PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know...

SteveH
08-13-2008, 11:27 AM
I am new here. Appologies if my question appears a little basic.
I recently transfered all of my vinyl records to digital .wave format. I sold the vinyl having no use for them any more.

My question - I now no longer need the digital collection and wondered if there was anything illegal selling the external hard disc on which its housed, complete with all wave files to anyone who wanted it?

Skiz
08-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Yes, that is illegal, though you won't find police knocking on your door either.

SteveH
08-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Well, I guess I knew that if truth be known. It just cuts my advertising options right down. I mean like eBay is right outta the question now.

Cheers

Yes, that is illegal, though you won't find police knocking on your door either.

Skiz
08-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Try Craigslist.

apextwin146
08-13-2008, 11:57 AM
i think it would be better if u just traded the stuff ... i doubt u will get buyers for yer music thought the same cantbe said fer yer ext HD ..

SteveH
08-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Hmmmm well I am in the uk so Craigslist is probablly out of the question.

Yeah the HDD is probably worth a few £s but hardly worth the effort.
One guy already offered me £180 for the files. He had originally been interested in the records, but they were snapped up quickly off ebay by a collector.

So that was the source of my original question - and then wondering if I should run off more copies. I know the music companies would prolly go under because of such an enterprise... but....!!!