PDA

View Full Version : Sct bday!

WarrenBuffet
08-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Well as some of you may have heard it's our birthday soon (2008-08-27 to be precise)

We like to think that over the past 3 years we've offered you guys quite a lot, whether it be in terms of torrent variety, pre-times, fun on IRC or just useful advice in the forums once in a while.

Seeing as we're always making things for you guys we thought it's about time you guys made something for us in return...

It's our Birthday, and we like cake, in fact...we love cake. So what better way to show your appreciation by making ScT a Birthday Cake! http://www.scenetorrents.org/pic/smilies/cake.gif

ScT Birthday Cake Competition

Aim: To make ScT a birthday cake. Preferably from scratch.

Rules: The cake must have the letters ScT or the ScT logo (http://www.scenetorrents.org/pic/star.gif) on it somewhere, preferably with icing, hundreds-and-thousands, candles, cream or the cake could be shaped in the form of the letters/logo.

The letters or logo can NOT be added using paper (even rice paper), as this requires absolutely no effort and is lazy.

Guidelines: The ScT forums aren't plain white and boring, so don't make the cake plain white and boring either! Throw in some blue and yellow, make it clear from a distance that it's an ScT cake.

If you're cuisine skills are limited to microwave meals then get someone to help you (perhaps...let me word this correctly..'someone of the opposite sex who might be more familiar to baking'?)

Prizes: Everybody entering will be given 100GB as long as they enter a reasonable entry. http://www.scenetorrents.org/pic/smilies/thumbsup.gif By this we mean you must have spent over 1 hour making the cake and decorating it appropriately! You don't want us crying at our own party do you??
If the cake is simply store-bought with some whipped cream slapped on top in the shape of ScT then you will receive NOTHING.
Staff have the right to not issue you a prize if your cake looks terrible.

We will require a photo of the cake, and preferably ones of it being made too (they might help you win the top prize if they show you went to a lot of effort)

Further prizes will also be given to the best entries;
1st Prize: 750GB and 3 invites http://www.scenetorrents.org/pic/smilies/w00t.gif
2nd Prize: 500GB and 2 invites
3rd Prize: 250GB and 1 invite

These will be decided by the users in a poll of 10-20 entries (hand-picked by the staff), and will be decided by; use of colour, novelty value, creativity, effort and overall presentation.

The aim of this competition is not just for you all to have a chance of winning some GBs and invites for your accounts here, but for all members to have a competition slightly different to normal that encourages users to not just sit in front of their screen all day. Hopefully for most it'll be something fun and competitive, and fingers crossed you'll even have a tasty cake at the end of it to eat!

Please read the ScT Birthday Competition - Photos thread before reading this one!

Right, you've made us guys at ScT a nice birthday cake, good start.

But what have you go to show us? A boring photo on a forum? Hardly the best birthday present we're gonna get is it...

Time to show some more appreciation!

ScT "Happy Birthday To You" Competition
http://www.scenetorrents.org/pic/smilies/hbd.gif

Aim: To get as many people as possible singing 'Happy Birthday To You' to ScT at the same time in the same place

Rules: Have the birthday cake present and get as many people in the room (or outside?) to sing "Happy Birthday To You, Happy Birthday To You, Happy Birthday Dear ScT, Happy Birthday To You!" at the same time.

Guidelines: A video will obviously be required, showing the cake and all the people. It will require audio (obviously!) so we can hear everyone singing too.

We suggest you let everyone see the cake and/or tell them it's ScT's birthday before they start singing, otherwise they'll sing "....Happy Birthday Dear...err...??...."

Prizes: For everybody entering they will get 250GB. http://www.scenetorrents.org/pic/smilies/uber.gif

Further prizes will be awarded on the amount of people singing. Yep, this will be judged solely on the amount of people. You can have 5 dancing clowns singing and you'll still lose to anyone with 6 or more people!

1st Prize: 750GB and 3 invites http://www.scenetorrents.org/pic/smilies/w00t.gif
2nd Prize: 500GB and 2 invites
3rd Prize: 250GB and 1 invite

Novelty points might also be awarded to anyone who does this in; a crowded restaurant, a busy supermarket (over the loudspeakers?), a library (sung very loudly), a football match or any other place the Staff find amusing. http://www.scenetorrents.org/pic/smilies/laugh.gif

respawn40
08-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Hm, interesting.

WarrenBuffet
08-22-2008, 08:29 PM
and why do you post this here ?
I'll kill you.

becomehokage
08-22-2008, 08:29 PM
I'll kill you.wahahahahah

Sweetiepie
08-22-2008, 08:32 PM

You're a f**king pain in the ass PunX. Do you have to ruin every single thread at the forum. :frusty::frusty::frusty:

apextwin146
08-22-2008, 08:37 PM
thanks
you are welcome for ur immensely helpfull contributions ..
But i too wanna know y ppl post forums content here ..
Every ScT member would abt this and non ScT members can do shit abt it ..

danio
08-22-2008, 08:43 PM
he's right though.

i don't see the point in pasting news info from sites here. if you are a member, you can access the info on the site and if you're not a member, you have no use of the information anyways. completely pointless

edit: i guess i came in second place saying this.. so "+1" to the previous poster :P

WarrenBuffet
08-22-2008, 08:44 PM
thanks

You know what?! cuz frankly im sick of ppl requesting trackers based on level shit. At least this way, people can see what the ACTUAL COMMUNITY really is. This helps non members formulate ideas of what tracker they would actually LIKE to be apart of instead of seeing it for some value to trade later. Showing fun announcements like this on various trackers is beneficial imo and doesn't hurt the site at all.
Plus, In case you haven't read the other thread, about half of the users apparently bookmark their sites on the browse page and never go to the home page. This way they can get the news.

db_la_23
08-22-2008, 08:55 PM
happy b/day sct

apextwin146
08-22-2008, 08:58 PM

You know what?! cuz frankly im sick of ppl requesting trackers based on level shit. At least this way, people can see what the ACTUAL COMMUNITY really is. This helps non members formulate ideas of what tracker they would actually LIKE to be apart of instead of seeing it for some value to trade later. Showing fun announcements like this on various trackers is beneficial imo and doesn't hurt the site at all.
Plus, In case you haven't read the other thread, about half of the users apparently bookmark their sites on the browse page and never go to the home page. This way they can get the news.
IF they cared about the news they wudnt have just bookmarked the browse page ..
Firstly i was not flaming you but merely questioning the intent .. Its not wise to take every post on interweb as a personal insult..
Secondly how many users do u think actually give a damn about the community .. Half of the users trade their account to get something else or buy invites to gain entrance to some other tracker ..
Just to make it clear i dont think ppl who post what was the last movie you watched etc topics are contributing to the community .. Thats just shit .
Evrything aside how many ppl do u hink are gonna actually bake a cake ... the ones that are really concerned or trolls who post inane topics as previously mentioned ..
To conclude there are people who just join tracker for its content ...
Some ppl just dont want socialize on the interweb and have different means of achieving the same which doesnt make them any different
A good community is always a Bonus no doubt ..
Oh Bty in case ur sentiments are hurt .. Happy Birthday ScT (Also on behalf of users who didnt do anything to keep the Tracker running apart from just Downloading torrents and building up a ratio )

Sweetiepie
08-22-2008, 09:03 PM

You're so right !! :yup:.

AND - Instead of just follow the "Tracker-rating" you can actually make your on opinion when you get some inside stuffs posted here. Just be happy that someone gives you the secrets of some trackers instead of just be f**king jealous that someone succes better in the tracker world than you !

Feel free to critise, but thats my opinion !

/ "Sweetiepie"

:wub:

Eargasm
08-22-2008, 09:13 PM
This should be a piece of cake! Hahaha - except I'm the world's worst baker. The closest I've come is that I did a stint in a donut shop once - for about 1 week. Didn't do too well their either. I also made brownies from mix a couple times.

apextwin146
08-22-2008, 09:13 PM

AND - Instead of just follow the "Tracker-rating" you can actually make your on opinion when you get some inside stuffs posted here. Just be happy that someone gives you the secrets of some trackers instead of just be f**king jealous that someone succes better in the tracker world than you !

/ "Sweetiepie"

Hows it a secret if it fcking posted on FST ..
Man u take the interweb way too seriously if u think someone is gonna be jealous ..

apextwin146
08-22-2008, 09:17 PM
for some attention whores ..

dunson
08-22-2008, 09:19 PM
<3 Feeling & the gang for the video idea, which is too out there for me but should be fun

Sweetiepie
08-22-2008, 09:19 PM

/ "Sweetiepie"

Man u take the interweb way too seriously if u think someone is gonna be jealous ..

Can you then tell my why near everyone wants "the rabbit", "the wheel", FTN and so on ?. Can it be cause they are high-level trackers ?. Don't think they have much faster PRE-times then ScT. or ?!

integral
08-22-2008, 09:22 PM
ScT has some decent users. But most of them are 14 year old kids, or the juvenile, immature equivalent. So the forums are inherently filled with kiddie flame threads, drama wars, and decent hijacked threads that don't really bother to get closed, or are filled with spamages. They're almost like 4chan on sedatives.

But all that aside, I think it's a good idea. I may submit an entry. :D

apextwin146
08-22-2008, 09:23 PM

Can you then tell my why near everyone wants "the rabbit", "the wheel", FTN and so on ?. Can it be cause they are high-level trackers ?. Don't think they have much faster PRE-times then ScT. or ?!
No cuz i dont go around asking ppl ..
Make a thread/poll and find it out urself ...
Dont deviate if u dnt have appropriate answers

dunson
08-22-2008, 09:24 PM
ScT has some decent users. But most of them are 14 year old kids, or the juvenile, immature equivalent. So the forums are inherently filled with kiddie flame threads, drama wars, and decent hijacked threads that don't really bother to get closed, or are filled with spamages. They're almost like 4chan on sedatives.

Sure, the links section is a bit juvenile, but, post a technical question and get expert advice...

Eargasm
08-22-2008, 09:25 PM

I think a lot of people want FTN because there is no ratio and supposedly it's a tight knit community where everybody is happy and singing songs about harmony and goodwill. It's the Shangrila of trackers. In general though, people just want what they can't have.

integral
08-22-2008, 09:29 PM

Sure, the links section is a bit juvenile, but, post a technical question and get expert advice...

Yeah sure, expert advice ranging from "read the fucking manual" to "justfuckinggoogleit" I'm sure.

Just for a laugh I went to find the first shitty thread I could find, I was going to be unbiased and lenient too!

/forums_viewtopic.php?id=18062

Some forums just suck.

I think a lot of people want FTN because there is no ratio and supposedly it's a tight knit community where everybody is happy and singing songs about harmony and goodwill. It's the Shangrila of trackers. In general though, people just want what they can't have.

I'll agree with that last sentence. I doubt any trader cares about a tight knit community, they just want to increase their e-tracker net worth.

The point of highly selective trackers where invites are given out sparsely is to keep out cheaters, burdens, non-sharers, traders, trolls, and other unsavory Internet characters; at least that's how I see it, and probably a lot of other people too.

Eargasm
08-22-2008, 09:40 PM

I'll agree with that last sentence. I doubt any trader cares about a tight knit community, they just want to increase their e-tracker net worth.

The point of highly selective trackers where invites are given out sparsely is to keep out cheaters, burdens, non-sharers, traders, trolls, and other unsavory Internet characters; at least that's how I see it, and probably a lot of other people too.

Just because someone wants into those trackers doesn't mean they are a trader, cheater, etc. :dry:

dunson
08-22-2008, 10:20 PM

Yeah sure, expert advice ranging from "read the fucking manual" to "justfuckinggoogleit" I'm sure.

Just for a laugh I went to find the first shitty thread I could find, I was going to be unbiased and lenient too!

Some forums just suck.

Horrible example. Many tracker staff would answer questions just like that.

But it doesn't matter, this is irrelevant to the thread whatever.
Happy Bday SCT!

milkshake48
08-22-2008, 11:30 PM
This thread is completely pointless. Why tell a bunch of invite begging retards about something that doesn't apply in the slightest bit to them. Sure, maybe a few people here have accounts on ScT, but they would know about the news themselves. If you bring up some shitty "ohhh but they bookmark browse.php" argument, then that's irrelevant because obviously that person wouldn't be someone involved in the community anyways. If they cared about the site then they would realize there's a competition going on, they don't need to read the tracker's news on FST.

Some forums just suck.

That is a horrible, horrible example. Similar questions get asked over and over and the answer has always been no (because obviously why would a scene tracker have a documentary category, when there's no such scene category as "documentary". they fit into XViD). Why keep a thread open when the answer is going to be the same regardless. Maybe you should think before you start crying about things here.

integral
08-22-2008, 11:56 PM
This thread is completely pointless. Why tell a bunch of invite begging retards about something that doesn't apply in the slightest bit to them. Sure, maybe a few people here have accounts on ScT, but they would know about the news themselves. If you bring up some shitty "ohhh but they bookmark browse.php" argument, then that's irrelevant because obviously that person wouldn't be someone involved in the community anyways. If they cared about the site then they would realize there's a competition going on, they don't need to read the tracker's news on FST.

Some forums just suck.

That is a horrible, horrible example. Similar questions get asked over and over and the answer has always been no (because obviously why would a scene tracker have a documentary category, when there's no such scene category as "documentary". they fit into XViD). Why keep a thread open when the answer is going to be the same regardless. Maybe you should think before you start crying about things here.

No one's crying about anything. It's just an example of how the forums are completely unfriendly. Not my fault if you can't decipher that, but we all can't be so lucky. :shifty: You can defend the forums until you're blue in the face, but in the end you're just lying to yourself. Don't live in denial! :lol:

Eargasm
08-23-2008, 12:04 AM
No one's crying about anything. It's just an example of how the forums are completely unfriendly. Not my fault if you can't decipher that, but we all can't be so lucky. :shifty: You can defend the forums until you're blue in the face, but in the end you're just lying to yourself. Don't live in denial! :lol:

What was unfriendly about it? The only thing about that post that I could see as even mildly unfriendly is the emoticon. :angel_not

Shno
08-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Wow, there are a lot of angry people in here... Anyways,

:yay:Happy birthday ScT!:yay:

So I'm assuming non-members can't enter right? That would be too bad, because one of my roommates is a :chef: and can make wicked cakes. Sigh.

killercam101
08-23-2008, 12:57 AM
I'm doing it for the 100gb ...I've already started

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/45618835_d70b332438.jpg

integral
08-23-2008, 01:02 AM

phlamboyant phallus, how fitting. :D Happy birthday sct!!

roderick
08-23-2008, 03:00 AM
How about giving us all an invite on the birthday, don't care about members who make a cake.

chamaeleo
08-23-2008, 03:20 AM
I
bet you'd get an invite if you made a cake.

Happy birthday guys and girls:) what a competition! bake a cake and eat it too!

Eargasm
08-23-2008, 03:39 AM

phlamboyant phallus, how fitting. :D Happy birthday sct!!

I
bet you'd get an invite if you made a cake.

Happy birthday guys and girls:) what a competition! bake a cake and eat it too!

You heard em' integral & killercam101, eat your cake! :geptard:

yakz091
08-23-2008, 06:15 AM
great competition.GL
Happy bd sct.

Swift
08-23-2008, 07:34 AM
How about giving us all an invite on the birthday, don't care about members who make a cake.

how about you STFU:D ?

C-mos
08-23-2008, 07:51 AM
roderick ,you should what Tudor say :STFU !!

why should they give all invites ??
you want to trade for it ?:)

jeeze I can't believe how dum is roderick

DuDutchy
08-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Usually, when a ScT thread popped up everyone hyped up the site soo much. It was fucking great, top notch, everything was perfect.
Now, when a ScT thread pops up, everyone is complaining about ScT.

ScT is the best tracker content-wise and speed-wise. If you don't like the forum, don't use it.

The Flying Cow
08-23-2008, 11:34 AM

Well I wouldn't call it the sole "Changrila" as you so eloquently put it, but I'll admit it is a bit like Pied Piper and the Children of the Village innit.

Jesters singing their tunes and making music while the rest of us dance the jig.

People want The Rabbit (just watched the Matrix yesterday and it reminded me of that tracker ^^) because it's all topsy kretts and that. Hush hush to the max.

The wheel originated in ancient Mesopotamia in the 5th millennium BC (Ubaid period). It is regarded by most authorities as one of the oldest and most important inventions.

Emad1129
08-23-2008, 02:35 PM
meybe get invites but onyly ScT Seed Whores one invite;)

deadalive1
08-23-2008, 04:54 PM
The staff is right, members always expect something. How about giving something to them instead of expecting something for yourselves.

Feeling
08-23-2008, 04:58 PM

How about no?

(repost due to trigger happy mods deleting posts)

WarrenBuffet
08-23-2008, 05:26 PM

How about no?

(repost due to trigger happy mods deleting posts)

Is that your cat?

tase
08-24-2008, 01:05 AM
their birthday cake competitions are pretty cool :)

alcoholik
08-24-2008, 01:44 PM
their birthday cake competitions are pretty cool :)

yeah :D i'm baking a cake right now ;)

RedRansom
08-24-2008, 02:12 PM
I prefer to watch a kissing video who kissing a girl with sct logo on her cheek ...
This competition should be too :P
About birthday look like there is a good organization and congratz too all staff and members...

kuracat
08-24-2008, 04:42 PM
time to bake some cake :lol:

SgtMajor
08-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Don't bother reading or replying cos I'm banned, again

Oh noes, Zaa is banned, prob have more time for chess now then? :P

_coder_
08-24-2008, 10:58 PM
The staff is right, members always expect something. How about giving something to them instead of expecting something for yourselves.

Not really.

Without its users and uploaders ScT wouldn't be where it is right now. Its the users that seed day and night to keep the torrents alive. Its the uploaders which spend money on seedboxes to give you those amazing speeds. The staff just feed off your donations now is that not a big enough birthday present for them.