PDA

View Full Version : miliitary scifi book

bornwithnoname
08-24-2008, 12:18 AM
I am looking for miliitary scifi books. I have read The lost fleet series and The starship series.

crabmed
09-02-2008, 05:47 AM
Do you have a specific book in mind that you are looking for? I might have it. :whistling

wmrawls
09-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Baen.com has a large collection.
Some free.
My favorites are David Webber, John Ringo, S.M Stirling, Saberhagen, Frankowski, Pournelle,I can point you to some sites that have them posted if you PM me.

crabmed
09-03-2008, 08:17 AM
61st post

I'm not into military sci-fi but I love books about the army like W.E.B Griffin's Brotherhood of War series. :yup:

bornwithnoname
09-05-2008, 12:55 AM
61st post

I'm not into military sci-fi but I love books about the army like W.E.B Griffin's Brotherhood of War series. :yup:

I have not read the botherhood series, but I have read the corps, presidential agent, the OSS series. There are awesome.

No I dont have a title in mind. I am looking for recommendations:)

crabmed
09-09-2008, 10:06 AM
62nd post

61st post

I have not read the botherhood series, but I have read the corps, presidential agent, the OSS series. There are awesome.

No I dont have a title in mind. I am looking for recommendations:)

Wow..I haven't read those books. I want to read Honor Bound Series of Griffin but I can't find paperback in bookstores. :cry:

I can't recommend military sci-fi as I haven't read any of them. :fst:

bornwithnoname
09-12-2008, 01:15 AM
I listen to them as audiobooks while I am on the road

Xapsa
09-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Check out Ender's Game

bornwithnoname
09-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Check out Ender's Game

I guess I should have mentioned that one. I have read all of the ender /bean books.

JGB
09-20-2008, 07:47 PM
If you happened to end up on the pirate bay and in the ebooks section and you searched sci-fi and sorted by size, you might find a big enough library as a single file to keep you happy for quite a while;)
I haven't actually downloaded anything but I did see it there, IIRC it was about 8.5 gigs:P

Also, Baen has a ton of free Ebooks as mentioned, I would recommend grabbing all of them, they are sized properly for ebook readers and good with proper covers and proofreading and such which a lot of the "free" books are sadly lacking.

many of them are military Sci-Fi, good ones are the Hammer Slammers series and Lt Leary series and any of the ones by Andre Norton.
a google for free baen ebooks will bring up a list of all of them.
Most are good, and they seem to offer a whole series often rather then just the usual first book is free crap.
And the formats are nice too, with a nice cover and everything.

EDIT: http://www.bonham.net.nz/SF/Baen/WS/ws_books_dl.html

There is a complete list of the ebooks in any format.

I used DownthemAll in firefox and had it try every .LRF link, then save them to a folder.
worked great:)