PDA

View Full Version : Olympics has come to a close

wazza100
08-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Its finally over. What'd u guys think. I thoroughly enjoyed this time's olympics far more than ones previously held. Sydney was pretty sweet but this one was awesome, may have been due to the fact that so many Wrecs were broken but I truly enjoyed this one. 4 years till London, may have to do a backpacking trip for that one in 2012.

Usain bolt ftw and Michael Phelps securing 8 were the two standouts for me.

Kinda feels weird not having anything decent to watch on tv for a while.

Skiz
08-24-2008, 02:58 PM
The best part for me was being able to lay in bed at night and watch great competitions. Seeing as there was a 12 hour time difference, I had sports to watch from 9 PM until I dozed off. :01:

PlayeR
08-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Man, Why does it end so soon?
I still want to see more competition..
Phelps was Awesome..8 golds? never heard of that before

puckface
08-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Well if you're from the US, you must admit that the NBC announcers and coverage were horrid to put it mildly. Other than that fact, the Jamaican track team was amazing.

Mr JP Fugley
08-24-2008, 05:19 PM
BBC coverage was excellent as usual. With the option of multi screen or 5 different things to watch most of the time. Excellent presenter and commentators.

Nothing badly done that I can think of.

Skiz
08-24-2008, 05:36 PM
I'll have to tune in to BBC in the future, then.

Mr JP Fugley
08-24-2008, 05:43 PM
http://www.bbcamerica.com/

Biggles
08-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Thought the glowing bike things in the closing ceremony were ace.

I have reservations about the London Olympics. Was in London on Friday stuck in the Docklands Airport for 3 fecking hours because our plane had been sent to Southend (it was too busy over London apparament). We only found out after a bit of verbal with BA desk because the tannoy was broken. Still - four years to fix stuff. Boris says it will be under budget too. :unsure:

Mr JP Fugley
08-24-2008, 09:13 PM
He's a fucking embarrassment.

The Flying Cow
08-24-2008, 09:32 PM
It was good fun watching those crazy pool-dive competitions.

Some crazy jumps on that one. Fecking triple flips with swirls and all sorts of mad acrobatics.

That and the 240kg-lifting monsters kind of made my day, like.

Oh.

And that wicked artistic gymnastics stuff. Ace.