PDA

View Full Version : Have 4 IP addresses in seedbox, but always displays only 1 IP address

fstokebanget
08-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi all,
I have this little problem when using OVH seedbox...
When I used to use hosting-ie, they gave me 4 different ip address, and all of the ip address was working fine, whenever I connect to the tracker from IP address A then it displays IP address A, from IP address B then it displays IP address B, etc.

But when I use OVH, I put the same setting for /etc/networking/interfaces in Debian. But from whatever IP address I connect, it always displays the main IP address (eth0)

How can I fix this ? Please help me...

Which trackers do allow several passkey connect from one IP address ?

Thanks a lot guys....

a.microsoft
08-23-2008, 05:59 PM
you need to request them from ovh. its called ip fail over in ovh manager.

ovh have to do each ip manually, and you can only request one IP at a time. I've been waiting 4 days for my 3rd ip.

fstokebanget
08-23-2008, 06:11 PM
yes, I requested it and already got 2 additional ip address, I put in /etc/network/interfaces... the 2 ip's up, but whenever I try to connect to the tracker it always detect the main ip

kross
08-24-2008, 07:59 AM
It's not magic.
You need to set up your firewall (to edit packets on-the-fly) or your bt client (to report a specific IP address to the trackers). Otherwise, you'll only report the default ip address.

fstokebanget
08-24-2008, 04:27 PM
well, could you be more specific ? Cause I don't think activate the firewall would be the answer

puckface
08-24-2008, 06:01 PM
go here: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-seedbox-discussion-154/t-naqs-complete-setup-guide-linux-seedboxes-fedora-corecentosdebianubuntu-281331/? and scroll to "Configure Multiple IP Addresses"

done.

EDIT: oh yeah, and you're welcome