PDA

View Full Version : Peerguardian Spawns Install

Damnatory
08-20-2003, 04:50 AM
As of 2 days ago, everytime I try to start PeerGaurdian, it starts ok, but it also begins the install for Microsoft Office 2000.... Now this is freaking me out. I can very well cancel the installation, but why in the world is this happening???

Damnatory
08-20-2003, 07:22 AM
hmm, now I found this same problem when loading Kazupernodes....

zapjb
08-20-2003, 09:12 AM
The question to ask yourself is why me? Or more to the point. Why only me? Either you screwed up. Or you're very very important.

Seriously though. You're either yanking our chain (my vote), got a virus or trojan or worm, corrupt PG file or you f'd up your puter (registry etc.).

hammermaff
08-20-2003, 09:49 AM
I've had a similar sort of problem too, it sometimes happens after i run a reg. cleaner or system mechanic.

It comes up when i open the recycle bin, i just let it run (install word, excel, outlook or whatever prog.) After that there is no probs.

I think something must be deleted in the process of cleaning the reg./ files and word etc. is just repairing itself.

hope this helps!!!

Maff

Supernode
08-20-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by hammermaff@20 August 2003 - 10:49
I've had a similar sort of problem too, it sometimes happens after i run a reg. cleaner or system mechanic.

It comes up when i open the recycle bin, i just let it run (install word, excel, outlook or whatever prog.) After that there is no probs.

I think something must be deleted in the process of cleaning the reg./ files and word etc. is just repairing itself.

hope this helps!!!

Maff
This is it.
Regcleaner is the bandit. I've had the problem to.

VB
08-20-2003, 08:48 PM
I had this once too.

RegCleaner has an undo option I think. Use that to restore the settings.

VB
08-20-2003, 08:48 PM
I had this once too.

RegCleaner has an undo option I think. Use that to restore the settings.