PDA

View Full Version : 150k$ Per Song? Wtf

pooosh
08-22-2003, 03:42 PM
What is this i hear about being fined for every song you download? is it bs or is it for real? Ive been hearing a lot lately, and i was told that music companies are fining 150k per song found on peoples hard drives. Now this makes me think, how could they find every song, and how do they know where it came from? then again who the hell knows. I havent seen any topics on this yet, and am surprised at that. Someone give me the low down. thanks.[/SIZE][/color][/font] :ph34r:

Gre1
08-22-2003, 03:50 PM
I haven't heard that but I doubt it's true they can't fine u nothing cause like u said they don't know where those songs came from the could have been copied from all cd's u have bought so that is some bullshit and if they do I wouldn't care cause it wouldn't get paid.

3rd gen noob
08-22-2003, 03:56 PM
5) Those few people that got 'caught' usually only received a warning letter. There are only a few cases known of people who actually got a fine. The highest one was $7,500 for some student that was sharing 1 MILLION mp3 files.

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showto...ring+conviction (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=45769&hl=precednts+filesharing+conviction)

MetroStars
08-22-2003, 04:06 PM
What is this i hear about being fined for every song you download? is it bs or is it for real? Ive been hearing a lot lately, and i was told that music companies are fining 150k per song found on peoples hard drives. Now this makes me think, how could they find every song, and how do they know where it came from? then again who the hell knows. I havent seen any topics on this yet, and am surprised at that. Someone give me the low down. thanks.[/SIZE][/color][/font]

I don't Believe this i think pooosh is working for the RIAA, and is trying 2 spread scare tactics..

I bet pooosh never posts on this board again...

3rd gen noob
08-22-2003, 04:14 PM
From the Wall Street Journal: The lawsuits demanded the sites be shut down and sought maximum damages of $150,000 per song

source: http://www.chicagogamers.com/forums/showth...15007#post15007 (http://www.chicagogamers.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=15007#post15007)

google is very powerful, you know, Gre1

VB
08-22-2003, 05:28 PM
They demand $150K because that is the maximum they can demand. They obviously won't get such an amount. Even the American Judges are not that retarded.

There are only 8 known cases where a person actually did get sued by the RIAA. All cases were ended with a settlement, so nobody was actually forced to pay an X amount. The settlements varied between $1,000 and $10,000. But note that these were all people who shared thousands of files.

Conclusion: The risk of actually getting sued is very very small. And even if you are one of the unlucky ones, then the fine is reasonable.

Sparkle1984
08-22-2003, 08:04 PM
What is this i hear about being fined for every song you download? is it bs or is it for real? Ive been hearing a lot lately, and i was told that music companies are fining 150k per song found on peoples hard drives. Now this makes me think, how could they find every song, and how do they know where it came from? then again who the hell knows. I havent seen any topics on this yet, and am surprised at that. Someone give me the low down. thanks.[/SIZE][/color][/font] 

Scaremongerer!! First Post, says it all !!!

pooosh
08-23-2003, 01:58 AM
Thank you to those of you who did the research and actually found truth to what i heard. To you losers who sit and monitor these BBs, getta life. "Scaremongerer!"???? you loser, what is wrong with you, just shutup. and to those of you who think that since it is my first post, that I'm a liar, go to hell. why would i bother wasting my time trying to scare random people i will never meet.
You can see i am the one with the life, go getta girlfriend u fruit, sorry i dont spend my whole day talking to a BB.

and yea i posted again.

Arm
08-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by pooosh@23 August 2003 - 01:58
Thank you to those of you who did the research and actually found truth to what i heard. To you losers who sit and monitor these BBs, getta life. "Scaremongerer!"???? you loser, what is wrong with you, just shutup. and to those of you who think that since it is my first post, that I'm a liar, go to hell. why would i bother wasting my time trying to scare random people i will never meet.
You can see i am the one with the life, go getta girlfriend u fruit, sorry i dont spend my whole day talking to a BB.

and yea i posted again.
:blink: Wow you actually posted. We got alot of scaremongers who post at our forum once and try to scare us and never post again. We sware that they are from the RIAA in case you don't know.