PDA

View Full Version : Soulseek <3

lukee
07-28-2008, 01:48 AM
All i can say is wow. I decided to try it for the lulz and i just love it. All of the mp3's i downloaded are good quality, they are all tagged well and the best is I can download folders :)

whoever is looking for a good music source i highly recommend it. speeds aren't bad either ;)

Something Else
07-28-2008, 01:52 AM
Agree. It rawks. There is a Filesharingtalk room on Soulseek btw. Refresh the rooms list. :smilie4:

lukee
07-28-2008, 02:43 AM
Agree. It rawks. There is a Filesharingtalk room on Soulseek btw. Refresh the rooms list. :smilie4:

oops my bad :)

Something Else
07-28-2008, 03:40 AM

What did you do that was bad. :unsure:

xKaosx
07-28-2008, 04:42 AM
I tried it as well and it is not the fastest method of downloading music but pretty reliable sometimes

lukee
07-28-2008, 05:13 AM

What did you do that was bad. :unsure:

Sorry i red to fast, i thought you were askign em to post in the soulseek section of this site :)

also do you do you know why my downloads only start like 2 minutes later...it keeps showing "remotely queued" :(

Spillage
07-28-2008, 07:29 AM
If a file is Remotely Queued , the person you're trying to download from is already uploading to as many people as they can. Either wait for a free slot, or download from someone who has no queue. Check the search results, look at the in queue field, that tells you how many people are waiting for that user.
As benchez mentioned, it's best to refresh the room list when firing up SLSK, right click on the room list & click the appropiate tag.
Search in SLSK is basically haphazard . You get search results from people you're connected to, but you're not connected to everyone . Joining different rooms will connect you to other users, giving completely different results . If you join a room, right click on the main window & you can search for files in that specific room.

Skiz
07-28-2008, 07:54 AM
If a file is Remotely Queued , the person you're trying to download from is already uploading to as many people as they can. Either wait for a free slot, or download from someone who has no queue. Check the search results, look at the in queue field, that tells you how many people are waiting for that user.

Just to add to that, look at the color of the tracks which are listed. If the tracks are listed in black, there is no queue and your downloads will likely start immediately. It they are listed in gray, that means the user is currently uploading tracks to another user. In that event, look at the "In Queue" column to see how many tracks are queued before you.

Also, if your download is in queue you'll be able to right-click the top track in the list and see an update of the queue. Just right-click the top track in the queued list and select "Get place in line".

Distinguished
07-28-2008, 06:13 PM
:blink:
:wacko:
Lol.. Coz Speed is'nt Toooo bad :P

whoever is looking for a good music source i highly recommend it. speeds aren't bad either ;)

also do you do you know why my downloads only start like 2 minutes later...it keeps showing "remotely queued" :(

Skiz
07-28-2008, 06:15 PM
^What are you talking about?

invadercat
07-29-2008, 07:25 AM
may be he just trying to say that sometimes speed isn't that grate with soulseek

Spillage
07-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Maybe he should realise that for Soulseeker's, speed is pretty much unimportant . It's the availability of rare music that counts .
Maybe he should stick to posting in topics about super fast trackers with bog standard content, rather venturing into threads where his kB/s fixation is not relevent .

Mr.sharer
07-29-2008, 04:15 PM
i cant stop stuffs i download sometimes . when i restart soulseek it restarts the downloading . am doing something wrong :dabs:

Skiz
07-29-2008, 04:37 PM
No. Soulseek doesn't use a pause feature as there are often times users with files queued that are waiting to download.

You can however abort the download and then retry when ready to resume it. This will essentially pause the download and remove you from the queue until you're ready to resume the file(s).

Mr.sharer
07-29-2008, 04:42 PM
ok thanks

so how long does it take to pause(stop ? ) after i click abort . i think i have clicked abort once and nothing stopped. :wacko:

Skiz
07-29-2008, 04:43 PM
It should be instant. What version are you using?

Mr.sharer
07-30-2008, 08:13 AM
i uninstalled it .i dont really remember . what version do you suggest skizo ? :unsure:

Skiz
07-30-2008, 02:16 PM
The newest one. Something like "NS 13" or something, but you'll have to transfer you lists over.

Mr.sharer
08-01-2008, 02:33 PM
ok i downloaded ns13 and found an mp3 i was looking for a long time , but half way through the download the status says remote:banned

wtf is that supposed to mean ? :unsure:

Skiz
08-01-2008, 02:42 PM
That means the user you were downloading from banned you.

I assume you aren't sharing any files? That's a common reason to get banned by a user in SS and it's the same thing I do.