PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP activation??

net.Gh0st
08-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm in a rough spot and I was wondering if you guys could possibly toss me some advice.

I'm in desperate need of a working copy of XP professional or home. I've searched the site and found some links for newsgroup nzb's that were outdated and no longer available.

I called acer and asked them to send me an XP disc since they didn't include one when I bought my laptop off of newegg and I was told they dont have any more. I then spoke to microsoft service and was told that since it was OEM software I'd have to purchase a new copy.

So i've got a copy of XP professional that I can't acquire any more activations for because i've used it on 2 seperate computers multiple times ... and then i've got the liscense for the acer copy on the bottom of this laptop which is useless because I dont have the disc.

I tried using the A. disc with the B. liscense and that didn't work either:wacko: [figured it was worth a shot:)]

I'm reaching out for any help/advice/links anyone could contribute.

I dont have the money to drop on another copy of windows.
If anyone could help that would be really cool ...

thank you
~ gh0st

peat moss
08-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Search google for JellyBean Key changer and a Student key , problem solved .

WGA crack will work too and easy to find .

clocker
08-11-2008, 08:53 PM
So i've got a copy of XP professional that I can't acquire any more activations for because i've used it on 2 seperate computers multiple times ...
You've tried phone activation with this one?
I've never been turned down on the phone...just say it's the only PC it's installed on.

Mr JP Fugley
08-11-2008, 09:05 PM
If you can get Student Edition (students learning about installing XP, not Greek Mythology) it's not a problem. MS expect it to be loaded onto loads of machines.

peat moss
08-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Typical Microsoft Eh , dudes got a legit copy and can't use it . Priceless .

Mr JP Fugley
08-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Indeed.

I use student edition on machines which I bought with a copy. As far as I'm concerned I've already paid for it so why should I buy it again, just because I chose to format my hard drive.

net.Gh0st
08-12-2008, 02:13 AM
hi everyone ... many thanks for the help on this one ...

The jellybean key changer , is there a safe and reputable site to grab this off of - currently I miss placed my antivirus software so I dont have much in the ways of protecting myself and usually all the stuff i've dl'd off a site [for warez] i've found in google has been viral.

thanks
~ gh0st

bikini-dudes
08-12-2008, 03:52 AM
Why fool around with that kind of activation and keys. Instead look for Windows XP volume license and you'll get a key that doesn't need activation and the windows update will also work.

Volume license works because it's a special key given to vendors to mass install windows xp on their hundreds of computers fast.

Chewie
08-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Why fool around with that kind of activation and keys. Instead look for Windows XP volume license and you'll get a key that doesn't need activation and the windows update will also work.

Volume license works because it's a special key given to vendors to mass install windows xp on their hundreds of computers fast.Apart from those 'blown' ones that M$ has blocked through WGA.

Mr JP Fugley
08-12-2008, 07:14 PM
hi everyone ... many thanks for the help on this one ...

The jellybean key changer , is there a safe and reputable site to grab this off of - currently I miss placed my antivirus software so I dont have much in the ways of protecting myself and usually all the stuff i've dl'd off a site [for warez] i've found in google has been viral.

thanks
~ gh0st

I would seriously think about this.

Are you contemplating downloading and installing software without virus protection. I wouldn't even be on the internet.

http://free.avg.com/

net.Gh0st
08-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Well ... In my experience the only times i've been infected were from sketchy warez sites or limewire and I cut out using both of those 2+ years ago atleast ... non the less , antivirus is a good thing to have installed.

Do you have any experience with this AVG software Fugley ??

thanks again everyone - this place rocks!

Volume license works because it's a special key given to vendors to mass install windows xp on their hundreds of computers fast.

Any ideas where to grab one of these without worry??

Mr JP Fugley
08-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm told by people I trust that AVG is still really good.

I used it back in the day and liked it. Now I use the free Virgin stuff.

If you use usenet you can search for XP using

http://www.binsearch.info/

or

http://www.binindex.net/

kooftspc11
08-12-2008, 09:37 PM
if you are ok with a reformat....find a copy of xp pro sp2 student edition. i think on most trackers you will be able to find xp pro sp3 student

Mr JP Fugley
08-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Agreed, as stated previously I think student is the way to go if you can. I use XP SE SP3

pentomato
08-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Get symantec antivirus and super antispyware and you will fine, gosh if I didn't have these babies I woulnd't have a computer.

net.Gh0st
08-13-2008, 03:14 AM
thanks everybody , I really appreciate the kind helping hands lent out here.

Too many forums are jampacked with young smart ass punks who take every ask for assistance as an easy oppurtunity to flame.

goodluck all
~ gh0st

Mr JP Fugley
08-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Good luck to you too.

outfromdeep
08-13-2008, 10:30 AM
I have Genuine XP SP2 OS. No need of any cracks,patches. Just use the key and Activate it. If u still looking for it then PM me:)

clocker
08-13-2008, 11:45 AM
i've got a copy of XP professional that I can't acquire any more activations for because i've used it on 2 seperate computers multiple times ...

Just asking....again.

chicoluv
08-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Well I once used jelly bean on my system ,plus on other family & friends .and never had any problem .
yes please scan anything u get from anywhere . It will save a lot of headache .

net.Gh0st
09-22-2008, 07:07 PM
I've never been turned down on the phone...just say it's the only PC it's installed on.

UPDATE : This method worked ... I called up and when asked how many computers I had it installed on I answered "One" ... I was then asked if I had any significant hardware changes and I said "yes" ... I was then asked to clarify how many computers it was installed on and I said "one" ...

All is well and working :)

Also when attempting to install the Windows XP Student Edition SP3 by etho I kept getting an error after the blue screen reboot ... It would reboot and would give me the XP load screen during the installation process where it commonly says "estimated time 39 minutes" and you have to set you time settings , ect ...

I tried it multiple times and It didn't work I just installed my old copy of professional and did the phone activation and it worked even when the internet activation kept telling me I had to get a new liscense.

peat moss
09-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Glad it worked Net.ghost , maybe your Student copy was foobared ? Try burning at a slower speed next time . The Etho copies are usually pretty good .

maverick_andy
09-23-2008, 04:59 PM
If u want XP PRO then dr0p a msg. I wil provide u links for those :)

mjau
09-24-2008, 04:41 AM
just use a XP corp serial..