This movie looks like it will be good. Nice post

Celerystalksme
08-20-2003, 04:42 AM
Tarantino and Miramax...should be a classy movie :D

and Uma Thurman :o

Its gonna be something i will see... :)

shesmylovernow
08-20-2003, 04:44 AM
Too bad they split it in two so they can rape the ticket-buying public even more.

Celerystalksme
08-20-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by shesmylovernow@20 August 2003 - 14:44
Too bad they split it in two so they can rape the ticket-buying public even more.
Not the ticket buying public :D :lol:

I was gonna see it at the movies...now i might just download it... :)

LDeer
08-20-2003, 05:05 AM
Gotta love Tarantino... :) I respect him enough to actually buy both tickets.

Schmiggy_JK23
08-20-2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by shesmylovernow@19 August 2003 - 23:44
that wasnt the intent.

tarentino actually fought against that decision.

however, the movie was running long, 3+ hours, and mirax was worried about sales of a long movie, that wasnt quite the tarentino norm, being a uber/matrix/brutal/action flick. So mainly, the choice to split it was because of its length, not, just to make more money.

Celerystalksme
08-20-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23+20 August 2003 - 15:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Schmiggy_JK23 @ 20 August 2003 - 15:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shesmylovernow@19 August 2003 - 23:44
that wasnt the intent.

however, the movie was running long, 3+ hours, and mirax was worried about sales of a long movie, that wasnt quite the tarentino norm, being a uber/matrix/brutal/action flick. So mainly, the choice to split it was because of its length, not, just to make more money. [/b][/quote]
Okies seeing i know that i will go see it at the movies then :)

shesmylovernow
08-20-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23+20 August 2003 - 05:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Schmiggy_JK23 @ 20 August 2003 - 05:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shesmylovernow@19 August 2003 - 23:44
that wasnt the intent.

however, the movie was running long, 3+ hours, and mirax was worried about sales of a long movie, that wasnt quite the tarentino norm, being a uber/matrix/brutal/action flick. So mainly, the choice to split it was because of its length, not, just to make more money. [/b][/quote]
True, but there&#39;s no excusing the fact that Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Kill Bill Vol. 2 will be released on seperate DVDs. If that&#39;s not a money-making scheme, I don&#39;t know what is. It is after all, the same friggin&#39; movie, just split in half.

And the Asian version of the movie will be edited completely differently, so you can bet that will get a DVD release as well. Err, I mean 2 DVD releases. One for each "volume."

And I will never buy the whole "it&#39;s too long" argument. Was Titanic too long? Lord of the Rings? Schindler&#39;s List? Granted, it&#39;ll be one of the most violent/gory films ever made (if the studio doesn&#39;t mess it up, that is), but can any of you honestly say you won&#39;t sit through an extra 90 minutes b/c it&#39;s too much for you to take?

Fact is, QT didn&#39;t want to cut the film down. After reading the script, I have to say that&#39;s a mistake. Gone With the Wind, this is not. However, switching genres is a fantastic idea as it will keep things interesting, so it may very well work. I suppose only time will tell.

Schmiggy_JK23
08-20-2003, 08:32 AM
Me personally, no, i would have sat through the whole thing... im a huge qt fan.

But the studio worried too much about that... thus the reasoning.. its shitty.

maybe if they do seperate dvd releases, thy will wait on the first dvd, as the 2nd movie should be out within 3-4 months of the first movie, thus they can wait and a dvd collectors set or some shit, for like, 35-30 bucks, that would be worth it... cuz you know qt will have a ton of bonus stuff for the dvd.

ezyryder
08-20-2003, 02:08 PM
The movie is going to be great, Tarrantino was writting it at the times of Pulp Fiction, so the project has been going on along time. He does it in a similar style to pulp I&#39;ve heard (as in the time changing, with flashbacks and so forth).

Apparantly the movie is about uma thermin (co-writer) who at her wedding someone (sounds typical of tarrantino) comes and murders everyone at the service: Bill, so she (after also loosing her unborn baby) goes out to get revenge.

Apparantly it&#39;s very Tarantinoesque meaning the characters have these famous original quotes (as pulp fiction and resevoir dogs were riddled with) and it has the feel of hidden messages and time-changes throughout as well as the classic Tarantino fight-scenes.

Since this project has been going on for years and years, I hope it will live up to his other two movies of that era&#39;s standards. can&#39;t wait.

ahctlucabbuS
08-20-2003, 05:32 PM
Yea I agree with the general opinion here. Canīt wait for this film&#33; ;)

olibomb
08-20-2003, 08:07 PM
This film does look pretty gd, but films i think r gona turn out gd usually dont&#33; <_<