PDA

View Full Version : Americans are not....

j2k4
08-19-2008, 01:18 PM
...screwing at a population replacement rate, and we shall soon cease to be.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,405942,00.html

Should we try harder.

bigboab
08-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Why are Clocker and you sitting playing on your computers. Get out there and do your duty for your country.:angry:

j2k4
08-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Why are Clocker and you sitting playing on your computers. Get out there and do your duty for your country.:angry:

Clocker recently told me he cannot abide hot, young, fertile females as he finds them shallow.

Literally shallow, I suppose, like trying to swim in the tub. :dabs:

bigboab
08-19-2008, 08:06 PM

Clocker recently told me he cannot abide hot, young, fertile females as he finds them shallow.

Literally shallow, I suppose, like trying to swim in the tub. :dabs:

He could just donate to a sperm bank. Banks are also in serious decline at the moment. He would then be doing the country a double service.:lol:

devilsadvocate
08-19-2008, 09:39 PM
He could just donate to a sperm bank. Banks are also in serious decline at the moment. He would then be doing the country a double service.:lol:

I was just reading that this week California's high court ruled doctors cannot withhold medical care to homosexual men and women based on religious beliefs.
The case arose from a fertility doctor that refused artificial insemination treatment of a lesbian couple. Which to me is ironic because the donor was probably watching two lesbians on video to help him make his deposit.

So at least now west coast lesbians can do their part for their country.

lldoryll
08-22-2008, 12:53 AM
This thread is cracking me up lol :D
On the more serious side.. It seems to be a trend everywhere these days
Kids cost money time and and energy to raise...
and it really isn't the package deal like it used to be but instead, each kid born means that much more money whether it be college tuition, soccer practices, etc.
And... with emphasis placed on greater productivity from the women in the work force... with taking a year or two off or even more to raise a child seriously hinders the family's ability to support itself as well as the mother's advancement in her career....
This is kind of random but Lynette in Desperate Housewives is something that a lot of mothers could relate to I think....

j2k4
08-22-2008, 01:23 AM

I was just reading that this week California's high court ruled doctors cannot withhold medical care to homosexual men and women based on religious beliefs.
The case arose from a fertility doctor that refused artificial insemination treatment of a lesbian couple. Which to me is ironic because the donor was probably watching two lesbians on video to help him make his deposit.

So at least now west coast lesbians can do their part for their country.

We can always count on California.

On the other hand, is this an example of the law of unintended consequences...I think the gays might find themselves at least marginally disinclined to help with the population problem given that, according to the actuarial realities, they will be giving birth to significantly more hetero- than homosexual offspring.

Facts is facts.

This thread is cracking me up lol :D
On the more serious side.. It seems to be a trend everywhere these days
Kids cost money time and and energy to raise...
and it really isn't the package deal like it used to be but instead, each kid born means that much more money whether it be college tuition, soccer practices, etc.
And... with emphasis placed on greater productivity from the women in the work force... with taking a year or two off or even more to raise a child seriously hinders the family's ability to support itself as well as the mother's advancement in her career....
This is kind of random but Lynette in Desperate Housewives is something that a lot of mothers could relate to I think....

Don't know Lynette.

You are right as to current socio-cultural pressures and mores and their effect on the role of the female in the US family.

Are men allowed to make such observances anymore, I can't be sure, and don't know who to ask. :dabs:

Skiz
08-22-2008, 01:54 AM
We are a dying breed anyway. Whites are predicted to be the minority in Texas by 2015 and nationwide by 2024.

That is based on the current census trends.

Maybe I should go ahead and start some programs. The NAAWP, etc....

I wonder if businesses will be required to then hire certain amounts of white people to ensure there is no racism going on. To be fair, and all.

j2k4
08-22-2008, 09:56 AM
I wonder if businesses will be required to then hire certain amounts of white people to ensure there is no racism going on. To be fair, and all.

No, certainly not.

We'll be the new Jews, I suppose, likely to be stripped of all our possessions. :whistling

devilsadvocate
08-22-2008, 04:44 PM
We can always count on California.

On the other hand, is this an example of the law of unintended consequences...I think the gays might find themselves at least marginally disinclined to help with the population problem given that, according to the actuarial realities, they will be giving birth to significantly more hetero- than homosexual offspring.

Facts is facts.

I should think they are like most of us and just hope for a child to love unconditionally.
I don't remember at any time asking "what if" when we decided to have our children.
In fact the only different questions I can figure out that lesbians have to ask is which one of us and how do we do it.
@ lldoryll

with taking a year or two off or even more to raise a child seriously hinders the family's ability to support itself as well as the mother's advancement in her career I think females working for career advancement is a fraction compared to mothers being in the workforce to make ends meet because one wage will not pay family sized bills.

j2k4
08-22-2008, 11:08 PM
I should think they are like most of us and just hope for a child to love unconditionally.
I don't remember at any time asking "what if" when we decided to have our children.
In fact the only different questions I can figure out that lesbians have to ask is which one of us and how do we do it.
@ lldoryll

Do you think the gay lobby (or do you think there isn't one) would not take a position?

with taking a year or two off or even more to raise a child seriously hinders the family's ability to support itself as well as the mother's advancement in her career I think females working for career advancement is a fraction compared to mothers being in the workforce to make ends meet because one wage will not pay family sized bills.

You "think"?

j2k4
08-22-2008, 11:09 PM
@ lldoryll

Do you think the gay lobby (or do you think there isn't one) would not take a position?

You "think"?

devilsadvocate
08-23-2008, 02:17 AM
I will reply to the second but I heard you the first time.

A position in regards to what exactly?

I think? yes of course I do. I think, I suspect, I'm inclined to believe. Don't we all?

BTW, I think you may need some more practice with quotes.

j2k4
08-23-2008, 01:41 PM
I will reply to the second but I heard you the first time.

A position in regards to what exactly?

With regard to whether or not they would sanction lesbians' hosting of embryos for purposes of creating life absent a lifestyle "guarantee", if you will.

This out of the prerogative of acting in the group's self-interest, you see.

I think? yes of course I do. I think, I suspect, I'm inclined to believe. Don't we all?

I meant do you think this,

I think females working for career advancement is a fraction compared to mothers being in the workforce to make ends meet because one wage will not pay family sized bills.

specifically, or do you know it?

Important distinction.

BTW, I think you may need some more practice with quotes.

Yes, I've heard that.

Trouble is, early on I committed to being a repository for all the punctuation going unused by people ignorant of it, and so must occasionally off-load excess. :whistling

devilsadvocate
08-23-2008, 02:58 PM
With regard to whether or not they would sanction lesbians' hosting of embryos for purposes of creating life absent a lifestyle "guarantee", if you will.

Given that until very recently 100% of homosexuals were born to and raised by heterosexuals, in some cases by very conservative heterosexuals (Phylis Schaifly, The Cheneys) I wouldn't think they give a rats about it.

I was talking about lesbian couples having children. I was wondering what a gay lobby had to do with it. Your question about if I believe a gay lobby exists makes sense to me now.

I'm editing the sentence below so it reads as a question and not an assumption.

Do you see gay activists not as people looking out for equal rights but as a group of recruiters trying to have sex with our sons and daughters?

j2k4
08-23-2008, 07:41 PM

Given that until very recently 100% of homosexuals were born to and raised by heterosexuals, in some cases by very conservative heterosexuals (Phylis Schaifly, The Cheneys) I wouldn't think they give a rats about it.

I was talking about lesbian couples having children. I was wondering what a gay lobby had to do with it. Your question about if I believe a gay lobby exists makes sense to me now.

I'm editing the sentence below so it reads as a question and not an assumption.

Do you see gay activists not as people looking out for equal rights but as a group of recruiters trying to have sex with our sons and daughters?

I see gay activists/activism getting largely unacknowledged aid and support (moral or monetary) from quarters which include and advocate for pedophiles, as an example.

Any group which fails to constantly and loudly disavow/denounce its lesser elements isn't going to get a free ride from me, sorry.

As a conservative, I am often tarred with the same brush as garden-variety Republicans.

I don't like that, either.

I hope you get my point.

devilsadvocate
08-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Well you certainly live up to the stereotypical conservative linking homosexuals to pedophiles.

Now can you please connect the dots from lesbians birthing their own children, What gay rights lobbyists might have to say about it and pedophiles for me?

j2k4
08-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Well you certainly live up to the stereotypical conservative linking homosexuals to pedophiles.

Now can you please connect the dots from lesbians birthing their own children, What gay rights lobbyists might have to say about it and pedophiles for me?

What on earth are you talking about.

They link themselves, ffs; blame them. :whistling

devilsadvocate
08-23-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm asking you to explain it, you are the one that is making the link. Make the case. I am genuinely interested.

j2k4
08-23-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm asking you to explain it, you are the one that is making the link. Make the case. I am genuinely interested.

I'll take the shortcut-

Every movement or ideology (or in this case, lifestyle) legitimizes itself and gains mainstream acceptance by pruning and isolating it's more objectionable factions.

Conservatives have done this by waving a hearty and well-deserved goodbye to the like of the Klan, the Birchers, etc.

The Catholic church, for example, would have lost considerably less luster had it been seen to be dealing more forthrightly in the matter of defective priests a few years back.

Things such as these, whether hidden under rugs, rocks, or in plain view, need to be severed permanently for a cause to move forward effectively.

The homosexual movement has not done this.

j2k4
08-23-2008, 10:05 PM

I'll take the shortcut-

Every movement or ideology (or in this case, lifestyle) legitimizes itself and gains mainstream acceptance by pruning and isolating it's more objectionable factions.

Conservatives have done this by waving a hearty and well-deserved goodbye to the like of the Klan, the Birchers, etc.

The Catholic church, for example, would have lost considerably less gloss had it been seen to be dealing more forthrightly in the matter of defective priests a few years back.

Things such as these, whether they hide under rugs, rocks, or in plain view, need to be severed permanently for a cause to move forward effectively.

The homosexual movement has not done this.

bigboab
08-23-2008, 10:40 PM

No, certainly not.

We'll be the new Jews, I suppose, likely to be stripped of all our possessions. :whistling

I don't have any possessions. Will I just be stripped? I think they will tell me to put my clothes back on.:lol:

devilsadvocate
08-23-2008, 10:54 PM
That's not a shortcut, that's a bypass and explains nothing.

Before you can convince me that homosexual activist/lobbyist have not distanced themselves from someone or something you have to show how they are connected.
So I ask again what is the connection between lesbians giving birth, what any gay rights lobby might think about it and pedophiles. Because for the life of me all I can think you mean is that you think homosexuals are pedophiles or think it's okay to be a pedophile and are campaigning to get it legalized, or all pedophiles are homosexual.

j2k4
08-24-2008, 03:23 PM
That's not a shortcut, that's a bypass and explains nothing.

Before you can convince me that homosexual activist/lobbyist have not distanced themselves from someone or something you have to show how they are connected.
So I ask again what is the connection between lesbians giving birth, what any gay rights lobby might think about it and pedophiles. Because for the life of me all I can think you mean is that you think homosexuals are pedophiles or think it's okay to be a pedophile and are campaigning to get it legalized, or all pedophiles are homosexual.

Well, that's quite a leap.

If more of your vast group-thinking cohort agrees, let them chime in; I don't think anything more is required.

clocker
08-24-2008, 03:41 PM
I see gay activists/activism getting largely unacknowledged aid and support (moral or monetary) from quarters which include and advocate for pedophiles, as an example.

Really.
Do tell.

devilsadvocate
08-24-2008, 05:22 PM

If more of your vast group-thinking cohort agrees, let them chime in; I don't think anything more is required.

It could only be a leap if I had all the information that points otherwise to go with. As it stands you have made a charge with lots of suggestion, no evidence and no willingness to offer any.

I really am genuinely interested in how this connection goes. It's not a trick question and I'm not playing a game of gotcha.

Perhaps I may not agree with you, I can't say until I hear your evidence.

What is the connection between lesbians giving birth, what any gay rights lobby might think about it and pedophiles?

bigboab
08-24-2008, 08:29 PM

It could only be a leap if I had all the information that points otherwise to go with. As it stands you have made a charge with lots of suggestion, no evidence and no willingness to offer any.

I really am genuinely interested in how this connection goes. It's not a trick question and I'm not playing a game of gotcha.

Perhaps I may not agree with you, I can't say until I hear your evidence.

What is the connection between lesbians giving birth, what any gay rights lobby might think about it and pedophiles?

Homosexual practices in the UK is at present legal at 16. The gay lobby want it reduced to 14. Peter Tatchell has actually said that it should be OK for a 40 year old man to have sex with a 14 year old boy. At the rate Tatchell is going there wont be any more paedophiles it will be legal.:angry:

Surely everyone draws a moral line on this subject. I personally would have left it at 18. Some countries have it as low as 12.

Do you draw a line at a particular age? If it is over 14 then Tatchell would consider you a Homophobe.

devilsadvocate
08-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Homosexual practices in the UK is at present legal at 16. The gay lobby want it reduced to 14. Peter Tatchell has actually said that it should be OK for a 40 year old man to have sex with a 14 year old boy. At the rate Tatchell is going there wont be any more paedophiles it will be legal.:angry:

Surely everyone draws a moral line on this subject. I personally would have left it at 18. Some countries have it as low as 12.

Do you draw a line at a particular age? If it is over 14 then Tatchell would consider you a Homophobe.

The age of consent should be the same for whatever sexuality, not lower or higher for one than the other. Personally I am happy with 18, but then here we have variable consent ages depending on what is handy. 18 for sex, to fight in the military and to vote, but 21 to be able to drink. One can be charged and tried as an adult even if below the age of majority.

Where your wording stands out and where I'm of the current opinion that j2k4 is lumping unconnected groups together, you said THE gay lobby, not one group and not a pedophile lobby.

Here's the thing.

I'm for genital removal in the slowest and most painful way possible for pedophiles.

I don't have a stake in it or particularly worry about it but I don't see any reason why a gay couple shouldn't enjoy the same legal rights as a heterosexual couple, so let's say I wanted to campaign for it.

How would that be connected to someone that wants to lower the age of consent so they don't go to prison for molesting children?

Let's say I wanted to change a law to allow unwed heterosexual couples to adopt (for this it's illegal) giving them the same right to adopt as married heterosexual couples.

Would anyone be connecting this campaign to pedophiles?

Remember pedophiles aren't just same sex offenders and in quite a lot of cases they are married. We have a television program here called to catch a predator which sets up sting operations with local police to catch pedophiles. The show is filled with older men, often married, going to meet with underage girls. Yet it seems only homosexuals get connected.

j2k4
08-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Where your wording stands out and where I'm of the current opinion that j2k4 is lumping unconnected groups together, you said THE gay lobby, not one group and not a pedophile lobby.

So, then.

You are one of those who demands proof-beyond-a-shadow-of-doubt of a connection.

Do you know how a grand jury works?

They judge, according to a standard that is, let us say, somewhat less-than-absolute.

Are you averse to using your own judgement?

Here's the thing.

I'm for genital removal in the slowest and most painful way possible for pedophiles.

If actually true, this weighs in your favor, however, if you make this statement while simultaneously creating conditions which ensure that it will never happen, the statement becomes superfluous.

I don't have a stake in it or particularly worry about it but I don't see any reason why a gay couple shouldn't enjoy the same legal rights as a heterosexual couple, so let's say I wanted to campaign for it.

You want to campaign for it?

Take it all the way to the Supremes; I guarantee you'll meet some people and find out some things that'll make you squirm.

I really hate to keep harking to the Catholic example, but do you think, backing up several years, you could have found a Catholic priest, any Catholic priest at all, who wasn't conversant of the problem, or most probably had first-hand knowledge of, or acquaintance with, pedophiles?

I am speaking of decisions you make as a sentient human being on earth, the type you make when you decide who your kids should or shouldn't hang around with, and don't tell me you've never done that.

Do you think NAMBLA doesn't have a channel to the gay lobby?

Do you think the ACLU isn't a conduit?

Start there, I'll wait. :whistling

How would that be connected to someone that wants to lower the age of consent so they don't go to prison for molesting children?

Start by telling me which lobby and which lawyers are leading that particular effort, why don't you.

Such endeavors aren't conducted in a legal vacuum, you see.

Let's say I wanted to change a law to allow unwed heterosexual couples to adopt (for this it's illegal) giving them the same right to adopt as married heterosexual couples.

I would be opposed to that, myself.

Would you actually need to ask why.

I should think anyone taking notice of any involvement by such as the ACLU need not go much further.

Remember pedophiles aren't just same sex offenders and in quite a lot of cases they are married. We have a television program here called to catch a predator which sets up sting operations with local police to catch pedophiles. The show is filled with older men, often married, going to meet with underage girls. Yet it seems only homosexuals get connected.

Quite right, it often does seem that way; problem is, seems is not cause for legal action, unless you advocate marching on the Supreme Court in order for them to write you some laws, absent public referenda.

Your argument fails, though, when one considers pedophelia as only another lifestyle, and only homosexual in characteristic in proportion with statistics.

I guess they'd prefer we think of it as the true third sexual preference.

Anyway, sorry, that's all you get. :whistling

devilsadvocate
08-25-2008, 02:35 AM
So, then.

You are one of those who demands proof-beyond-a-shadow-of-doubt of a connection.

Do you know how a grand jury works?

They judge, according to a standard that is, let us say, somewhat less-than-absolute.

Are you averse to using your own judgement?

OKay Where to start?

When the seriousness of the accusation is such as this then I would settle for credible evidence to suspect, hard provable evidence to convict. You have however offered no evidence at all other than you saying something is so. You haven't even offered up a tenuous connection.

Here's the thing.

If actually true, this weighs in your favor, however, if you make this statement while simultaneously creating conditions which ensure that it will never happen, the statement becomes superfluous.

What conditions have I created? I'd be happy to have it applied to the guys that turned up on the dateline show.
As with all crimes it's important that the punishment is only applied to the guilty.

You want to campaign for it?

Take it all the way to the Supremes; I guarantee you'll meet some people and find out some things that'll make you squirm.

Seeing as this hypothetical campaign is about the same legal rights as heterosexual couples, unless someone starts talking about what they do in bed I don't see why? I mean I've been married nearly 30 years and there's nothing squirmish about any of the legal rights we have.

I really hate to keep harking to the Catholic example, but do you think, backing up several years, you could have found a Catholic priest, any Catholic priest at all, who wasn't conversant of the problem, or most probably had first-hand knowledge of, or acquaintance with, pedophiles?

Tell me. Do you link Christianity (or religion in general) with pedophilia or just the catholic church?

I am speaking of decisions you make as a sentient human being on earth, the type you make when you decide who your kids should or shouldn't hang around with, and don't tell me you've never done that.

I did it all the time with my children and still do with my grandchildren. My concern wouldn't be that someone was homosexual, it would be that they were a pedophile. Being homosexual doesn't increase the chances.

Do you think NAMBLA doesn't have a channel to the gay lobby?

Do you think they have no channel to a heterosexual lobby?
Granted they use the term man/boy but they are a pedophile lobby, not a gay rights lobby

The "gay lobby" as you call it isn't a central command affair. Like any other campaign/activist type "lobby" it is made up of many parts working for individual goals and only grouped together by the word homosexual. Granted the end desire may be pretty similar.

Do you think the ACLU isn't a conduit?

Start there, I'll wait. :whistling

The ACLU takes on cases to protect the bill of rights, which means my rights, your rights and their rights.

Start by telling me which lobby and which lawyers are leading that particular effort, why don't you.

Such endeavors aren't conducted in a legal vacuum, you see.
It's a hypothetical, but obviously the alliance defense funded lawyer would try to connect gays getting married to molesting children, I mean you seem to think the two go hand in hand.

I would be opposed to that, myself.

Would you actually need to ask why.

I dare say my guess would be near the mark if not spot on, and if I'm right your reasons would have less to do with child safety and more with your values. I say this because the vetting process would be the same and as the dateline shows, pedophiles are often married.
I know a few unmarried couples that are wonderful parents, I also know a few married ones that could be better. It's the person that matters, not the ring on the finger when it comes to being a good parent.

I should think anyone taking notice of any involvement by such as the ACLU need not go much further.

I get it, you are a conservative and so hate the ACLU.

Quite right, it often does seem that way; problem is, seems is not cause for legal action, unless you advocate marching on the Supreme Court in order for them to write you some laws, absent public referenda.

Your argument fails, though, when one considers pedophelia as only another lifestyle, and only homosexual in characteristic in proportion with statistics.

I guess they'd prefer we think of it as the true third sexual preference.

Anyway, sorry, that's all you get. :whistling

That's the point. Pedophilia isn't a homosexual or heterosexual problem. It's pedophilia. And even though most pedophiles are heterosexual in adult terms the finger points at homosexuals (who incidentally like adult partners and not children)

Detale
08-25-2008, 03:02 AM
In certain cases the ACLU actually takes away peoples freedom. There are loads of small shithole towns all over the USA who have had to remove the tiniest little iota of religious symbols from say their town crest or whatever because the town simply couldn't afford fight the legal battle the ACLU can. Don't get me started on them ffs.

Pedo's are no where near homosexuals. Fag's are fine. I say fags because I have some gay friends who I call fag as a term of endearment....Like Benchez. Pedos now are not even on the same plane as our neatly dressed friends the gays, they are sick. I believe they have no place among a society that hopes to survive. I also believe in the instant death penalty for convicted pedo's because they are a blight on society, a drain on our economy not to mention they shatter peoples lives. Some say they are sick and need help, I say even if they need help let their god help them because we shouldn't have to. spend the money it costs to imprison them on helping the shattered lives of those they have ruined.

Back on topic. I have 3 kids now damnit you guys better get going here!!! I don't know if I could handle any more little ones.

sumvell
08-26-2008, 10:31 AM
outsource it to INDIA

j2k4
08-26-2008, 10:08 PM
outsource it to INDIA

Nah, that's been tried.

We need something new; I think it's the rules. :huh:

bigboab
08-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Have you tried raising the Birth and Family allowances. Not you in particular Kev. That would entail you working at least one Sunday in the month.:(

j2k4
08-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Have you tried raising the Birth and Family allowances. Not you in particular Kev. That would entail you working at least one Sunday in the month.:(

I think I end up doing that anyway.

I'll check with my accountant (Ms. J).