PDA

View Full Version : Compulsively having to change the channel when a soap theme tune comes on

Skweeky
08-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Does anyone else do this? :unsure:

I really hate soaps and I just can't even have the things on in the background. I always feel like they might be sending out special waves that steal my (already diminised) brain capacity :fear:

Every time Eastenders or Hollyoaks or one of the other horrors come in, I frantically jump up trying to locate the remote, thus injuring my already injured pelvis even further.

Do you think I can claim compensation for this?:unsure:

Squeamous
08-20-2008, 10:23 PM
I thought I was the only one! Those bastards on C4 only put The Simpos on before Hollyoaks to try to catch us out :fear:

Agrajag
08-20-2008, 10:35 PM
"Simpos", "Simpos" ... are you on something.

Squeamous
08-20-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm drinking cola

Skweeky
08-21-2008, 06:22 AM
I thought I was the only one! Those bastards on C4 only put The Simpos on before Hollyoaks to try to catch us out :fear:

Exactly! You think you've got time to get some tea and a biscuit and before you know it that annoying tune is playing in the background :angry:

Agrajag
08-21-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm drinking cola

Does that normally have the effect of making you post like some kind of Australian.

"The Simpos" indeed.

Squeamous
08-21-2008, 06:24 PM
It's a term of endearment, I wouldn't expect you to understand. Australian indeed :snooty:.

Skweeks, I really don't understand soaps. Often my OH accuses me of watching them, when actually they've just come on while I was having a think about something and I haven't realised :fist:. I've been thinking about experimenting with doing away with TV but I don't want to become a smug boring book reading hairy new age twat :cry:.

Skweeky
08-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Can't do away with the telly! :cry:

you'd miss brilliant tv like the X-factor audition. Always good for a bit of Schadefreude

Squeamous
08-21-2008, 06:59 PM
That's one of them things I can understand other people liking, but leave me cold :(. What about Frost? Everone likes a bit of Frost!

Agrajag
08-21-2008, 07:36 PM
It's a term of endearment, I wouldn't expect you to understand. Australian indeed :snooty:.

Skweeks, I really don't understand soaps. Often my OH accuses me of watching them, when actually they've just come on while I was having a think about something and I haven't realised :fist:. I've been thinking about experimenting with doing away with TV but I don't want to become a smug boring book reading hairy new age twat :cry:.

Become ben you say, it's so crazy it may just work.

Something Else
08-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Peace n love ya.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/RussianRainbowGathering_4Aug2005.jpg

Skweeky
08-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Ben cheats, he watches tv stuff on the interwebz!

Agrajag
08-21-2008, 09:57 PM
It's a loophole.

Squeamous
08-21-2008, 10:00 PM

Become ben you say, it's so crazy it may just work.

:lol: