View Full Version : [Review] Seedhost.eu

KennyX
07-26-2008, 05:55 AM
http://seedhost.eu/seedbox

Overall Rating 9.5/10

Speed 10/10
Ease of use 10/10
Price 9ish/10*

*Discount available if you order for three or six months. A bit more to say on this read my second post.

Ordering.
Simple and straightforward: order, pay and wait. It took a little longer than I expected at nearly a day but I think the poor guy just forgot. I got the seed1 package. IdolEyes787 is the longest at three days and some have had theirs in under an hour.

Paying.
They take paypal and no pissing about like OVH themselves do. This is a major plus to me as I dont really want to give OVH my passport and driver's license details just to get a seedbox.

Getting started.
Its ready to go. This box runs uTorrent webgui. Copy your login IP into your browser and when the username/password box pops up then you are ready to go.

It takes one second for you to recognise uTorrent webgui and another to get it working. Download the .torrent metafile to your computer, and then click the blue plus sign on the web page, browse to the .torrent metafile and click add. Even this paragraph makes it sound too complex, it is really easy to do.

Initial tests.
I ran with my standard tests of S*T for download and cheggit for upload. Using one torrent for each test I was able to achieve sustained 8,000kB/s, with some slight variation on both. For S*T it was a freeleech torrent with over 10 seeds and at one stage was uploading at 2,000kB/s but downloading at 34,000kB/sec.

Some additions now that I get the hang of this specific box.

Running multiple torrents at the same time I was able to get 10,000kB both up and down for sustained periods. Not at the same time though. Best I could do at the same time is limiting the download speed to around 3,000kB and getting almost 11,000kB upload.

Running one torrent, such as a ScT freeleech pack, you can get 11,200kb up and down with slight fluctuations if you are on it quick enough.

Speeds.
day 1 Easily making 11,200kB up and down.
Day 7 Same as day 1.
Day 14 Same as day 1.
Day 21
Day 28

Amounts uploaded.
Day 1 testing on cheggit mainly got 450gb, ScT 30gb, others about 50gb .
Day 5 reached the 2000gb mark.
Day 15 reached 6000gb mark, right now its at 6583gb. (and yes I forgot to do this)

Last words?
So far this has been a dream to use. If you read my other review then this is like the opposite: great speeds, no problems, no crashes, and did I say great speeds?

You do pay about £35/46euros/$70 (before discount) which is a bit much for some people but, if you are like me and dont want to piss about with setting it up or giving OVH your private details or you dont live in an OVH country, then this box is for you.

I forgot to mention that vnc and ftp are pre-setup as well. I have not tried FTP yet, but I have tried the vnc and it works flawlessly. edit: I have now tried FTP and it works.

Two things I would have like to have seen pre-installed: an IRC client (or irssi) for use with ScT and other sites of course, and some sort of winrar equivalent (useful!). I dont know enough about linux to risk it just now, but I will do it on the last day.

Here are three pic's of it in action on day 1.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3923/roxx3dp6.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/4/7/24/f_seedhostm_00e4dae.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/7/24/f_seedhostm_00e4dae.jpg&srv=img33)

http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/4/7/25/f_seedhost2m_9a821df.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/7/25/f_seedhost2m_9a821df.jpg&srv=img29)

tutorsnest
07-26-2008, 07:55 AM
great speed but cost is bit high

dance4
07-26-2008, 08:04 AM
@KennyX - remember when you dl something fast like from S*T do on other torrents pause , then you will see 11/11MB/s :D good stats ;p

KennyX
07-26-2008, 08:10 AM
I never mentioned that they offer a discount of eight percent if you order for three months and twelve percent if you order for six months. So that would reduce the cost by either three euros or four and a half euros a month.

I will say a bit more about the cost. I live in the UK and to get an OVH direct will cost me £23.50, add to this faxing or sending my details to OVH and its another £1 for photocopies and postage. They still have my details. Or I can get a postal order and send that for a cost of about £26 and they still have an address and telephone number.

The first time my mate ran through the OVH process it took him four days to get set up by OVH. It took me under a day to get setup on SeedHost.eu and others on FST reported 20 mins and four hours, so it is a fast setup.

I am not a seedbox expert, although I am not a noob, so getting it pre-setup is damn useful; lets say that costs £1 and it saves me serious frustration.

It works out at well under £5 more for me to have someone ready to fix the box if it is broken compared to OVH (and I dont have to give OVH any details and I can pay by paypal and its a faster, hassle free setup) so for me I think it is a good deal.

@KennyX - remember when you dl something fast like from S*T do on other torrents pause , then you will see 11/11MB/s :D good stats ;p

lol, I am still getting the hang of it. I have a fairly large buffer on S*T so no need for me to get greedy! Good stats at 685gb up in 30 hours (and some of that was running tests). I could make 18tb!!!

Ichigo81
07-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Wow that's a great review Kenny. $70 is very expensive tho... but this is a dedicated box only for you right? I'm curious why the settings button is missing from the webui, it should be right next to the rss button. Regardless, those are some pretty impressive stats.

Edit: Ooops, just noticed you have access to the actual utorrent program (first screenshot)?

puffin
07-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Im impressed,bin looking into this for a while.Are there any cheaper ones?

integral
07-26-2008, 06:07 PM
For a cheaper reseller of ovh, you might want to look around on forums. But, OVH is apparently going to start selling to other countries that it hasn't sold to previously. If that's the case, then the need of a reseller is diminished.

KennyX
07-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Wow that's a great review Kenny. $70 is very expensive tho... but this is a dedicated box only for you right? I'm curious why the settings button is missing from the webui, it should be right next to the rss button. Regardless, those are some pretty impressive stats.

Edit: Ooops, just noticed you have access to the actual utorrent program (first screenshot)?

Yes its just me on this. You get VNC access but I am not changing anything as it has uTorrent and FTP and thats enough for me.

Two points about the cost.

A lot of people think that the price of an OVH box is 19.99euros it is not for me. I cant get the lower euro price and have to pay the British price for OVH that's £19.99 and £3.50 VAT, and add to that fax costs/postage costs/photocopy costs/postal order costs etc, and it does add up to far more than the 19.99euros that you can get it for in France or Germany.

Also, $70 might sound expensive but you can get the $8.70ish (or £4.35ish) discount from that $70 if you order for multiple months. Lets call it $61.25. It is $54ish (say $54.25 to keep it simple) for me to get an OVH here in the UK. so I pay $7 to get a fully pre-set up box; thats only £3.50 or about 5euros above an actual OVH's cost for me here in the UK.

For this £3.50 I get a pre-setup box, dont have any real wait time to get it, can pay with paypal, it was ready to go as soon as I logged in, and if anything goes wrong I dont have to fix it. I am sorry but I like it being this easy, and I like the fact that I dont have to tell OVH my life story as well!

Yes, all this is the best case scenario I am painting, but even if you dont go for the 12% discount it is only another £4.35 on the price and it is not that much extra to pay for a one month hassle free seedbox!

From seedhost? You can get a shared box but I dont think the price to performance is worth it. You live in the UK, so why not try your luck with OVH themselves and make a review?

Note: "one month hassle free seedbox", take this with a pinch of salt just now as I am only on my second day.

dalian12094
07-26-2008, 09:17 PM
fax costs/postage costs/photocopy costs/postal order costs etc
Forgive me for being a noob, but what do you mean by that? I thought you just paid the amount includive VAT and it would be setup within the time allocated.

KaySterling
07-27-2008, 04:35 AM
Great review man.
Have a dedicated server through seedhost.eu too and i have nothing to complain about.
Can't really go on about the cost, there are alot of companies out there that sell you VPS accounts with a fixed monthly bandwidth, X amount of allowed torrents, low disk space etc. for a greater cost...

I am very happy with the OVH server i also have the 100/100 dedicated server and my top speed is 11mb/s steady upload which i think is darn good.
Gotta try to get my ass into S*T someday and try it there after all the talk about that everybody has a seedbox.
And OVH beeing one of the largest companies you gotta have top-notch speed on every torrent right.. hehe.

Yeah, good speeds and good service. Had some trouble with the box at the beginning, my *nix skills failed to show themselves
and he had to re-install the server a couple of times.
I dont know if i would have the energy to service all customers boxes, he gotta have pretty many customers and i imagine how many need help on a daily basis.

KennyX
07-27-2008, 06:11 AM
fax costs/postage costs/photocopy costs/postal order costs etc
Forgive me for being a noob, but what do you mean by that? I thought you just paid the amount includive VAT and it would be setup within the time allocated.

lol, so did I.

OVH are very concerned with fraud. When I went to sign up I too thought it was pay £23.50 and go, but it was not.

I tried to pay using my TSB debit card, UK Barclaycard (kept failing) and Amex (kept failing) and they still wanted more details. They wanted photocopies of drivers license, passport, and electricty or gas bill: the email said fax copies to OVH. I dont have a fax machine so the choice was post it (told it could take up to 10 days to verify me) or pay to have these faxxed (£1.50*2 pages+30p photocopy cost) and it could still take seven days to verify me.

My next thought was to use a postal order, costing about £27ish if you count buying it and sending it recorded delivery. Time to process, quoted 7 to 10 days.

That this is how I came to the £27ish figure for me. I dont know how long it would actually take to process an OVH order as I thought 'sod this', it could take 10 days and they want way too many details (name, address, home telephone, mobile, bank dets/cc dets/debit c details, drivers license, passport, utility bill) for me to feel safe using them.

No doubt other people have sailed through, and will sail through, the OVH signup process but I really did not like the intrusive feel of it. If someone knows how to avoid the OVH bullsh1t let us know!

Yeah, good speeds and good service. Had some trouble with the box at the beginning, my *nix skills failed to show themselves and he had to re-install the server a couple of times.

Now I am worried, is there some linux thing I need to do? I have uTorrent and FTP and thought that was all I needed!

How long did the re-install(s) take?

What ratings would you give them?

I agree with you about the cost, and I think my final word will be: go for OVH if you are able, otherwise seedhost.eu offer a great alternative for a very good price.

dalian12094
07-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Interesting. I have never heard anything of the sort from other people, but then again maybe it wasn't that big of an issue. It could have just been like that because your cards were failing?

sveltosss
07-28-2008, 01:26 PM
@KennyX

Do you mind sharing with me your utorrent settings (speed, disk cache, etc) as I haven't managed to get descent upload speeds yet. I signed with seedhost.eu today. I have "disk overload" all the time.

Thanks! :)

slayer2005
07-28-2008, 03:37 PM
@KennyX

Do you mind sharing with me your utorrent settings (speed, disk cache, etc) as I haven't managed to get descent upload speeds yet. I signed with seedhost.eu today. I have "disk overload" all the time.

If you have a gig of ram change the disk cashe to 900mb.
2gig of ram change it to 1700mb.
It wont always use that much ram but u should never get disk ovaload.
Its just set to that amount in case u need it.

sveltosss
07-28-2008, 03:41 PM
@KennyX

Thanks for your reply!

Should I limit download/upload speed? Number of downloads/uploads? What about the number of connections and slots?

Thank you in advance! :)

dance4
07-28-2008, 03:52 PM
@KennyX

It was a joke ? Don't do this !!!!! slayer2005 i think you don't know too much about seedboxes :D max on this cheap server 128MB... RAM isn't everything

riparide
07-28-2008, 04:40 PM
I do have a Dedicated from Seedhost.eu too. Actually 2 boxes.
One Win2003 and One CentOS 5.
Both boxes was setuped in less then 1 hour.
Setup is good on the site and trough messenger.
Speeds are the same as our friend posts. Very good imo.
Nothing to complain about.

sveltosss
07-28-2008, 04:47 PM

Do you mind sharing your utorrent settings? I would appreciate that. Thank you! :)

riparide
07-28-2008, 04:52 PM

Do you mind sharing your utorrent settings? I would appreciate that. Thank you! :)

Sure m8.

Global Maximu Number of Connections: 1000
Maximum Number of Connected Peers per Torrent: 300
Number of Upload Slots Per Torrent: 300

Disk Cache: 96MB

With that i get 11MB/s on the download and a maximum of 9 - 10MB/s upload.

C ya

KennyX
07-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Interesting. I have never heard anything of the sort from other people, but then again maybe it wasn't that big of an issue. It could have just been like that because your cards were failing?

Maybe, but it was 3 different peoples cards and details. We just thought it was increased ovh security due to fraud. I am not sure if the new (September rules) boxes will require an automatic letter sent out even for UK customers.

sveltoss, I posted a thread about the settings for uTorrent in an OVH here:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-seedbox-discussion-154/t-good-settings-utorrent-ovh-304902/?
only one reply and I was hoping for a few people to give a consensus view, so I left mine at the default as they were working well. The default is identical to the pics in this thread except cache ram used is only 128mb.

The only other thing I did was to change the gui.update.rate to 100000 to free up a tiny bit more cpu, lol, don't know if it has any real effect.

On the uTorrent forum they say run the speedtest and then choose xx/100mb for the best settings but the default uTorrent settings for my home connection are crap so I dont think doing this is a good idea.

I did cap the total max download speed to 3,200kB for all torrents, by limiting each individual torrent, as I seem to remember SgtMajor saying to do this (something about finding the sweet spot that allows max upload speed and a good download speed). I am also running only sixteen torrents with one download at a time to keep the box under control.

Best advice has already been posted: if you download form S*T then stop all other torrents and you will get 11,000kB upload. I am running 16 torrents at the moment and "only" getting 2,500kB :D

riparide, I must just be the unlucky one who took about 20 hours to setup. Everyone else seems to have been set up in under four hours.

riparide
07-28-2008, 05:04 PM
I normally do not upload more then 2 torrents at the same time.
I usually select 2 wich will get high upload levels ( like huge packs ) and let it be :p

Right now im uploading only 1 pack and its going on 6.5 - 7.0MB/s.

But come on ... 20 hours... comparing with 4 - 15 days from OVH... still a good deal! :p

riparide
07-28-2008, 05:05 PM
double post, sry!

sveltosss
07-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Thank you all for sharing your settings! :D

I'll try them out and see how it goes :cool:

sveltosss
07-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Everything worked fine. Thank you again!

However, I cannot manage to connect through ftp. How have you guys set up the ftp? I read it is already installed but I don't see it. I installed FileZilla but I cannot make it work :(

You help would be appreciated!

riparide
07-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Everything worked fine. Thank you again!

However, I cannot manage to connect through ftp. How have you guys set up the ftp? I read it is already installed but I don't see it. I installed FileZilla but I cannot make it work :(

You help would be appreciated!

What do u have ?

Win 2003 or Linux?

KennyX
07-30-2008, 07:30 PM
You dont have to set anything up on the box.

I never bothered with filezilla and used the firefox addon fireftp. Input the IP address and then click connect, it asks for the password so put it in and then browse to the directory where your downloads are. This assumes you have a seedhost.eu. box. The directory for me was /home/{your usename}/downloads. I changed the max simultaneous downloads to ten as well.

It should be similar for other FTP apps.

A few words about VNC. You need this to change uTorrents settings on this seedbox. Download and install it.

Run 'VNC viewer' from the programs menu, put in your seedbox's IP address, when it appears put your password in the box, and that's it. The uTorrent screen comes up and you can do all the normal uTorrent things.

I got it from here:
http://www.realvnc.com/products/personal/

sveltosss
07-31-2008, 06:24 AM
I sent a support ticket asking for ftp and I got an answer that since this is a windows server I have to setup an ftp server :(

I'll try that although I'm having a little problem so far...

Thank you for your answers.

mr.Dman
07-31-2008, 09:56 AM
I sent a support ticket asking for ftp and I got an answer that since this is a windows server I have to setup an ftp server :(

I'll try that although I'm having a little problem so far...

Thank you for your answers.
Download filezilla server to your box it's free and works great.

sveltosss
07-31-2008, 03:41 PM
I have done so, by following guides to the letter but when I try to connect from my pc I get the following error in the server:

425: Can't open data connection. :(

Kuttichan
07-31-2008, 10:03 PM
Hi

May I know, how can I make the Total Dl and Total UL visible at the bottom of utorrent like you have it in this picture. Also like to see "peers & speed" tab next to general tab
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/HP_Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpghttp://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3923/roxx3dp6.jpg

KennyX
08-01-2008, 12:17 AM
This was the way it was setup and how I saw it.

You might have to scroll down at the side on VNC to see the bottom or change the resolution of your desktop. That's all I can think of.

The uTorrent tabs, I dont think you can re-order them simply by drag and drop but if you right click on any of the tabs then a selection menu allows you to choose which columns you want to display.

Kuttichan
08-01-2008, 12:21 AM
^^ was that SS from the utorrent on your computer or from utorrent Webui??

For me, there are no options displaying, if I right click on utorrent webui.

hitman51
08-01-2008, 12:31 AM

no u dummy its probably vnc access from his seedbox :P

Kuttichan
08-01-2008, 12:33 AM
I am totally confused with this VNC...:(

Edit: thanks..i understood now!

KennyX
08-01-2008, 12:52 AM

lol, 100% correct.

hitman51
08-01-2008, 12:58 AM

lol, 100% correct.

yay i wins :01:

Raban
08-01-2008, 01:27 AM
ya he's a good guy but the prices are inflated out the ying yang and his business will be done for when OVH starts selling to U.S.A.

slayer2005
08-01-2008, 08:42 PM
ya he's a good guy but the prices are inflated out the ying yang and his business will be done for when OVH starts selling to U.S.A.

lol but thats not going to happen. :D

Sanka113
08-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Since OVH is opening the doors to all customers look for the prices here to drop as they will probably be more ovh resellers popping up.

dance4
08-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Since OVH is opening the doors to all customers look for the prices here to drop as they will probably be more ovh resellers popping up.

see the post above :D

jukesta
08-03-2008, 12:21 AM
just ordered mine about 15mins ago, lets see how long it takes.

Since the company is based in Europe, its about 4A.M.

If i get my server anytime within the next 2 hours, i will be very happy with there services *_*

Btw: Ordered Kimsufi + Raid 1GB RAM, etc.

KennyX
08-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Has anyone set their box up with mirc and the auto-downloader script from ScT? I think I know how but I dont want to make a mess of it!

jukesta
08-03-2008, 02:57 PM
i got my box in 3 hours, happy man i am.

Kuttichan
08-03-2008, 08:08 PM
^ good for you. Mine took almost 15hrs!

enjoy the superspeed!

Fibre
08-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Has anyone set their box up with mirc and the auto-downloader script from ScT? I think I know how but I dont want to make a mess of it!

What don't you understand?

KennyX
08-04-2008, 09:03 AM
The how to do it on the seedhost.eu seedbox part!

I set it up on my home PC in minutes but linux is just not something I have the same confidence with.

Which is the best mirc client to use, how to install it correctly and best way to get it to run on startup are the main questions I have.

I was thinking of following this http://www.bitchx.com/faq.php then the ScT tutorials but now I am not sure if this is the best way to go.

F.B.I
08-04-2008, 12:54 PM
The how to do it on the seedhost.eu seedbox part!

I set it up on my home PC in minutes but linux is just not something I have the same confidence with.

Which is the best mirc client to use, how to install it correctly and best way to get it to run on startup are the main questions I have.

I was thinking of following this http://www.bitchx.com/faq.php then the ScT tutorials but now I am not sure if this is the best way to go.

Install rtorrent and go with irssi.

Is the one I'm using now at ScT.

Jacl3
08-05-2008, 03:53 PM
I registered about an hour ago, I'm wondering how long it'll take to set up, hopefully not too long, from what I've read here the time really varries. I ordered the Seed 1 package. I'm I'm asuming it doesnt have any torrent clients intalled by default? Thats what I understood from the FAQ because it says that for the dedicated ones you need to set it up yourself. Is this correct?

Should I install rtorrent or ktorrent? rtorrent seems to be text based so I dont know if it is my best option.
uTorrent is still only for windows? Do you guys all run it under wine?

Thanks.

KennyX
08-05-2008, 04:55 PM
If you ordered the seed1 then it has uTorrent+ftp ready to go. Did you order a seedbox (pre setup) or the dedicated (you set it up)?

Kuttichan
08-05-2008, 05:07 PM
damn!

I couldn't find any torrent which takes my full UL speed

Kuttichan
08-06-2008, 04:41 AM
my upload speed hardly goes beyond 5-6 MB/s

Fibre
08-06-2008, 08:49 AM

mIRC is a Windows client.

It does look like it runs under Wine but I suggest you follow the irssi tutorial on the ScT forum.

shivwhorra
08-06-2008, 03:17 PM
i've just ordered one for myself, lets see how long they take :)

also, i've never used a seedbox before so i'll probably need to ask someone about a few things, if anyone can put up with a new guy's questions please do tell me so i could pm you or something!

Edit: It took around 8 hours to come, looks pretty nice. However, I can't seem to get an upload speed over say around 5mb/s. Can someone share their settings? It'd be great!

Edit2: Also, what sort of torrents should I put up on the box? As in, should I search for anything in particular? Also for some reason now its not uploading more than around a 100kb/s @_@. Any help will be appreciated!!

dance4
08-07-2008, 08:21 AM
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8820/shivoj9.th.jpg (http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shivoj9.jpg)

screen from your uT , one torrent activ 60 seeds and 30 peers .. do you want ul more ? :D

shivwhorra
08-07-2008, 09:24 AM
lol i'm seeding the same stuff :D

also, can someone help me figure out how to run an auto-downloader for s*t? i've tried using irssi but cant seem to connect to any servers...

IdolEyes787
08-07-2008, 11:48 AM
However, I can't seem to get an upload speed over say around 5mb/s. Can someone share their settings? It'd be great!

Speed is totally dependent on the peers.The best advice is just like without a seedbox jump on a popular torrent early for best results.Also don't get carried away and try to have too many torrents active at once.Even if they are inactive they still draw resources.Keep it under 10 and you should get top speeds.

As for settings
Max global settings 1000
Max connected peers 200
Max slots 50

Make sure DHT is turned off and encryption is enabled.
Have to know how much RAM you have but if 2GB or more set disk cache to 1024MB

I have no problem getting 11Mbps with these.

About the auto downloader I can't help you out.I've read the tutorials but I'm still clueless.
They need to write one autodownloading using Mirc for dummies.:pinch:

shivwhorra
08-07-2008, 07:10 PM
hey, I have 1gb ram and 250gb hd.

anyway, I got the auto downloader to work :) initially it was working perfectly but now the auto downloader seems to dl the file to the right folder but utorrent seems to wait for ages before it adds it into the queue, anyone have any idea why that could be happening?

Sanka113
08-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Once you get it up and running it's pretty good. Unfortunately, the two boxes i got from them had ip issues, hardware issues, os issues, etc. Hopefully once they figure the game out they'll be more reliably setup to go right from the start.

dance4
08-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Once you get it up and running it's pretty good. Unfortunately, the two boxes i got from them had ip issues, hardware issues, os issues, etc. Hopefully once they figure the game out they'll be more reliably setup to go right from the start.

Maybe give some proof? Logs etc ? :D

Fibre
08-08-2008, 03:23 PM
also, can someone help me figure out how to run an auto-downloader for s*t? i've tried using irssi but cant seem to connect to any servers...

https://www.scenetorrents.org/forums_viewtopic.php?id=14537

shivwhorra
08-08-2008, 08:54 PM
I posted right after that I got it ;)

Xchat seems to work better than irssi! Though I still don't upload more than 1mb/s :(

Kuttichan
08-08-2008, 09:13 PM
@shivwhorra (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/shivwhorra-166630)

what kind of upload speed are you getting?

arkan
08-09-2008, 01:41 AM

are u on indian torrent sites. have seen ur nick there.

Kuttichan
08-09-2008, 02:33 AM

are u on indian torrent sites. have seen ur nick there.:)

shivwhorra
08-09-2008, 12:25 PM

I somehow don't get more than around 2mb/s even though I have the auto-downloader working fine..

also, what indian torrent sites are there :o can someone pm me about them?

Kuttichan
08-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Kenny,

how is your seedbox going? If we signed up for monthly payment, I guess, they will take money on a particular day everything month,right?

Kuttichan
08-11-2008, 05:25 PM
^ doesn't it has data transfer limit?

sheers
08-11-2008, 05:50 PM
How long lead seedhost.eu activate an account of Seedbox without being Dedicated server?

I bought an account of 22 € and I have not yet activated 10 hours that have passed.

;)

KennyX
08-11-2008, 07:37 PM
I seem to have been the longest to be set up at 20 hours. Dont know about the cheaper packages though.

Kenny,

how is your seedbox going? If we signed up for monthly payment, I guess, they will take money on a particular day everything month,right?

Seedbox is running very nicely, seeding stuff to TheBox, RevTT, TL, and a few others: speeds are 102kB down and 7,100kB up. I am on course for somewhere around10tb so I am nice and happy. What about you?

I think they do take the monthly payment on the same day and unless OVH start some heavy banning then I will be signing up for another month as well.

mySeedBox.com=bandwidth limit of 200gb?

edit: 10tb, I just realised that it would take me about seven years to do this at 4gb per day from my home connection!

tehmrserver
08-11-2008, 08:01 PM
stay away from myseedbox.com, the owner is shellmax, just trying to fake himself as a customer to get more clients!!!

IdolEyes787
08-11-2008, 08:07 PM
It took the better part of 3 days for mine(using paypal). I was getting so concerned I ended up emailing them.
Really pleased with the results now that I've got it though.

KennyX
08-11-2008, 08:34 PM
I added your 3 days to be setup to the review on the first page.

I know a few of us have this seedbox so a few last questions for the review:
1. is anyone unhappy with seedhost.eu for any reason?
2. would you order from them again?
3. what would make it better?
4. anything you want me to add? (I never used support for example so cant really comment on it)

Me?
1. happy
2. Yes.
3. pre setup with IRC and winrar is all i can think of.

Kuttichan
08-12-2008, 03:37 AM
Seedbox is running very nicely, seeding stuff to TheBox, RevTT, TL, and a few others: speeds are 102kB down and 7,100kB up. I am on course for somewhere around10tb so I am nice and happy. What about you?

I think they do take the monthly payment on the same day and unless OVH start some heavy banning then I will be signing up for another month as well.

mySeedBox.com=bandwidth limit of 200gb?

edit: 10tb, I just realised that it would take me about seven years to do this at 4gb per day from my home connection!
I guess you have to manually pay if you have chosen monthly payment or it will get automatically canceled.

Anyone facing trouble viewing their utorrent webgui online? I am getting "not able to connect" error..

sontex
08-12-2008, 01:06 PM
I am totally new with seedbox
mind if someone tell me how this work??
I signup with them a few minutes ago and finally got my username and password. I am login to the client area but couldn't find any torrent client or application there. please advice

KennyX
08-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Sontex, you have an IP address, password and username?

Put the IP address into your browser and when the box pops up put your username and password into it. This will get you onto the uTorrent webgui.

edit: To add torrents you need to get the .torrent file onto your home PC, by downloading it from the site like normal, and then click the blue plus sign in uTorrent webgui to browse to and then add the torrent to the box.

capman
08-12-2008, 06:05 PM
I just ordered a dedicated server.

Got a little worried about open ports, so I sent a mail asking if it is possible to open ports on this server.

Only reply i got was "no".

I need open ports for torrenting! Any ideas?

riparide
08-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Of course the ports are open.
Just disable the firewall or configure it to the ports u need. ( Iptables )

capman
08-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Ok, you're sure about this?

Thanks for the reply..

riparide
08-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Yes dude.
Im using a server from them for about 2 months.
C ya

capman
08-13-2008, 02:06 AM
Mine was ready only about two hours after I ordered it. Great!
Just started on some torrents and got 11MB/s down instantly. I haven't tried to max it out yet.

So far so very good.

Only problem is that I can't connect to any irc servers. Even tried a few in france, where the server is located.
Anyone with input on this?

RedRansom
08-13-2008, 03:07 AM
Are they giving ovh control panel ?
and
what about renting i heard some1 renting ovh servers with 3 or 6 month and renting ppl monthly so ip adress is same bla bla ...
a little info?

capman
08-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Ok, I'm getting pretty sick of loosing my connection to the server now.

It goes like this: I get it up and running, I start some torrents with utorrent in wine, installed arno-iptables-firewall, open up the ports I use, and a while afterwrds - I loose the connection. After some seconds I can log in. I stay logged in for a few minutes, and I drop again.
After the second time don't even get a respond from the server.

This has happened two days in a row, and ended up with the people at seedhost.eu to reinstall debian both times. Really annoying.

Anyone with ideas?

riparide
08-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Looks like u have problems with firewall configuration or SeLinux.

Did u disable Selinux ?

capman
08-13-2008, 05:12 PM
Selinux wasn't there to disable in the Debian Etch package.

Could very well be the firewall. Should I just have to box completely open then?:frusty:

I used arno-iptables-firewall to open some ports to torrent, ssh and vnc. That's it..

riparide
08-13-2008, 05:15 PM
U dont need to open it all.
But i must know what u r doing in the firewall.
Open a support ticket with Seedhost.

capman
08-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I did. They told me they would just have to reinstall and that there wasn't a problem with the server. We'll see now..

riparide
08-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I was having some problems when i had Debian.
Did reinstall with CentOs 5 and everything works great.
Why dont u try it ?

capman
08-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Hm, what problems?

I really like debian, man. But if it doesn't work now, I'll go for a seedbox and ask for the root pasword.

shivwhorra
08-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Only problem is that I can't connect to any irc servers. Even tried a few in france, where the server is located.
Anyone with input on this?

I had the same problem, I couldn't fix it but I can connect to irc servers if I enable SSL, try that maybe?

WhiteWizard20
08-13-2008, 11:28 PM
OK, I think I will order a box from these guys. Since Hosting-IE, Vectoral failed me and I can't get OVH yet, I'll order one soon. Should I get the dedicated server or the seedbox 1 package? I will also want to do FTP of the files that I will download to my Mac.

integral
08-13-2008, 11:38 PM
OK, I think I will order a box from these guys. Since Hosting-IE, Vectoral failed me and I can't get OVH yet, I'll order one soon. Should I get the dedicated server or the seedbox 1 package? I will also want to do FTP of the files that I will download to my Mac.

dedicated

WhiteWizard20
08-13-2008, 11:50 PM

dedicated

thnx. which os? i don't want to pay extra just to use windows.

capman
08-14-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm using Debian Ethc, as of now. Works perfectly when I first got it up and running.

Even got up some usenet stuff with SABnzbd. The openssl package in repo is to old for SAB, so I haven't gotten around to testing it yet.

You can run utorrent with webui through wine. Works perfectly.

WhiteWizard20
08-16-2008, 01:30 AM
Just ordered one. We'll see how this goes.

WhiteWizard20
08-19-2008, 01:37 AM
OK, I got the server details in 7 hrs! The thing is, they gave me the webui link/access, a vnc access and a ftp access. Am I ready to go? I tried one torrent but I never capped 1MB upload speed. I tried to use NAQ's FAQ guide for the Fedora but I'm completely lost. Perhaps someone can help me set it up? I'm using the Fedora 08 OS. I'm really gonna like this service if I can get my upload speeds higher than 1MB/s!

tehmrserver
08-19-2008, 03:32 AM
OK, I got the server details in 7 hrs! The thing is, they gave me the webui link/access, a vnc access and a ftp access. Am I ready to go? I tried one torrent but I never capped 1MB upload speed. I tried to use NAQ's FAQ guide for the Fedora but I'm completely lost. Perhaps someone can help me set it up? I'm using the Fedora 08 OS. I'm really gonna like this service if I can get my upload speeds higher than 1MB/s!
lol wow......
the NAQ guide is for the dedicated server.. seedhost already setup the webui seedbox and ftp stuff for you...... wow... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

WhiteWizard20
08-19-2008, 09:31 PM
lol wow......
the NAQ guide is for the dedicated server.. seedhost already setup the webui seedbox and ftp stuff for you...... wow... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh, ok that makes sense then. Since they already set up uTorrent WebUI and FTP for me without me asking them, I'm ready to go! It's just a matter of trial and error now I guess. I'll have to download and seed a porno from ScT and see what up speeds I get! :D:lol: How can I delete the files when I'm done seeding so I have more disk space?

integral
08-19-2008, 09:42 PM
lol wow......

Oh, ok that makes sense then. Since they already set up uTorrent WebUI and FTP for me without me asking them, I'm ready to go! It's just a matter of trial and error now I guess. I'll have to download and seed a porno from ScT and see what up speeds I get! :D:lol: How can I delete the files when I'm done seeding so I have more disk space?

You can usually delete via FTP, or right-clicking a torrent on the webui.

deerfern
08-20-2008, 02:40 AM
I want to order from them, just not sure if I should go for seedbox seed1 or dedicated. I would think I can get a lot more out of dedicated, but perhaps for a little (or more) work.

If seedbox setup will auto install uTorrent WebUI and FTP, then why do I need dedicated? Is seed1 shared? (shared not good!)

It says in their FAQ,

Question: If I buy a ready-to-use seedbox for one person, can I get the root password to install other programs myself?
Answer: Yes, no problem.

Then what truly is the difference between a dedicated and seedbox??

I've only had one seedbox so far with TorrentFlux, using Transmission and the like, so I am relatively new at this, and W_indows is my only game so far, *inux would need to be learned. So I have read about wine and understand what it is, that sounds great, but I am at learn stage beginner..

Please someone help this misguided girl...

Thks DF

tehmrserver
08-20-2008, 03:51 AM
dedicated means he just forwards you the server info

seedbox means he sets up utorrent and ftp for you and forwards all that info for ya

Godot
08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
I have a shared box from seedhost and am trying to create a new torrent. But cant find the location where the files are stored!! Can anyone help?

drwho2005
08-20-2008, 09:16 PM
hi everyone.
Ive just purchased seedbox1.

Am i able to install a usenet client on the box, download files through that to my box and then upload them as torrents to a private tracker?

I dont know anything about linux at all abd the only seedbox ive used had rtorrent.

thanks

JeffD
08-21-2008, 01:16 AM
Which boxes have windows w/ remote desktop?

deerfern
08-21-2008, 01:48 AM
Ok, so if I get the seedbox, just to make my life a little easier, can I still install other software on it?

reno55
08-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Well I ordered yesterday and still 24 hours later I do not have my details....

Kuttichan
08-22-2008, 06:24 AM
Well I ordered yesterday and still 24 hours later I do not have my details....
I ordered one two days ago and still not have my login infos. But as per their words, I am gonna get it today.

deerfern
08-22-2008, 12:27 PM
I just ordered last night. We will see how long it takes. I ordered the seedbox1 so I don't know what OS comes with that. Can anyone tell me?

bbm
08-22-2008, 05:20 PM
I ordered one few hours ago... Hope it will be sooooon... :shifty:

@deerfern it is in FAQ...

Question: What system are the seedboxes installed by you based on?
Answer: Debian 4.0

//edit... My seedbox has been installed in 7hours!!! amazing!

JeffD
08-23-2008, 12:05 AM
So none of these have Windows?

a.microsoft
08-23-2008, 01:00 AM
no, windows sux on a low spec box.

Xapsa
08-23-2008, 01:01 AM
I have a question, I keep downloading torrents and completing them 100% but whenever I download them onto my desktop I get corrupt files. Turns out it's already corrupt on the seedbox after they are supposedly complete. I stop the torrent and then force recheck and every single one of my torrents has at least one part of the whole torrent corrupted. Any reason why and how do I fix this?

Kuttichan
08-23-2008, 01:15 AM
Hi all,

I got a prob with seedhost. When ever I reduce my download speed and/or skip few files, the upload is not working well. It goes down even below 100KB/s. Anyone else has that prob? Or am I doing something wrong there?

deerfern
08-23-2008, 02:05 AM
I ordered one few hours ago... Hope it will be sooooon... :shifty:

@deerfern it is in FAQ...

Question: What system are the seedboxes installed by you based on?
Answer: Debian 4.0

//edit... My seedbox has been installed in 7hours!!! amazing!

bbm, thank you, I couldn't find that.... and 7 hours just ordering today, that's fantastic ! I wonder what happened to mine, I ordered yesterday and all I got so far was the automated emails saying they are going to send me details. I am sure they are gone for the day today. I wonder if they work on weekends, or if I will have to wait until Monday now? That would be awful!!

DF

bbm
08-23-2008, 08:29 AM
bbm, thank you, I couldn't find that.... and 7 hours just ordering today, that's fantastic ! I wonder what happened to mine, I ordered yesterday and all I got so far was the automated emails saying they are going to send me details. I am sure they are gone for the day today. I wonder if they work on weekends, or if I will have to wait until Monday now? That would be awful!!

DF
Im not sure if they work on weekends, but I ask them for root acces last night and Ive receive it on midnight "Posted: 23/08/2008 00:09". So maybe try to contact them via client section or icq etc. Im sure they will help you. Hope you will receive your seedbox ASAP... ;)

deerfern
08-23-2008, 01:38 PM

DF
Im not sure if they work on weekends, but I ask them for root acces last night and Ive receive it on midnight "Posted: 23/08/2008 00:09". So maybe try to contact them via client section or icq etc. Im sure they will help you. Hope you will receive your seedbox ASAP... ;)

bbm, the contact area shows you can contact them by icq, aim, etc., but it does not give any details. Do you know their details? Please pm me if you can. I used their auto email system before order and sent it to "order" question area, but have yet to receive any response, that was almost a week ago now, so I assume it went into nowhere land. I can email them and maybe I will start a trouble ticket. I want to give them time but it is a bit disappointing when one hears someone else already set up before mine, when I ordered earlier.... no offense, I'm really happy you got it fast!! I am sure I will love it when it comes up.

reno55, have you got your box set up yet?

a.microsoft
08-23-2008, 04:36 PM
they have skype.. try that.

a.microsoft
08-23-2008, 04:36 PM

bbm
08-23-2008, 05:53 PM
bbm, the contact area shows you can contact them by icq, aim, etc., but it does not give any details. Do you know their details? Please pm me if you can. I used their auto email system before order and sent it to "order" question area, but have yet to receive any response, that was almost a week ago now, so I assume it went into nowhere land. I can email them and maybe I will start a trouble ticket. I want to give them time but it is a bit disappointing when one hears someone else already set up before mine, when I ordered earlier.... no offense, I'm really happy you got it fast!! I am sure I will love it when it comes up.

reno55, have you got your box set up yet?
Yes, I totally agree with you... I asked them for root acces here... http://seedhost.eu/whmcs/supporttickets.php
I sent it Posted: 22/08/2008 20:33 and they answer in less than 4horus... So try that possiblity... I really dont know how could I help you more... I hope its just some misunderstanding and everything will be fine. If you dont receive any answer I will write them and link to this forum... ;)

Xapsa
08-23-2008, 08:13 PM
So no one else is having problems with downloading corrupt portions?
Edit: Problem with that particular server, was fixed

deerfern
08-24-2008, 01:14 AM

Great, what are the details to contact them on skype? (I don't think I have skype but maybe I can get it)

Also, I just got the Box! Way cool. I don't see any way to configure uTorrent though. as example, nothing to tell me if it's being rejected by the tracker, down, etc. I have made ticket to ask for root access, we shall see how it goes.

Also, how does one access the VNC?

Xapsa
08-24-2008, 03:48 AM
You have to download a program that can run VNC. I use UltraVNC, you can also use RealVNC.

I asked for root access and they replied:

Hi

Is problem with your server it will be checked, sorry

Also it does say the details in contact page
http://seedhost.eu/contact

aim is seeedbox
skype is dance43
gmail is [email protected]
icq is 360584543

drwho2005
08-24-2008, 11:04 PM
I would stay away from this high priced ovh reseller..this guy really doesnt have a clue on what he is doing.

The private tracker im on uses ssl and https.

I try using the seedbox with the torrents and it wont work.
I email the guy and ask why is this so.

He writes back and tells me to take off the s on https and that will make it work....

no, im not kidding you..he really did say that.

I log in on vpn and im watching someone uninstall utorrent 1.8 and install 1.7, then stop some of my torrents { torrents from ScT working just fine ) and try and stop start my https torrents.
He also accuses me of using a public tracker { that being the https one which is highly private )

Now two issues have arose:

1. This bloke is somehow preventing https traffic and has no idea or is unwilling to allow it to occur. This is not part of the faq and is not made known during sign up or in the faq.

2. He accesses your server. He sees what you have and where you get it from.

I then asked him again to stop preventing me from using https..
he gets the shits and asks for my paypal address, closes my box and refunds my money. At least he was honest enough to do that...but that doesnt excuse the other behaviour.
Keep away from that service and go with the cheaper and much more professional Leaseweb: they at least know what they are doing

dance4
08-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Sorry, how do you imagine me helping you if I have no access to your server. I am not a magician:) What's more the number of emails you have sent is just incredible, each of them multiply by two because you have sent each two times. No comment about your attitude to the whole thing.. I'd rather avoid such fussy clients like you so you received your money back..
You can always go LW, their support will provide you with an excellent ready-to-use server (only SSH):)

bbm
08-25-2008, 05:33 PM
drwho: Do you about some other cheaper ovh reseller (with paypal)? Anyway I havent had a problem yet.

reno55
08-25-2008, 06:18 PM
I just wanted to report my seedbox.eu is going great.....I paid one month upfront so will I get an invoice for the next month?

ericab
08-25-2008, 06:23 PM
i ordered my seedbox not too long ago;
no credentials yet, but im really looking froward to setting it up!

ericab
08-25-2008, 06:24 PM
oops;
dupe post, sorry!!!

ech86
08-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Yesterday I emailed him, added him on all instant messasing software (made accounts just to be able to contact him since i use none of those chatting clients) and still no response. He is offline on everything... thanks god i havent paid anything, will look for another site.

Yes i just registered, just wanted to know how do you speak so great about this guy and he doesnt even get online to speak with people, i dont want to imagine if you have technical issues...

Valoo
08-25-2008, 08:34 PM
It's strange that they can seel again OVH servers for torrenting, due to the recent policy of the company. No problems related ?

drwho2005
08-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Sorry, how do you imagine me helping you if I have no access to your server. I am not a magician:) What's more the number of emails you have sent is just incredible, each of them multiply by two because you have sent each two times. No comment about your attitude to the whole thing.. I'd rather avoid such fussy clients like you so you received your money back..
You can always go LW, their support will provide you with an excellent ready-to-use server (only SSH):)

You did have access to my server.
When i was logged in via vnc i saw you stopping and starting torrents.
I also say utorrent 1.8 being uninstalled and 1.7 being installed.

And yes i sent a number of emails..because your service just did not work.
You would not allows https traffic and gave no explanation why.
You then came up with the incredibly stupid suggestion telling me to delete the S from the https and that will make it work!
That was stupid.
How is that being fussy?
I wanted https, you wouldny give it to me.

Ladies and gentlemen..if anyone needs to see th e full email exchange from me and seedhost, i will provide them. You've heard my story and now you have seen the silly response from the poster known as dance4..who also seems to be the admin of seedhosteu.

It could have been a simple thing to solve..allow https or explain why he was unable to.

Instead he calls me fussy for wanting it and offers bizzare solutions to fix it.

Is this really the type of person you want to deal with?
Sure, http works just fine..but a number of trackers are concerned about security and this amatuer just has no clue.

Now he has a dig at leaseweb.

A number of people on the https private tracker im on use LW.
Yes, it is an empty server and yes you have to set up utorrent yourself...but and listen to this my Seedhosteu...YOU CAN USE HTTPS!

There is no magic trick to it at all

now mt dance4..what say you?

c.a.m
08-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about getting a shared server at seedhost.eu just to beef up a couple of trackers ratios I need. I was looking at their shared box plan for 25 euros and it looks like it'de be ideal for me.

But have one question. It says that shared accounts have "1 shared ip address". The box is shared by 4 people. This means all 4 will be using the same IP address? I'm worried because I think that could get me banned from trackers.

bbm
08-26-2008, 03:26 PM
I have regular seedbox and I share it with 2 other people. We just put down into our profiles on trackers that we have shared seedbox and havent had a problem yet.

SchiZZo
08-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Damn, seed 7,8,9 has 1Gbit unlimited connection :w00t:, can you really use all of that bandwidth, how would the stats look if you maxed it?

t4eva
08-26-2008, 04:27 PM
forget 1gbit ovh. If u do more than 101mbps non stop they'll throttle u big time..

joey
08-26-2008, 05:42 PM
forget 1gbit ovh. If u do more than 101mbps non stop they'll throttle u big time..

Proof?

bbm
08-26-2008, 05:57 PM
not sure abotu that... my seedbox is running 95hours - almost exactly 4days... my traffic is 1.5TB! And still running without problem... :)

//oh sry you are talking about 1Gbit... I have just 100mbit of course but bandwidth is really unlimited...

t4eva
08-26-2008, 06:35 PM
written in ovh forums , 1gbit servers are the talking point about no SLA big time. Read user reviews. u can use high mbps speed but only in short burts and then if keep exceeding 101mbps, u will be put in no SLA as per their TAC

SchiZZo
08-26-2008, 08:05 PM
So basically the 1Gbit is just a waste of money? 100mbit is more than enough compare to my homeconnection but I was just wondering if it was possible.

bammers
08-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Ordered a shared seedbox off seedhost.eu yesterday, waiting for it to be setup.

Once it's running will let you know how it goes - can't wait to give it a go :)

c.a.m
08-27-2008, 12:14 PM
I have regular seedbox and I share it with 2 other people. We just put down into our profiles on trackers that we have shared seedbox and havent had a problem yet.

Ok, thanks. I'll give it a shot.

gold24
08-29-2008, 11:43 AM
does it matter which cpu or memory that is on the seedbox?and which operating system i choose for them to install on it?

IdolEyes787
08-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Gold24 if you are going to be downloading a lot torrents concurrently getting the most memory that you can comfortably afford is a good idea.
Linux Debian is the preferred OS for servers but it really depends on what you are comfortable using.

gold24
08-29-2008, 12:14 PM
its ok i decided to go with the seedbox and not the dedicated server brought it right now hope it dosent take too long to get it up and started at least they install everything and i just have to party with my ratio now:)

Kadmium
08-29-2008, 12:41 PM
I ordered the seed1 package two days ago, haven't got it yet. I am still waiting (impatiently).

gold24
08-29-2008, 01:32 PM
oh i hope it wont take that long:)

Kadmium
08-29-2008, 01:38 PM
I also added an extra 250 GB SATA2 hard drive, though. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

gold24
08-29-2008, 01:50 PM
could be u really need that much space?

Kadmium
08-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Yes, I do need that much space. Downloading packs of several hundred gigabytes each require some hard drive space.

QQ~
08-31-2008, 03:00 PM
I ordered the seed1 package two days ago, haven't got it yet. I am still waiting (impatiently).

I hope you didn't get windows, I made that mistake and have to reboot my server once a day to keep my upload high. Also make sure you got a true 2ghz server, they gave me a 1.2ghz I didn't notice until I had the server full.

With HD Video torrents you need alot of space. ~4.6gb per 720p or ~8gb per 1080p fills up fast.

ulla
08-31-2008, 03:21 PM

I hope you didn't get windows, I made that mistake and have to reboot my server once a day to keep my upload high. Also make sure you got a true 2ghz server, they gave me a 1.2ghz I didn't notice until I had the server full.

With HD Video torrents you need alot of space. ~4.6gb per 720p or ~8gb per 1080p fills up fast.

Mine is a 1.2 ghz as well... :( did u complain about it ??

IdolEyes787
08-31-2008, 03:30 PM
I hope you didn't get windows, I made that mistake and have to reboot my server once a day to keep my upload high. .

Second that.Tried everything but only a down period seems to help.
If you accumulate more than a few running torrents you are pretty much fecked.

gold24
08-31-2008, 05:02 PM
i actually have a new seedbox from them and its working fantastic so i dont know

dance4
08-31-2008, 07:19 PM

Because 1.2GHz 512 cache is better than 2GHz 256 cache !!!!

integral
08-31-2008, 07:53 PM
I use the most basic package at seedhost.eu (kimsufi) with windows 2003, and I've never had to reboot it for "high upload."

IdolEyes787
08-31-2008, 08:15 PM
Integral sometimes when I start a torrent upload speed will be negligible for several minutes before getting up to usual levels.Either that or on larger packs it has a habit of dropping down from 10Mps to 1Mps after running for an extended period.

Other times it's fine.

I think you know my package 2Gb Ram.I should be fine.
The only thing I can think of is a caching problem.

riparide
09-01-2008, 01:31 AM
I do have problems sometimes with big packs.
Since my srv have only 1GB of ram im getting an error some times, i think it is:

" Too many open files"

Think i need to upgrade to 2GB RAM.

ericab
09-01-2008, 01:54 AM
I use the most basic package at seedhost.eu (kimsufi) with windows 2003, and I've never had to reboot it for "high upload."

agreed..
im running win serv 2003 on seedhost.eu, and no *MAJOR* problems here..

however i have yet to get a torrent that i upload at more then 1.5megs/s....
maybe someone has a suggestion ?
(trackers = TL, and ScT etc..., and with 10 torrents seeding..all at below 300Kb/s)

download however is not a problem, usually hitting a constant 10megs a sec...

I do have problems sometimes with big packs.
Since my srv have only 1GB of ram im getting an error some times, i think it is:

" Too many open files"

Think i need to upgrade to 2GB RAM.

riparide;

ram is not the problem.

in a debian system, open an Xterm and type:

sudo nano /etc/security/limits.confenter your password, then add the line (at the end!):

<add your username here> hard nofile 8192

finally, log out! then back in.
you wont get the error again.

IdolEyes787
09-01-2008, 02:14 AM
Have you tried limiting your download speed?
Something in the area of 8Mps will still make you one of the faster downloaders and you should notice an improvement in your upload.

ericab
09-01-2008, 02:25 AM
i have absolutley no downloads going....:ermm:

ericab
09-01-2008, 02:30 AM
double post; sorry!

riparide
09-01-2008, 02:31 AM
Ericab:

And how are your utorrent configuration?
In the part of connections.m

riparide
09-01-2008, 02:32 AM
Ericab:

And how are your utorrent configuration?
In the part of connections.m

ericab
09-01-2008, 02:42 AM
well, in the past 5 minutes, i just downgraded to utorrent 1.7.7

my settings are as follows;
disabled UPnP port mapping
dsabled NAT-PMP

Max upload rate = 11200
max dowload = 8000

global # of connections = 1500
max # of connections per torrent = 165
max upload slots per torrent = 75

disabled: DHT, Local peer discovery, peer exchange, and limit local peer bandwidth.

encryption enabled & allow incoming legacy connections

max active torrents = 15
max active DL's = 2

disk cache (items listed are checked, if nto listed then unchecked/disabled)=

specify cache size = 612mb
enable aching of disk writes
enable caching of disk reads
turn off read caching if the upload speed is slow
remove old blocks from cache

advanced:
all are at default except:
net.max_halfopen = 50 (tcp/ip patch is applied -- LVLLord)

bbm
09-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Hi guys, can ya pls. help me out? I've some issue with my debian seedbox. My utorrent sometimes gives me "Error: No More Files" mostly on bigger torrents (8GB+). Do you have any idea why?
Thx in advance for your help.

JordanMiller
09-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Just ordered a shared 60gb seedbox from these guys :D Hoping this works well. It's my first seedbox experience, does anyone have any tips?

ericab
09-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Just ordered a shared 60gb seedbox from these guys :D Hoping this works well. It's my first seedbox experience, does anyone have any tips?

dont be evil :whistling

Motorola
09-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi guys, after read this topic, I want to buy ones, but the problem is I use Mac OSX, so I do not know its got support from Seedhost.eu or not? Please help me!. Thanks.

stacker
09-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi guys, after read this topic, I want to buy ones, but the problem is I use Mac OSX, so I do not know its got support from Seedhost.eu or not? Please help me!. Thanks.
Your box has nothing to do with it.If you just get a seedbox, you are going to use utorrent's web ui.So, all you are going to need is firefox.

If you decide to get a dedicated server i assume there must be the right tools to manage the server for mac as well.

Motorola
09-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Your box has nothing to do with it.If you just get a seedbox, you are going to use utorrent's web ui.So, all you are going to need is firefox.

If you decide to get a dedicated server i assume there must be the right tools to manage the server for mac as well.

Thanks a lot my friend, I will buy seedbox not dedicated server.

augman000
09-07-2008, 01:22 PM
My experience with Seedhost.eu

First, let me start by saying that this is my first and only server I've ever purchased so my opinion may not be as valuable as others. I purchased a 100mit dedicated server and I LOVE IT! :D

I did not have to do ANY tweaking to get full speed with uTorrent. I get 10.1-11mb/s uploading torrents and downloading the same!

The speeds are incredible and it all works wonderfully. One day, when I have more money, I will purcahse the 1Gbit dedicated server and let everyone know what I think about it.

Final thoughts: If you know Windows, don't want to tweak much, go with Seedhost.eu dedicated server with Win2003 server standard installed. The possibilities are truely endless.

Hope this helps.

Motorola
09-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi guys, I just got my seedbox now, its cool.

But I do not know how disable DHT. I use Mac OSX and Vuze.

Please help me! Thanks :)

mmikz0
09-07-2008, 08:27 PM
I ordered a seed1 yesterday and this waiting is killing me.. my friend ordered one too yesterday, a few hours before me and already have his.

*.*

bbm
09-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Hi guys, I just got my seedbox now, its cool.

But I do not know how disable DHT. I use Mac OSX and Vuze.

Please help me! Thanks :)
just find some VNC viewer for mac... Then login and you will see your desktop with regular utorrent on your seedbox then you can configure it as you want.

Motorola
09-07-2008, 09:46 PM
I got it now. Many thanks.

lollercakes
09-10-2008, 04:19 AM
I've been looking into getting a seedbox and am probably going to go with seedhost.eu unless someone knows of a serious flaw with them...

sontex
09-10-2008, 09:07 AM
been with them for a month now. so far so good

just a quick question, can I set my seedbook become web hosting?

stacker
09-10-2008, 11:25 AM
been with them for a month now. so far so good

just a quick question, can I set my seedbook become web hosting?
If it's a dedicated server and you are not sharing it with someone else, then yes you can.

icecore
09-10-2008, 05:42 PM
I just ordered a 45euro Box :)

Hope it's really good, next month i'll Upgrade it if they will be good to me :):O

gollum980
09-10-2008, 09:48 PM
I take my seedbox now.
I hope will be good.

lollercakes
09-11-2008, 01:11 AM
I've ordered my €45 dedicated about five hours ago and am still waiting for the details to come through (I'm a really impatient person :D).

And like icecore, if I'm impressed with the service, I'm going to upgrade to the €60 box next month.

Edit: 15 hours later and I'm still waiting :(
Edit 2: 24 hours now...
Edit 3: 32 hours now. I'm starting to get pissed off.
Edit 4: 40 hours now. As long as the quality of the service once I finally get it, I might be able to forget this wait (since I wouldn't have used it other than setting it up/testing it out anyway).
Edit 5: 51 hours...
Edit 6: 61 hours...

Knat Simon
09-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Ordered my dedicated box yesterday and im still waiting. :wacko:

Reading all post in this thread i can see that the only downside about Seedbox.eu is the long wait :lol:

I have ordered windows 2003 and this will be my first server.

I will want to use it for the following !

Download torrents

Unpacking files - renaming files - repacking files

Remote upload to rapidshare

I hope these things are easy to do/learn ! :happy:

When i log on with remote desktop will it be like sitting infront of a computer with a windows desktop as i know it ? :huh:

QQ~
09-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Yes the remote desktop is pretty much the same, you might get some lag when clicking, and typing.

redMonster
09-11-2008, 04:51 PM
I have had good experience with seedhost. I am using the 18 euro one. speeds are nice. download speed is always 10 MB/s or more, and if there are enough leechers, you can get about 9-10 MB/s upload consistently. But on ScT, I normally get about 2-3 MB/s for the first few hours on popular torrents. Already uploaded 1100 GB since 4th September.

lollercakes
09-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Still waiting for my box...

:fist:

p2pworld
09-12-2008, 08:40 PM
I purchased my seed1 box about 6 hours ago and am still waiting, i put in a support ticket to ask them how long it would be, but havent had any responce as of yet

Knat Simon
09-12-2008, 08:51 PM
It took almost 48 hours but now i finaly got my dedicated server and all i can say is "Thumbs up for Seedbox" !!! :)

Ellusionist
09-12-2008, 08:56 PM
have to say, after initial issues (TL not having stats updated properly) they have been quick and willing to fix the issue. now on a different box, and working fine :) although they are a bit pricy

Xapsa
09-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Can I ask everyone who has a seedbox or server from seedhost.eu to try and access demonoid's website? You don't have to download anything or even have an account there, just check if you can access it from vnc viewer or if you do prefer try and download a torrent from there.
My new seedbox from there can't access it at all and wondering if its just my seedbox or everyones. My old one could download from there just last week and now this one can't for some reason. Contacted admin and he said that it has to do with DNS problems and he can't do anything.
Reason why I want to access demonoid is because they have a couple of big comic packs that I want but they're painfully slow so I don't want my home computer to be on 24/7.
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out.

dance4
09-12-2008, 09:39 PM
have to say, after initial issues (TL not having stats updated properly) they have been quick and willing to fix the issue. now on a different box, and working fine :) although they are a bit pricy
no it's problem with uT 1.8 and probably only on TL :D

Ellusionist
09-12-2008, 09:45 PM
no it's problem with uT 1.8 and probably only on TL :D
either way, downgrade to 1.7.7 didn't fully fix the issue, new box seems to be running fine :)

lollercakes
09-12-2008, 11:27 PM
It took almost 48 hours but now i finaly got my dedicated server and all i can say is "Thumbs up for Seedbox" !!! :)
I've been waiting 51 hours now... Patience is a virtue and all that crap I guess.

icecore
09-13-2008, 04:09 AM
I get my server in 2.5 days(they said 1-3 days of setup) and i get
Best speeds! Look:
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9994/speedez0.jpg

Kuttichan
09-13-2008, 05:16 AM
good to see that, you are getting some good speeds!

Enjoy!

lollercakes
09-13-2008, 11:16 AM
I get my server in 2.5 days(they said 1-3 days of setup) and i get
Best speeds!
Awesome. I ordered a few hours after you did (going by the times on our posts) so maybe I'll get mine soon.

gold24
09-13-2008, 12:32 PM
is the box working for u guys this past few hours?it been down for some users ..:(

icecore
09-13-2008, 02:46 PM
:S Mine works 24/2-3 for now :)

JC04
09-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Aren't they selling anymore?
Cause when i click on the order buton it takes to a page where nothing is available..

Kuttichan
09-14-2008, 01:49 AM
Cause when i click on the order buton it takes to a page where nothing is available..
just checked now and I don't see any such problem

lollercakes
09-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Just got home and my box had rebooted... :(

I forgot to disable auto installation of Windows Updates...

cocacola
09-14-2008, 06:57 PM

cocacola
09-14-2008, 06:58 PM

cocacola
09-14-2008, 06:58 PM

cocacola
09-14-2008, 08:13 PM

tehmrserver
09-14-2008, 09:17 PM
nope, probably ovh caught them.... and they stopped idk

MasterP
09-14-2008, 09:29 PM
I think they have too many requests at the moment

IdolEyes787
09-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Look at the order page their selling but the only one's that are available are the Celerons.You can still order one of those if you want.

The other bit I take to mean that everything else is simply in use at the moment ,therefore unavailable.

EchelonSD6
09-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Got mine after approx. 55 hours. The first time im using a seedbox and i am very happy. 10.8 mb/s down with lots of seeders, 10.8 up with lots of leechers. Great stuff

mikej
09-17-2008, 01:51 PM
44 Hours And counting, signed up for seed1 package. Will possibly go for a few more servers if they are good.
I hope they sort it soon. when i signed up was told ~3 days.

*fingers crossed *

Leeboy
09-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Looks good but is it just me or do the have no boxes left :(

I am currently with OVH but unforunately I am coming into my 3rd month and I am using the windows server 2003 so my license fee has kicked in meaning my box now goes from £23.50 for £49.99 :( I have 2 days left to get another setup. I can get a linux server but I have never used linux if you know what I mean any ideas how easy it is to get it up and running guys?

Oh and I can assist in a potential juicy invite for the correct information provided guys :P

slayer2005
09-17-2008, 03:25 PM
switch to ubuntu desktop.
install wine sudo apt-get install wine
download utorrent and ur off :D
its basicaly same kind of setup as windows.
u login with nx client,bit like remote desktop.

Leeboy
09-17-2008, 03:35 PM
Nice one slayer but without being a complete noob mate "sudo apt-get install wine" I presume thats a command line right? As I say never used linux before. Thanks for your fast reply bro ;)

slayer2005
09-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Nice one slayer but without being a complete noob mate "sudo apt-get install wine" I presume thats a command line right? As I say never used linux before. Thanks for your fast reply bro ;)

yup it is.
when u login to ubuntu desktop in ur top menu u choose open terminal then u write that command line and itl download and install it.thats the hard bit done.(u can also install it via ssh/putty)
then open up ur built in firefox browser and download ur utorrent ex file to ur desktop.then right click on utorrent and choose open with wine...and itl install it.

MasterP
09-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi
I'm new at using a seedbox
i just got mine from seedhost.eu
do I have to install or do anything to it or do I simply start to use it for downloads?

Motorola
09-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi
do I have to install or do anything to it or do I simply start to use it for downloads?

If you use dedicated servers, you need some install.

If you use seedboxes, very simple, you just log in to IP they send to you by email and password. So you access to uTorrent WebUI (run on web browser). And then just download torrent file and ADD to uTorrent WebUI.

Goodluck!

MasterP
09-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Hi

If you use dedicated servers, you need some install.

If you use seedboxes, very simple, you just log in to IP they send to you by email and password. So you access to uTorrent WebUI (run on web browser). And then just download torrent file and ADD to uTorrent WebUI.

Goodluck!
okay, thanks a lot

Neoworld
09-17-2008, 10:52 PM
They are pretty much sold out of everything.

mikej
09-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Still waiting :(

Hmm not looking good sofar, any1 recommend a good host for a good/fast seedbox ?

civeta
09-19-2008, 03:43 AM
I received my server in about 2.5 days also. I'm pretty happy with it, hits high speeds (provided enough leechers).

johhn
09-19-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm just about to buy my first seedbox to try out. here's the thing, cant really afford an expensive one at the moment expecially I'm still a beginner working on getting in some good private trackers on my list,so I might get a better in a couple of months. I have looked everywhere for a cheap seedbox. so now I'm looking at the cheapest one from seedhost.eu, the shared 18EUR, since it's shared by four ppl, would I be banned other sharer seeding to the same tracker ? I'd also like to know what uploading speed I can expect here although I'm not expecting much due to paying the least fee.
any opinion appreciated.

silent2k8
09-20-2008, 12:54 PM
i just bought a vps also like you john and i wonder also if it will work ok. I searched in the forums no one seems to give any info if its working fine.
I got my vps 25 giga hard disk space.If i see that the speed is ok i will definately put more space.

I will be glad if some people share there experience with vps

thanks

stacker
09-20-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm just about to buy my first seedbox to try out. here's the thing, cant really afford an expensive one at the moment expecially I'm still a beginner working on getting in some good private trackers on my list,so I might get a better in a couple of months. I have looked everywhere for a cheap seedbox. so now I'm looking at the cheapest one from seedhost.eu, the shared 18EUR, since it's shared by four ppl, would I be banned other sharer seeding to the same tracker ? I'd also like to know what uploading speed I can expect here although I'm not expecting much due to paying the least fee.
any opinion appreciated.
There shouldn't be any problem seeding at the same site since most sites use a passkey and not your ip to track how much you upload/download, unless you use the same ip to log in to the site which won't be the case.If you wanna be extra safe, send the mods of the sites you are going to be using your seedbox a pm informing them you'll be using a shared seedbox.

The speeds will be good if a torrent is popular, but it also depends on the people you are going to be with on the same box.They'll definitely be a lot better than your home connection, unless you have 100MB up/down at home.

Invalid
09-25-2008, 05:16 AM
They dont have any Seed1 package left :(. Anyone know when they gonna have those or just random? Is there a queue list to get it?

NUMBER1
09-26-2008, 05:21 PM
I tried last week for the seed 1 but options grayed out, i emailed them & got a reply stating that servers coming soon...
I guess they have run out at the moment. (i wanted the cheap 45 euro one)
but since then I have seen a few deals all very similar priced down to about 40 euro

johhn
09-30-2008, 07:56 PM
I got the cheapest 18 euro shared server, nearly two weeks so far, 60GB/4 users/100mbit/unlimited/4 torrents, good value for beginners, downloading speed always good, ftp speed can be just 350k if others are doing the same thing,but uploading can be as low as 300k in total in evening/night, force rechecking big torrent file (6GB) can take an hour, support ticket sometimes slow, ok in general. now I'm looking for a better unlimited seedbox shared by less user, but only have a $50-55 budget, found myseedbox.com, looks exactly the same, maybe same company, just sent a email asking for specs and how many users per server, anyone used that before ?

Neoworld
09-30-2008, 09:46 PM
A few slots now open on the dedicated servers.

toto2001
10-02-2008, 01:18 AM

Spec_
10-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Just ordered seed1 yesterday, still haven't gotten it yet.
Don't mind the waiting but i hope i get it soon :D.

ilaneq
10-04-2008, 10:23 AM
well i am getting really pissed now i order my Dedicated servers about 4 days ago i got their automatic emails but no account details yet :angry:

dimutri
10-04-2008, 11:23 AM
I went to order today the seed1 option but they were none available.. is it really that fast?? any other alternatives that i can use

bartson
10-04-2008, 11:42 AM
well i am getting really pissed now i order my Dedicated servers about 4 days ago i got their automatic emails but no account details yet :angry:

Damn, is that so slow? Just ordered mine.. Well better be good then. :)

MasterP
10-04-2008, 06:06 PM
At the end of the month i want to stop using the seedbox....But I see there is a Next Due Date. Do I have to do anything to cancel it (the seedbox) or will it cancel itself if I don't send the money until the due date?

bbm
10-04-2008, 07:48 PM
just don't send money...

ilaneq
10-04-2008, 08:54 PM
what is the diffrence between seed1 and the dedicated server(2ghz celeron) ?

bbm
10-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Question: What's the difference between a dedicated server and a seedbox for one person?
Answer: Having a dedicated server you are the administrator of it, so you can install whatever you wish but you have to do it on your own. A seedbox is a server ready to use with FTP, uTorrent webui and VNC installed.

anyway you can buy seed1 and ask for root acces... :P

twoscoops
10-06-2008, 12:31 AM
The only purchasing term I can choose is 3 months for the 45 euro plan. I don't want to pay for 3 months at a time. Is anyone else having this problem?

RenatoMN
10-06-2008, 04:53 AM
Just don't send it. Actually, David is used to cancel server on the due date itself. He doesn't even wait next day :P

fodxx
10-06-2008, 10:04 AM
The only purchasing term I can choose is 3 months for the 45 euro plan. I don't want to pay for 3 months at a time. Is anyone else having this problem?

You can pay for a single month if you want.
The only thing is if you pay 3 months in advance you get 8% discount.

Touareg
10-06-2008, 03:43 PM
24 hour after bought and nothing come unless automatic messages ..

waiting ...

Vanquiz
10-06-2008, 08:38 PM
24 hour after bought and nothing come unless automatic messages ..

waiting ...

I got mine set up between 24-48 hours. They dont email you anything except that automatic message before the server is set, then you will get your server login access in email after those period.

Touareg
10-06-2008, 09:37 PM
i have got it before 10 min .. after waiting for 36 hours

but sipmley .. awesome!!!

Neoworld
10-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Looks like a great provider.

t0x1c
10-07-2008, 07:39 AM
Hey everyone,
didnt know wether to create a new thread or post here, i signed up to seedhost.eu yesterday and it took 14 hours all up to get it setup and got sent the server details. However i cant even connect to the webpage webui/gui thing "internet explorer cannt display the webpage". The ftp works fine. Dont have anything in there though. How long does it usually take to get a respond to the 'ticket'? This is my first attempt at hiring a seedbox. Is it safe to post the link to the gui and see if anyone can even get to a logon popup?

Kuttichan
10-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Hey everyone,
didnt know wether to create a new thread or post here, i signed up to seedhost.eu yesterday and it took 14 hours all up to get it setup and got sent the server details. However i cant even connect to the webpage webui/gui thing "internet explorer cannt display the webpage". The ftp works fine. Dont have anything in there though. How long does it usually take to get a respond to the 'ticket'? This is my first attempt at hiring a seedbox. Is it safe to post the link to the gui and see if anyone can even get to a logon popup?
hmm..

wonder why you can't connect to webui!

you will most probably get a reply for the ticket with in few hours from now. If you are from US, there is a timezone difference between the tech help person and you.

Don't post your webui link here!

Hop everything will end up good for you