PDA

View Full Version : Hoi Chav

The Flying Cow
08-20-2008, 01:53 PM
That Fleet Foxes sound you recommended someone the other day is pretty fucking amazing, like.

The mediaeval chants in "Sun Giant" are way trippy.

Good times. :happy:

chalice
08-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Yes, they are the fucking rawka!!

Been getting into Glasvegas recently. They're kinda like The Proclaimers meet The Jesus And Mary Chain innit. Rock n Roll with Scottish accents >* and their lyrics are pretty fucking brill too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfmClxKWhPY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dquK43zFfKc&NR=1

The Flying Cow
08-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Don't like Glasvegas that much though innit.

Too dispiriting, depressing like. Fleet is more mellow, in a time-transposing way - one is thrown back into mediaeval Engerland.

Peering over the castle walls, like.

chalice
08-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Fuck off then.

The Flying Cow
08-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Loudon Wainwright is wicked too though innhe.

One could say you have an ecclectic, as well as qualitay taste in the musics Chavish.

Do you listen to The Legendary Pink Dots, or The Kooks, The Raconteurs, Eric Clapton, that sort of stuff?

brotherdoobie
08-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Yes, they are the fucking rawka!!

Been getting into Glasvegas recently. They're kinda like The Proclaimers meet The Jesus And Mary Chain innit. Rock n Roll with Scottish accents >* and their lyrics are pretty fucking brill too.

RfmClxKWhPY

dquK43zFfKc

The Jesus And Mary Chain rawk hard ( Glasvegas sounds like an interesting mix). I'm going to definitely check 'em out.

-bd :happy:

Something Else
08-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Glasvegas. Glaswegians in Vegas. Sounds like a riot.

:drummer:

The Flying Cow
08-21-2008, 08:50 PM
You're forgetting The Proclaimers brother. They're the shite. (I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) FTW).

brotherdoobie
08-21-2008, 09:50 PM
You're forgetting The Proclaimers brother. They're the shite. (I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) FTW).

I didn't forget about the Reid brothers. I enjoy their music very much. It's just that I am a ginormous Jesus And Mary Chain Fan.

-bd :cool:

chalice
08-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Loudon Wainwright is wicked too though innhe.

One could say you have an ecclectic, as well as qualitay taste in the musics Chavish.

Do you listen to The Legendary Pink Dots, or The Kooks, The Raconteurs, Eric Clapton, that sort of stuff?

Yep, I loves me tunes like.

Loudon is my fucking hero. True story.

None of the above would really be my cup of cha cha. Though I was listening to Clapton's Cocaine last night and that's an excellent tune.

Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, The Roches, anybody with a Wainwright on the end of their name, Bob and tons of other stuff. Just depends what kind of mood I'm in. It's the lyrics more than the music for me. If the lyrics are good, I'll listen to anything.

Check out The Nightwatchman. He's pretty fucking good.

Skiz
08-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, The Roches, anybody with a Wainwright on the end of their name, Bob and tons of other stuff. Just depends what kind of mood I'm in. It's the lyrics more than the music for me. If the lyrics are good, I'll listen to anything.

You like Neil Young?

He and Townes Van Zandt are the two greatest song writers to bless the industry IMHO. :happy:

chalice
08-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Yep both true legends, Skiz.

Skiz
08-22-2008, 09:46 AM
No one can put one together like the Troubadour.

He's my all-time fav. :cowboy:

The Flying Cow
08-23-2008, 04:01 PM
A band I've truly enjoyed for a long time now is Interpol.

Their new album "Our Love to Admire" (newish) is stellar as well.

"The Heinrich Maneuver", "Pioneer to the Falls", etc.

ftw.

Skiz
08-28-2008, 04:14 PM
I've been listening to another of my favorite song writers today - Bruce Robison. The guy is a fucking genius.

It's tough to find music of his online, but here's one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUe8xJpK8E

chalice
08-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Here's one you'd like, Skiz.

Adam Carroll- Red Bandana Blues. Fantastic lyrics/nearly veers into country but he redeems himself. Plus it's about you.

http://technohippie.com/geeklog/public_html/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20060317224404916

Skiz
08-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Not bad at all. Lyrics were great. Sound harmonica too. I'm going to look for some of him on Soulseek in a few minutes. :)

You ever listen to any Robert Earl Keen or Jerry Jeff Walker? Along with great song writing, you get some phenominal story telling as well. They're flat out Texas country tho'. :)