PDA

View Full Version : My Vintage Air Jordan Xi's, Size 13, Value? Ebay

Schmiggy_JK23
08-20-2003, 04:58 AM
Okay, I have a vintage pair of Air Jordans, the XI's, in great shape, see the picture. They are Michael Jordans size, 13, and come with the original box, a definate collectors item.

Any ways, I am NOT trying to sell them on here, so please dont remove this. I would like to get opinions on a reserve price to sell them for on ebay. I dont know jack about vintage shoe selling, but i figured, maybe with 40k+ users here, someone would.

So please, dont flame, serious responses only.

http://galleries.vinyamar.com/ps/show.php?id=h1boh2Hrki49FvmRn3DscSfAZ&ext=.jpg

3rd gen noob
08-20-2003, 05:02 AM
i used to work in a shoe shop, we sold trainers almost identical to this for £69.99 (approx $100), but i'm assuming yours are worth a lot more...?

Schmiggy_JK23
08-20-2003, 05:06 AM
Probably, these came out in 1996, early winter... so they are in great condition for being so old.

like the new releases of these shoes, rereleases, the "retros", deadstock, ie brand new go for like $150-250, depending on size, and seller. And those were just released last year.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
08-20-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@20 August 2003 - 00:06
Probably, these came out in 1996, early winter... so they are in great condition for being so old.

like the new releases of these shoes, rereleases, the "retros", deadstock, ie brand new go for like $150-250, depending on size, and seller. And those were just released last year.
1996 is old?Man I have Shirts from the early 80's.....what are they worth? :huh:

namzuf9
08-20-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@20 August 2003 - 15:31
1996 is old?Man I have Shirts from the early 80's.....what are they worth? :huh:
After you've worn 'em............?

Erm...........

:D

soopaman
08-20-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@20 August 2003 - 06:06

What sort of condition are they in?? Boxfresh (i.e NOT worn) or have they touched tarmac?? Have they had the laces put into them?? What is their "Birthday"?? All Nikes have a "Date of Manufacture" on the label inside the shoe, if it turns out to be an obscure production run or a promotional pair (sometimes released up to 2 years ahead of time) then the value could be quite high. I would put a reserve on of $60 because lets face it, they ain't that old (first Air Jordans came out in 1985) so won't be that valuable and they are NOT a classic style of Jordan - sorry :(

Did you know the Mark One Air Jordan came in 23 different colourways and is the only model to have the Nike Swoosh logo on the side??

I collect sneakers and seem to always be buying a few new pairs. Just ordered two more pairs the other day. :lol:

Schmiggy_JK23
08-20-2003, 09:14 PM
I know they arent that old. However, they are arguable one of the most popular air jordan models ever.

They have been slightly worn, i have other shots of the shoes too, for the ebay listing. Still in great condition howerver.

harrycary
08-20-2003, 10:32 PM
I know they aren't that old. However, they are arguable one of the most popular air jordan models ever.

You've answered your own question. If they were the most popular, than there are many, many pairs out there. That, and the fact, that they are relatively new, should tell you they ain't worth much. Certainly not $60. (I come from an antique/collectors family background)

But, the nice thing about Ebay is, there are plenty bozos out there willing to buy anything.

Stop wasting your time here and just post them for sale.

chalkmongoose
08-21-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by harrycary@20 August 2003 - 22:32

I know they aren't that old. However, they are arguable one of the most popular air jordan models ever.

You've answered your own question. If they were the most popular, than there are many, many pairs out there. That, and the fact, that they are relatively new, should tell you they ain't worth much. Certainly not $60. (I come from an antique/collectors family background)

But, the nice thing about Ebay is, there are plenty bozos out there willing to buy anything.

Stop wasting your time here and just post them for sale.
Here here... Did you happen to read the story about the buffoon who bought somebody's soul on Ebay?

RGX
08-21-2003, 01:04 AM
or the pound coin that went for five quid or something

chalkmongoose
08-21-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by RGX@21 August 2003 - 01:04
or the pound coin that went for five quid or something
I'm from the land of greed and ignorance. What is a pound, and is it worth far less than a quid? I do know these are forms of (ancient?) British money, but beyond that I haven't the foggiest.

RGX
08-21-2003, 01:13 AM
1 pound = 1 unit of english currency

a quid = slang for a pound, like buck for dollar

I think its something like 1.34 dollars to the pound

pounds come in coins here by the way, they are small and golden and thick

lynx
08-21-2003, 01:16 AM
Quid is a slang word for a pound (like buck=dollar) but I don't know where the word comes from. So paying 5 quid (5 pounds) for a one pound coin is more than a little silly.

Edit: bar stewards, beaten again

chalkmongoose
08-21-2003, 01:18 AM
That seems silly. Why not just use a dollar as currency? WEEHAW!

RGX
08-21-2003, 01:22 AM
lol, yeah, but at the moment it looks like we're on the way to euroville, germany :|

Even though the pound is strong as it is

I think, I dont pay much attention to world stocks, i just know were doing ok lol

chalkmongoose
08-21-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by RGX@21 August 2003 - 01:22
lol, yeah, but at the moment it looks like we're on the way to euroville, germany :|

Even though the pound is strong as it is

I think, I dont pay much attention to world stocks, i just know were doing ok lol
All you other pitiful countries can go to heck. Us Americans rock the socks. Who else prints a 1,000,000,000,000 dollar bill and then gives it to a millionare from Springfield to take care of?

RGX
08-21-2003, 01:33 AM
indeed, soon the Earth will be renamed "lake america" :D

chalkmongoose
08-21-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by RGX@21 August 2003 - 01:33
indeed, soon the Earth will be renamed "lake america" :D
Go us, go us! If I bothered listening to the crap on the radio today, I'd know the words to that rapper's song where he sings "go midget, its your birthday" but I don't, so I won't.

RGX
08-21-2003, 01:40 AM
I beleive you ;)