PDA

View Full Version : Terminator Question

Ron
08-20-2003, 05:49 PM
I watched it last night, and I'm wondering: WTF did I watch?
Is there a point to that movie?
I mean, besides the fact that it's badly made,compared to the first two, there's no real added value to the story here.
Nothing really happened in the end.
Schwarzie told John Connor he was going to kill him in the future. He told him he only took orders from his future wife. He said:"We'll meet again", and that's it?
The move left me with more questions than I had to begin with.
Am I the only one thinking this movie shouldn't have been made?
Or did I miss sth, and could someone enlighten me on that?

Bender
08-20-2003, 06:07 PM
Nothing to be missed, it was just rubbish. :D

ezyryder
08-20-2003, 06:22 PM
I think the movie was made with the intent to make more and to build a "clever" story-line. However, Terminator isn't about that really, it's meant to be a funny and crazy action film, nothing serious. Or so I believe anyway.

olibomb
08-20-2003, 06:56 PM
I dont know y u didnt like it, i thought it was a great action movie

MetroStars
08-20-2003, 06:58 PM
I watched it last night, and I'm wondering: WTF did I watch?
Is there a point to that movie?
I mean, besides the fact that it's badly made,compared to the first two, there's no real added value to the story here.
Nothing really happened in the end.
Schwarzie told John Connor he was going to kill him in the future. He told him he only took orders from his future wife. He said:"We'll meet again", and that's it?
The move left me with more questions than I had to begin with.
Am I the only one thinking this movie shouldn't have been made?
Or did I miss sth, and could someone enlighten me on that?

Nothing to be missed, it was just rubbish

2 right it was shit, worst movie of 2003 by FAR

hugoharding
08-20-2003, 07:06 PM
They made that one to remind people of it so that they can make the 4th one which will basically be Judgement Day and people won't have completely forgotten the original plot.

Thats what i think anyway.

Hugo.

Cygnuz-Y
08-20-2003, 07:26 PM
Wow that T3 SUCKs!!!!!!

After watching MATRIX RELOADED i have to say T3 is the worst 2003 movie, i have to agree with that!

CharlieManson
08-20-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@20 August 2003 - 18:58
2 right it was shit, worst movie of 2003 by FAR
Are you sure about that?I thought it was Biker Boyz...closely followed by Gigli :P

MetroStars
08-20-2003, 08:07 PM
Are you sure about that?I thought it was Biker Boyz...closely followed by Gigli

Those movies r just pure shit.. Terminator 3 is shit movie of the year...

and how have u got a computer with the internet in San Quentin prision, Charlie u must b bribing the gaurds or sumthing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cygnuz-Y
08-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@20 August 2003 - 20:07

Are you sure about that?I thought it was Biker Boyz...closely followed by Gigli

Those movies r just pure shit.. Terminator 3 is shit movie of the year...

and how have u got a computer with the internet in San Quentin prision, Charlie u must b bribing the gaurds or sumthing :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahhahhahaha

Busyman
08-20-2003, 10:39 PM
You know what.
T3 was bad compared to the original
Matrix Reloaded was bad compared to the original but.....

THEY WEREN'T SHIT THOUGH
Come on if these came out and WERE the originals we wouldn't hear "worst of 2003"

Disappointment yes, total crap no

MetroStars
08-20-2003, 10:43 PM
You know what.
T3 was bad compared to the original
Matrix Reloaded was bad compared to the original but.....

THEY WEREN'T SHIT THOUGH
Come on if these came out and WERE the originals we wouldn't hear "worst of 2003"

Disappointment yes, total crap no

Dude that's your Opinion and i respect that..

But my Opinion T3 was total dog shit, i hate it

Busyman
08-20-2003, 10:44 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AznRocky
08-21-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by olibomb@20 August 2003 - 18:56
I dont know y u didnt like it, i thought it was a great action movie
i thought the movie was great the Action was good but the story couldv'e been alot better! and i thought that t2 was over but then i remembered the arm he ripped off i though that was like some part of t3 and they like reused his arm to create another SWARM of robots but thats just my story!

Powdered Water
08-21-2003, 01:05 AM
Considering some of the trilogies out there I think the terminator's are pretty good.

Agent Smart
08-21-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by MetroStars@20 August 2003 - 22:43
Dude that's your Opinion and i respect that..

But my Opinion T3 was total dog shit, i hate it
You must have high fucking standards for movies.

MetroStars
08-21-2003, 12:45 PM

Not really,

T3 just did not seem 2 ME as gud as the T1 & T2 is that such a crime....

Adster
08-21-2003, 12:49 PM
I was unde the impression that Arnie CPU when it was f*cked up was goin gto kill John thats what he ment by killing him in the futre but John stoipped it :blink:

and Of course he cant kill him later on becasue that model terminator is terminated

Ron
08-21-2003, 06:47 PM
Arnie told John he was going to kill him in 2032 if I recall correctly.

Anyway, the way I see it, this movie is totally superfluous.
Nothing really happened in it.
On the other hand, you gotta hand it to them, they have a first by making Arnie say things that will only happen in the sequel. :D

Imagine Freddy saying to his victims he's going to kill them in Nightmare on Elm Street part XVI!!

They will have to hurry making that sequel too.
Arne is not getting any younger, and what will happen if he makes it to governor?
Don't think he'd still be making movies then......

MeMeMeSoHony
08-21-2003, 07:44 PM
In MY opinion T3 was a good movie. Why? James Cameron couldnt of had gone from T2's story straight to the fighting in the future if he had directed T3.

Im still wondering why the person who made this thread said "spoilers inside". :huh:

What happened in T2? There was NO "judgement day" in that film. We saw what could have happened through Sarah Connors nightmares. But it didnt happen!!! James Cameron sorta screwed up by giving that title/name to that movie. Altho when it comes to special effects and storyline it was the best one , in MY opinion.

But like Arnie told John while he's driving the toyota truck that doesnt loose it's bumper even though it crashed into around a million cars. Arnie said " you only postponed it" (someone please correct that spelling for me :D )

And yes Arnie also tells John & and his future wife that he , the T-850 , the new model, the same Terminator that gets sent back in time in this movie. That he kills John in July 4th 2032 , He was able to infiltrate his security apparatous ( i suck at spelling , sorry) because he looked like the Terminator he met when he was only 12/13 years old.

Also I dont remember where i read this , but........ It was said several times that this movie (T3) had around 175 special effects , i think. The most horrible part , to me , was that they actually used animations for the cyborgs/terminators walking and shooting at things. And also the flying whatyoumcallits , ya know those drones flying all over the place. The looked better back in 1984 than in this movie (T3).

I do like it for the simple reason thats it a Terminator movie. Terminator 4 , what ever they call the next installment , Its gonna be better , Im praying that it IS better than T3 though. ALOT better.

B)

MeMeMeSoHony
08-21-2003, 07:44 PM
In MY opinion T3 was a good movie. Why? James Cameron couldnt of had gone from T2's story straight to the fighting in the future if he had directed T3.

Im still wondering why the person who made this thread said "spoilers inside". :huh:

What happened in T2? There was NO "judgement day" in that film. We saw what could have happened through Sarah Connors nightmares. But it didnt happen!!! James Cameron sorta screwed up by giving that title/name to that movie. Altho when it comes to special effects and storyline it was the best one , in MY opinion.

But like Arnie told John while he's driving the toyota truck that doesnt loose it's bumper even though it crashed into around a million cars. Arnie said " you only postponed it" (someone please correct that spelling for me :D )

And yes Arnie also tells John & and his future wife that he , the T-850 , the new model, the same Terminator that gets sent back in time in this movie. That he kills John in July 4th 2032 , He was able to infiltrate his security apparatous ( i suck at spelling , sorry) because he looked like the Terminator he met when he was only 12/13 years old.

Also I dont remember where i read this , but........ It was said several times that this movie (T3) had around 175 special effects , i think. The most horrible part , to me , was that they actually used animations for the cyborgs/terminators walking and shooting at things. And also the flying whatyoumcallits , ya know those drones flying all over the place. The looked better back in 1984 than in this movie (T3).

I do like it for the simple reason thats it a Terminator movie. Terminator 4 , what ever they call the next installment , Its gonna be better , Im praying that it IS better than T3 though. ALOT better.

B)

Turd Ferguson
08-22-2003, 01:59 PM
I actually thought T3 was half decent, and you have to admit that chase was pretty damn cool too.

Ron
08-22-2003, 06:04 PM
I agree the chase wasn't half bad, but a movie should have more than just pretty pictures/special effects, I would think.
There was no need for this one IMO.
If.... they ever make T4, T3 will be superfluous.

I just can't figure out why they woul make Arnie say things like :"I'm here to protect you, but I will kill you one day" without giving a reason.
And why didn't they give a reason why Arnie only took orders from Kate Brewster, when she was only second in command?

Agent Smart
08-23-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by MetroStars@21 August 2003 - 12:45

Not really,

T3 just did not seem 2 ME as gud as the T1 & T2 is that such a crime....
No crime at all. I think many would agree it isn't as good as the other 2, but I disagree with you when you say "that movie is shit" (which you said in previous threads).