PDA

View Full Version : Winiso.. Any Good?

BobbyDog
08-21-2003, 08:38 PM
Sup peeps, well I've been reading guides and noob sections for the last few hours, and I've learned alot. However, I havent found a section on what program to use for getting my games ready to share. I've got WinISO, never used it though. Is this an acceptable way of making image's? I see alot of people talking about bin's and cue's. What program do I use to make these? Or should I just stick with ISO's. Forgive me for my Noobness, however, if I get some help, by tomorrow I'll be a pro B) Thx in advance.

Peace :alien:

Gre1
08-21-2003, 08:41 PM
They are basically the same just different names but they do the same thing and yes WinIso is very good and it fails u just use IsoBuster

backlash
08-22-2003, 01:20 PM
I have winISO and I think it's a great program. :D

toddiscool
08-22-2003, 04:45 PM
To make your games shareable use clone CD. No one seems to use it really for sharing games, i do not know why because it will copy the protection on the cd's aswell (alot of games) so that the people who d'ld them do not need no'cd's and reg edit files.

BobbyDog
08-22-2003, 06:50 PM
Thx for the help boyz (and gurlz). Todd, your Noob guide is tight. Thanks for spending the time putting that together. Too bad there isnt any gold,karma,etc on this forum, becuase you'd get a pile from me :)

Tmpj
08-22-2003, 06:56 PM
If you want to just extract ISO files then use IsoBuster.

If you want to create/modify ISO files use UltraISO ;)

BobbyDog
08-22-2003, 07:00 PM
Just thought I'd let you know Todd that your link to CdrWin in your "tools" section is missdirected to Daemon. Also, it sounds like your saying that a bin file can be converted to an ISO, negating the need for the cue file. Maybe an extra line in your guide making that more clear would be good.

Enigma2003
08-22-2003, 07:03 PM
with WinISO you can simply convert a .bin to a .iso without the need for a .cue file.

its just under Convert-->BIN to ISO.

i always use it. if i download a .bin i convert it straight away

toddiscool
08-22-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by BobbyDog@22 August 2003 - 20:00
Just thought I'd let you know Todd that your link to CdrWin in your "tools" section is missdirected to Daemon. Also, it sounds like your saying that a bin file can be converted to an ISO, negating the need for the cue file. Maybe an extra line in your guide making that more clear would be good.

Thanks I will look into that next time I have a few minutes.

Gre1
08-22-2003, 10:45 PM
Hey todd I never knew that clonecd work like that isn't that a burner software or something. Or simialar to WinISO

toddiscool
08-22-2003, 10:51 PM
I am not wuite sure what you are referring to GRE1 but the best way to explain clone cd is, remeber bit copy in dos? it does not look at what it is copying it just copies the fuc*er. Therbye disregarding copy protection and just copying it.

Simple description, a little more advanced than that. I do not know if I made a typo somewhere to make you think that CloneCD can extract or even use bin and iso files.

toddiscool
08-22-2003, 10:54 PM
Oh sorry I get what you are saying - by the first line in this thread people seem to have thought that he wanted to extract ISO's or whatever. All that he is asking is how to make his game CD's shareable, therebye to do that I recommend cloneCD.

And tehn please zip that three files that it gives you, to gether so that people are not looking for the sub file. or whatever.