PDA

View Full Version : Drivers For Sharing

GVG
08-20-2003, 08:27 PM
Hi,
I try to share from CR-ROM, because I haven`t enough space on my HDDs. And files are not taken from this place, only from HDDs. So, in next release can be in tree view only HDDs to select for sharing. :rolleyes:

Trancemaster
08-20-2003, 10:56 PM
Sharing from CD is a really bad idea, not only will people not be able to get a constant data rate, but you'll screw your drive if you have it running all the time.

GVG
08-21-2003, 07:49 AM
I know, this is posted here for Paul or RN, to make change in Kazaa in next release. If this can be possible, of course. :rolleyes

SlimShady
08-21-2003, 07:59 AM
How would it screw up your drive? :huh:
Can you please explain...

Trancemaster
08-21-2003, 11:33 AM
Because CD-ROM drives aren't designed to be spinning 24/7, if you keep it going long enough the motor will burn out.

angel_of_death57
08-22-2003, 03:43 PM
He is right do not use your CD-ROm drive i used to do that it could cause Fire or disc to be messed up think about it there is only one laser so only 1 file can be shared at a time.

VB
08-22-2003, 05:32 PM
Harddisks are quite cheap these days. So just buy a second (or third or whatever) one.

GVG
08-22-2003, 05:37 PM
This is ALL I KNOW!!!
I test it, and yes, HDDs are better. I only posted here to try to remove from list in Kazaa (Paul or RN).. :rolleyes:

3RA1N1AC
08-22-2003, 05:44 PM
i think the original post is asking the K-Lite team to remove the ability to share CD-Roms, in the next K-Lite release. since sharing CD-Roms = bad.

and... uh... i dunno if that's the K-Lite team's "territory," really. that would prolly be an issue to ask Sharman Networks to address. but then you'd prolly be asking for Kazaa to have the ability to distinguish between CD-Roms and HDDs. it seems like most programs coming out nowadays cannot distinguish that, because the Windows drivers identify all of the drives as "SCSI devices" (or something like that) on a lot of new motherboards.

personally... i don't think CD-Rom sharing NEEDS to be removed from K-Lite? most people aren't "creative" enough to even attempt to share CD-Roms.