PDA

View Full Version : Read This Story

Adster
08-20-2003, 11:16 AM
Ok a man here in Australia got adsl broadband his kids came over got kazaa to download some nice stuff for him and left it going 24/7 for a whole month.

The problem is this

Bigpond the ISP charge you Uploads cap and downloads cap of 300 megs per month! (yeah Iknow it sux to live in Aust like myself) well he got his bill at the end of the month for

the month was actully $80 a month for 300 meg cap and 17 cents for any meg after that uploaded or downloaded

$2100,00 becaseu he had left it on the whole month for ppl to upload :o

here is a reason why some ppl may leech around the world

the poor guy was in tears went to court but lost becasue he accepted the terms and contitions

Micgem
08-20-2003, 12:42 PM
We who live in Australia all know that Big Pond sux....they are lousy with their megabites considering that they charge like wounded bulls, and they dont really explain it all to you when you sign up either, and the worst thing is is that they don't warn you that you have exceeded your Mb limit, they sit back...laugh and take your money.

chugga
08-20-2003, 12:54 PM
I had the same problem with another Australian Server "Optusnet". They were quiet happy to sell me 250 hours per month. For 3 months they roll over the unused hours, then delete what is unused. If you do happen to exceed the hours you have, they charge $3.97 per hour, for each hour you exceed.
Why should they care about it if we make a simple mistake with exceeding hours or Mb?... The People at these companies would probably sell their Mothers for a Dollar, and that's after they've had Sex with them. :blink:

Adster
08-20-2003, 01:11 PM
The problem is Telstra contorl our line in Australia and they wont upgrade ppl like myself to off a RIM to get adsl which f8Cking sux, however if I get shitty Bigpond they will

Adster
08-21-2003, 02:21 AM
I was also mearly trying to point out that not everyone aorund the world like US ppl can have unlimited cap however alot of ppl around the world do have a cap on uploads

just pinting out why some ppl may leech for that reason

balamm
08-21-2003, 02:26 AM
No, sorry, that doesn't make sense. If your bandwith cap has been exceeded it has been exceeded. If it hasn't been exceeded then your uploads and downloads will not be affected.
It's clearly a question of "on or off".

Not - "this is my excuse to leech" .

Adster
08-21-2003, 02:43 AM
No, sorry, that doesn't make sense. If your bandwith cap has been exceeded it has been exceeded. If it hasn't been exceeded then your uploads and downloads will not be affected.
It's clearly a question of "on or off".

I don't think you understand me if you cap goes over the 300 meg mark every meg after that is 20 cents per meg over that which adds up very quickly this person happened to have his puter on 24/7 by accdent with kazaa open the whole time while ppl were uploading off him. www.pigpnd.com.au it will tell the price plans look for yourself

btw I have 56k unlimeted and that is my only choice so f*Ck that

and Im not a leech if thats what your thinking most of the time mu uploaders give up anyway

balamm
08-21-2003, 02:53 AM
I understand very well as I also have a cap.
When it's exceeded, the peer to peer programs are turned off. Not just the uploads, everything.
So what you're saying doesn't make sense unless you're suggesting that someone would pay to keep on downloading only? Even that doesn't make sense because the bandwidth cost is too prohibitive.

Adster
08-21-2003, 02:58 AM
ok sorry didn't know that it cuts off P2P but in this case pigpond must not.

and yes I was pointing out that ppl would rather pay more for downloading rather then uploading. sorry I didn't point that out propaly

balamm
08-21-2003, 03:16 AM
No, it doesn't. The sensible user does. Why download what you can get in a more pure form on CD, in a box, for the same cost?

DasScoot
08-21-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by balamm@21 August 2003 - 02:53
When it's exceeded, the peer to peer programs are turned off. Not just the uploads, everything.
So what you're saying doesn't make sense unless you're suggesting that someone would pay to keep on downloading only? Even that doesn't make sense because the bandwidth cost is too prohibitive.
Don't limits usually come with a higher download than upload?

Adster
08-21-2003, 03:46 AM
No, it doesn't. The sensible user does. Why download what you can get in a more pure form on CD, in a box, for the same cost?

good point :lol: :lol:

oviously this guy was very dumb and didnt read the very small print that they put on their

anywya PIGPND f*cking sux ass anyway RIPP OFF the guy deserves it from using that crappy ISP

Don't limits usually come with a higher download than upload?

I dont know what the limet was exactly but it doesnt matter becaseu he would have whent way overboard anyway

balamm
08-21-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by DasScoot+21 August 2003 - 04:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DasScoot @ 21 August 2003 - 04:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-balamm@21 August 2003 - 02:53
When it&#39;s exceeded, the peer to peer programs are turned off. Not just the uploads, everything.
So what you&#39;re saying doesn&#39;t make sense unless you&#39;re suggesting that someone would pay to keep on downloading only? Even that doesn&#39;t make sense because the bandwidth cost is too prohibitive.
Don&#39;t limits usually come with a higher download than upload? [/b][/quote]
Please don&#39;t suggest that that logic makes leeching ok......

Adster
08-21-2003, 04:17 AM
no f*ck being a leech I even try to have my poor old 56k running for ppl overnight without downloading anything so they can get my damm rares.

The whole idea of P2P is to share of course

m8t
08-21-2003, 10:51 AM
:blink:
hi there &#33;
just to add a little more on Telstra. i also have this isp on cable.
my plan is 3000 mb/month-unlimited download speed but capped at 15kb upload.
i choose to be informed via email once 80% is used.
you can also have the meter on desk top which is updated on the hour.
generally towards end of month my dl are approx 1500-1800 mb and uploads are the balance. i&#39;ve been caught out a few times going over the limit(forgetting to exit K++) as a rule i check balance regularly because i&#39;m not rich and i hate paying those money grubbing mongrels any more than i have to.
regards
m8t :blink:

Adster
08-21-2003, 11:23 AM
Yeah Telstra really suck don&#39;t they

if I had ADSL and ulimited uploads I would rip my entire 300 DVD collection and leave my puter on 24 hrs a day for everyone to spread the love and spread the REAL files on kazaa

but im f*cked

chugga
08-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Hey Hogster, Instead of Pissing and Moaning like a little School Girl, Why don&#39;t you do Something about any ISP problems you might Have.
Yes, I agree, here in Australia we have some ISP&#39;s with really unfair plans. But then on the other hand, we have some really good ISP&#39;s too.
After I had a Problem with "Optusnet" I went across to Dodo Internet.
For only a few small dollars more than what the whole 56k dial thing cost me, I now have unlimited 256k download/64k Upload ADSL. No Caps on Downloads or Uploads.
So it is the ISP&#39;s like Dodo Internet that make "Optusnet" & "Telstra Big Pond" even bigger suckers than what they already are.

There are some really good ISP&#39;s available. All people have to do is look around instead of just picking the 2 Biggest names in Internet and Telecommunications.
If You&#39;re not happy with what you have CHANGE IT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Adster
08-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Hey Hogster, Instead of Pissing and Moaning like a little School Girl, Why don&#39;t you do

I was refering to the person with bigpond not myself I dont even use bigpond for f*ck sake learn to read my posts propaly :angry:

and for your information I can&#39;t get dsl becasue Im stuck on a RIM phone and Telstra the bastards won&#39;t upgrade me becasue they couldn&#39;t be bothered spending the money for 1 person in my area to upgrade they want alot more requests, however I bet if I asked to have their shitty service they would.