DasFox
07-26-2008, 11:52 AM
I just came across this site:

http://www.torrentprivacy.com/

Anyone use TorrentPrivacy, any good?

THANKS

Tanuki
07-26-2008, 12:05 PM
With TorrentPrivacy your IP is concealedI stopped reading here. This part is utter nonsense, so I don't trust the other claims either.

DasFox
07-26-2008, 12:13 PM
With TorrentPrivacy your IP is concealedI stopped reading here. This part is utter nonsense, so I don't trust the other claims either.

You should of read a bit, they're running an SSH tunnel and several Bittorent groups know them and support them....

They're no nonsense about this, if they know what they are doing then this could be good...

Thing is if someone gets a good proxy then they can run uTorrnet themselves through it, but that hides you on the P2P network, but then can an ISP still see you connecting to it I wonder...

Krvaric
07-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Never heard of it.
Never used it.
And never gonna use it either.

Tanuki
07-26-2008, 12:31 PM
It is easy to encrypt a p2p connection. There are protocol enhancements for bittorrent, which allow this. But it is nearly impossible to hide your ip from your peers. Why do do think p2p networks like freenet or ant, which really work hard to do so, are so terribly slow? What TorrentPrivacy can do, is to offer a central server, which acts as 'man in the middle'. In theory this could work, but yeah, we all know how central servers are a great idea in a p2p environment. And of course, a Russian company runs servers in Holland to conceal our ips from our peers for free.

Elecktricity
07-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Wouldn't trust it

koolyt
07-26-2008, 12:42 PM
what russian company is this

Squizzle
07-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Get a cheap dedi or VPS and run a VPN on it. Same difference.

DasFox
07-27-2008, 06:30 AM
what russian company is this

Yes I would like to know too please?

I love how people tell us these things but then don't give any answers, is it to TAUNT us?

We're being taunted..... :naughty:

Well in the meantime while we're waiting I found SecureIX:

http://www.secureix.com

This article says that SecureIX is for sale, so I wouldn't go buying their accounts...

http://www.broerse.net/wordpress/2008/06/08/buy-your-own-relakks-service-called-secureix/

Kuttichan
07-27-2008, 06:36 AM
never used it

Tanuki
07-27-2008, 08:07 AM
Funny, telling me I should have read a bit more, but missing the most important information himself. Kindly click the link 'ABOUT US':
TorrentPrivacy Administration 63400, Russian Federation, Tomsk, Lenina str. 30/2

becomehokage
07-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Hes with the cops :blink:

turin
07-27-2008, 11:46 AM

I have heard this before, but won't your VPS have an IP with your name on it?
So I don't see how this is any better in hiding your name.

koolyt
07-27-2008, 01:05 PM

I have heard this before, but won't your VPS have an IP with your name on it?
So I don't see how this is any better in hiding your name.

i think in this setup the vpn is primarily what provides the protection, b/c typically the provider has high privacy standards. but also a seedbox is usually i think a little more secure than a regular isp b/c it is more of a hassle for someone to try and track u down if you're in another country (assuming ur seedbox is in another country)

koolyt
07-27-2008, 01:07 PM
double post