PDA

View Full Version : XP Pro 32 Bit or 64 Bit ?

peat moss
08-02-2008, 05:48 AM
I'm kinda experimenting but like what I see , sure is a bitch getting my preferences like Black XP 19 tho . :lol:

I'm thinking my hardware supports it and have 4 gbs of memory so thought I'd try . I'm finding its a bugger to get all my programs back , hardware was easy tho my old Canon I550 is not supported , driver issues . I'v spent all bloody day getting my system to how I like it .

I'm venting of course as Warezdemonds Black 19 was a slow install but had most of what I use . I guess my question is tho is ,it worth it ? I have a older set up with a core 2 quad Q6600 and thought hey why not .

panoli
08-03-2008, 02:08 AM
try win xp X64 im using it its good. no probs. but some softs wont work. r go for win xp SP3

maverick_andy
08-03-2008, 03:35 AM
if wanted to exprmnt then go for VMware. It works like real OS. after u satisfied with ur exprmnt. then clean install:D

peat moss
08-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the comments fellas , I had a hell of a time with Uttorent speeds and Firefox 3.01 . I'm on a hub with my wife's computer and dam the speed sucked on mine , never like that with XP 32 . The evil lord's open connections tweak just would'nt work for me .

Start up time was 25 seconds or less tho and was very impressed with Microsoft programs like Office they just lept on to the screen .

I might try again as memory is so cheap and could install 8 gb instead of the 4gb I was using .

lightshow
08-04-2008, 02:32 AM
What kind of stuff are you wanting to run (app wise) that is written for 64 bit architecture?

peat moss
08-04-2008, 02:59 AM
I know call me dumb but was trying the 64 bit Firefox , called Minesweep or sumthing ? :pinch: Windowblinds was another biatch program . Eset 64 Internet Security , I could go on but you get the drift .

@lightshow , it wasn't a program per se but a hardware challenge I was looking at .

64 Bit Cpu , mobo , 4 gb ram . stuff like that . Was hoping I'd see a bit of a increase in performance is all .I was disappointed I guess and looking for excuses .