PDA

View Full Version : Crack Down In Falaraki

gaz_k
08-20-2003, 11:24 AM
What does every one think about all the bar crawls in Falaraki bein made illegal?
utter bollox, the places are still gonna sell the same drinks, people are still gonna drink the same amount, and how are a few police gonna control a couple of thousand pissed up brit's?

any people facing massive fines and prisoin sentances of upto a year for mooning and flashin tits? surely it the clubs fault for gettin the kids up on stages, gettin tham bladdered and them gettin them to do such on stage antics.

ok if it illegal then it the reps fault for doin more crawls, then may be they should be told off, but what if you just taking people from one bar to another not a "bar crawl"

and the reps that were doin the on stage sex shows, it their free will, it was at a private party at an 18-30 resort so everyone ex[ects that stuff there and are all consenting adults anyway.

ok fair enought the lad who got bottled to death in the fight was harsh, but it not much different from over here and we dont have orgainsed bar crawls, people do it from their own free will so how can baning them rectify the situation.

and how much money will falaraki start loosing if heavy drinkin is outlawed? think about it, the brits have the biggest teenage drinking culture in the world. we spend millions a year on alcohol abroad and provide most the income for all tourisdt generated spending abroad. so how will their towns and cities start suffering when people start spending less their, or simply goin to other resorts.

gaz_k
08-20-2003, 11:55 AM
hmmm, doesn't seem to be very popular?

Path0gen
08-20-2003, 01:46 PM
The nice people of Falaraki want a more family orientated visits and do not want the bad press it has received recently. The tour reps are as much to blame as anyone else. An organised pub crawl costs £1, 50p goes to the pubs involved.

loz
08-20-2003, 01:51 PM
Violence is wrong, nudism is fine, no-one seems genuinely offended, if they want their tourism to suffer and they want to lose money thru people not going there then that's up to them.

Path0gen
08-20-2003, 01:58 PM
All year round tourism is affected not just the summer season.

Neil__
08-20-2003, 02:22 PM
the greeks seem determined to destroy their tourist industry.

Firstly there's the Kangaroo type trial of the plane spotters and now this.

I know one thing, while there jailing tourists for no good reason then I won't be going there for any reason.

Neil

Ron
08-20-2003, 05:03 PM
I don't know about other countries, but in Belgium British drunks aren't particulary welcome.
In fact, they are waaaaaay down there on the list of our prefered customers, about the same heigth as the Dutch.
What good does it do, if a bunch of Brits spend £1000 in your pub, if it's gonna cost you twice that to fix it up when they leave?
No offence to the present company, but a flock of drunk British tourists isn't exactly what I'd like to come in here.
Unless of course they're female nymphomaniac exhibitionists. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

gaz_k
08-21-2003, 08:15 AM
but the brittish drunks are having more fun than all you conservative europeans who go camping and eating chocolate cereal for breakie!
we out gettin smashed, gettin into mischeif, and gettin laid! what is wrong with that?!
just cos most other countries in europe are boring, reclusive and t totalers doesn't mean we should be penalised. dont you find us funny to watch after 14 pints of stella gettin into all sorts of adventures?

it the same with our football fans, you lot always seem to give them bad press and most the time you lot probly cause the trouble trying to get a reaction out of us

lynx
08-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Wrong, gaz_k, the majority of Brits don't want that sort of behaviour either.

The big problem is they put them in jail, then give them a slap on the wrist and let them out. What message does that send to the next lot ?

Put them in jail, and leave them there for a while, the message will very soon hit home with most of them. It's a bit like being put on moderation, most people learn, a few don't, so they get banned (is that like a life sentence or the death penalty ?). Mind you, it doesn't help if you've got policemen who think they are Adolf Hitler.

4play
08-21-2003, 12:10 PM
last time i went to magaluf it was more german and dutch kids getting pissed and fighting and openly shagging in public.

I mean that is what i went on holiday there for so i had a good time.

gaz_k
08-21-2003, 12:13 PM
if the majority of brits dont want it either, then why do the majority of brits do it then.

personally i do not see the problem with goin out, havein a few tooomany, gettin a bit a flesh out and having a laugh... what is wrong with that?

sll these people sayin we abusing their country, what about all the imigrants that come to ours, get all the benifits, any thing they want, free stuff and treated like gods by the government

gaz_k
08-21-2003, 12:16 PM
the difference with the dutch kids is, they are bladderd after 8 pints and so they may be the ones causin trouble cos they get smashed quicke and can not handle everything that is consumed on niteso ut n cos they can talk english the police and press over there presume theye are english so infact it is them gettin us in trouble

Bulla
08-21-2003, 12:18 PM
I hope that doesn't start happening in Ibiza, I'v been to Ibiza twice now and if they start doing that kind of shit it will completely ruin the good times Brits have there.

Bulla
08-21-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by gaz_k@21 August 2003 - 12:13
sll these people sayin we abusing their country, what about all the imigrants that come to ours, get all the benifits, any thing they want, free stuff and treated like gods by the government
Exactly!

gaz_k
08-21-2003, 12:34 PM
my parents have got a place in ibiza.
i doubt it will be happening over there, ibiza is totally different from faleraki.
the polcie there have grown to tolerate and they police in a far better manner, only steppin when needs be and not takin advantage of their power or posistion.
in fact i would say the poepl over there respect the brits as we no how to have a good time and enjoy ourselfs which inturn creates a better atmosphere and makes the poeple of ibza happy too

lynx
08-21-2003, 01:17 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having a good time, but all too often some people don't know when to stop and trouble breaks out.
And if you are sober enough to notice, you will usually find it is not directly caused by excess alcohol (anyone can handle a drunk), it is usually caused by someone who has had just a certain amount and is incapable of dealing with it. The result is that they get violent and spoil things for everyone.

gaz_k
08-21-2003, 01:26 PM
if they do get violent, so what?
they dont have to ruin it for everyone, if you that bothered about fightin you can just walk away, then it not ruined anything.
and why do poeple pay to see boxing n wrestling.... and watch it on the tv, it seems ok then, but why not wen it on the street, and it more entertaining and get a better adrenaline rush cos this is actually real

Billy_Dean
08-21-2003, 01:31 PM
You sound like a complete prick Gaz_K, and you can keep this kind of shit to yourself!

ha ha, thats what your mum said wen jonno went to shag her

And you're proud to be a northerner?? I wonder how proud northerners are of dickheads like you?

:angry:

gaz_k
08-21-2003, 01:33 PM
oh warrington
oh warrington
oh warrington is wonderfull
full of arses tits and fightin
oh warrington is wonderfull

lynx
08-21-2003, 01:36 PM
Oh yes, all this wonderful violence.

And someone died because of it, you prick, which is why Falaraki has been 'tightened down".

gaz_k
08-21-2003, 01:38 PM
did you know him?
no
doesn't matter then.

lynx
08-21-2003, 01:45 PM
I don't know you either, so maybe there's hope yet.

Bulla
08-21-2003, 04:37 PM
No way do the locals in Ibiza respect the Brits, you can tell by the looks they give you that they think ure a piece of shit.

Ron
08-21-2003, 04:47 PM
I wonder why....... :-"

Lamsey
08-21-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Bulla@21 August 2003 - 17:37
No way do the locals in Ibiza respect the Brits, you can tell by the looks they give you that they think ure a piece of shit.
That's a bit of a generalistaion. It's the English who have a bad reputation abroad, not Britain as a whole.

Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish people have good reputations and they almost always live up to that reputation.
Around 70,000 Scottish Celtic supporters went to Seville, Spain to go to the UEFA cup final, and there was not even one arrest related to the night's events.

The 'Tartan Army' is generally well recieved wherever they go, as are Welshmen and Irishmen.

The same applies to holidays.
Someone once asked WeeMouse if she was English. She replied, "Hell no, I'm Scottish".

The guy's response was "Oh, that's ok then".

'nuff said.

Ron
08-21-2003, 05:14 PM
True.

Besides, Bon Scott was Scottish, that makes them allright in my eyes. :)

chalkmongoose
08-21-2003, 06:02 PM
All you Brits do is sit and drink tea and crumpets all day long. You do produce hot chicks though, so I can't fault you thar.
The U.S. has the best damned drunks of this wide world. We have iron stomachs. I've seen my friend drink a full two bottles of Whiskey, and that was just to chase down the six pack he'd consumed earlier. He woke up fine two or three days later.

lynx
08-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey+21 August 2003 - 18:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 21 August 2003 - 18:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bulla@21 August 2003 - 17:37
That&#39;s a bit of a generalistaion. It&#39;s the English who have a bad reputation abroad, not Britain as a whole.

Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish people have good reputations and they almost always live up to that reputation.
Around 70,000 Scottish Celtic supporters went to Seville, Spain to go to the UEFA cup final, and there was not even one arrest related to the night&#39;s events.

The &#39;Tartan Army&#39; is generally well recieved wherever they go, as are Welshmen and Irishmen.

The same applies to holidays.
Someone once asked WeeMouse if she was English. She replied, "Hell no, I&#39;m Scottish".

The guy&#39;s response was "Oh, that&#39;s ok then".

&#39;nuff said. [/b][/quote]
That will be why no-one I know goes to Blackpool during &#39;Glasgow week&#39; then. Ever noticed there&#39;s a slight lack of police in Glasgow that week ? It is because a large number have been drafted to Blackpool.

Billy_Dean
08-22-2003, 03:55 PM
Ever wondered why they don&#39;t have an annual football match between England and Scotland any more, like they used to?? It&#39;s because one lot of fans constantly smashed Wembley up, one year they caused hundreds of thousands of pounds damage, ripped up the whole pitch&#33; Whose fans?? Not the English&#33;&#33;

Lamsey? Lame more like it&#33; Nuff said&#33;&#33; :swear:

B)