PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firdbird 0.6.1

3rd gen noob
08-19-2003, 04:19 PM
being completely new (only a couple of days) to mozilla firebird, i still have to learn some of the nuances of it

i've found it to be much better than ie generally, however, i am a little puzzled by the apparent lack of support for xdcc send commands to clipboard

when using ie6, all you need to do is go to an irc search engine, find what you want, click the link and paste the xdcc send command from the clipboard to the room.
however, mozilla firebird doesn't appear to support this, so i need to enter the command manually. is there a workaround for this, or will i just have to use ie6 for irc...?

thanks in advance for any replies

3rd gen noob
08-19-2003, 10:38 PM
cough, cough

shn
08-20-2003, 12:22 AM
Your excused. Sounds like you may be coming down with a slight cold. :P

Just kiddin, I really dont know what to tell you except maybe to check out the firebird help site, or chatzilla if that has anything to do with it being its an irc client and all.

I havent messed around with irc in a while but I assume your speaking of the dcc file transfer for irc?

Correct me if Im wrong :unsure:

3rd gen noob
08-20-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by shn@20 August 2003 - 01:22
Your excused. Sounds like you may be coming down with a slight cold. :P

Just kiddin, I really dont know what to tell you except maybe to check out the firebird help site, or chatzilla if that has anything to do with it being its an irc client and all.

I havent messed around with irc in a while but I assume your speaking of the dcc file transfer for irc?

Correct me if Im wrong :unsure:
yeah, i was talking about using irc (through mirc)

thanks for the advice, i'll give it a wee look just now

p.s. yeah, i did have a slight cough there (ahem), but it's better now :P