PDA

View Full Version : Why is 1.6.1 banned? on tti and other trackers

Blackbeard
07-29-2008, 12:35 AM
I found out utorrent 1.7.7 was bought by media defeater i guess and now utorrent 1.6.1 is banned on trackers like tti and few others any reason why?.. even it from what i heard can be crashed..

jukesta
07-29-2008, 12:54 AM
juss use 1.7.7 who honestly cares.

MadIrish
07-29-2008, 01:51 AM
I found out utorrent 1.7.7 was bought by media defeater i guess and now utorrent 1.6.1 is banned on trackers like tti and few others any reason why?.. even it from what i heard can be crashed..

No, it was bought by bittorrent inc. Who've done their best to cock up various builds of 1.7, but nobody has any actual evidence of them doing anything deliberately malicious with the client.

Anyway, 1.6.1 is not banned on many trackers. None that I use in fact. Neither should it be, its the most stable and trusted torrent client ever produced. Imo.

A few sites banned it when the latest security flaw was found in the 1.7x series, utorrent devs encouraged people to think 1.6.1 had the same issues, then admitted it didn't later on; most sites unbanned it after that but some never did.

I guess some sites also just want their users using the latest version of clients for whatever reason. You'd really need to ask the admin on those sites why they don't allow it.

lovejj
07-29-2008, 04:49 AM
i know even utorrent 1.77 ban in one trackets:)

goodboss
07-29-2008, 06:33 AM
and what is the problem with you ?!

just use 1.7 :yup:

esco123
07-29-2008, 11:17 AM
ye i was wondering whut 1.6.1 was banned, but i was not too fussed i just went with the latest most stable one, as long as im using utorrent im not bothered, :P

Blackbeard
07-29-2008, 01:28 PM

No, it was bought by bittorrent inc. Who've done their best to cock up various builds of 1.7, but nobody has any actual evidence of them doing anything deliberately malicious with the client.

Anyway, 1.6.1 is not banned on many trackers. None that I use in fact. Neither should it be, its the most stable and trusted torrent client ever produced. Imo.

A few sites banned it when the latest security flaw was found in the 1.7x series, utorrent devs encouraged people to think 1.6.1 had the same issues, then admitted it didn't later on; most sites unbanned it after that but some never did.

I guess some sites also just want their users using the latest version of clients for whatever reason. You'd really need to ask the admin on those sites why they don't allow it.

Ah was not sure, didn't know if they added some kind of spy crap in it.. :blink:

and what is the problem with you ?!

just use 1.7 :yup:

Didn't want to if it was bought by media defeater if they added a backdoor or something. :P

GXice
07-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Didn't want to if it was bought by media defeater if they added a backdoor or something. :P

Rest assured they haven't.

fOrUmAs
07-29-2008, 05:03 PM
not again with all this false shity rumors...

1.6.1 is pretty old client

use 177 but probably in few days the new 1.8 version will be released or u can download utorrent 1.8 RC 6

no one use anymore 1.6 version

sokrates
07-29-2008, 09:31 PM
i still use 1.6.1^^ always works quite well..
couldnt say that about the 1.7.x versions in my case, so why should i upgrade?
and as long as my favourite trackers dont ban 1.6.1 i wont change to another client..

MadIrish
07-30-2008, 11:32 AM
not again with all this false shity rumors...

1.6.1 is pretty old client

use 177 but probably in few days the new 1.8 version will be released or u can download utorrent 1.8 RC 6

no one use anymore 1.6 version

Yeah, they do :p

Just because its newer doesn't necessarily mean its better. And that doesn't have to be about wearing a tin foil hat either. A good example would be how many poeple stuck with Nero 6 over 7..

i still use 1.6.1^^ always works quite well..
couldnt say that about the 1.7.x versions in my case, so why should i upgrade?
and as long as my favourite trackers dont ban 1.6.1 i wont change to another client..

+1

JenSenCO
07-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Yeah, they do :p

Just because its newer doesn't necessarily mean its better. And that doesn't have to be about wearing a tin foil hat either. A good example would be how many poeple stuck with Nero 6 over 7..

this rule can be applied to all software, i also dont like continous upgrades of program which makes them usually harder to run, but still, there is nothing wrong with utorrent 177, i upgraded from 161 in seconds and voila :)

walkman79
07-31-2008, 04:09 PM
uTorrent version 1.6.1 still works very well but it is banned in some good trackers like ScT. They don't even want to discuss about it, they lock every thread that suggest 1.6.1 should be allowed.