PDA

View Full Version : Recording A Vcd

bud48744
08-19-2003, 05:57 PM
Im fairly NEW to this I bought a CD burner (with NERO) a tv card Ive got movies on my computer BUT! when I try to burn a VCD it tells me NOT-ENOUGH-ROOM! what do I do to cut it into peices to fit on CDs

MediaSlayer
08-19-2003, 06:02 PM
start here (http://www.dvdrhelp.com)

TheFilePirater
08-19-2003, 06:42 PM
dont be a fagget media, give him advice

MediaSlayer
08-19-2003, 09:15 PM
lol File, I had it comin'

bud48744: You didn't say whether you want to burn a disk for playing movies on your computer or for playing them on a standalone dvd player.

*IF* you want to burn some disks for playing on your computer only, just burn the movie files as data. In Nero you would select "make data disc". It burns the files as data, nothing special just choose which files and burn them. When you play them later, use the videolan player it should play everything cept' quicktime.

*IF you want to make genuine disks that will work in a standalone dvd player, you will need to do some work. Check doom9 you might like their guides. Anyway, you need a dvd burner to make genuine single-layer dvds(the old kind with just the movie and a few options) and nero(6 is best imho). Check doom9 for conversions. Most of the movies you download are mpeg or mpeg4 or a variant of mpeg4(divx,xvid,ect...). You are converting to mpeg2 for svcd and dvd. If you start with divx for example, you will end up with an mpeg2 program stream(dvd) after conversion.

The easiest thing is to make svcds without menus. Both vcds and svcds play in many players, without menus it will just play with no chapters from beginning to end. Get dvd2svcd from doom9, install it. Cross your fingers, the newest version is supposed to be a one-click thing. If you are starting with a divx file for example, here's what you do: Anytime you have a file that's too big, you have to split it into good sizes so tmpgenc can encode each disk seperately. Regardless of the codec, a 300mb movie will easily fit on a 700mb/80min cd. I split my movies with virtual dub, you might wanna try on of those "easy video splitters"-look in to it I heard its noob friendly. Anyway once split, encode them in tmpgenc as svcd and use the finished mpeg to make and image with nero image drive. Then mount the image in nero and try a 1:1 copy.

TheFilePirater
08-19-2003, 10:32 PM
:D ya u did lol, i do like that advice B)