PDA

View Full Version : Attention: People asking for FTN

Kyl3KK
07-28-2008, 03:18 AM
Invites were pulled. Stop asking.

respawn40
07-28-2008, 04:11 AM
I heard it was because a lot of people were trying to sell invites. WTF would you buy an invite for, when you could just spend a little more time, and get one for free, through legit, honest methods. I hate the kind of "punish everyone for what a few committed". That always bugged me when I was in elementary school. :(

killercam101
07-28-2008, 04:15 AM
FTN is a great tracker but this goes to show all those "community" freaks if FTN = community,,..why would a FTN member sell his/her invite? Maybe that person didn't get enough hugs on IRC?

respawn40
07-28-2008, 04:38 AM
I hate the kind of "punish everyone for what a few committed". That always bugged me when I was in elementary school. :(

In this instance there is no way to effectively weed out those who're likely to become rogue capitalists, so everyone gets fucked. There's no other way.

\It's still sad though, and that's what I was commenting about.

hitman51
07-28-2008, 04:47 AM
I hate the kind of "punish everyone for what a few committed". That always bugged me when I was in elementary school. :(

In this instance there is no way to effectively weed out those who're likely to become rogue capitalists, so everyone gets fucked. There's no other way.

oh there are ways :shifty:

respawn40
07-28-2008, 04:49 AM

oh there are ways :shifty:

But those require too much work :( You can't go baiting everyone.

JROQuinn
07-28-2008, 05:26 AM
haha, why give out invites? knowing people are going to do shit like that?
sad
it will never end, yet people expect it to.

Kyokushin
07-28-2008, 05:46 AM
Good for them, more trackers should close completely.

JROQuinn
07-28-2008, 05:48 AM
agreed

but, that might be the fun of modding a site. dealing with people that dont know how to follow rules :P

RedRansom
07-28-2008, 07:51 AM
this is good news we saw some1 trying to trade invite with 2 month seedbox...
FTN members really know what is comunty and profit :lol:

bblogs
07-28-2008, 08:28 AM
I heard it was because a lot of people were trying to sell invites. WTF would you buy an invite for, when you could just spend a little more time, and get one for free, through legit, honest methods. I hate the kind of "punish everyone for what a few committed". That always bugged me when I was in elementary school. :(

I'll probably get socially whipped for saying this but, facts are facts.

By a "little more time", you might be talking...a day, a couple of days? Around here that's around $200USD. Now which person, who discovered that FTN was all they needed to be satisfied in life, started searching for a free invite and found it in 2 days' time?
Obviously you're not quite as secure as if you'd have been given the invite (although, invite buyers were rewarded in this case :rolleyes:)
But that's life, and it comes down to trackers to find ways of combating it. I personally think that it was a mistake for FTN to suddenly give out invites, if they gave out maybe 1 or 2 per day to good users, nobody would have ever found out and this whole thing wouldn't have happened.
But in the end it's one of the only problems faced by private trackers that is seemingly impossible to solve, you just can't tell whether or not somebody has paid under the table for an invite. :mellow:

The Flying Cow
07-28-2008, 09:21 AM
FTN is a great tracker but this goes to show all those "community" freaks if FTN = community,,..why would a FTN member sell his/her invite? Maybe that person didn't get enough hugs on IRC?

Maybe that person wanted to make money?

:idunno:

BTW - I can't see why a few unscrupulous members should overshadow the whole FTN crowd. That's a bit of a farfetched statement, wouldn't you say?

-Sherman

corpik19
07-28-2008, 09:37 AM
bad news byt is one way for traders and seelers scammer cheaters :(

DKre8ive1
07-28-2008, 09:47 AM
If you start to see the invites go away again you only have guys like this to thank for it happening.

Link-> http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-trade-305045

Wow! I didn't expect my prediction coming true so soon and to bad a few bad apples rotten up the whole tree.

FACE_TO_FACE
07-28-2008, 10:15 AM
ftn is a great tracker but this goes to show all those "community" freaks if ftn = community,,..why would a ftn member sell his/her invite? Maybe that person didn't get enough hugs on irc?
+ 1

puckface
07-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Gee, I wonder why?

Anyway, its unfortunate, and FTN is in a tight spot, as far as I can see. Anyone who has been there for any amount of time can see that activity on the site has dwindled, they need new blood to jumpstart the cativity again but cant get it because people want to buy their way in with cold hard cash. I actually got 3 PM's here offering me upwards of $50 for my invite. I can see how that could be tempting to someone less better off than I

DarkWave
07-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Thank God the invites are pulled!

No more FTN request threads :P

ConkiZz
07-28-2008, 12:18 PM

Those threads never gonna end ;)

DarkWave
07-28-2008, 12:44 PM

I hope that FTN will become like U*-*!

You see many threads about it? Everyone knows that it's impossible to get it just asking here, so they don't ask for it!

If you deserve FTN, it will find you... I personally, gave 2 times invites here for free (not an open giveaway).

I met some guys here, and after some time, they proved to me that they deserve it, and they got it!

The key for FTN is patience. The whole story for community etc is an excuse to ask a high level invitation. The people that care for the community, are already active here, have made their friends here or on other forums, so when the invite is requested, many people would love to invite them.

Just not a "Need FTN invite/acc" request!

mrnobody
07-28-2008, 12:59 PM
where was invite being sold btw? on ebay? lol

editZ:

well, FTN gave invites to donors + heros twice. That's huge # of people with invites, hence more request.

hotshot6473
07-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Ugh some people are just plain stupid and only think about themselves. Greed will only lead to bad things and look what happened.

naikon
07-28-2008, 01:30 PM
nice :D i pray for closing invite reg on FTN for next feeew months :D

respawn40
07-28-2008, 03:23 PM

I'll probably get socially whipped for saying this but, facts are facts.

By a "little more time", you might be talking...a day, a couple of days? Around here that's around $200USD. Now which person, who discovered that FTN was all they needed to be satisfied in life, started searching for a free invite and found it in 2 days' time?
Obviously you're not quite as secure as if you'd have been given the invite (although, invite buyers were rewarded in this case :rolleyes:)
But that's life, and it comes down to trackers to find ways of combating it. I personally think that it was a mistake for FTN to suddenly give out invites, if they gave out maybe 1 or 2 per day to good users, nobody would have ever found out and this whole thing wouldn't have happened.
But in the end it's one of the only problems faced by private trackers that is seemingly impossible to solve, you just can't tell whether or not somebody has paid under the table for an invite. :mellow:

OK, so I kinda understated the amount of time it probably takes to get an invite >.>

xnugx
07-28-2008, 06:17 PM
I was |--------x-| close to getting one, then they shut :(
I feel the pain. BUT! I do understand that if I was capable now, I will be again later.
FTN will always find good users, the rules aren't gonna change. Perhaps just my luck.

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 06:24 PM
I feel the pain. BUT! I do understand that if I was capable now, I will be again later.
FTN will always find good users, the rules aren't gonna change. Perhaps just my luck.

Honestly, you seem to think of too high of those sites, Trust me, they are not, The only reason most hide behind the mask of being a non trader and etc... is to avoid ban. Most if not all of those guyz there are there because it has a high level. They even call themselves trader collector etc just because of this crusade against traders.... Tracker owners know this very very well, they try to eliminate those, but they cannot, as simple as this... You can always get in to the site you are banned even if your country is banned....just a get a closed proxy then they cannot get ya at all. Ftn has nice or awesome users i admit, but it also has the most awful people one can ever find.This is same for most trackers even for uk... This is a fact.

deadalive1
07-28-2008, 06:37 PM

Honestly, you seem to think of too high of those sites, Trust me, they are not, The only reason most hide behind the mask of being a non trader and etc... is to avoid ban. Most if not all of those guyz there are there because it has a high level. They even call themselves trader collector etc just because of this crusade against traders.... Tracker owners know this very very well, they try to eliminate those, but they cannot, as simple as this... You can always get in to the site you are banned even if your country is banned....just a get a closed proxy then they cannot get ya at all. Ftn has nice or awesome users i admit, but it also has the most awful people one can ever find.This is same for most trackers even for uk... This is a fact.
Advising people how to cheat the system, wtg! What a quality member you are!:angry:

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Advising people how to cheat the system, wtg! What a quality member you are!:angry:
I am just saying the truth mate, They cannot get ya, but it is up to him to decide what is right or what is wrong, Just because you know how to break a code doesnt mean that you will. My point of view on the issue is this, Know as much as you can, but apply if you think this is the right thing to do. Just because he knows how to do it doesnt mean that he shall do it. IT is up to him to decide what is good for himself. I want him to know what is right naturally not because he doesnt know how to do it... I know how to cheat, i never cheated either except for the first time that i learnt what cheating means, If i use a 2 multiplier, they cannot get me, why do i bother paying for seedbox? Because This is what it is all about, FILESHARING. I like to feel comfortable while i am sleeping, that is all. Also Lets think of another issue, Being a damn trader, Just because most of the guyz here take a non trader attidude, Some people tend to think of us as a damn virus who does nothing but to leech. There are also people Who says that Traders are not my friends. This is the damn result of your and the most of the trackers attitude against traders... I am a trader yeah, I havent done anything wrong against Trackers or users, If i did, Nobody would entrust his account details to me right? So traders may also be truthful about what they do. First You Lecture those guyz who doesnt even accept traders as Friends, then come and lecture me about what is right to teach other guyz pls. Then i will be damn glad to hear your argument.

integral
07-28-2008, 07:05 PM
I for one don't "hate" traders, and I'm not on a "crusade" against traders. I personally don't agree with it at all, and as it's against the rules of most trackers, I think a lot of others agree with me. I do not participate in it, and I do not support people who participate in it. Simple.

deadalive1
07-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Obviously you know what you are doing is wrong, hence why you are hiding your replies under the spoiler. But whatever, back to ignore you go, I thought you might of learned from the last disablement, obviously I was wrong.

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Obviously you know what you are doing is wrong, hence why you are hiding your replies under the spoiler. But whatever, back to ignore you go, I thought you might of learned from the last disablement, obviously I was wrong.
i put them under spoiler because they are not relevant to this topic. I suggest you do the same to prevent such a filth.

I didnt mean all at all, There are some who are affected by this NONTRADER fashion which leads them to hate us because this is the way to get whatever they want, The first advice you hear to get whatever you want is to be non trader, This is what drives some of those guyz against us. I have my beloved non trader friends as well as those who trade. I luv them all.Noone is asking for his cursed invite. Noone will ever will. Those guyz even refuse to be friend :S this is what freaked me out.

Disme
07-28-2008, 07:36 PM
i put them under spoiler because they are not relevant to this topic. I suggest you do the same to prevent such a filth.

Hmmm...first thought that crossed my mind when reading this was ... so why do you post it, even under the spoiler-thingie. :whistling

I've read a whole lot of your posts lately and I will not judge you but I truly believe you should let go things a little more, instead of replying to every nitwit here on the board.
Hereby I am not accusing anyone being a nitwit personally.

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 07:40 PM

Hmmm...first thought that crossed my mind when reading this was ... so why do you post it, even under the spoiler-thingie. :whistling

I've read a whole lot of your posts lately and I will not judge you but I truly believe you should let go things a little more, instead of replying to every nitwit here on the board.
Hereby I am not accusing anyone being a nitwit personally.
Believe me i wish i could, but this must be mutual, it is not only about one side, both sides shall return to their corners for this to work effectively, But i cant stand by and watch him accuse me of teaching guyz how to cheat system...I am really glad he ignored me, if you dont want to see my posts then dont even bother reading...AS simple as this isnt it?

Disme
07-28-2008, 07:41 PM
AS simple as shit isnt it?

/fixed :D

Brandon
07-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Ftn has nice or awesome users i admit, but it also has the most awful people one can ever find.This is same for most trackers even for uk... This is a fact.[/spoiler]

Care to elaborate?

killercam101
07-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Ftn has nice or awesome users i admit, but it also has the most awful people one can ever find.This is same for most trackers even for uk... This is a fact.[/spoiler]

Care to elaborate?

asking him to elaborate? bilk in 100 words or less please!:lol:

deadalive1
07-28-2008, 08:56 PM

Care to elaborate?
Be ready for a dissertation.:whistling

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 08:57 PM

Care to elaborate?
Yeah sure, I have come to know some really nice guy there on your community even though i am not a member. Day by day i run into people who are on most f.... trackers and uk.... etc... I actually like the way they are being honest about who they are, But most of those guyz tell me that they are traders. collectors and etc... It isnt just about your community, it is a general hard to solve problem. When i see that you have a nice tracker ideology for those who really need such a freeleech, I cannot help but label those guyz who trade to get more and more high level trackerrs as awful people. The reason is f... is in my opinion is a place for those who may not afford to buy a seedbox or pay2leech, This is why, It must be for guyz who really needs it, I am aware of the problem to differentiate people who really needs it. When i see traders or collectors on your community, I cannot help but label those who are not satisfied with what they have as awful people since most of those traders and etc dont need ftn for their needs but others do, This is nothing but being self-indulgent, and in my opinion, this is what contradicts with f... ideology which is based on real filesharing without putting any limitation on users like ratio, This is why people who occupy such trackers even if they have all they need are really awful self-indulgent people though i know some of those guyz very well, I like most of them honestly, but being on a non ratio tracker when you dont need to be because of the buffers you have on other trackers is an selfish attitude in my opinion and this is what is awful on ftn or any such trackers. I am also a trader, but i never tried to get more than what i need, I have enough of them for all my needs, I had my reasons for getting into some trackers via trade like not to be burden on someone whom you call friend, not to wait in line for someones generosity to have what you need etc... Hope it is clear.

xnugx
07-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Care to elaborate?

asking him to elaborate? bilk in 100 words or less please!:lol:

Impossible feat... :frusty:

The Flying Cow
07-28-2008, 10:04 PM
It's all verbal diarrhoea, too.

-Sherman

Kyl3KK
07-28-2008, 10:17 PM

Care to elaborate?Oh. Hi B. Are you accepting PMs here? I have something I'd like to ask you that has to do more with here than FTN.

Enlightened
07-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Care to elaborate?
Yeah sure, I have come to know some really nice guy there on your community even though i am not a member. Day by day i run into people who are on most f.... trackers and uk.... etc... I actually like the way they are being honest about who they are, But most of those guyz tell me that they are traders. collectors and etc... It isnt just about your community, it is a general hard to solve problem. When i see that you have a nice tracker ideology for those who really need such a freeleech, I cannot help but label those guyz who trade to get more and more high level trackerrs as awful people. The reason is f... is in my opinion is a place for those who may not afford to buy a seedbox or pay2leech, This is why, It must be for guyz who really needs it, I am aware of the problem to differentiate people who really needs it. When i see traders or collectors on your community, I cannot help but label those who are not satisfied with what they have as awful people since most of those traders and etc dont need ftn for their needs but others do, This is nothing but being self-indulgent, and in my opinion, this is what contradicts with f... ideology which is based on real filesharing without putting any limitation on users like ratio, This is why people who occupy such trackers even if they have all they need are really awful self-indulgent people though i know some of those guyz very well, I like most of them honestly, but being on a non ratio tracker when you dont need to be because of the buffers you have on other trackers is an selfish attitude in my opinion and this is what is awful on ftn or any such trackers. I am also a trader, but i never tried to get more than what i need, I have enough of them for all my needs, I had my reasons for getting into some trackers via trade like not to be burden on someone whom you call friend, not to wait in line for someones generosity to have what you need etc... Hope it is clear.

Hmm...wonder what grade Mr. B is going to give for this essay?

Let see :
Opening Thesis statement = 0 :(
Body of Essay = 0 :(
Able To connect points in essay = 0 :(

* Conclusion of essay = 0 :(

Sorry , Bilkenter >>>>>>>> U have failing Grade in Essay.........:naughty:

Technix
07-28-2008, 10:24 PM
i think topic need :lock: :)

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 10:26 PM

Hmm...wonder what grade Mr. B is going to grade this essay?

Let see :

Unfortunate dunno why but i always get the top grade, it is probably i didnt put much effort into it honestly, The point is clear isnt it? That is what matters, But i am working on a better thesis, i would luv you to grade it as well:D

The Flying Cow
07-28-2008, 10:26 PM
i think topic need :lock: :)

I think bilker needs :lock:

-Sherman :)

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 10:28 PM
OR he better say screw it, i am deleting my own account :) that way might be much more better, Actually only one answer then i will high likely do it...

Edit: In the meantime, someone better tell me how to delete your own account while i am making one last stand then i am history Hope never to be back :D

Kyl3KK
07-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Here or at FTN?

You can't delete accounts here, but I think you can use /delacct.php on FTN.

deadalive1
07-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Hmm...wonder what grade Mr. B is going to give for this essay?

Let see :

While I appreciate your grading system I must add the following. :D

Punctuation = non-existent

Spelling = absolutely horrid

Thesis Quality = can't even call this a thesis, just a bunch of rambling thoughts lumped into a long-winded paragraph saying absolutely nothing.

Him being banned from here forever........... PRICELESS!

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Here or at FTN?

You can't delete accounts here, but I think you can use /delacct.php on FTN.
Here here, i am not a member of ftn and i dont intend to honestly, I really need to delete this account and never come back under no circumstance. I am sick of it, damn paradise wait for me:D

Edit: if any of the mods see it, Get rid of this account immediately, i am sick of here honestly...Pls Pls Pls i will even pay if u delete it:D i dont wanna see some idiots (this was the first offense i ever used, hope it helps me to get banned)who make comparison between killing people and cheating the system...

MaaxHimself
07-28-2008, 10:40 PM
They wont delete your account here

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 10:41 PM

Why not? Just ban me forever, then it will be as good as being deleted

Edit: i really dont want to offend anyone, if i have to get banned, i will do it honestly, so pls do it before i offend someone

respawn40
07-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Then how will you post your trading manifesto =/?

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Then how will you post your trading manifesto =/?
Wont :) I am gonna go back to summer house, beach house girls etc... :) i dont care from now on what some thinks of traders etc... RAther than spending your time, just go seed leech and shut up :) It works trust me

Edit: For the manifesto, i have already written 1 page, might post it later maybe via a friend here or etc...

Edit 2: i dont wanna double post or anything, Just ban me permanently pls, Then i will go, Otherwise i have to do things that i dont usually luv to do to get banned...

killercam101
07-28-2008, 10:50 PM
that I don't usually luv to do to get banned?bitme ring a bell <== you loved every minute of it didn't you :P

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 10:53 PM
that I don't usually luv to do to get banned?bitme ring a bell <== you loved every minute of it didn't you :P

:wacko:didnt get what you meant though anyway doesnt matter wont have to worry about it again:D once i am gone

killercam101
07-28-2008, 10:54 PM
I meant to say you getting banned is nothing new

bilkenter
07-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Permanent will be smt new :) And i will get rid of here forever:) hope to do so :)

Edit: anyway i am gone... hope they ban me if not, i wont stay here much longer, i know much more permanent solutions just play with regedit then it is over

xnugx
07-29-2008, 02:31 AM
Permanent will be smt new :) And i will get rid of here forever:) hope to do so :)

Edit: anyway i am gone... hope they ban me if not, i wont stay here much longer, i know much more permanent solutions just play with regedit then it is over

:yahoo::fst:

becomehokage
07-29-2008, 02:35 AM

Why not? Just ban me forever, then it will be as good as being deleted

Edit: i really dont want to offend anyone, if i have to get banned, i will do it honestly, so pls do it before i offend someone
You'd be closer to get banned than deleted :p

th0r
07-29-2008, 03:50 AM
how the fuck do you have more than 1,000 posts in less than 3 months?

spam much?

Disme
07-29-2008, 04:42 AM
how the fuck do you have more than 1,000 posts in less than 3 months?

spam much?

Yes sir ... thank ya very muchos ... King of spam ... protector of the oppressed ... that's him :whistling

Technix
07-29-2008, 07:17 AM
t4i;]