PDA

View Full Version : My site

superseed101
08-21-2008, 01:09 PM
hey ive just launched my new site and i want some feedback good/bad but dont be rude im trying my best. Also any uploaders etc would be great. As i say its just launched so its not totally complete... The link is scenegateway.com

Thanks

dunson
08-21-2008, 01:14 PM
It looks like you just started, 9 users and 7 torrents (no s/l) so it is impossible to say. It's completely incomplete. Work on that and maybe you will generate some interest. There are like dozens of "scene*****" trackers that are new and much better established already, so you have a lot of work to do.

This is your logo? lol weird

http://scenegateway.com/pic/logo.gif

respawn40
08-21-2008, 01:16 PM
What was your reasoning behind making another 0-Day tracker? What can you offer that the already-established sites cannot?

A lot more info about your site would help.

dr jones
08-21-2008, 01:18 PM
This is your logo? lol

:w00t:

superseed101
08-21-2008, 01:19 PM
We can guarantee extreme speed. And ive always wanted to make a 0day tracker and ive found some of the best staff to help. I can guarantee extreme security with ssl. Soon we will have our own custom code. We hope to build a strong community too. And thats not the logo i had to update a source and that came with it lol.

dr jones
08-21-2008, 01:37 PM
This is your logo? lol

:w00t:

my suggestion is to change your logo ;)

PlayeR
08-21-2008, 01:40 PM
sounds good. maybe you can prove it to us

Disme
08-21-2008, 01:44 PM

Killer-logo :happy:

superseed101
08-21-2008, 02:00 PM
yes ill change the logo :P And PUNX How is that constructive at lease some people here are helping. Everyone starts somewhere even TL Started somewhere. So with all due respect PunX Shut up.

Scavenger
08-21-2008, 02:02 PM
He just installed the tbdev without any modification at sight...

superseed101
08-21-2008, 02:04 PM
The source is modded lol alot ... just i upgraded source and im currently replacing pics etc

John1988
08-21-2008, 02:06 PM
good luck with your site :)

Disme
08-21-2008, 02:07 PM
yes ill change the logo :P

I meant what I said :yup:

superseed101
08-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Im working on it :P
thanks everyone

binocular
08-21-2008, 02:09 PM
This is your logo? lol weird

:D What the feck?

superseed101
08-21-2008, 02:11 PM
ok enough about logo ...

binocular
08-21-2008, 02:27 PM
ok enough about logo ...

:shutup:No offense, m8. Seriously I hope everything is working better and better each day with ur site.
Good luck!:happy:

superseed101
08-21-2008, 02:30 PM
thank you everyone and the logo was default im making a new one..

KFlint
08-21-2008, 02:43 PM
hey ive just launched my new site and i want some feedback good/bad but dont be rude im trying my best. Also any uploaders etc would be great. As i say its just launched so its not totally complete... The link is scenegateway.com

Thanks

how people still manage to find catchy name for their 0-day trackers? the list must come to an end soon considering the amount of sites ...!

this name ain't bad at all, let's see if it can grow now

stoi
08-21-2008, 02:51 PM
LOL, SCT is all we need. We don't need these shit little 0day trackers full of noobs.

shut up

i'll keep up with your new tracker if you promise one thing.. an added torrent will never be deleted and will never be left of seeders, once its in it will ALWAYS be available
that's all that i wish in a tracker

1st of all gl with your site, your going to need it, shit load of competition to get passed.

as for the quote, that will never ever happen, its impossible.

and surely thats up to the users of that tracker to keep the torrent alive, not the tracker itself or the staff.

the staff cant seed everything, they will need 1pb of space at least probably a hell of a lot more tbh.

so i think you are just asking for the impossible there im afraid.

superseed101
08-21-2008, 02:56 PM
We will do our best to keep all torrents and we have the funding..

nemrac
08-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Superseed101,

Good luck with the site. You'll have lots of competition, but if you don't try you'll never know if the site will fly. I congratulate you for at least trying. Who knows, maybe it will evolve into a great place.

Ignore those that mock and criticize - it it far too easy to do that then to actually do something creative as you are attempting.

I just signed up and will try to help.

Good luck again.

Nemrac

jokzor
08-21-2008, 03:00 PM
sad to know stoi, ppl run crazy for more sites because they'r afraid they can't find something on others i guess
i wish there was one place, secure and with everything

stoi
08-21-2008, 03:00 PM
lol ok, so if you have the funding why the hell are you asking on a site like FST for uploaders, and your site is not even finished.

sorry but i think you have went about this all the wrong way, you should have got the tracker up like you wanted it, that includes design, got some members and good uploaders, then advertised it on here.

I still wish you good luck, but i think you are talking bollocks if you say you can keep every torrent thats ever uploaded onto your site alive forever. its just not humanly possible im afraid.

horiZen
08-21-2008, 03:15 PM
1. uploaders are the key,,, preferably with pre/channel axx and/or affil sites
2. minimum 100MBit upload link
3. Free leech on all your files to begin with but enforce hit and run with instant ban/no warnings given ;>

great sites are made only in the long run after a community has developed eg: P*G only have 500 members but releases are faster than ScT/S*C,,granted they have the edge being ex scene members but i'm sure you understand what i'm getting @

best of luck with your site

KFlint
08-21-2008, 03:16 PM
how people still manage to find catchy name for their 0-day trackers blah blah blah...

hi kflint, that was posted before your comment.. misplaced threads and spam get infraction points but that's allowed? what are you waiting for? racism?

KFedit, reply below

we posted at the exact same time but it's funnier to throw me bricks without checking right...

why don't you report it if you are offensed by it so we can do our job

now move on please and stop the flaming guys

jokzor
08-21-2008, 03:19 PM
no, i tought you did read it and tought he was making a compliment to me and my people.. but ok, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt

stoi
08-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Ok, I do not mean to sound like a right tw@t here, but im just really curious.

If you have the funding to keep every torrent that is ever uploaded on your tracker, and keep it seeding, why do you need a donate button.

which btw when you go to donate says this

This recipient is currently unable to receive money.

Not a good sign to start with.

Just i know that i struggle to pay for my shitty 80gig hdd 3000gig bw 100mbit backup server every month, never mind pay for PBs of of hdd space and the bandwidth that must go with it.

like i said just curiosity getting the better off me here, dont take it the wrong way.

cRaZyOnE
08-21-2008, 03:57 PM
When you get a new source, you need to make atleast all visual edits imo. Things like having ReadBeard in your FAQ and other default TBDev source inclusions should have been one of the first things you do before you invite people to join.

I personally think you should have gotten atleast most of the coding done before advertising your site. You will only get a rep for having a crappy looking site if everyone joins and sees that its not worth much. Remember Vista? :)

OTO
08-21-2008, 03:59 PM
hahahaha

logo looks great :lol: :w00t:

seppypom
08-21-2008, 07:28 PM

Killer-logo :happy:

i think that is great

punjabimunda
08-21-2008, 10:11 PM
start off with freeleach.
change the logo

KFlint
08-21-2008, 10:51 PM
no way, this logo is awesome!

superseed101
08-21-2008, 10:58 PM
ok thanks everyone

aysomc
08-21-2008, 11:40 PM
imo its going to be too hard to start a 0day tracker that is successful and can keep up with the huge head start that sct/TL already has. it may be possible but you are going to have to pay for at least some of this out of your own pocket for probably at least 6 months. also, do you already have uploaders who know what they are doing and can keep a constant flow of new torrents like there are on all other successful 0day trackers? that would be the only way to get to the top as a 0day site, make sure you are uploading more torrents and doing it just as fast or faster then sct over a long period of time, not just for a week or 2, and that will be very hard. and lastly first impressions are soooooo important in the fickle world of torrents. if you would have talked to some knowledgeable people or staff from other sites and had a private beta phase to iron out every single little problem and made sure your site looked and functioned amazing right from the start it would have helped to get the initial surge of users and get a positive word out about the site from the get go. anyways, hope you got something good out of this although i would imagine you already knew this which is why im confused that you didnt actually do it this way. :\

superseed101
08-21-2008, 11:45 PM
hmmmm yes we already have beaten tl in pre times and we have got some more uploaders...

NA_Magus
08-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Just wondering but what's the motive for making a 0day tracker? Not saying you can't but I'm curious.

UsenetGuy
08-21-2008, 11:54 PM
We can guarantee extreme speed. And ive always wanted to make a 0day tracker and ive found some of the best staff to help. I can guarantee extreme security with ssl. Soon we will have our own custom code. We hope to build a strong community too. And thats not the logo i had to update a source and that came with it lol.

Another 0day tracker is not needed, theres plenty. fyi SSL is not extreme security, anyone from the FBI/RIAA/MPAA etc can connect and see who is leeching/uploading. Hardly secure, but no torrent tracker is anyway. And you open with no good torrents, only a couple users, looks like its hardly been tested. Just because you've wanted to do something it doesn't mean you should.. I've always wanted to smack my boss on the head with a hammer and jump on his face but im not gonna do it ;)

aysomc
08-21-2008, 11:56 PM
im very aware that any new site can beat sct or tl in pre times. the point i was making is that to be one of the best 0day sites you need to maintain those pre's for years, not just a couple of weeks. sustenance is the key to being a great 0day site, all the other shit i mentioned just helps.

aysomc
08-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Fucking lag u piece of shit.

DeathAngel
08-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Launching a new tracker requires huge efforts and Work ... Good Luck with it .

Villain
08-22-2008, 11:14 AM
You should really finish the site before going public. Your design is really bad. If you don't have a designer yet then I might do something.

Skiz
08-22-2008, 11:54 AM

If you have the funding to keep every torrent that is ever uploaded on your tracker, and keep it seeding, why do you need a donate button.

which btw when you go to donate says this

This recipient is currently unable to receive money.

Not a good sign to start with.

Just i know that i struggle to pay for my shitty 80gig hdd 3000gig bw 100mbit backup server every month, never mind pay for PBs of of hdd space and the bandwidth that must go with it.

like i said just curiosity getting the better off me here, dont take it the wrong way.

OK, if you don't want to, I'll play devil's advocate. :P

I sounds to me like the fella got a website, uploaded the template and essentially said "I've got the best tracker out there".

I've got the money to do it, but I'm putting up a donate button.

I'm going to keep torrents for forever, even though that's impossible.

You've already pointed out the various pitfalls, but he simply chooses not to recognize them.

Has anyone done a "Whois" on this site yet?

helpme
08-22-2008, 11:57 AM
very nice logo :D

superseed101
08-22-2008, 12:22 PM
do a whois then ...

OmaRin0
08-22-2008, 01:10 PM

I've got the money to do it,but I'm putting up a donate button.

LoL can u tell me in which post he said that he will keep every torrent alive??

he said that he will do his best that he can to keep the torrents?? he didnt say " I WILL KEEP THEM "..

:blink::blink:

superseed101
08-22-2008, 01:22 PM
lol i said well try tooo :P and im not funding it a friend is...

Free Leech is now enabled..

Skiz
08-23-2008, 06:36 AM

I've got the money to do it,but I'm putting up a donate button.

LoL can u tell me in which post he said that he will keep every torrent alive??

he said that he will do his best that he can to keep the torrents?? he didnt say " I WILL KEEP THEM "..

:blink::blink:

Omarino, old bean, you've missed the point yet again.

He mentioned he will try to keep every torrent active for forever. As stoi has so clearly stated already, it simply isn't possible. It's the thought of even putting forth the effort that's laughable. You're futilely concentrating on mere semantics.

stroj
08-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Not very wise choice to host the tracker on OVH kimsufi server.

OTO
08-23-2008, 10:01 AM
what is the main idea of that logo? :lol:

Anybody knows?

stoi
08-23-2008, 10:15 AM
ok lets think about this logically for a minute here, if I wanted to keep every torrent alive on BCG, and we only have 6,000 torrents a general tracker will have a lot more than that.

I would have to download every single torrent on the site, i would then have to seed every single torrent on the site, so lets say i have 100 100mbit servers (i wish lol).

thats 600 torrents on each 1.

lets say the average torrent size is 2 gig.

thats 1.2 TB of hdd space i would need on each server.

now lets look at bw, and more importantly what speeds I could give those torrents.

I have 100meg, which equates to about 13MBs.

600 torrents on each server

0.21KBs (if i worked that out right lol) for each torrent.

It is not possible and its not feesable and even suggesting that he would try to do it, and more importantly, that they have the funding to do it, was a very drastic wrong move i`m afraid.

Honestly, some people seem to think those that are running torrent sites are like the mafia or something, unlimited pockets of cash, so they do not need the donations.

I am unemployed, i do it as a hobby, and to get to know people and all that boring shit, i am not in it to make any money, but the simple fct is, if no one donated at all for the next 2 months, BCG would not exist, or if it did, my marriage wouldnt (because my wife would bloody kill me).

If they are on a cheap server, i do applaude you for that, too many sites these days start out on a £250 super duper dedicated server, dont get the donations they were hoping for (again thinking that running a tracker is a money making scheme probably) and have to close up sharpish.

so it is best to start small and work your way up the food chain, its just some of the claims you made, were not very well thought out im afraid.

Dr0
08-23-2008, 10:54 AM
It is possible, just pointless and expensive.

Request system and uploaders willing to fill them, is all a torrent site needs, IMHO.

Artemis
08-23-2008, 12:59 PM
For those of you with short memories superseed did all this last year - simply look back at his post history........... He was a crap designer coder then/ he doesn't seem to have learned anything in the interim and his elite staff from last time seem to have disappeared without contributing anything.
His tracker was originally called.......wait for it scenegateway, but everyone jumped down his throat for having yet another 'scene' in the title tracker, so he changed it to vaportorrents (anyone remember that?), and what did vaportorrents do ? evaporate :blink:
So now here we go again, back to scenegateway, we still have the same mysterious staff ( who haven't slapped him for doing sod all with the tbdev source code) the same elite uploaders, the same promises and the same bullshit. As I said look into this guys post history, everything you are going to say to him has been said before, he didn't listen then, he won't listen now, he will continue to live in his happy little fantasy world that he is running his elite tracker.
Superseed I've said it before, I will say it again, your a world class, prize winning , chrome plated fuckwit, I just seem to have a longer memory than most, but as others read your post history they will realise just what a walter mitty you really are.

Villain
08-23-2008, 01:08 PM
For those of you with short memories superseed did all this last year - simply look back at his post history........... He was a crap designer coder then/ he doesn't seem to have learned anything in the interim and his elite staff from last time seem to have disappeared without contributing anything.
His tracker was originally called.......wait for it scenegateway, but everyone jumped down his throat for having yet another 'scene' in the title tracker, so he changed it to vaportorrents (anyone remember that?), and what did vaportorrents do ? evaporate :blink:
So now here we go again, back to scenegateway, we still have the same mysterious staff ( who haven't slapped him for doing sod all with the tbdev source code) the same elite uploaders, the same promises and the same bullshit. As I said look into this guys post history, everything you are going to say to him has been said before, he didn't listen then, he won't listen now, he will continue to live in his happy little fantasy world that he is running his elite tracker.
Superseed I've said it before, I will say it again, your a world class, prize winning , chrome plated fuckwit, I just seem to have a longer memory than most, but as others read your post history they will realise just what a walter mitty you really are.

Owned! :pinch:

integral
08-23-2008, 03:06 PM

Anybody knows?

It's an American term, or English moreover, it's called a "cash cow" which is a product that generates a huge amount of money, where excess money is used for other business ventures. For example, Microsoft's Windows operating system is a cash cow; the money from that operating system was used on other ventures, such as the XBox, Zune, and whatever else Microsoft sells these days.

And Linux of course is the poor starving penguin looking to get some of that chubby cash. :P

OTO
08-23-2008, 03:09 PM

Anybody knows?

It's an American term, or English moreover, it's called a "cash cow" which is a product that generates a huge amount of money, where excess money is used for other business ventures. For example, Microsoft's Windows operating system is a cash cow; the money from that operating system was used on other ventures, such as the XBox, Zune, and whatever else Microsoft sells these days.

And Linux of course is the poor starving penguin looking to get some of that chubby cash. :P
:lol::lol:

Villain
08-23-2008, 03:55 PM

Anybody knows?

Logo isn't made by them, they used TBdev logo.

lysine
08-23-2008, 04:18 PM
For those of you with short memories superseed did all this last year - simply look back at his post history...........

so true...

start here:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-uploaders-wanted-243828/?

superseed101
08-23-2008, 05:25 PM
i was asking for advice and ive got good tips stoi thanks but not were here to stay and will see. constructive criticism at least please. everyone starts somewhere.

Site is offline for everyone but sysop till the coding is complete. Thanks for comments etc..

Weve been taking advice and have been sorting out design including cat icons forum icons and soon to be banners etc...

superseed101
08-24-2008, 02:33 AM
UPDATE Banner has been added aswell as alot alot of security mods and forums revamped.

Trancer
08-25-2008, 12:58 PM
I just signed up :) It looks ok and i wish you good luck.From experience it's hard work to run a tracker etc as there is alot out there.But all the best :)

superseed101
08-25-2008, 04:23 PM
thanks we have over 120 torrents now alot of tv ... design is being added

Lee1
08-25-2008, 07:40 PM
how many users?

superseed101
08-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Registered users 84
Torrents 141
Peers 140
Seeders 140
Leechers 0
Seeder/leecher ratio (%)0

Artemis
08-25-2008, 08:40 PM
More than a banner and other graphical work, you need to get a coder on board to modify the tbdev code, and plug the more obvious security holes.
The site code needs to be hardened against Sql injections.
There are other alternatives to tbdev, gazelle has reached RC1 status, and a member here rvt has coded a private tracker design which requires little code administration. He designed this specifically for small scale trackers. Either way if you are serious about running your tracker this time, you need to focus on security, and also look at hosting your tracker somewhere else than a kimsufi box.

superseed101
08-26-2008, 09:14 AM
We will be moving to leaseweb or prq.se. And the security holes are plugged.

FLEA
08-26-2008, 02:09 PM
signup open?

condom-man
08-26-2008, 02:14 PM
More than a banner and other graphical work, you need to get a coder on board to modify the tbdev code, and plug the more obvious security holes.
The site code needs to be hardened against Sql injections.
There are other alternatives to tbdev, gazelle has reached RC1 status, and a member here rvt has coded a private tracker design which requires little code administration. He designed this specifically for small scale trackers. Either way if you are serious about running your tracker this time, you need to focus on security, and also look at hosting your tracker somewhere else than a kimsufi box.

a vulnerability doesnt always have to be in the "code" :rolleyes: . secure the services too . its really stupid when people talk about security they only talk about the tbdev source code :lol:

Ali-g
08-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Registered users 84
Torrents 141
Peers 140
Seeders 140
Leechers 0
Seeder/leecher ratio (%)0

Good stats for a 5 day opened tracker.

GL anyway

PS: Dont be discouraged even if some ppl here go a bit harsh on u, Im sure they dont mean to. U jst have to be a little more realistic and set real short-term goals, rather than wanting to be the next TL. Remember Accurate work is the key to success ;)

rvt
08-27-2008, 01:28 AM
I knew I'd seen the name before.

So, do you actually own this site or are you playing make believe again?
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-need-server-and-partner-235348/page5

respawn40
08-27-2008, 01:47 AM
I can't even get your site to load -_-

ksauron
08-27-2008, 02:02 AM
keep up ur efforts..
every place has something distinct to offer..try something that would be unique to u..

anyway..i cudnt log on..the site is down i guess..

OTO
08-27-2008, 07:01 AM
@superseed101

Is your site down now?

superseed101
08-27-2008, 07:26 AM
yes the team is working on it and should be back asap

We now have 207 Live torrents :)

Ok our project is over. We now have our new code finished. It will be up today and is a must see ! It is secure as can be and is nice looking etc. It is fully customized and user friendly. This project was started over the debate here. Id like to give one massive thankyou to the users here for the help and support.

Regards Superseed

Another reason for the down time is because of a staff member deleting our databases. All users will have to signup again unfortunately... aswell as because of the new code.. the hackers msn is this email [email protected]. Please note something will be done about this...

danio
08-27-2008, 10:11 AM
yes the team is working on it and should be back asap

We now have 207 Live torrents :)

Ok our project is over. We now have our new code finished. It will be up today and is a must see ! It is secure as can be and is nice looking etc. It is fully customized and user friendly. This project was started over the debate here. Id like to give one massive thankyou to the users here for the help and support.

Regards Superseed

Another reason for the down time is because of a staff member deleting our databases. All users will have to signup again unfortunately... aswell as because of the new code.. the hackers msn is this email [email protected]. Please note something will be done about this...

as secure as can be, eh?

superseed101
08-27-2008, 10:16 AM
The issue has nothing to do with security. It was simply the staff member being a 48 carrot cock. And what.cd was hacked within the first weeks of being up. So yes it is secure as can be.

Xcaliber is now up and running. In terms of design and CSS it needs to be ironed out . To login on in the search box type scenegateway login then click search or hit enter :) Signups will be opened once complete..

OnEyM
08-27-2008, 11:43 AM
<title>S E N E G A T E W A Y</title>

nice

omgwtfbbq
08-27-2008, 12:01 PM
I would appreciate an invite if you have any left

[email protected]

:ermm:

nexztone
08-27-2008, 01:25 PM
it wont ever get secure
you cant blame Waixan For Your Damn Suckish Security
you can blame yourself so Screw You ^^

superseed101
08-27-2008, 02:06 PM
fuck you nex prick.

nexztone
08-27-2008, 02:12 PM
haha fucker ^^
you can't stand for what you have done lol

superseed101
08-27-2008, 02:20 PM
haha 194.110.184.135 (WWW.SAHD.ALAND.FI) nice ip nexztone fancy hacking from that again ?

nexztone
08-27-2008, 02:57 PM
O_O thats the schools ip :P

and im no hacker btw :P
just doing what you deserve
its no worth letting DW pay for SHIT!?!
and it was no meant to delete the db
waixan just slipped when he was fixing
in failed attempts lol

danio
08-27-2008, 03:02 PM
"SceneGateway - Your accesspoint to the scene"

rvt
08-27-2008, 03:13 PM
XSS hackable in at least 2 places, using an SSL certificate issued in 2004, your apache is spitting out way to much information in the server string and your site is accepting easily faked headers for IP addresses.
I haven't even looked for SQL holes.

So that's the "secure as can be" comment dealt with.

I don't know what browser you are using, but your site is lacking a logo and various images in both FF and IE. It's just a black page with some white text.
Certainly not a "must see".

This is just a default tbdev, with your "upgrades" consisting of taking other peoples code from tbdev.net and applying it. That you haven't even applied my and others basic security patches shows that you don't care about security.
If you run off now and find those patches though, be sure to put the tbdev credits back in, wont you?

So, in short:
Don't claim it's all your own work when it's a default tbdev.
If you've hardly changed it at all, leave the credits in.
Stop spouting off about security unless you actually understand security. If you did understand it, you would never claim to be "secure as can be".
Make sure to actually test your designs on different browsers.

Ghost
08-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Change the logo.

I signed up, 17th member... Do I get VIP?
Nothing in the browse...
Nothing here!

Sorry pal :(

nexztone
08-27-2008, 04:30 PM
like i said DW is paying for SHIT

dunson
08-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Fail.

superseed101
08-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Hardly a fail. And actually it is secure and patches have been applie dumbass. And as i said ironing out .

Skiz
08-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Hardly a fail. And actually it is secure and patches have been applie dumbass. And as i said ironing out .

Are you calling rvt a dumbass? I don't that's ever happened. :blink:

Why not try listening to him and let him help you. It isn't like he wrote the code or anything. :whistling

rvt
08-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Let's see if I can explain this to you.

Fail 1) The very old SSl certificate. Looks like it came with XAMPP. As you seem incapable of grasping the basics, anyone with a copy of XAMPP also has a copy of your SSL certificate, and the private key needed to decode the traffic.

In simple terms, this means that your "extreme security" is actually no better than plain text over HTTP. Anyone in the world can decrypt your SSL traffic.

That certificate works fine if it's for testing on localhost (which is who it is issued to), but it is not supposed to be used on the wider internet.

Fail 2) Having written a patch designed to quickly plug XSS holes for tbdev, I think I would know if it was applied. You site will accept XSS attacks in at least 2 places, meaning I can steal cookies from your members.

Fail 3) Having also written a patch to quickly protect against stolen cookies, I can say that you haven't applied it.
Without protection from stolen cookies, I can then access their accounts.

Fail 4) Having further written patches to require the current password on email or password changes, guess what your site is lacking.
So after an attacker steals the cookies from your users, there is nothing to stop him changing their email and password, locking them out permanently.

Fail 5) Having also written a patch to stop users faking their connection IPs completely and easily, I can again say that this is not in place.
As long as I can tell your site that I am actually connecting from the whitehouse, good luck finding out who is attacking you and stealing the accounts of your users. You also cannot block their proxies, as they don't need to use any.
Fixing this is a requirement if you want to fix stolen cookies.

This isn't even touching on what can be done once an attacker steals an admin or sysop account.

If you cannot understand any of the above, then you have no business at all talking about security, let alone claiming to be totally secure.

If you cannot apply security patches to a basic source, you have no business claiming to have written your own custom code. We all know it's tbdev, applying a few patches does not a coder make.

deadalive1
08-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Ouch, that site has more holes in it than Swiss cheese.

nexztone
08-27-2008, 10:38 PM
good tell ^^

DV8type
08-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Wait a second. Your saying:
1. You've already been hacked
2. You have rogue ex-staffers handling the DB (btw, nice job finding trustworthy staff)
3. Your doing a shitty job patching tbdev

Where do i sign up?
:blink:

danio
08-27-2008, 11:38 PM
/me joins the line

pone44
08-28-2008, 04:19 AM
Good luck. :)

Brandon
08-28-2008, 05:55 AM
Wait a second. Your saying:
1. You've already been hacked
2. You have rogue ex-staffers handling the DB (btw, nice job finding trustworthy staff)
3. Your doing a shitty job patching tbdev

Where do i sign up?
:blink:

Sounds leet to me :P

superseed101
08-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Weve generated random ssl keys and now have SSL Encryption. Weve added the patches and have plugged known holes. The site is nearly complete and we will start letting our uploaders get to our previous 207 torrents :) Thanks rvt for the help.

rvt
08-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Not had time to check all, but glad you paid attention.

Try not to mention how "unhackable" you are in future though, because next time it'll probably be someone handing you your ass by sending all your users to a chinese virus site. The mention of how great your security is is like a challenge :P

Now that you've applied those patches, I'd recommend a comb through all your files when you get the time, and make sure that every _POST, _GET and _REQUEST is wrapped in sqlesc() before being sent to the database and htmlentities() before being output to page. It's not quick though, took me 3 days at 24/7 when I opened.
The sqlesc() will keep your database safe, and htmlentities() is the more permanent fix for XSS attacks.

After that, you may want to check out your forums quote function. Can't remember if it's hit tbdev yet, but a bug in there allows reading of staff forums by users. Again, it's not quick to fix, so you may want to ask an experienced coder for help on that.

dunson
08-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Lollercaust

spybot229
08-28-2008, 11:39 AM
nice work rvt

superseed101
08-28-2008, 05:14 PM
We have fixed patches. Thanks rvt. We also have now hired a hire coder to potter with security and general issues. All known anti p2p ips have also been blocked. The server aswell as the site has been through some security updates. So all should be ok now. Thanks rvt again. We also looking for members again and uploads should be back up tommorow.

Regards Superseed

PS If its possible to just forget the past and give me a clean sweep at this id be greatfull.

enviouz
08-28-2008, 09:15 PM
We have fixed patches. Thanks rvt. We also have now hired a hire coder to potter with security and general issues. All known anti p2p ips have also been blocked. The server aswell as the site has been through some security updates. So all should be ok now. Thanks rvt again. We also looking for members again and uploads should be back up tommorow.

Regards Superseed

PS If its possible to just forget the past and give me a clean sweep at this id be greatfull.

whats the deal with it redirecting to some porn site? is this intensional? just thought i would ask incase you werent even aware of this. it redirects to something called "the porn hub" at least it does for me.

KFlint
08-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Now that you've applied those patches, I'd recommend a comb through all your files when you get the time, and make sure that every _POST, _GET and _REQUEST is wrapped in sqlesc() before being sent to the database

that's what makes me so happy to code in ruby on rails from now on...no more php for me (unless i have to support already existing apps), this is so bad having to check it yourself on every database update.

You expose yourself to holes if you let a beginner code something without supervising him enough, no wonder plenty trackers with inexperienced coders get hacked

wonder when the first ruby based tracker will arrive, would have been a good occasion with the new gazelle...:whistling

rvt
08-29-2008, 02:22 AM
Ruby apps can still be hit with SQL injection if not coded properly.
http://www.rorsecurity.info/2007/05/19/sql-injection/

You also still have to manually escape output to avoid XSS issues.

superseed101
08-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes were fixing the issue. Its a matter of time waiting for the domain to refresh. To access the site go to scenegateway.com no www. :)

rvt
08-29-2008, 08:32 PM
KFlint: You might want to check out http://code.google.com/p/hydraproject/
A ROR based tracker. No idea whether it's actually any good though.

Skerven
08-30-2008, 12:14 AM
nice title... he's a foreign, american ethno-centrists... watch out!

superseed101
08-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Uploads are now working and being uploaded enjoy.

superseed101
09-01-2008, 03:25 AM
Need some more suggestions soon will be adding in the switch for ssl...

Ev0
09-02-2008, 02:01 PM
So you found the coder you were looking for on tbdev lol

Hey we have ssl ceritificated generated by xampp of course but i want a coder who can code it properly like what.cds ssl and waffles.fm so that you can turn it on or off. Maybe even this for a mod for everyone to use ! Post here if you can help thanks

Lee1
09-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Lol crap site!!!

superseed101
09-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Yes as i was saying that was for the ssl and security. Fuck Sake is the whole world against us ?

Disme
09-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Fuck Sake is the whole world against us ?

NO!

Just listen to people like rvt, Brandon, DV8 and other well-known respect names in BT and those actually giving you advice. :yup:

Ignore the rest of the (f)lamers. They can only do namecalling because they don't know the first thing about coding or the 'inside' of a tracker, but they think it is l33t to bash new trackers where access is easy. They rather try to get into the 'rare' trackers that do not want them. :noes:

CPC464
09-04-2008, 08:15 PM
i signed up,

i will wait and see. good luck. hope you prove all the know it alls wrong

Lee1
09-04-2008, 08:48 PM
im embarassed to have an account on that site.

seedman
09-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Good luck dude, it's a hard world to try to startup a tracker in now.

superseed101
09-08-2008, 09:33 AM
LEE1 Fuck off cunt.

whats your account ill delete it then !

dafunks
09-08-2008, 12:48 PM
You will have your work cut out for you, that's for sure. Regardless, good luck.

ftnftw
09-08-2008, 12:58 PM
LEE1 Fuck off cunt.

You're a real people person.

superseed101
09-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Hes a twat thats why. And we may be shutting down scenegateway.com. And come back under a new name with new Source everything !

Polarbear
09-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Hes a twat thats why. And we may be shutting down scenegateway.com. And come back under a new name with new Source everything !

that's gonna be a sensational comeback and a great success. you know your job, sysop!

superseed101
09-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Seriously ? Thanks

integral
09-09-2008, 10:28 AM
SceneGateway (R.I.P.)
August 21, 2008 - September 9, 2008

SceneGateway had an astounding lifeline; it lasted well over ten whole days. The untimely demise of such a prolific tracker has put an irrefutable gaping hole in the torrent community, but hopefully we can all pull together and make it through. You will be well-remembered and missed dearly.

danio
09-09-2008, 10:29 AM
SceneGateway (R.I.P.)
August 21, 2008 - September 9, 2008

SceneGateway had an astounding lifeline; it lasted well over ten whole days. The untimely demise of such a prolific tracker has put an irrefutable gaping hole in the torrent community, but hopefully we can all pull together and make it through. You will be well-remembered and missed dearly.

Question is, did it last longer than last time? is he making progress?

superseed101
09-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Actually we are. Much progress. Considering all the the stuff said. The new site is going to have fresh design secure. and very good uploads. We now have 3 seedboxes and 2 bots to upload xxx and tv :)

Lee1
09-09-2008, 10:36 AM
LEE1 Fuck off cunt.

What does "fuck off cunt" mean ?
See when you address me, speak properly so I can understand you.

superseed101
09-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Address you lol your a nothing prick

Lee1
09-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Address you lol your a nothing prick
LOL,

"your a nothing prick" what the fuck does that mean ?

superseed101
09-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Learn to read then !

rvt
09-09-2008, 11:14 AM
What does "fuck off cunt" mean ?

Fuck off: To go to hell, to disappear, go away or to screw oneself; To annoy, irritate; To fritter; to fuck around; Go away! Get lost!; Expression of disagreement or disbelief.

Cunt: The female genitalia, especially the vulva; An extremely unpleasant or objectionable person (in US, especially a woman; in UK or Ireland, more usually a man);

So, he's calling you a cunt and telling you to fuck off.

More English 101 tommorow night. Stay tuned! :P

Lee1
09-09-2008, 11:14 AM
@superseed
English isn't your primary language is it ?

superseed101
09-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Is actually. Says you . who cant read