PDA

View Full Version : Flashback time

Broken
08-25-2008, 01:14 AM
Back in the day, I remember a site called Phoenix-torrents.
It was shut down by the admin, and reopened under a new name with only "selected" members being invited to join the new site.

I just remember one day I tried to log onto the new site, to find out that it had been shut down. Now this is a long time ago.... I wasn't really that active there. Anyone know what became of that site? You either know what I'm talking about or not.

I'm not mentioning the second site's name out of respect, other than it started with a "G". Just incase my account was deleted and that's the problem.

I just keep thing back on it and wonder what went down.

kooftspc11
08-25-2008, 04:27 AM
its back under the name tucson-torrents

becomehokage
08-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Do actually mean PTfiles?

Broken
08-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Do actually mean PTfiles?

No, I mean Phoenix-torrents, the old url being phoenix-torrents.com, the admin being a guy named eddy123. It closed it's doors back in 04' right around the time supranova was taken offline.

It then reopened as a smaller, private site.
To the best of my knowledge that smaller site is not operation any longer. I think it was something called "geshia" maybe. I remember it was usually just abbrivated as gesh.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what happened to that site.

horiZen
08-25-2008, 04:42 PM
yep,,i remember them back in 2004 they were quite a nice community

they tried reviving the site shortly after but it faded away,,pity, as i lost many cyber-friends there,,was unable to contact them