PDA

View Full Version : K-sig/k-dat Language Support

Hasnain
08-20-2003, 06:18 PM
To translate K-Sig/K-Dat to your language, do the following:

1. Goto www.heaventools.com
2. Download PE Explorer
3. Use PE Explorer to edit the resources in the K-Sig/K-Dat executable.
4. Save this new executable as your language version.
5. Optionally, send it to me so I can upload it on my website.

asmithz
08-20-2003, 06:28 PM
Hey you should of told me this would be alot easyer.

Hasnain
08-20-2003, 06:37 PM
I myself was using Resource Hacker, but it would not handle Delphi forms correctly. However, PE Explorer does. I just found that out ;)

asmithz
08-20-2003, 06:40 PM
Cool are you going to buy it or use the crack.

frosty
08-20-2003, 07:00 PM
could you not do it a different way:
put all of the strings in a text/ini file, and read the values for the text from them? It would be easier to translate, update, and there would only be one version of the .exe.

Frosty

doodle
08-20-2003, 07:27 PM
The best way (for me, at least) was to release the Delphi source for self-editing.

And by the way, ResHack has better RTL Support (in PE Explorer everything screws up), and generally supported the editing of previous versions of the above programs. What's changed in latter versions?

asmithz
08-20-2003, 07:33 PM
The best way (for me, at least) was to release the Delphi source for self-editing.

Thats how i translated the old K-sig. Its a good way to edit programs.

And by the way, ResHack has better RTL Support (in PE Explorer everything screws up), and generally supported the editing of previous versions of the above programs. What's changed in latter versions?

ResHack doesnt support Delphi. I very very limited to what it can read.

Hasnain
08-20-2003, 07:53 PM
Resource Hacker doesn't support Delphi completely. It crashes in between trying to read forms. Try the latest PE Explorer. It allows editing everything.
If you edit using the sources, you are not able to edit the internal error messages, which are generated by the Delphi library. For this you must use a different language version of the library while compiling, or edit the .exe itself. You will know what I mean if you see the string resources in Resource Hacker. Too many there.

doodle
08-20-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Hasnain@20 August 2003 - 22:53
Resource Hacker doesn't support Delphi completely. It crashes in between trying to read forms. Try the latest PE Explorer. It allows editing everything.
If you edit using the sources, you are not able to edit the internal error messages, which are generated by the Delphi library. For this you must use a different language version of the library while compiling, or edit the .exe itself. You will know what I mean if you see the string resources in Resource Hacker. Too many there.
I agree PE Explorer is better for editing Delphi programs. However, it is very strict on the editing and almost doesn't allow ADDING new properties to a form.

I was able to add a 'BiDiMode = bdRightToLeft' property only using Resource Hacker, because it allows you to add stuff. (I don't think you can do that on PE Explorer. If you can, then someone please let me know :D)

Also, it also seemed to work perfectly when translating both KLUpdate and previous versions of K-Sig. And about those errors - you rarely bump into them anyway... :)

asmithz
08-20-2003, 08:31 PM
I havent used PEX yet so i dont know if you can add to it, but here's what to come.

K-sig: Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Korean, Russian, Franch, and Portuguses

K-Dat: Someone else can do i hate doing k-dat

ouiouioui
08-21-2003, 02:24 PM
it's ok for me i have already translate in french k-sig and work on translate k-dat

asmithz
08-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Post the french version at Hasnain's web site hsaleem.tk (http://wave.prohosting.com/hsaleem/cgi-bin/index.cgi).

secfan
08-22-2003, 02:28 PM
Yes, maybe you can do this like the Translation Package, by putting all strings into a .txt/.ini file, except calling it K-Sig/Dat Translation Package. Maybe you can combine this with K-Lite Translation Package as well!!! (And perhaps do this with all the other Kazaa/K-Lite programs/addons, such as K-Lite Codec Pack, Real/QT Alternatives, AVIPreview(+), KTool, pTrack, KaZupernodes, and other new programs recently developed!!!) :D

Hasnain
09-04-2003, 01:12 PM
There are too many messages in K-Dat/K-Sig. So making a separate text/ini file is impossible (with the limited time that I have). So the best way is to directly edit the .exe

Btw: www.hsaleem.tk
Please use this as my new URL. This should always remain the active URL.