PDA

View Full Version : Seinfeld to be pitchman for Microsoft

peat moss
08-21-2008, 10:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Seinfield.jpgNEW YORK (AP) — "Junior Mints, Yoo-hoo, Drake's Coffee Cakes, puffy shirts: These are all things Jerry Seinfeld has endorsed — at least in his alter ego on his classic sitcom. Now, add Microsoft software.

Seinfeld will be a key pitchman in a planned $300 million fall advertising campaign for the software giant, a person familiar with the plans confirmed to The Associated Press on condition on anonymity because the deal has not been formally announced.

The Wall Street Journal first reported the plans. Citing people close to the situation, it reported the comedian will be paid $10 million for appearing in ads with Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates.

It's Microsoft's latest move to try to capture some of the cool quotient that rival Apple has appeared to win so effortlessly."

:source: Source: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gIiC0f4ECVVPCVVRQexjLv6ldVtwD92MTGMO1

Appzalien
08-22-2008, 02:39 AM
God! I hate Seinfeld, I've hated his brand of comedy from the begining when he first got on the Tonight Show. I couldn't stand that creepy show of his with the annoying off rhythmic musical bass beats in the background, and his all hebrew cast (none of whom were funny from the get go except maybe the big fat guy who ended up in Jurassic Park).

How in the heck is using an annoying and humorless jewish guy going to get people like me to buy Vista? All they're really going to do is give him more money for nothing like he got from that piece of scat show of his.

Ain't life grand, for some anyway!

WHiKWiRE
08-22-2008, 05:27 AM
awesome stuff i remember his american express commercials with superman being hilarious

NA_Magus
08-22-2008, 05:57 AM
God! I hate Seinfeld, I've hated his brand of comedy from the begining when he first got on the Tonight Show. I couldn't stand that creepy show of his with the annoying off rhythmic musical bass beats in the background, and his all hebrew cast (none of whom were funny from the get go except maybe the big fat guy who ended up in Jurassic Park).

How in the heck is using an annoying and humorless jewish guy going to get people like me to buy Vista? All they're really going to do is give him more money for nothing like he got from that piece of scat show of his.

Ain't life grand, for some anyway!

I think I'm sensing some antisemitism but I guess that's another issue.

Anyway, so what's the deal the with airline food?

Arie
08-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Heh, well I only know Seinfeld of the show, and that was one of the best.

peat moss
08-22-2008, 09:43 PM
I thought it was funny , remember the Stones selling out with Win95 and Start Me Up ? Good marketing I think .

killuminati96
08-23-2008, 12:08 AM
sienfeld & vista suck :wacko:

tmjam2002
08-24-2008, 04:57 AM
Lol trust me he's better then most of you n00bs here who think they can do anything. Atleast he makes millions of $$ doing stuff he's famous for. No one knows your asses. And guess what no one cares.

reynen
08-24-2008, 02:24 PM
at least he's doing better than Kramer (Michael Richards)...

WHiKWiRE
08-24-2008, 11:00 PM
at least he's doing better than Kramer (Michael Richards)...

despite the racist comment i still love him

Appzalien
08-25-2008, 01:15 AM
You guys are creeping me out! It just goes to show that people have no sense of whats good and what sucks. Just like people with no ear for music will listen to some off key moron on the college stations and call in about how great they are, when to anyone with even a little musical sense can hear how bad it is.

You gys are creeping me out! I guess it just goes to show that there are some people who don't know whats funny and whats not. Just as people with no ear for music will listen to an off key symphony and say its great. If people tell you over and over that its good (the producers of the show) pretty soon you start to believe the hype.

No wonder, it ended up on page 2 and I started out on page 1, I never saw the post get entered.

Marl2
08-25-2008, 03:06 AM
Bill Gates and Microsoft were never "Cool". They just are. Not even Sienfield can make Microsoft cool.

Skerven
08-27-2008, 01:42 AM
:fear:

IdolEyes787
08-27-2008, 03:12 AM
Seinfeld was a great show.
Seinfeld the comedian not so much so.
Seinfeld's relevance to today's youth market probably less still.

And the true irony of the story is that Jerry had an Apple prominently displayed in his apartment.
What's up with that?

The Flying Cow
08-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Smells like under-the-table deals and back-alley backstabbings to me.

The usual Microshit crap.

twist off
09-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Awful commercial... Makes me hate Vista even more.