PDA

View Full Version : Assembling Ikea furniture

Skweeky
08-16-2008, 01:51 PM
I just assembled a foot stool :D

The husband and his brother are working on a cupboard/changing unit. I foresee entertainment for the rest of the afternoon!

thewizeard
08-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Well Sonja, as long as you don't resemble an Ikea foot stool all is still kewl :)

/me dashes for the exit...

Hows the " bump " getting on, eager to check the Lounge out? :wave:

peat moss
08-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Oh yikes ! I feel sorry for them , poor basturds . I can picture you skweeky sitting on said foot stool going hurry up boys insert a to b . .... hey wheres the directions ?

Skweeky
08-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Haha, the bump is fine.

And I do hope it'll be a long long time before he or she is old enough to come and check this place out, let alone understand it :lol:

j2k4
08-16-2008, 05:58 PM
There's lots of putting-together to be done when kids.

That's all; when kids.

Once you've got 'em, you'll know what I mean. :whistling

brotherdoobie
08-16-2008, 06:33 PM
I hate putting together furniture (my wife stands over my shoulder constantly nagging me).

If she would just let me be...

-bd :frusty:

thewizeard
08-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Haha, the bump is fine.

And I do hope it'll be a long long time before he or she is old enough to come and check this place out, let alone understand it :lol:

Glad to hear it :)

Understand The Lounge? That's a conflict in terms. :P.

j2k4
08-16-2008, 08:24 PM
I hate putting together furniture (my wife stands over my shoulder constantly nagging me).

You simply must be doing something wrong; I'm quite sure she wouldn't be unreasonable...:dabs:

100%
08-16-2008, 08:47 PM
furniture is absurd

Skiz
08-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Oh yikes ! I feel sorry for them , poor basturds . I can picture you skweeky sitting on said foot stool going hurry up boys insert a to b . .... hey wheres the directions ?

That's how she got into this situation to begin with.

100%
08-16-2008, 08:54 PM
furniture assemblage is even more absurd.

Squeamous
08-17-2008, 08:34 PM

If she didn't it would turn out like this:

http://simpsons.aroyaldream.com/homer.jpg

In your heart you know this :yup:

Skweeky
08-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Yup true.

Yesterday it took the husband and his brother about 4 hours of arsing about to half assemble a wardrobe.

This morning I sat down next to them with the manual and told the husband what to do.

Both wardrobe and cotbed were assembled in half an hour.

Ikea manuals are made for women. Fact.

Squeamous
08-17-2008, 11:23 PM
That's because women will sit and read them. They will take out all the parts and identify them, laying them all out, and then then will read from start to finish before beginning. Men just grab the first part out of the box and start bashing it with the second bit out.

Men are silly. They should be grateful we let them share our planet :snooty:

lynx
08-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Nah, you've got that wrong, men always read the instructions.

It's just that they expect the important bits to be at the back, like newspapers.

Skweeky
08-18-2008, 07:07 AM
That's because women will sit and read them. They will take out all the parts and identify them, laying them all out, and then then will read from start to finish before beginning. Men just grab the first part out of the box and start bashing it with the second bit out.

Too true. The world would be filled with half assembled desks if we weren't around :snooty:

brotherdoobie
08-18-2008, 07:25 AM

Not true. I always read the instructions.

-bd :snooty:

Guillaume
08-18-2008, 09:17 AM
nah, you've got that wrong, men always read the instructions.

It's just that they expect the important bits to be at the backpage 3, like newspapers.
Fixed.

The Flying Cow
08-18-2008, 09:49 PM
furniture is absurd

One lives in unison with nature, like.

j2k4
08-18-2008, 10:40 PM

One lives in unison with nature, like.

Nature=wood. :dabs: