PDA

View Full Version : Burnt Win2k Pro. Not Working?

stupid
08-20-2003, 08:30 AM
I downloaded Windows 2000 Professional, and burnt it to a cd.
I tried to install it to a different computer(laptop), but it's not being recognized.
The blue screen keeps showing "Insert the CD labeled : Windows 2000 Professional CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive. Press ENTER when ready."
Was there something special I should have done before burning the program? :huh:

balamm
08-20-2003, 08:36 AM
How did you burn it and does it give any hint that it's recognised as an OS when you try? Does it say welcome to... ?

Keikan
08-20-2003, 08:47 AM
Don't bother downloading Win2k from Kazaa, you's be getting so many copy errors

shn
08-20-2003, 12:52 PM
You may have burnt it as a data disk and not the image of the iso itself.

Some cd burning programs wiont burn an image, well they will but they only burn it as raw data and not an image.

What did you burn it with?
If thats not it then what you downloaded from kazaa is corrupt or simply not it.

DrSpud
08-20-2003, 02:41 PM
Was it by any chance a .bin image you downloaded? If a bin is corrupted, then I think you can get read errors like the ones you got. Try scanning it with CDmage and see if it has any errors. If it does, KCF (http://www.geocities.com/drspud11/) can redownload the bad sections of the file.

If it was some other image without any kind of error checking, like and iso, then it could be something wrong with your burner or the laptop's CD drive.

stupid
08-21-2003, 06:21 PM
I used B's Recorder Gold to burn it.
And no it's not recognizing it as an OS and I know the dive is working fine.
In my share folder, it show it as being an Application file, I not sure if that means anything.
I have notice that each time I burn a program, it never Auto Plays like most CD-ROMs.
I always have to manualy run it and install.
I've heard of something called "ISOBuster" and dowloaded it, but I don't understand what it does or how to use it. :blink:

boyzeee
08-21-2003, 06:40 PM
winiso or isobuster will let you view and extract .bin, iso files and will also let you extract a complete cdrom, usefull if there are hidden files on a cd that windows cant usually see. with regard to your win2k prog open winiso or isobuster and then open new file and browse to shared folder (or wherever your file is located) and then open it, then either use the wizard in winiso or right click in isobuster and extract, when you right click in isobuster it gives a few options and usually it highlights in bold the recommended option for the file you opening. both programs ask where you want files extracted to, either make a new folder or put them wherever you want, then burn them to disk or do what ever you want with them. hope this helps :D