PDA

View Full Version : Webpage Building Programs

mark_isherwood5
08-20-2003, 06:57 AM
What is the best HTML program here i'm building a webpage and wanted a good program what is the best one you know and if you have it what is its sig2sat code and what supernode is it on

Damnatory
08-20-2003, 07:09 AM
Dreamweaver is the quickest and easiest program to use. You drag and drop and press buttons and DreamWeaver writes the source code for you...

File: Dreamweaver 4 (full, with serial).exe
Length: 24761550 Bytes,24181KB
UUHash: =4aSmGDqY5a7By53MXrolJ2sFfg0=

EDIT: I'll only be on for alittle while, so I hope you have broadband...

balamm
08-20-2003, 08:04 AM
That's a really bad idea. PM the stats if you want but don't post that kind of info.

Keikan
08-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Damnatory@20 August 2003 - 00:09
Dreamweaver is the quickest and easiest program to use. You drag and drop and press buttons and DreamWeaver writes the source code for you...

File: Dreamweaver 4 (full, with serial).exe
Length: 24761550 Bytes,24181KB
UUHash: =4aSmGDqY5a7By53MXrolJ2sFfg0=

EDIT: I'll only be on for alittle while, so I hope you have broadband...
Isn't there more than 1 source? :huh:

sharedholder
08-20-2003, 11:05 AM
http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=61628

Ynhockey
08-20-2003, 03:54 PM
The best webpage building program is any text editor (and a knowledge of HTML, etc.). There are 3 good ones:

- Notepad - because it's simple, easy to open/manage, no fancy features, just the basic essentials - Open, Save, Find and Replace.

Cons:
- No advanced features
- Bug in word wrapping
- On win9x there are no shortcut keys

- UltraEdit32 - this one's awesome - it has many advanced features, few of which are useless. It has code highlighers for HTML, CSS (i think), PHP, C++, etc. It also has easy tabbing.

Cons:
- Creates backup files by default
- If you're used to Notepad, the highlighting will be really annoying rather than helpful
- Has trouble with non-latynic charsets (so does Notepad though, unless you save it as Unicode - on WinXP)

- Dreamweaver MX (hand-coding) - this one's almost as good as UltraEdit, but it's more internet-oriented, so there are 'coding tips', code validation (i think), etc. - helpful if you're not good with HTML.

Cons:
- Same highlighting annoyance if you're used to Notepad
- Takes a sh!tload of system resources, and takes more than a few seconds to start up, especially if you have many extensions installed

So, you decide. Of course, you COULD use a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor, but i personally hate those, and with them you'll never learn how to create a website...

Examples of WYSIWYGs are Dreamweaver and FrontPage.

Livy
08-20-2003, 03:59 PM
get yourself a copy of dreamweaver mx, that what i use it great, or even dreamweaver 4 would do.

MetroStars
08-20-2003, 04:03 PM
Yep Dreamweaver MX is wot u need, Dreamweaver 4 is shit for CSS...

U also need Fireworks ( or any gud graphic program ) it's not always about the coding ( well it is ) but graphics r just as important...

also go 2 the Macromedia hompage and get sum Dreamweaver extensions...

Izagaia
08-20-2003, 04:29 PM
I am suprised Microsoft Frontpage was not mentioned. I take it that it is not really all that great/simplistic to use?

I.am
08-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Izagaia@20 August 2003 - 11:29
I am suprised Microsoft Frontpage was not mentioned. I take it that it is not really all that great/simplistic to use?
Frontpage is a good program as well but the thing with frontpage is it inserts junk code automatically. Messes up the layers if you are using. I prefer coding in Dreamweaver MX & Frontpage(which is sort of replacement to a notepad for me)

mark_isherwood5
08-20-2003, 11:58 PM
Thanks got a couple downloading now and i see how these turn out