PDA

View Full Version : Newegg not as good anymore?

Shiranai_Baka
08-06-2008, 06:19 AM
Anybody else feel newegg isn't as great as it once was? I was looking for the Seagate 1TB drive and its $20 more on newegg than on zipzoomfly.
The canon EOS Xsi 12.2MP is like $80 more on newegg than zipzoom
The Q9550 on newegg is almost $100 more than zipzoom!

What do you guys think?

kooftspc11
08-06-2008, 06:44 AM
competition is inevitable

will have to check out zipzoom...thanks for the tip

apextwin146
08-06-2008, 07:21 AM
yeah man newegg its offering real good prices these days but then they more than make up for it by their replacement/warranty/customer support standards

Shiranai_Baka
08-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Well yeah competition is inevitable but usually newegg is only like $10 higher than zipzoom.. I'm thinking this neweggmall stuff is really going to kill newegg. They're probably using the extra money from their already established department (electronics/hardware) and putting it in to neweggmall.

kondrae
08-07-2008, 02:26 AM
i noticed also. They overprice lots of items. They still have good deals, if you look hard.

Appzalien
08-07-2008, 11:47 PM
When I first started building my own PC's I bought all my stuff from Tiger Direct and never had to return a thing. When I found newegg from an ad in a PC Mag I thought I was in heaven, all the prices were so much lower. The problem was that they insisted on packing all the sensitive electronic stuff in static charged styrafoam peanuts and although the stuff was in static resistant bags its not static proof, just resistant so alot of the stuff was no good on arrival.

When you have to pay to ship something back, that low price isn't so low anymore. Then they decided to start charging restocking fees for something you sent back that was no good, and I asked, "why would you restock and resell an item that doesn't work" and they swore up and down that they never resell returned merchandise, but I know thats a lie, what is a restocking fee for anyhow.

So I agree, Newegg is like Nero 5 was, one of the greatest apps on the net and one of the greatest stores. Unfortunately Newegg is now like Nero7, a piece of crap. Of the last 5 items I purchased from Newegg, 4 had to be returned at my expense and the other one went bad soon after the return policy elapsed.

Needless to say, no more Newegg for me, I went back to Tiger Direct and have never had to return an item yet. Yes I pay a little more but I save in the long run and don't get all angry and frustrated anymore. Imagine waiting 3-7 days just to return something that immediately went out of stock when you bought the last one that didn't work and was probably returned 3 or 4 times before you got it.

Newegg sucks big time these days, its nothing like it was before the Corporate Shills got a hold of it.

Sanka113
08-08-2008, 07:50 AM
The shipping prices are outrageous. $6 to ship a cable GFTO!

Shiranai_Baka
08-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Also which one of you guys live in NY? I know NY started to make businesses charge tax for online purchases.. but that's only if they advertise in NY I believe.

lynx
08-08-2008, 06:33 PM
The shipping prices are outrageous. $6 to ship a cable GFTO!I was going to say that you would probably pay the same shipping cost for 10 cables.

Fortunately I checked before I put my foot in it. You are right, their shipping charges are crazy.

I won't be buying anything from Newegg from now on. :snooty:

seedman
08-09-2008, 12:35 AM
I use Newegg to find things and it's wishlists. But I use Pricegrabber.com to find out if it has the best price once I know what I want.

clocker
08-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Since they don't ship internationally how were you buying from them before?

tesco
08-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Since they don't ship internationally how were you buying from them before?I found it humorous. :snooty:

clocker
08-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Canadians have such low standards.

lynx
08-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Since they don't ship internationally how were you buying from them before?Please indicate where I said I did. :P

Canadians have such low standards.Since Newegg don't ship internationally, I take it you've completed the annexation process then. Will integration into the USA raise the standards? :noes:

clocker
08-09-2008, 05:41 PM

Please indicate where I said I did. :P

"From now on" implies that you have (purchased) in the past...at least that's how it reads to me.
Then again, I'm American and have an imperfect grasp of the language (and no sense of irony at all).

As far as integrating Canada goes, at least the term "North America" will make more sense.

Shiranai_Baka
08-11-2008, 02:18 AM
Also you guys should try out mwave.com. They seem pretty legit and their prices are pretty competitive.
They even have good ratings on resellerratings.com

j2k4
08-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Please indicate where I said I did. :P

"From now on" implies that you have (purchased) in the past...at least that's how it reads to me.

Is inference allowed these days. :whistling

lolfst
08-12-2008, 01:28 AM
zipzoomfly is very god but newegg is still my first choice

S!X
08-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Canadians have such low standards.

Not necessarily, the ones who don't are like a diamond in the rough.

Chronus
08-15-2008, 07:00 PM
TigerDirect has gotten me too many DOA products and newegg has never, but i still use both together to get the best deals

Shiranai_Baka
08-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Tigerdirect doesn't really have a great record on resellerratings though.

Invalid
08-17-2008, 05:48 AM
Newegg is still really good for me, i just built a new PC using newegg.