PDA

View Full Version : Bittorrent Question

link50
08-23-2003, 12:16 AM
Well i was downloading a bittorrent file and everything was going great but then when it got to 99% it stopped. I'm assuming this is because theres no seeders with the file? If so, does bittorrent automatically search for more seeders so i can just leave it on and it will find some when they come on or should I cancel or redownload it or something?
Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Gre1
08-23-2003, 12:20 AM
No, a seeder is another peer and they have to connect at their own will and if u cancel and re-download that is a waste of time. So u can just push leave it on and wait or just wait till u see a seeder come back then just clik on the .torrent again and locate the file and let it check then it will resume from where it left off.

NotoriousBIC
08-23-2003, 12:22 AM
I've also read of a few Bittorrent clients having a bug where a torrent would 'freeze' at 99%.

What client are you using? Perhaps up/downgrading could solve your problem.

callum
08-23-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by NotoriousBIC@23 August 2003 - 01:22
I've also read of a few Bittorrent clients having a bug where a torrent would 'freeze' at 99%.

What client are you using? Perhaps up/downgrading could solve your problem.
Sometimes I have trouble with the last 1% of a file even when there is seeds, usually if I just leave it, it finishes eventually.

link50
08-23-2003, 12:34 AM
Well I got it from here:
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html
So I guess it's BitTorrent 3.2.1

And I'll try leaving it on overnight and see see if it downloads eventually

link50
08-23-2003, 02:47 AM
And now people are uploading from me at about 2kb/s so could this mean that it's not "frozen" but there is just not enough seeds?