daemon tools lite

or

daemon tools pro

what is the different features between them

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

need some expert advices ;)

peat moss
08-23-2008, 07:54 AM
I hate these programs , always seem to fuck up my drive letters . I use UltraIso for the few times I need it .

What are you trying to do Dr . ? I'm thinking if not paying for a program I'm getting the "Pro " one . :D

dr jones
08-23-2008, 08:55 AM
I hate these programs , always seem to fuck up my drive letters . I use UltraIso for the few times I need it .

What are you trying to do Dr . ? I'm thinking if not paying for a program I'm getting the "Pro " one . :D

why would i pay for a software when you can get it for free(bt) :P

i just downloaded some game,but i dont want to burn them on to dvd,people say you need a virtual cd/dvd-rom emulator to get it going if you are not going to burn them,and i heard daamon tools was the best,but it has 2 version,a lite and a pro,and i heard they have different features,just want to ask people who have use them or are using them now,which one i should get ;)

yevgeny
08-23-2008, 09:27 AM
it depends what you want to do with any given application, ive never had a need for daemon tools- i seem to get by with dvd decrypter and magic iso (it has a free add in that lets you mount/unmount quickly)

peat moss
08-23-2008, 09:59 AM
it depends what you want to do with any given application, ive never had a need for daemon tools- i seem to get by with dvd decrypter and magic iso (it has a free add in that lets you mount/unmount quickly)

That makes more sence as I use DVD shrink and Dvd Encripter , while not forgetting DVD Santa for movies . Its just interesting to know what one is trying to do before commenting . Never had a problem with UltraIso mounting a game or finding the crack Nfo .

saulin
08-24-2008, 01:08 AM
I use Daemon tools a lot. It is super useful when you have ISOs on your computer and you want to install without burning the stuff. Or for mountg ISOs from consoles and playing them through emulators. I use the Lite version and it works just fine. It's also very useful when you get an image in a weird format that your burner software does not recognize.

pifpaf
08-24-2008, 01:42 AM
daemon tools lite... cause its perfect for me and its free.

db_la_23
08-24-2008, 01:58 AM
i use poweriso its also good

OTO
08-24-2008, 09:47 AM

Software is like sex. it's better when it's free, yeah? :lol:

dr jones
08-24-2008, 09:54 AM

Software is like sex. it's better when it's free, yeah? :lol:

dam,you read my mind :lol:

Appzalien
08-24-2008, 03:24 PM
First of all avoid using poweriso or magiciso as they are proprietary programs that create .daa and .uif files respectively. Its ok if you use it only for yourself as a leecher but if you share, do you really want to force people to download or pay for poweriso or magiciso? I don't think so. Ultraiso is the way to go, it will open all types of images and save them into any type you want, except its not allowed to open .daa or .uif files, why? because poweriso and magiciso makers want to force you to buy their program. What a crock!

Now to the meat:
Daemon tools lite is a basic virtual drive that can emulate several types of protections to fool programs into installing even though the real disk is not there. Daemon tools Pro has all the functions of lite but it can also create, edit and burn iso's as well. If you already have Nero burning rom and Ultraiso (or the crap ones) you don't need PRO. During installation of Daemon Tools take the custom install route and make sure you uncheck all the ad type crap it wants to install. I would rather send them $10 and have a clean install than to put up with tool bars I don't want or need. To support Daemon Tools, when your on their site, click away at the ads to make them some money, its only fair. As a matter of fact I think I'll go there now, check the latest version and click some ads to make them a buck.

peat moss
08-27-2008, 02:42 AM
It funny but I d/l a cracked game called Beijing Olympics 2008 by EA and it call's for Daemon tools pro or lite to mount and play . I just got on Monday , haven't tried the other programs but made me wonder if it was because its packaged with Daemon like PowerIso and the dreaded DAA files ?

Appzalien
08-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Actually if they recommend daemon tools then it can't be the dreaded poweriso because again, the PowerIso company will not allow daemon tools to open its images, you have to use Poweriso to open or mount a daa file. Actually thats not really true anymore, I found a few files that convert daa and uif to iso. They are everything poweriso and magiciso hate but I love'em. All you have to do is search for "daa2iso" or "uif2iso" and look for the w-shadow web site link.

Incidently, about your comment with the drive letters and daemon tools. When I first started using virtual drives I did notice that they worked better when they were the first drive letter after the hard drives. So I got into the habit of naming my rom drives with a letter that describes them, L lite-on - P plextor - S sony, and I used R for a dvd player only. and if I had two lite-ons in the same machine the master was L and the slave M (two plextors or a pioneer and plextor on the same machine P and Q). That always left the next drive letter after the hard drives open for Daemon Tools or whatever V drive I was using at the time (I think it was actually alcohol 120% that was giving me problems when it wasn't the primary lettered drive, I don't use it much anymore).

Dominiko
08-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Deamon Tools Pro also allow simulation of IDE Devices, not only SCSI. This can fool some game protections...

Edit: I think this is great tool and very useful for everyone. You can mount software, movies, no need to change physical media over and over again.

snakebite
08-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Yep I am total with pifpaf on this one Lite it works fabulous and it great and have not worries with it.

strjms72
09-01-2008, 02:41 PM
I use the lite version too, and it's great, I don't think the pro version is necessary for what you want to do

carnas
09-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Lite works a treat for me. Most modern protections are pretty hard to emulate anyway, easier to use a no-cd crack.

Seedright
09-13-2008, 03:13 PM
I have always used the Free version and works very well. At any moment I thought of paying for the Pro

nadeem111as
09-14-2008, 07:41 PM
well i liked the lite less complex less bugs less errors since pro one has many errors