites, all throughout the internet. And I think that people would still remember tracker X as X Level.

deadalive1
07-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Sadly, I don't think you can ever undo the whole levels system. Even if you were to get rid of the WTAW, you would still have the same levels things on other websites, all throughout the internet. And I think that people would still remember tracker X as X Level.

Agreed^^^, sad but most likely true, unfortunately.

punki_rach
07-25-2008, 05:14 PM
The levels are there just to tell traders what they can expect to get for whatever invites they have. FTN invites are few and demonoid invites are many, simple as that. People forget that has nothing to do with the content/staff/speeds etc. That's what the reviews and bracketed number things are for

Raban
07-25-2008, 05:38 PM
I just hate the fact I don't have enough history to gain entrance to the top sites I hate the feeling of being so new lol

oh well tough sh*t such is life

Ghostbusters
07-25-2008, 05:59 PM
People act like they are so l33t when it comes to private torrent sites and invites. It's stupid there is no need for it!

I have noticed people with invitation or membership at a top site just talk crap to people who enquire about that stuff.

Anyone care to explain?

Contribute constructively to the forum or group from where you are requesting invites and guess what will happen :)

c0njur
07-25-2008, 06:02 PM

Anyone care to explain?

This does happen way too often. Some people on this site think their the shit because of some tracker they got invited to. Instead of talking down to people who inquire, seasoned users should offer advice (which some do).

Sadly, some individuals here try to use their epenis to compensate for their real penis...

horiZen
07-25-2008, 07:26 PM

could'nt have said it better myself :yup:

DV8type
07-25-2008, 08:58 PM
The real question is: why are some users so presumptuous to think they belong in every tracker? After all it is mostly greed, which erupts inside of them when asking for an invite they have no use for.

Disme
07-25-2008, 09:38 PM
The real question is: why are some users so presumptuous to think they belong in every tracker? After all it is mostly greed, which erupts inside of them when asking for an invite they have no use for.

The fact people want to get what is almost impossible to obtain is just human nature I guess ... the things that are hard (or impossible) to get are far more attractive than the things you get for free!

But I don't like the members at FST that have every high level tracker there is (you know who you are) and who feel they to behave like complete *ssholes when some member at FST requests an invite.

Instead of telling them how to get an invite (you won't get it with 15 post and 2 months of membership here) they get their own satisfaction by bashing the poor shmuck that asks for the invite, because they feel smart for being a member of the tracker. The only thing they forget to tell is how exactly they became a part of it...by trade...by semi trading invite GA's...by not having a life and being able to participate in a trackers IRC for 20 hours a day.

Some people here get into high level trackers, not based on their value for the community, but just based on the amount of free time they have in their 'real' life. They don't have a life and have more than enough time to spend evrey second on the interwebs, making socalled friends that get them into higher level trackers ... and it is exactly that kind of people who start flaming on n00bs that are asking for invites.

That's what bothers me sometimes. If you are a member of this or that high level tracker, just shut your jap or give the OP some good advice instead of being a complete posh *sshole and making fun of them.

I'm sorry but all those 1-sentence requests are useless, I know that ... but newbies should be told this is not the way to get into these kind of trackers. But instead of telling them how they get into these trackers there are some members at FST that like to flame these people with arguments that aren't based on giving advise but just to show off, because they are already part off the community the OP is asking an invite for.

waki
07-25-2008, 09:47 PM

It's just the human nature. The harder to get the more you want it. Believe me, if it wouldn't be very hard to get into a site, the interest would be very small. I think almost every 0day site has the same content so you can find almost anything you want in a low level (meh) tracker aswell. And i hate when someone is answering "Community" for the question "Why do u want it?". He doesn't know sh*t about that community, he doesn't know what's going on on their forums & irc. It's all about the rarity.

And yeah, belong to a rare site makes you feel 'special'. lol...

I'd ban everyone from a 0day tracker with <X download, and ban everyone from a community based tracker with <Y post or irc time. It's harsh maybe, but if you don't use them, why are you there? Just my 2 cents...

DV8type
07-25-2008, 10:33 PM
I'd ban everyone from a 0day tracker with <X download, and ban everyone from a community based tracker with <Y post or irc time. It's harsh maybe, but if you don't use them, why are you there? Just my 2 cents...

You might have something there :P although some trackers would be stuck inbtwn :shifty:

waki
07-25-2008, 10:36 PM
although some trackers would be stuck inbtwn :shifty:
:D

funny i didn't think about that tracker when i was writing the post
mybad :]

IdolEyes787
07-25-2008, 10:38 PM
I'd ban everyone from a 0day tracker with <X download, and ban everyone from a community based tracker with <Y post or irc time.

Presumably not the first day though.;)

KaySterling
07-25-2008, 11:29 PM
70% get invited for kissing ass, 10% come in for being sharp and has knowledge and 20% come in for being a friend of either one.
That should sum it up pretty good. :shutup:

Disme
07-26-2008, 12:02 AM
10% come in for being sharp and has knowledge

I guess I'm part of that category :yup:

SgtMajor
07-26-2008, 12:27 AM
69% get invited for kissing ass, 10% come in for being sharp and has knowledge and 20% come in for being a friend of either one.
And the final 1% for just being an asshole. That should sum it up pretty good. :shutup:

/fixed so I can be included.

NA_Magus
07-26-2008, 12:31 AM
A year and a half ago someone was giving out TL invites. I of course asked politely and I got my invite to my first (and still most used) 0-day tracker. During the course of the year I got a few more trackers to cater to my wants. To give back, I offered the invites I received at said sites to those who simply asked. I remember I was about to hand out an invite to OiNK but the site was shut down the day after. Which I'm not sure of what to think of it since he had a shady trade history.

tl;dr: Treat people the way you would like to be treated.

bblogs
07-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Treat people the way you would like to be treated.

I disagree. A lot of people have been stabbed in the back doing that here, yes it's a good theory but you'd want to do it very carefully. And probably not here.

AkaiDoresu
07-26-2008, 01:05 AM
Some people feel like kings in the castle just because they have high lvls ;]

It's a way to build higher self-esteem, through insulting people who are supposedly lower class (in torrent world of course).

stoi
07-26-2008, 01:12 AM
It could also be as well, when they were new, they got treated the same way, then when they eventually get in, its get your own back time.

I would not know though, i dont have anything higher than a lvl 2 (BCG) i did have a lvl 9, wasnt for me so deleted my account after 1 or 2 weeks.

Eargasm
07-26-2008, 01:16 AM
The only thing that really sucks is when the tracker you want to check out has closed invites forever and indefinitely; subsequently, 99% of the people who are members of said 'high level' tracker then come to FST put the site logo into a collector's badge in their siggy and claim it's the best tracker ever.

Then later you get more details like stats and screenshots, and you think to yourself, some of these 'high level' trackers are 90% hype aren't they? The word overrated pops into your head, but you can never really be sure that there isn't something great behind those closed doors.

I know of at least one site, the bunny, that I joined early on and thought.. "This stinks." But now I regret letting my account die, because there might be something fun going on in there - And also because I have the means to contribute to trackers a little more nowadays.

Raban
07-26-2008, 01:17 AM
I would not know though, i dont have anything higher than a lvl 2 (BCG)

wow i didn't notice that BCG was no longer level 4 ... i just checked the WTAW and its been changed... hrmmm....

yada yada insert tracker levels don't matter whatnot mumbo jumbo yada yada

Duckater
07-26-2008, 02:04 AM

Offtopic sorry

How that off topic??

Can I ask is your torrent site an invitation only site Duckater. I have heard people say you own one, that's about I know to be honest.

I have stated how I do my inviting so that people can see what the requirements are to get an invite from me, from that people can then judge wether they think I am pompous or not :)
Other people may make comments etc and not give reasons why they will not give invites out :)
So I do not consider it off topic.
Sorry for not replying to your comment earlier but not been about b4 to post.

As for the spoiler yes I am one of the owners of a site that is about 18 months old now :)
Sign ups to it are currently open and it is listed in the open sign ups section here
The initials on me site bar in me sig should be a hint :)

NA_Magus
07-26-2008, 06:48 AM
A lot of people have been stabbed in the back doing that herehere.

It's important to realize that the moment you step away from your computer that none of this matters. Unless of course some of the law came busting down your door...

Also around a year ago, I was invited to Bitme. Apparently my inviter had multiple accounts and that his invite tree had traders within it. Know what happened to me? I was banned, account and IP. I appealed it but they gave me a polite no.

Backstabbed or whatever, there's no use in being paranoid as there's no true way of determining a character through some text. Therefore I treat (mostly) everyone as an equal.

bilkenter
07-26-2008, 07:06 AM

Anyone care to explain?

Contribute constructively to the forum or group from where you are requesting invites and guess what will happen :)
Just contribution isnt enough for this forum, I was giving away 2 week kimsufixxl etc... but got banned for smt really really bull...... Anyway If you want to get from here, you need to be majoritarian, just listen the voices of majority, and act accordingly, if you are to become an opposition, you will be on a harsh way (banned twice) And there will be people who luv to mock instead of paying heed to others opinion. But when the way is harsher, the friends you get are way more quality than the ones in majority, got tt nb elektro ftn offers in less then 10 day... i didnt take ftn invite though i dont need it....My point is, if you are courageous to criticize mods admins or owners, you will have really awesome friends, friends that you can donate 50 euro for without hesitation....But if you choose to be majoritarian, you will have friends who will invite you anywhere again, but you wont be able to talk about who you are etc...It will be more like a sham rather than friendship, if you agree with their opinion, then go for it, but if you dont, i suggest you create your own way...

Funkin'
07-26-2008, 07:12 AM
:) im not upset by it SgtMajor I enjoy the banter here that is why I came back after my original post.

I suppose I have let the FTN thing get to my head lol and today seeing all the "i want ftn" threads set me off.

You're only wanting FTN and other "top sites" just because they are rare and hard to get into. Am I right? And you would feel "elite" if you were in them? And think people would respect you? Well...you need to stop this. It seems like all you're caring about is your e-penis. And this is a very stupid thing to care about. In my opinon at least.

Are these rare and so called "top sites" bad? No, I'm not saying that at all. And I quite enjoy being a member at a couple(and I'm only a member of five trackers). I respect the owners and staff for what they have created and maintained. But do they have any content that can't be found and lesser known sites or less wanted sites? No. Not at all.

All you have to do is get yourself in some kick-ass, easier to get into sites, with a shit load of content and excellent speeds, and you'll be all set. You'll have all the content that you'll need. And eventually...if you participate at your tracker forums, or even this forum for long enough, make some friends, you just might get into these so-called "top sites" that you seem to want so badly.

Keep in mind, these are just web sites. Not something to get all pissed or jealous over. I wish you the best in your quest of obtaining the largest e-penis.

bilkenter
07-26-2008, 07:21 AM

You're only wanting FTN and other "top sites" just because they are rare and hard to get into. Am I right? And you would feel "elite" if you were in them? And think people would respect you? Well...you need to stop this. It seems like all you're caring about is your e-penis. And this is a very stupid thing to care about. In my opinon at least.

Are these rare and so called "top sites" bad? No, I'm not saying that at all. And I quite enjoy being a member at a couple(and I'm only a member of five trackers). I respect the owners and staff for what they have created and maintained. But do they have any content that can't be found and lesser known sites or less wanted sites? No. Not at all.

All you have to do is get yourself in some kick-ass, easier to get into sites, with a shit load of content and excellent speeds, and you'll be all set. You'll have all the content that you'll need. And eventually...if you participate at your tracker forums, or even this forum for long enough, make some friends, you just might get into these so-called "top sites" that you seem to want so badly.

Keep in mind, these are just web sites. Not something to get all pissed or jealous over. I wish you the best in your quest of obtaining the largest e-penis.
You are right about a few things but not all... You are saying it is mostly about your image on the internet but that is not the case always. When i came here, i only made one request, TT, i dont care about its level or such it is i guess level 6 or 7 though... Anyway the reason i wanted it was because i luv trance techno hardcore music etc...I am a member now, and i really enjoy it i think it is the only tracker for which i can cry if i lose my account...I donated quite an amount for the great work they are doing etc...Was this about Level or Being a Top site? No Not AT ALL... I dont need what i wont use, i didnt get bitmetv even though i can get it right now, i have been offered 4 5 times now, i didnt get ftn today because i dont need it...Though helped 3 guyz to get it today... My point is that not everybody is after levels or such...It is just a few guyz who blame others of chasing after level even if their intention has nothing to do with getting into top sites...

Funkin'
07-26-2008, 07:46 AM
It is just a few guyz who blame others of chasing after level even if their intention has nothing to do with getting into top sites...

First off...welcome back bikenter. I for one actually always enjoy reading your posts.

Anyways, you are definitely right about that. I can definitely see a person wanting a specialty tracker(TT, E, BTmusic, BCG, What/Waffles, etc.) not for its level, but solely for it's content. And that's fine. I'm a member at both BCG and BTmusic. And I made sure I became a member at both of these trackers because I've been a huger gamer for over twenty years, and I like getting music in a lossless format. And these two trackers are the best of their kind. So naturally I wanted to join...only for the content.

But this poster seems really hard up for FTN. And this I can't understand. As someone else mentioned in this thread(Stoi I believe), FTN is one of those sites that is almost impossible to get into, so why would someone want or crave it so badly? ESPECIALLY, since it's a 0day tracker. And there are tons of 0day trackers out there that are just as good content wise. They may not have a community as good as FTN, but for content, they are just as good.

Now if this person wants FTN for something else besides e-penis, then I take back my whole previous post. But when seeing a new member(and not just new here, but admittedly new to bittorrent, and also admitting to know absolutely nothing about the site) wanting FTN so badly, it's really hard not to think that person wants to become a member just to say that he/she is a member at a rare site. Just for a trophy.

bilkenter
07-26-2008, 07:54 AM
It is just a few guyz who blame others of chasing after level even if their intention has nothing to do with getting into top sites...

First off...welcome back bikenter. I for one actually always enjoy reading your posts.

Anyways, you are definitely right about that. I can definitely see a person wanting a specialty tracker(TT, E, BTmusic, BCG, What/Waffles, etc.) not for its level, but solely for it's content. And that's fine. I'm a member at both BCG and BTmusic. And I made sure I became a member at both of these trackers because I've been a huger gamer for over twenty years, and I like getting music in a lossless format. And these two trackers are the best of their kind. So naturally I wanted to join...only for the content.

But this poster seems really hard up for FTN. And this I can't understand. As someone else mentioned in this thread(Stoi I believe), FTN is one of those sites that is almost impossible to get into, so why would someone want or crave it so badly? ESPECIALLY, since it's a 0day tracker. And there are tons of 0day trackers out there that are just as good content wise. They may not have a community as good as FTN, but for content, they are just as good.

Now if this person wants FTN for something else besides e-penis, then I take back my whole previous post. But when seeing a new member(and not just new here, but admittedly new to bittorrent, and also admitting to know absolutely nothing about the site) wanting FTN so badly, it's really hard not to think that person wants to become a member just to say that he/she is a member at a rare site. Just for a trophy.
I agree mate, Today there was this guy who asked for a help to get into ftn, I looked for a while etc... Anyway at the end, he said sct and its is enough for me if you cant find an invite, it is no problem... This is what drove me to look harder for him etc... Again i agree that people who are looking for a general tracker is mostly after level etc... I just got into sct to see what was soooo special about this that people compare it with ftn etc.... Actually i am disappointed... Sct is good for those who are new to torrent and who wants to have all in one (nice site design, good forums, speed, content and freeleech and etc) In my opinion, if someone has revtt tl and scc, they definitely dont need sct... Those who have tl revtt and scc shall never even bother asking for sct because there is nothing special... I agree it is a good tracker but not much different from the combined power of scc revtt and tl...Again, i definitely wont understand people who are after a general tracker....

Duckater
07-26-2008, 02:05 PM
I also think people think once they got a level 4 tracker they should get a level 5 one and so on till they have a tracker at every different level.
In which case I need trackers at the following levels where I do not have one yet 4, 5, 6 , 7, 10 so hopefully some one can help :)
Joking on needing any more trackers btw, but that what some people requesting invites seem to be doing

Elecktricity
07-26-2008, 02:29 PM
I also think people think once they got a level 4 tracker they should get a level 5 one and so on till they have a tracker at every different level.
In which case I need trackers at the following levels where I do not have one yet 4, 5, 6 , 7, 10 so hopefully some one can help :)
Joking on needing any more trackers btw, but that what some people requesting invites seem to be doing

Is your torrent site http://sv2.gt-torrent.com/ ? :)

Duckater
07-26-2008, 02:42 PM

Nope :lol: never even heard of there lol

Raban
07-26-2008, 02:44 PM
YES WELCOME BACK BILKENTER ! ! !! ! ! !

ignore the haters bro just express your opinions as you feel like it .. .. don't change you don't need to.

i dunno why you got banned those times but don't hold back on the opinions keep sharing

bilkenter
07-26-2008, 02:48 PM
I heard i was being nominated to be a bt mod :P Anyway The first time, they may be right about ban but the second time, it was obviously wrong, i just told i dont like people who loves to ridicule newbies and a newbie wont probably get tt because of lack of experience... It is such a .... It doesnt require you to be a here for 1 year to request a tt invite... In the end, they are all invite, as long as they are sent to right person, wont keep them at all...Btw i am done with giving away here, i am gonna make give aways in other forums

TP635
07-26-2008, 02:52 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-bittorrent-sites-open-signup-298326/page98#post2908250

page 98 (last page) post #975:)

general site with a lot of MMA sport

Elecktricity
07-26-2008, 03:05 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-bittorrent-sites-open-signup-298326/page98#post2908250

page 98 (last page) post #975:)

general site with a lot of MMA sport

Thanks alot mate ;) Hope you don't me joining duck :)

F.B.I
07-26-2008, 03:12 PM
The security matters.

Why would I invite you to FTN if I don't even know you? To get a ban then when you cheat? No, Thanks.

aoshivx
07-26-2008, 04:39 PM
People act like they are so l33t when it comes to private torrent sites and .....

shame on them.... like other guy said.. they are just invites.. Gees. :dry:

Do you honestly think you can just walk in and get an invite to a "high level site"

Well In my case, I should say I have been lucky and more than so on numerous occasions to get into such sites, I would first say well it was mostly because of the way I approached a certain individual and how presented myself, funny How sometimes when I approach some members, I then learn t that they were mods on that site I was inquiring about, I have loads of high level trackers memberships (way before I was aware of this whole level system) f**r, indie, mo***, etc ) some times I ponder wow!!! that was easy.

Am I content/satisfied?
Yes! I am, is just that most ppl or newbies dont not know the true contents of these sites.... they all basically have the shame stuff, but some how the site has be spoken of to have some more stash or exclusivity which is rarely the case, sure some will differ than others... a person should try and answer the first basic question - what I am after from this site's contents...?

The real question is: why are some users so presumptuous to think they belong in every tracker? After all it is mostly greed

Very true but at the same time, you seem to forget we live in a media centric society, we tend sometimes (sometimes) to be jolted and fueled by the current trend of things.

Can't you help but notice this trend -- "EVERYBODY WANTS IT, SO I WANT ONE AS WELL and I MUST HAVE" in regards to one's hunger for such a site, that is always seems to be a topic starter and is generated over and over again...

A good logical approach, but doesn't favor the torrent community at this time any more, why I say so... any thing Torrent related in head line news, sure its nice to have any community grow in size, but one must be weary of such an inflow, to protect themselves.. or otherwise.

semi of topic
I remember when I first registered which oink, I found it by accident and eventually my account was disabled for inactivity, then the next I wanted back in, they had implemented the irc signup method of one-one questions, in which other sites at the
time also started to used.. then my account on oink was again disabled for inactivity, was never really into torrents back then mostly 'cos I didn't have a computer of my own...

Anyways to cut the story short, by the time I had my own personal comp and ready to RAPE the net, the invite systems was starting to be the trend, well I did the normal thing which was to search for one and wasn't to long before I had an invite - Whooo lah!!

Ok.. some of you may shoot me here, but what is wrong with Simply by ASKING?
I did, and I received. :01:

If some one asked me, I would give, which all comes back to the line "treat people the way you would like to be treated". :fst:

to be real, one can only go so far when you either ridicule the person with little knowledge of the system (newbies) or always want something In return, there should be joy in giving - just not on a random erratic behavioral level.

KaySterling
07-26-2008, 09:07 PM
The security matters.

Why would I invite you to FTN if I don't even know you? To get a ban then when you cheat? No, Thanks.
Yeah man, that is very true. That goes to every tracker i am a part of which aint that many but private and good.
I hold on to my invites extremely tight, i have even turned down friends whom wanted invites.

It is very hard to trust people these days, they can seem like a OK guy at first, kiss your ass a bit you know.
But to often after some time you get that PM from staff that your inviteé have a lousy ratio, cheating, acting irresponsible,
trading-whatever and your in the crapper.

Not that it have happened to me the restrictive person i am but i hear these things all the time.