PDA

View Full Version : Waffles Question About Disabled Users

willy101
08-21-2008, 11:12 AM
I trusted some friends from RL and invited them to Waffles. Now they are both disabled. I have a ratio of 3.00+ so normally I'd be okay. Does their account status have bearing on mine?

Thanks,
Willy

integral
08-21-2008, 11:19 AM
No matter how hard you work to build your "leet buffer," if you consistently invite bad users, you'll most likely get your invites disabled. However, if they are cheaters, you can get your account disabled. Good luck.

aaatoel
08-21-2008, 11:43 AM
As integral said... If your inviter is cheater or invite trader you could be disabled... Though, If you are a good user (upload your own stuff and such) you could just lose your invite privileges or something less severe!

willy101
08-24-2008, 01:11 PM
kk Thanks guys

I'm not a trade or anything, those guys were just friends from work... (who suck at uploading :P)

aaatoel
08-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Then I guess that you don't really have to worry... We all have friends who are bad seeders :P

Night0wl
08-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Then I guess that you don't really have to worry... We all have friends who are bad seeders :P

Yup. one of my IRL friends is my worst invitee ever. Disabled everywhere I invited him :(

OTO
08-24-2008, 07:21 PM

Yup. one of my IRL friends is my worst invitee ever. Disabled everywhere I invited him :(
:lol:

kondrae
08-25-2008, 05:06 AM

same story here. but hes learning now

Night0wl
08-25-2008, 07:05 AM
Well my friend doesn't care at all. He leeches what he wants to until he gets banned for low ratio. I even saved his ass twice on TTi by giving him GB and he just kept on going :(

c0njur
08-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Well my friend doesn't care at all. He leeches what he wants to until he gets banned for low ratio. I even saved his ass twice on TTi by giving him GB and he just kept on going :(

Why do people do that? Its not like its that hard to understand a ratio, but yet they do that knowing the consequences.

RoBz
08-25-2008, 01:32 PM
You can't get banned on Waffles for a low ratio. Your friends must have either just not logged in in 6 weeks or did something bad to get them disabled. If you look at their profiles on Waffles it will either tell you on the top, "This account has been disabled due to inactivty" or "This account has been banned".

torrentpoptarts
08-25-2008, 06:36 PM

Why do people do that? Its not like its that hard to understand a ratio, but yet they do that knowing the consequences.

I agree, I invited a friend to some sites recently but he says it's too much trouble to keep the torrent open to seed back. I just don't understand what's so hard, especially since he leaves his computer on all the time anyways.

He even has an internet connection I'd die for! (Verizon FiOS) ...such a waste of bandwidth.

colbert
08-25-2008, 06:49 PM
The worst that could happen is they take your invites away, but I would imagine you would need to invite many more than 2 bad people to have this happen.