PDA

View Full Version : HP printer does not print

maebach
08-18-2008, 07:32 PM
I've been using non-HP ink for quite some time now, then one day the printer's ink cartridge light starts blinking. I replace it and its still blinking. I get errors by the HP digital monitor on my PC saying that there is an error. My question is does my printer know that Im using non-HP ink? Is that why its not printing? The cartridge is new as well. Could a software update by HP have done this?

dr jones
08-19-2008, 12:45 AM
my suggestion will be to take your printer to the nearest hp store and get it check out if that solve the problem,then you are ok,if that dosent slove the problem,thenupdate your hp software again,and if that dosent work you will know it the no hp ink catridge that casuing the problem,and so on......

staticzip
08-19-2008, 11:34 AM
the same problem i used to get in canon all in one printer. I purchased the Original catridge & it worked for me

lynx
08-21-2008, 01:20 AM
I wonder it it is the waste ink reservoir that's full.

I assume that HP printers have a "waste ink" reservoir just like Epson and Canon printers. If so, they must also reach the stage where that reservoir is full, although I've never come across any mention of this situation. Consequently I've never come across any method of resetting this problem either.

Before you go down that route though, check all your cartridges to make sure they've got ink. I once spent ages cleaning out an Epson printer and resetting the waste ink counter only to find that the real problem was that the "fill" cycle after replacing the colour cartridge had emptied the black cartridge. Something I never checked since I knew that the black cartridge had ink before I replaced the colour cartridge.

maverick_andy
08-21-2008, 05:54 AM
those who are getting error like above in Epson try this it will do some magic :P
http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

search google for if there are any utility like above for HP printers:D

maebach
08-26-2008, 03:57 AM
It wouldn't make sense that it died because its a wifi printer and if I check its status with firefox it says its on, it shows that colour ink is low and black ink cartridge has failed. I can believe that the colour cartridge is low because I havent replaced that ever, but how can a cartridge fail? Could it be that this cartridge is faulty?

maverick_andy
08-26-2008, 12:27 PM
It wouldn't make sense that it died because its a wifi printer and if I check its status with firefox it says its on, it shows that colour ink is low and black ink cartridge has failed. I can believe that the colour cartridge is low because I havent replaced that ever, but how can a cartridge fail? Could it be that this cartridge is faulty?

I overcome the problem of printer's ink cartridge light starts blinking through SSC service utility. But My catridge failing to print:(. I will replace catridges and see if it prints or not:D

emadmet3eb
09-06-2008, 05:03 PM
check connection and reinstall the driver