PDA

View Full Version : Doctor No.

The Flying Cow
08-25-2008, 12:13 PM
This first James Bond film is a very well elaborated action feature with many surprising plot fabrications.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. Ursula Andress is so unbelievably hot. This is also one of those Bond movies where every singly female castmember, be it friend or foe, is attractive, and Bond leaves no stone unturned. Even the 'bad' (plot-wise) ones.

I'll say this - you'll never be a true James Bond fanatic until you watch this one.

Who else has enjoyed this one in technicolour.

Clocker the rocker, IdolEyes the special prize, none of you cinephiles has seen this?

db_la_23
08-27-2008, 10:47 AM
ya shes hot. i have the whole bond coll. but i like the ones wih sean connary and pierce bosan

The Flying Cow
08-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Just to clarify (for the airheads), leaving no stone unturned means he got laid with all of the hotties.

Suffice it to say this first james bond in Dr. No is the pimpest of them all. Snoop Doggy Dogg should take lessons from him. I'm pretty sure that's the only reason Sean Connery was knighted.

Dr. No himself is quite freaky. He had some sort of nuclear accident with his hands (burnt them) and as a result walks around with some wierd, shiny plastic gloves.

Checkit:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn52/TorrentialOutpour/fbdf.jpg

Eerie to say the least.

db_la_23
08-27-2008, 11:01 AM
man didnt know that thax for the info

IdolEyes787
08-27-2008, 11:35 AM
I actually like From Russia with Love(definitive bond villain Blofied upon which Dr. Evil is clearly based) and Goldfinger ("You expect me to talk/I expect you to die Mr. Bond") better.

In terms of Bond actors I lean toward Daniel Craig(only one I can't stomach is Roger Moore), but he has yet to stand the test of time.

As for Connery if you want to see him at his manly best definitely check out The Man Who Would be King or Robin and Marion,two of my all time favorite movies.

Trivia note:Dr No was made for 1 million dollars back in 1960 .In contrast Quantum of Solace costs $230 million.

The Flying Cow
08-27-2008, 11:49 AM
So you're not a fan of Jamaica, "Quarrel" (the friendly local), and Ursula Andress's irresistible sensual notes? (And the undeniable chemistry Bond and her have).

Oh well.

I'll check out those other two movies no worries. Just thought there would be other Dr. No fans here. I agree Craig is the nuts, I love that actor, but he's done the one Bond to boot. Connery made half a dozen or so.

IdolEyes787
08-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Didn't say that I didn't like Dr. No,just that it wouldn't be my top pick.
I also think that Bond's Caribbean locales were always some of the most enjoyable.
I actually had a roommate at university who's Aunt owned the mansion where a famous Bond shark pool scene was filmed.
Ursula Andress I can take or leave.

clocker
08-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Ursula Andress I can take or leave.
You might try the "taking" but I suspect she would control the "leaving".