PDA

View Full Version : "Anti-Traders, Community Lovers"

Squizzle
08-26-2008, 12:31 PM
You guys for real or do you say it in the hope that trackers will be more willing to accept your requests for invites etc?

Explain to me the mentality, if you will.

"I want that tracker for the community, it's nothing to do with it being a high level tracker that I want because it's unattainable, honest" is a hell of a cliché these days :)

Enlighten me peeps :)

//Squizzle

kareemamir
08-26-2008, 12:35 PM
What I find funny, is that people say, oh can I have an invite because it is a great community. How would they know? Some people just chat shit.

Main reasons most prob, they want faster, better content, and a bigger dick.

Artemis
08-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Main reasons most prob, they want faster, better content, and a bigger dick.

There you are squizzle, can you help him get a bigger dick ? :naughty:

becomehokage
08-26-2008, 12:44 PM
You guys for real or do you say it in the hope that trackers will be more willing to accept your requests for invites etc?

"I want that tracker for the community, it's nothing to do with it being a high level tracker that I want because it's unattainable, honest" is a hell of a cliché these days :)

//Squizzle
That girl in your avatar,i think ive seen her many times,dunno where tho...
I mean other forums,not irl...
PS:Sry im completely out of point lol...
On topic now...Mostly i hate when ppl,when theyre asking t be invited somewhere ,they come with that statement:"I want it for the no ratio".
Damn i hate this

F3n1x
08-26-2008, 12:46 PM

//Squizzle
A community isn't exclusive of a site ,guys active in wheels are active too in FTN or FTWR... And suck see so many dreams about a site..

I want join *** plz is my dream..

The guys that say, i want join *** because excellent community, fantastic forums, 1337 users (i want a bigger e-penis)

in the hope that trackers will be more willing to accept your requests for invites etc?

Should i leave FST? i don't dream about a torrent site :(

Disme
08-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Edit : Sorry ... I was planning to write something here, but I am about to go into my garden and do some cleaning ... It's all about priorities. :cool:

F3n1x
08-26-2008, 12:48 PM
On topic now...Mostly i hate when ppl,when theyre asking t be invited somewhere ,they come with that statement:"I want if for the no ratio".
Damn i hate this

Is Squizzle, he use this avatar everywhere..

_coder_
08-26-2008, 12:48 PM
99.9% of the time its due to rarity, content or speed. With me personally I have enough community related trackers and if I start chasing all of them I wouldnt be able to keep up with every simgle one of them. For me Revolt and FSC fit nicely for community based trackers/forums. I dont see the need in having 3+ more community based trackers unless you live and feed off forums/irc.

RainRoofer
08-26-2008, 12:50 PM
"I want that tracker for the community, it's nothing to do with it being a high level tracker that I want because it's unattainable, honest"
If I got a coin for every time I heard it :lol:

zedex
08-26-2008, 12:52 PM
i dont need to announce if im a trader or not , ppl who wants to know can just look at my post history .

becomehokage
08-26-2008, 12:54 PM
On topic now...Mostly i hate when ppl,when theyre asking t be invited somewhere ,they come with that statement:"I want if for the no ratio".
Damn i hate this

Is Squizzle, he use this avatar everywhere..
Oh rite...:p

yevgeny
08-26-2008, 01:00 PM
with the community thing i don't live online i do enjoy forums now more than i used to, i think its easy to kid yourself about this community thing in a request cos theres not much else to say cept i want x site to download y content. i like tutorials and and good discussion but tbh torrent bytes forum has stood out the most to me and i still couldn't call it a real community even though there are nice people there.

if your going to be a non-trade you've got to have a pretty good reason why i think...mine is i don't like to see people get scammed for something that always used to be free, and having got a cool site ive been wanting for a while it feels much better to have gotten it without trading.

Crutavv
08-26-2008, 01:08 PM
here we go again... new elitist crap :dabs:

ppl who are everywhere will give a fuck :sick:
I don't understand all this shit around...

pharaoh
08-26-2008, 01:18 PM
sad to say that traders stand a better chance of getting into top level sites. all of them! you can try to ask for free invites. but nice people to give them to you are far and few. don't get me wrong probably a quarter of the members here are nice and will give you invites. i got swedvdr that way and bitmetv. but i will admit a few years ago when i first came here i was a trader and got other sites by trading like the precious ftwr. it just depends on which path you take. they both can be rewarding. when they say give invites to people you trust. trust is a shady word. how in the hell can you trust someone on the internet. my best friend trusted his wife and she was screwing around on him. and this is someone he had verbal, physical and emotional contact with on a daily basis. so in reality trust people like you do the federal government. they wouldn't lie to you. would they?

wheeloftime
08-26-2008, 01:22 PM
I've never understood the community thing. If you want a good community why join a torrent site to find it? There are plenty of community sites on the net that are far more active and easier to join than the 'elite' torrent sites.

As for the anti-trader thing I think it's pretty negative. I am anti-trading but not an anti-trader.
I think some people on this site just like to pigeon-hole people.

Nemrod
08-26-2008, 01:34 PM
There are some sites, mostly those "top ranked" that are based on a community sense, that´s a fact... nobody can ask for a membership with some possibility of success if the strong thing of the site is ignored...
Besides it´s known that in those sites are the very best of the best... best coders, best uploaders, best forums, best everything, ... everybody likes the best... it´s a natural thing, some just for the e-penis thing, to others the important is to learn, and for some John Does like me, after being in this for years, we evolve (I think I can use the word in this context), and after knowing virtually every single tracker, we reach the moment when we need something else, different and definitive. Others don´t, just want to get them by the rarity and for having huge signatures with many fancy logos, and usually are the less participative and active in those sites, just do the minimum required to keep the account alive.
And there are other sites not so hard to get, although not easy at all, community based as well. That´s why we will always see the community thing in every request made, here and elsewhere. Most of them are really lame and/or hilarious, I agree.
But... who could have a minimum chance of success getting an invite to those sites, top ranked or not, like iTS, SCL, FSC, the wabbit, or wheeelmods if the main or only reason given is "to steal a great variety of data faster"?.

condom-man
08-26-2008, 01:41 PM

//Squizzle

i guess no one gets an invite to "high" level tracker by posting something like "hey squizzle, this is my email , send me a uk-t invite soon .so that i can download the same things i download from torrent leech "

and for these anti whatevers , its a way to get noticed :rolleyes:

i donno if tracker staffs are dumb enough to trust a person based on his anti trading rants , i could create 10 accounts here if i wanted to , one for trading , one for anti trading , one for buttsex

so you see no matter how good your anti trading rant is, it will be suicidal to recruit someone from FST simply based on the way you post here :rolleyes:

he/she could be an MPAA cunt in disguise

tX
08-26-2008, 01:43 PM
They say it because "I want it for rarity" makes them look like a dick
The people in exclusive trackers like to gloat about the fact that their trackers have "awesome communities" (even though like only 5% are actually involved, the rest are there for unknown reasons, possibly E-Dick), and thus usually like inviting people who care about communities

yayyyyyy
08-26-2008, 02:17 PM
and communities where 99% of threads are like "rate the avatar", rate that ass, rate this, rate that lol

stoi
08-26-2008, 02:18 PM
what gets me is the ones that do get into these "high level" trackers (even just the term high lvl is bollocks).

are already in 30 other trackers, and probably have 10 posts in the forum of 27 of them.

and yet they claim to be community members, when really they dont give a shit about any community, its is just for their e-penis.

and its mathematically impossible for everyone to be a member of every site, just be happy with what you have got, and lets be honest, what you have is probably better than an over-inflated high lvl site anyway (no offence to high lvl sites btw).

condom-man
08-26-2008, 02:21 PM
+1

it took me around 15 months to find a community i really liked , well the rest was just nothing special :dabs:

FACE_TO_FACE
i dont need to announce if im a trader or not , ppl who wants to know can just look at my post history .

how can we be sure that you are a non trader? is fst the only the forum on the internet? I have nothing against you, but these statements are so unnecessary ...

condom-man
and communities where 99% of threads are like "rate the avatar", rate that ass, rate this, rate that lol

you cannot ignore the counting games :lol:

Skiz

//Squizzle

Separate your forums from your tracker and then see if they still want in. Those who do, you would have an opportunity to see if you want them access your tracker. :whistling

helpme
08-26-2008, 02:26 PM
When i request any tracker i ask about it
so i can see if it have good community or what...cuz i love community and forums too

condom-man
08-26-2008, 02:27 PM
:glag:

PlayeR
08-26-2008, 03:05 PM
For me Revolt and FSC fit nicely for community based trackers/forums. I dont see the need in having 3+ more community based trackers unless you live and feed off forums/irc.

if you have these two, you cant ask for more for community. because these two are more than enough.

and if you have these two but still ask for any other private tracker/forums using "great community" reasons and such.. that's just bulls**t... you just want it because of its rarity.

Skiz
08-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Am I the only person who uses trackers just to steal files?

I don't give a flying fuck about their forums. :blink:

integral
08-26-2008, 03:10 PM
For me Revolt and FSC fit nicely for community based trackers/forums. I dont see the need in having 3+ more community based trackers unless you live and feed off forums/irc.

if you have these two, you cant ask for more for community. because these two are more than enough.

and if you have these two but still ask for any other private tracker/forums using "great community" reasons and such.. that's just bulls**t... you just want it because of its rarity.

Each tracker has different forums and different people, with a different atmosphere. And besides people, other trackers offer different content. Nothing wrong with being a member on different trackers. :happy:

pharaoh
08-26-2008, 03:22 PM

your not alone. :noes:

KFlint
08-26-2008, 03:25 PM

wouldn't say that much, but i rarely post too

Artemis
08-26-2008, 03:27 PM

Kind of an ironic comment from a forum moderator :blink: but hey whatever floats your boat.......

I agree with those that say that there is a different feel to the forums on the trackers and therefore a some I feel more comfortable posting in, others I don't see the point in participating in, and there are only so many times you can rate that ass before the absolute thrill of it all wears off.
In the end though each community is unique, yes you see some of the same names time and time again, but by and large not many, often there are users who will stick to one or two communities and participate less (or not at all) in others.

KFlint
08-26-2008, 03:31 PM

Kind of an ironic comment from a forum moderator :blink: but hey whatever floats your boat.......

don't think he meant rape torrents btw, only getting illegal stuff, which ain't a crime right :unsure: :whistling

Cabalo
08-26-2008, 03:33 PM

your not alone. :noes:
well, me mostly is about that in every tracker. But there are a very few exceptions.

Swift
08-26-2008, 03:36 PM
I usually do spam the forum for fun ;) hehe

puckface
08-26-2008, 03:42 PM
community is bullshit. end of story.

FACE_TO_FACE
08-26-2008, 03:58 PM

Your never walk alone... lol But a good/mature staff is important

TP635
08-26-2008, 04:08 PM

No, you are not alone. Trackers are just that; a place to get files. For BT community few can challenge FST.

danio
08-26-2008, 04:32 PM
fst has no irc channel, so trackers are where i communicate the most with my fellow thiefs :). that being said, of course you can't claim that you want membership at a specific site because of it's community. forums/irc and a nice atmosphere etc is a big plus, but can't be the only reason.

edit: one thing i like with the "high level trackers" besides the above is that i feel more secure on them than on sites that are practically open for anyone. you are also more likely to find more rare and obscure stuff on these than on the ordinary 0day sites. other than this, i can only think of one other reason why anyone would want to join one of these sites and that is that you are a collector who measure your e-penis every time you get access to another tracker.

robotpirate
08-26-2008, 04:46 PM

i'm with you.

Alco23
08-26-2008, 04:47 PM
I wonder how many PMs Squizzle is going to get from this thread...

Would like to see some of the more "interesting" invite requests just for a laugh... I wonder how many have tried the line:
"I want an invite, now who's dick do I have to suck?" <-- Now that's someone who's really "into" the community :p

Cheeseman1208
08-26-2008, 04:55 PM
and its mathematically impossible for everyone to be a member of every site, just be happy with what you have got, and lets be honest, what you have is probably better than an over-inflated high lvl site anyway (no offence to high lvl sites btw).
Amen to that Stoi.

Although there are a few exceptions to this, namely for trackers with very specific content, like BCG for games. I could see someone who was into games to enjoy the community there obviously, but since "high-level" trackers are often just scene/user uploads, they have rather generic forums.

@danio:
There are numerous forums devoted to bittorrent (just the discussion of) that are just as secure as "high level trackers".

Edit: Tsk, tsk, I didn't see that this thread was started by Squizzle. I wouldn't have posted if I had.

The Wanderer
08-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Usually the biggest anti traders are those who traded big time before and now completely reconverted became zealots of the new "anti-trade" religion.

Already knowing the key members of a certain forum, these ass kissing experts make new accounts starting building reputations as anti traders, lovers of the communities etc.

You can recognize them when they regularly post in trading topics, signaling their presence as anti traders, advising the OP that trading is a big no no and if they want to get access to those heavenly trackers, they better make meaningful posts and/or make friends who maybe later will jump and invite them to those three stars (***) trackers.

SgtMajor
08-26-2008, 05:14 PM

That's because this forum is all you need, and here (FST) is your home forum, others may view it differently and are looking for their cosy home forum. Pity most end up in stupid chit-chat areas posting in rate that ass/av/chick <insert other ghey gheyme>, at least one site has had the sense and foresight to remove it 100%, now to start a campaign to get all sites to remove the crappy posters & childish games from their forums (oh yeh!!). Watch this space :D

As to the OP, what you find who say this are the non-English speaking members or those whose first language is not English, and there seems to be a correlation between asking for good sites and using the word community, it's somehow defacto standard these days to include the word community for some reason, but most of them end up in the friggin games section, rather than interacting in the interesting parts of the forums. And a lot end up being disabled for whatever reason, most of them we can guess at.

But at the end of the day, does it matter why people want somewhere as most only want to eat at the new restaurant to see if they like the menu, there are plenty of places to choose from and not all places will please the connoisseur or please the palette, but some will love what they find and will be total gems and form a good relationships with the owner & the chef and will find a good home to hang their hat on entry.

Live & let live.

curtanwoo
08-26-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm no trader but I'm not that interested in the community. I DO keep good ratios and behave well but I'm in it for the downloading. I don't have time for large scale chit-chat due to RL constraints.

That does not mean I don't read the tracker forums on occasion or that I don't comment. But that's not the primary reason we're here, right?

EDIT: Oh, and yes, that also means I don't give a **** about "levels". Content/speed is all that matters. If there are no kids around it's great too.

deadalive1
08-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Some trackers have good forums, most don't and are full of prepubescent wannabe's. Threads like "What's you favorite color?" and "Would you do this chick?" don't cut it for me, maybe if I was 12 again, I'd find it interesting and appealing.

ajsi
08-26-2008, 05:57 PM
i have always wanted some tracker with good community with active forum where can i chill out, but as i got more trackers oriented to that "community" thing, i found that those forum are just the same with just the same members who post same things. after some time, i got bored to even read that forum, and anyway, once you just will not have a time to post these bullshits. trackers were, are and always will be for downloading files. for me that is the only thing why i use trackers, i register to tracker because i want to download files which that tracker can offer to me, and not because i heard it has a cool forum. ye, forum is a part of tracker, but i think that browse page is a way more important to everybody.don't you think?

integral
08-26-2008, 06:04 PM
I think this will start a revolution in request threads. Maybe people will stop bringing up community or start saying that community isn't everything.. :whistling

ajsi
08-26-2008, 06:08 PM
I think this will start a revolution in request threads. Maybe people will stop bringing up community or start saying that community isn't everything.. :whistling

and maybe not. you wanna bet?
//there will always be dumbs ;)

dunson
08-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Oddly enough the community users of small trackers are the same at all of them. At first I thought these small places were cool, but then I started to see how they were all sorta similar and basically were just started by some group of friends that wanted to run their own tracker. I guess everyone finds their home, but I dunno if a place with under 10 snatches on popular uploads is really a torrent community for me. Another thing is that most of these community trackers have users who mainly watch xvids and only crave packs of them, which doesn't get me hard tbh. I need my dvds and a nice site to chat on at times when I'm bored at work/school, that's all. Forums have lost there appeal and IRC is replacing that for me.

I've tried the delacct.php option on a bunch of these sites but most don't work and I just haven't cared enough about opening a slot to pm staff or whatever. Plus I feel bad about the inviter or other members in some situations, because I feel obligated to enjoy the community they love. But idk if that's proper either. Tastes are individual and everyone has to find their community, whatever that might mean to them. I'm rambling, so whatever, peace. Now that I think about it I really should delete some of those accounts and scramble my password here, so I can just chill the fuck out and enjoy the sites I use and that's all. :emo:

Eargasm
08-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Of the trackers that I'm at, my favorite ones have the best communities. Look at CG for example. It's not high level, but if the doors shut and I was trying to get in damn right I'd say I'm getting in for the community.

In an excellent community people give a flying fuck about the tracker. When people give a flying fuck they are seeding indefinitely. They upload. They contribute. They donate. Good communities are a win win win situations for everyone. So if I hear there is a great community I'm hearing that this is probably a great tracker.

There is also the factor that people want what they can't have, there's e-penis, and there's other unsavory reasons. They do exist; however, different people have different reasons.

sokrates
08-26-2008, 07:45 PM
hm i like to be active in the community more in irc chans though.. but i wouldnt put that in a request thread, as you can see from the request i wrote.. it wouldnt be a reason to join a tracker anyways imo but its a reason to join a forum.
and why wouldnt you have answered in this thread, if you had paid attention to the thread starter cheeseman?

F.B.I
08-26-2008, 08:03 PM

//Squizzle

Separate your forums from your tracker and then see if they still want in. Those who do, you would have an opportunity to see if you want them access your tracker. :whistling

Simple as that.

Cheeseman1208
08-26-2008, 08:13 PM
hm i like to be active in the community more in irc chans though.. but i wouldnt put that in a request thread, as you can see from the request i wrote.. it wouldnt be a reason to join a tracker anyways imo but its a reason to join a forum.
and why wouldnt you have answered in this thread, if you had paid attention to the thread starter cheeseman?
Oh, we just got into a small fight, there's still some bad blood between us.

The word "community" has serious identity problems on this site. Community seems to mean exclusivity these days, and it's gotten pretty ridiculous.

This whole rarity thing is actually an interesting social experiment. People seem to want something not because they need it for some purpose, or because they're friends are on it, but rather because other people want it as well. It's interesting to watch people "dream" about sites like FtN, just because other people want it, and members of the site gloat over it. It's no different from hearing about an exclusive party that everyone wants to attend, sucking up to people to get an invitation, then have it not live up to your inflated expectations. Although many "low level sites" can provide anything you could possibly want - good speed, pre, and content - people still decide to go after these exclusive sites just because they're exclusive.

kooftspc11
08-26-2008, 08:38 PM
what gets me is the ones that do get into these "high level" trackers (even just the term high lvl is bollocks).

are already in 30 other trackers, and probably have 10 posts in the forum of 27 of them.

and yet they claim to be community members, when really they dont give a shit about any community, its is just for their e-penis.

gosh, the things i would do to your e-penis.....:naughty::O;):P:D

on a side note...

cliques and buzzwords for people who really dont know any better. self esteem issues pave the way for the need to be leet and trackers fill that void. just take a look around a middle school campus, you will see a parallel which makes your stomach turn

th0r
08-26-2008, 11:50 PM
I love how Squizzle hasn't posted once in this entire thread except for the original post; do you even care what we have to say, Squizzle?

th0r
08-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Double post!

xnugx
08-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Besides high level trackers where it IS hard to get in, community is non-existent really. SCT, TL, BCG, etc. may be lower than FTN, FTWR, but they have ridiculously good content. You get into trackers for different reasons, seldom can a tracker fulfill all of them.

aysomc
08-27-2008, 12:11 AM
honestly i dont give a shit about levels but the whole level thing does mean something to me. the higher up a site is i assume the staff and users are more knowledgeable, the forums are probably active and sometimes as a bonus so is the tracker. and the best thing is that 90% of the douchebags that fill these and other forums will never get in them. im not hating on these forums or similar ones, its just that its wide open to anyone and everyone and that means there are a lot of bad seeds scattered among the very few decent ones.

Squizzle
08-27-2008, 01:01 AM
I love how Squizzle hasn't posted once in this entire thread except for the original post; do you even care what we have to say, Squizzle?

Yeah but I've like, been at the pub and stuff.

Everyone's voicing opinions, I'm not going to respond to each individual one now am I?

I'll keep watching :)

All I will say is that personally I think anyone who wishes to be part of a tracker high up on the level list in the first place already has the wrong idea and simply falls into the collector category.

Finding sites, being invited into sites, hearing about sites, it was all so much more rewarding and interesting before I started lurking FST.

It's like there's nothing new left to see any more. :(

Going back to the topic a bit, I'm just sick of hearing the same old "you see, I'm a community person", or "my final goal is this tracker", or whatever.

As someone else said, if you're going to chat shit like that, you're probably better off trading ;)

Brandon
08-27-2008, 01:39 AM
I miss the good ol' days when there were no "trading forums" in existence and people wanted to join trackers b/c they actually liked them.

On a side note, I know a site that I like to hang around on which will start pruning users who don't actually use their accts. So long suckers!

stoi
08-27-2008, 01:47 AM
must be another tracker.

We are going to prune accounts on Saturday, but I never knew you were a member of BCG, so that`s why i say it must be another tracker.

Btw we are pruning accounts on Saturday incase your interested.

Brandon
08-27-2008, 02:02 AM
So are you guys pruning accounts on saturday? Just wanted to verify lol
And nah, I'm not on BCG. I'm not cool enough apparently. But I was referring to ftn in a discreet way.

stoi
08-27-2008, 02:06 AM
lol nothing cool about us mate, 48,000 members and most dont even use the site, so bye bye.

if they are not using it then no point being there, and this makes way for our referal system.

I have no idea how many will go the journey though, im hoping about 20,000 but knowing my luck it will be more like 200.

Brandon
08-27-2008, 02:25 AM
Well, like I told you in the other forum. I won't join BCG until it's level 800, cuz anything below that just isn't leet enough :naughty:

But seriously, we should have a chat sometime when I'm not so drowsy. I think you might like some of my ideas (which you won't be able to tell a soul about)

Detale
08-27-2008, 02:38 AM
Whats up with the man love fest here guys??

Stoi you're soooooo cool-

No Brandon , you are...

No you are
No you are

Just freaking roll the meatball to the other guy already.

:P

SgtMajor
08-27-2008, 02:53 AM
/Detale shows his jealousy by his first post in this thread :whistling

Detale
08-27-2008, 02:58 AM
Na sarge you know I'm really jealous of you and your special "military policy"

Na jus been busy searching for parts for my new WC rig so I got here late.

killercam101
08-27-2008, 03:16 AM

//Squizzle

I basically want to join high level trackers based on content, speed and curiosity. I'm in ScT and from looking at tracers it wins on releases most of the time. Yet today I asked to join FSC, which is not to devalue my membership at ScT but many good users I know are part of FSC and I'd like to be there too. This whole Anti trader thing is crap most high level users say S*L is "poop" but then they're the first to condem a S*L trade/giveaway. Community is good, I mean no one wants to join a tracker that flames them but can assist a user when having for example: seedbox problems or computer questions. With that being said, level status does matter especially when trackers like FSC are known to recruit good trustyworthy members. Community is essential to keeping a tracker going, so saying you want to join for community, I wouldn't consider it a sin but basing your whole request on it is. A trackers main purpose is to have users downloading and uplaoding, which is why most sites have the "join us in IRC to chat thread". If you want to purely chat/community ask for an invite to a trackers irc chat room.

Brandon
08-27-2008, 03:40 AM

No Brandon , you are...

No you are
No you are

Well hello there :naughty: You from out of town? Did it hurt... when you fell from heaven?

SgtMajor
08-27-2008, 03:44 AM
Oh shit, run, it's yellow thong time.

/I love this community, yes, yes I do.

saulin
08-27-2008, 03:59 AM

No Brandon , you are...

No you are
No you are

lol is called ass kissing!! it happens a lot around here with community reps. Oh yeah can I have my invite now? I always wanted to be part of this tracker. I love the community and I have been wanting to join for a while now.

Ok back in topic now. I think that at least 98% of the people saying all this crap to join "community trackers" as some people call the rare ones are full of crap.

Most likely they are traders with dupe accounts or simply people that don't really care about the community, just the rarity value :D

integral
08-27-2008, 05:12 AM
meeting new people on different trackers is great and i enjoy it a lot, but it isn't everything. sometimes i just type my good ideas and jokes into instant message windows with AIM bots and i'm doing fine right?

//sarcasm

Alco23
08-27-2008, 08:55 AM
blah blah blah... This whole Anti trader thing is crap most high level users say S*L is "poop" but then they're the first to condem a S*L trade/giveaway.
etc etc etc...

What is an "anti-trader"? What is a "high level user"? What defines either? Based on the line above you seem to rate one higher than the other (ironic choice of words here). Is there any reason to believe one group is better or worse than the other. Is there any reason to pigeon-hole someone into these groups (anti-trader/trader/high level user/moron) at all?

On a side note, I know a site that I like to hang around on which will start pruning users who don't actually use their accts. So long suckers!

I also know a site that will start pruning "stale" users :O... Are the stars aligning? What does this mean Alfred?

/me predicts a sudden surge in activity this week.

aysomc
08-27-2008, 09:38 AM
sometimes i just type my good ideas and jokes into instant message windows with AIM bots and i'm doing fine right?

//sarcasm

u say something about an aimbot?

cheats. :P

kyrcer
08-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Bad things people recall first, that's why being active at forum section you are threat as [catch] spammer, people judge you for what you post, not necessarily for what you are. After all that is all what they have to judge you by.

So when you want to join other trackers you are threating as a loser and user who don't deserver to be there.

Squizzle
08-27-2008, 09:57 AM
To be honest this is precisely the sort of shit I'm talking about:

Remember don't just TALK about community but BE about community!

Community<3

FACE_TO_FACE
08-27-2008, 10:09 AM
I think we need also levels for community LOL :D some members need it for sure...

Biter
08-27-2008, 10:19 AM
community tracker -> small user base-> few seeder->torrents/packs die easily->slow download speed

members of community -> exchange invites undertable -> hate ppl exchange invites or giveaway publicly (they call this "trade")

ppl join community -> want to get invite to other tracker and exchange invite undertable in that community and not been called "trader"

NO COMMENT

kyrcer
08-27-2008, 10:39 AM
To be honest this is precisely the sort of shit I'm talking about:

Remember don't just TALK about community but BE about community!

Community<3

Yeah now everything connected with community is like shit. it is rather bullshit.

tX
08-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Honestly, I'm at quite a few trackers, but I find that What.CD (with 55k members) has some of the best forums in the torrent world
Waffles seems decent but I'm not involved there

Ghost
08-27-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm still new on here, though trading seems tempting to get a tracker I'm looking for, I put risk of losing my account before thinking about trading it to another trader who would trade it and likely get me disabled. I also know people scam each other for invites or accounts, especially accounts which get disabled because of a change in IP range.

I would rather start building a reputation and make a request. Sadly I've invited someone (and it wasn't a trade) who begged for one and used a ratio cheat until he was disabled. It's listed as a high level tracker here and my only invite.

Disme
08-27-2008, 02:01 PM
I have a wee bit of time now that my garden is cleaned, to answer.

@ Squizzle: a little question for you, if you don't mind.
Why do you love to be at some tracker? It's no secret you are a member/staffer at a certain tracker that is way up the WATW-lists floating around everywhere.
Why do you stay there? Why do you like it? Why did you, if you did, signup there in the first place?
Basically there is only a limited amount of answers to a question like that:
- You like the content.
- You like the speeds you obtain there.
- You like the pré-times of the stuff posted.
- You like the people that are in the tracker, because you know them already, or you get to know them and like some of them.
- You are a collector and/or just wanna join or be part of a tracker because it is hard to get into, and because you are a true nobody in real life and you desperately try to achieve something in other 'virtual' worlds like BT.

I wonder why some people always wonder why some phenomenons take place, like the community-issue here.
The whole Torrenting-'scene' is just a reflection of 'real' life, where you can find honest people, trying to achieve something by working hard.
But at the same time there are also people who don't like to put an effort into achieving something and they try to find ways to achieve something in life by stealing, telling lies, pretending to be a good person, trying to disguise their true nature.

They interact with people that have already achieved something in life and they are jealous of these people and will do basically everything to obtain the same.

Bottom line is that a lot of people forget BT is mainly about getting your favourite TV-episode, the movie you like to see, the game you want to play, the CD you would like to hear, the e-book you would like to read.
The fact you make some friends and have a good time is nice, but it shouldn't be the goal to get into a tracker solely because they have a nice community.

The explanation I have read here that some members want to get in a certain tracker because their friends are already a member, is flawed. If they were real friends they would join you at the trackers where you are a member yet, instead of always talking about how great the trackers is where you are not (yet).

P.S. If kyrcer is the same kyrcer I know, than he has every right to have that signature cause he practically lives on a number of tracker forums/Irc-chans. :happy:

Squizzle
08-27-2008, 04:40 PM
I have a wee bit of time now that my garden is cleaned, to answer.

@ Squizzle: a little question for you, if you don't mind.
Why do you love to be at some tracker? It's no secret you are a member/staffer at a certain tracker that is way up the WATW-lists floating around everywhere.
Why do you stay there? Why do you like it? Why did you, if you did, signup there in the first place?
Basically there is only a limited amount of answers to a question like that:
- You like the content.
- You like the speeds you obtain there.
- You like the pré-times of the stuff posted.
- You like the people that are in the tracker, because you know them already, or you get to know them and like some of them.
- You are a collector and/or just wanna join or be part of a tracker because it is hard to get into, and because you are a true nobody in real life and you desperately try to achieve something in other 'virtual' worlds like BT.

Wheels was my first private torrent site, I was invited by a RL mate 3 years ago, I spent lots of time on it, learnt how it all worked, got to know the people on it, etc.

I was on it for at least 6 months before I even knew another private tracker existed. As far as I was concerned, it was the only one in the world.

Then the same mate that invited me told me about BitSoup, so I signed up there and frequented it almost as much. Used to upload to it and stuff. I enjoyed using BitSoup but never really got involved with their community. I think I got a torrent damage account too, used that for a bit.

Obviously when I became a long-time member and ended up on staff I started finding out more about the other sites out there (FTN, ScT, whatever), eventually invites to them came my way.

It's only recently I've been aware of the wider torrent scene, filesharingtalk, all that.

So there's your answer I guess.

I do have a life, honest. Well, about as much of a life as you can have when you're still at college with very little cash. :D

Presto
08-27-2008, 05:21 PM
"High level" trackers that users mostly request suck in every possible aspect. People just need to come up with a reasonable argument in order to be taken seriously. It's obvious to everyone that "high level" trackers have no decent content, speeds or pre-times whatsoever, so they use the infamous 'community-card'. Most users aren't aware though, that most of these "high level" trackers also have a sucky community and forums with nearly no activity.

A bit off-topic, but here's also a chart that I've come up with after years of hard work n analysin the torrentworld..

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2221/51464816vs6.jpg

Squizzle
08-27-2008, 06:02 PM
It's obvious to everyone that "high level" trackers have no decent content, speeds or pre-times whatsoever, so they use the infamous 'community-card'.

Heh, this is where you don't understand.

The high level trackers don't use the community card, or any card for that matter. The high level trackers generally have no say in the fact that they're on that list.

Users wanting to gain access to the trackers for e-penis on the other hand can't say they want them for the content because it's not as good as the more open, bigger, faster sites... so they pull the community card. See?

Cheeseman1208
08-27-2008, 06:13 PM
"High level" trackers that users mostly request suck in every possible aspect. People just need to come up with a reasonable argument in order to be taken seriously. It's obvious to everyone that "high level" trackers have no decent content, speeds or pre-times whatsoever, so they use the infamous 'community-card'. Most users aren't aware though, that most of these "high level" trackers also have a sucky community and forums with nearly no activity.

A bit off-topic, but here's also a chart that I've come up with after years of hard work n analysin the torrentworld..

I like the chart. Reminds me of a bell-curve model, which looks more like this:
http://www.robertniles.com/stats/graphics/normal.gif

Users wanting to gain access to the trackers for e-penis on the other hand can't say they want them for the content because it's not as good as the more open, bigger, faster sites... so they pull the community card. See?

The only legitimate reason I can see for anyone to want a high level tracker is that their friends are on it, in which case they'd get invited anyway. Otherwise there is no real reason to want a high level tracker at all.

KFlint
08-27-2008, 06:15 PM

we all have to pay respect to your drawing abilities :01:

dunson
08-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Where is the nipple?

Squizzle
08-27-2008, 06:17 PM
The only legitimate reason I can see for anyone to want a high level tracker is that their friends are on it, in which case they'd get invited anyway. Otherwise there is no real reason to want a high level tracker at all.

You've changed your tune ;-)

stoi
08-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Where is the nipple?

here

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/nipple-149177/

couldnt resist lol

Nemrod
08-27-2008, 06:24 PM

A matter of taste I guess.
But to me at least, plenty of reasons have those sites for being so respected and has nothing to do with what you stated. And I don´t mind I want any top ranked tracker because that only, as a matter of fact I´ve declined being invited to some of them because they would be useless for me, but that does not necessarily means are bad, empty or dying dinosaurs.
Nobody, nothing gets so much respect and reputation for long time if it´s not built on very solid bases.

KFlint
08-27-2008, 06:28 PM
http://www.robertniles.com/stats/graphics/normal.gif

gaussian curve, impressive :O

should i move this thread to the math section now?

Cheeseman1208
08-27-2008, 06:31 PM

Yep. Our little chat showed how arrogant and selfish I am. Thanks for the wake-up call. ;)

@Nemrod
Respect, rarity, and "community" are all the same thing if you look at it. And remember, a tracker can be well-founded and "lower level" at the same time.

@KFlint
FST has a math section??

Nemrod
08-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Yep. Our little chat showed how arrogant and selfish I am. Thanks for the wake-up call. ;)

@Nemrod
...a tracker can be well-founded and "lower level" at the same time.

I couldn´t agree more with that. :)
The only userbar I use is from BitSoup, and it´s not sarcasm nor irony, it´s a fact that BS is one of my 3 most loved trackers.

danio
08-27-2008, 06:40 PM

Please tell me this isn't the same Cheesedude who published a pic of himself with a keyboard on his head in his requestthread for FTN?

Cheeseman1208
08-27-2008, 06:48 PM

Please tell me this isn't the same Cheesedude who published a pic of himself with a keyboard on his head in his requestthread for FTN?
Nope, different guy. I heard that was just a pic he snatched off of Google images anyway :whistling

Back on topic:
Now that we've identified the issue (rarity, community, etc), how should it be dealt with properly? Obviously we as a whole will not benefit from this mindless rarity chase that has become of the BT scene. How can we get back to our roots, and just share files again? I fear that we have indeed lost our way, and that most people think of bittorrent as one giant game - like Pokemon. Who can collect them all, and more importanty, who can get the biggest and rarest trackers? I feel that this is not what we are about, and unfortunately we keep moving in that direction.

//Me goes back to looking for the FST math section...

Presto
08-27-2008, 08:05 PM
People are desperate and have no idea how to join one of your fancy sites. They think you wanna hear something about 'anti-trading' or 'community love', but they don't know that they're wrong. This is the place where you should jump in and tell everyone what is it they should do or shouldn't do. Should they simply forget getting into one of these leet sites or will the good ole 'know the right person' suggestion do the trick?

Tokeman
08-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Getting to know the right person is always a guaranteed way to get invited, if said person has invites that is.
I do disagree that having friends on a tracker is the only reason to want a high level site. I have no friends on most of my sites. I'm there to torrent. I use the forums to pass time. They are fun and all, but I don't go to the sites just to use the forums. I do however come here just to use the forums...

For me its about me feeling secure pirating current items. I feel with a small userbase (<3k members) statistically there is less of a chance that there is a peer that actually has the ability to get me in trouble.
JMHO of course.

Cheeseman1208
08-27-2008, 08:59 PM
I feel with a small userbase (<3k members) statistically there is less of a chance that there is a peer that actually has the ability to get me in trouble.
JMHO of course.
Does that stop you from using trackers like Waffles or What for music? Or Bitme or HDBits for their various content? Don't you occasionally grab rare movies or TV shows from Demonoid or TPB?

To use the security excuse to me is hypocritical, no offense to Tokeman. Yes, it is safer to upload and snatch the newest releases from these exclusive trackers, but using sites with larger userbases at the same time really invalidates your argument.

Tokeman
08-27-2008, 09:15 PM
I only download TV from larger sites, and IMO thats a grey area for tv rips. I know the dvdrips are another matter all together, but I stear clear of the new tv eps dvdrips too. For music, Yes, I will use what, but I rarely ever download anything newer then 2-3 years old. Like I said, for current releases, I stick to smaller sites, since it makes me feel safer.

kallieb
08-28-2008, 01:33 PM
hmm...

I have no plans on making some definitive statement on this issue, just a sliver of an opinion.

I certainly have my own reasons for enjoying the sites that I do and won't get into the whole list; but what I can say is that over the past few years I have come to see that certain sites do tend to give a shit about they offer to members more than others.

As much as the content is attractive in massive sizes like Zamunda or Demonoid, one is lucky to not snatch some virus-laden-piece-of-shit-out-of-sync file at one time or another. Smaller sites and/or specialized trackers with an involved staff have a much stricter approach to quality torrents. I appreciate that.

Further, If you have a problem, your chances of being heard go down in direct relation to the volume of userbase members. That is a general statement btw. I'm sure some while chime in about how much they've been helped on a massive-site. But my experience is, is that anytime I need help on the small/cozy/specialized trackers, my success rate at getting answers is 100% - period.

I do believe that community is a factor and is alive and thriving well. For example, I'll upload a request to a site that I'm fond of far faster than I will to some massive site where members just bitch about how it's some shitty movie - if they comment at all.

Also, with some sites the packs are absolutely fantasitc and in perfect sync regarding quality. Entire collections of a Directors work in one torrent, or an impressive 20+ torrent-pack which shows the best of an actor's work, or genre collection.

The amount of work to pull together a torrent like that requires someone who not only wants to do something right (hey - we all do enjoy a bit of praise, it is human nature after all), but is also someone who wants to do something nice for fellow-members that over time you get to know.

It is these elements that come together, to me anyways, that indicates that a site has a good community.

I can't close without some reference to the manner in which the WIAW rating system is used by most of the userbase here. Simply put, it's shit. What number is assigned to a site is not necessarily what makes it good. What matters is the experience, and yes it does sometimes come down to community, content and speed. The combination of the three - if one has the ability to recognize what each actually entails - is sweet indeed :) . IMHO, the greater need for someone to have a big e-penis goes up in equal portion to how low someone's IQ is (emotinonal, maturation and intelligence). Whether they actually get the quality of certain sites over others is a somewhat hit or miss event.

Just my two cents...

KFlint
08-28-2008, 02:17 PM
hmm...

I have no plans on making some definitive statement on this issue, just a sliver of an opinion.

I certainly have my own reasons for enjoying the sites that I do and won't get into the whole list; but what I can say is that over the past few years I have come to see that certain sites do tend to give a shit about they offer to members more than others.

As much as the content is attractive in massive sizes like Zamunda or Demonoid, one is lucky to not snatch some virus-laden-piece-of-shit-out-of-sync file at one time or another. Smaller sites and/or specialized trackers with an involved staff have a much stricter approach to quality torrents. I appreciate that.

Further, If you have a problem, your chances of being heard go down in direct relation to the volume of userbase members. That is a general statement btw. I'm sure some while chime in about how much they've been helped on a massive-site. But my experience is, is that anytime I need help on the small/cozy/specialized trackers, my success rate at getting answers is 100% - period.

I do believe that community is a factor and is alive and thriving well. For example, I'll upload a request to a site that I'm fond of far faster than I will to some massive site where members just bitch about how it's some shitty movie - if they comment at all.

Also, with some sites the packs are absolutely fantasitc and in perfect sync regarding quality. Entire collections of a Directors work in one torrent, or an impressive 20+ torrent-pack which shows the best of an actor's work, or genre collection.

The amount of work to pull together a torrent like that requires someone who not only wants to do something right (hey - we all do enjoy a bit of praise, it is human nature after all), but is also someone who wants to do something nice for fellow-members that over time you get to know.

It is these elements that come together, to me anyways, that indicates that a site has a good community.

I can't close without some reference to the manner in which the WIAW rating system is used by most of the userbase here. Simply put, it's shit. What number is assigned to a site is not necessarily what makes it good. What matters is the experience, and yes it does sometimes come down to community, content and speed. The combination of the three - if one has the ability to recognize what each actually entails - is sweet indeed :) . IMHO, the greater need for someone to have a big e-penis goes up in equal portion to how low someone's IQ is (emotinonal, maturation and intelligence). Whether they actually get the quality of certain sites over others is a somewhat hit or miss event.

Just my two cents...

i was just about to write this down too:snooty:

very nice post seriously kallie ;)

if only i had the patience / ease in english to make such kind of posts :mellow:

OTO
08-28-2008, 02:27 PM
hmm...

Just my two cents...
Nice post :thumbsup:

FuTuRe
08-28-2008, 02:56 PM
walk up to a "anti-trader" and tell him you got a ux-x invite or a fxx invite. then tell him that you'll give said invite for a revtt invite and see what they say. anyone overtly procliaming they are "anti-traders" is suspect from day one.

Nemrod
08-28-2008, 03:47 PM
hmm...

Just my two cents...

Holly shit! :blink:

A huge dose of reasoniniciline to fight the why-the-hell-I-am-still-at-FST syndrome.

I take my hat off to you. :thumbsup:

At your feet. :)

ghurka
08-28-2008, 04:12 PM
hmm...

I have no plans on making some definitive statement on this issue, just a sliver of an opinion.I'm glad you made it short but sweet Kallie :lol:

soulreaper
08-28-2008, 05:05 PM
walk up to a "anti-trader" and tell him you got a uk-t invite or a fsc invite. then tell him that you'll give said invite for a revtt invite and see what they say. anyone overtly procliaming they are "anti-traders" is suspect from day one.

Ahahahahahaha,very interesting take on anti-traders!

Sanka113
08-28-2008, 05:06 PM
If you like trackers for their community, check out demonoid. They've got a booming forum, and a live irc. In addition to it's awesome community, it has a ton of rare content and packs.... BTW i'm NOT being sarcastic demonoid is the shiz.

deadalive1
08-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Nice post kallieb.

Squizzle
08-28-2008, 05:15 PM
People are desperate and have no idea how to join one of your fancy sites. They think you wanna hear something about 'anti-trading' or 'community love', but they don't know that they're wrong. This is the place where you should jump in and tell everyone what is it they should do or shouldn't do. Should they simply forget getting into one of these leet sites or will the good ole 'know the right person' suggestion do the trick?

This is probably the most insightful post so far.

Like I said, "high level sites" or shall we say, "sites that have been pretty much closed for a hell of a long time", shouldn't have to cater to the wishes of these newbs on the torrent scene who want to join.

There is no official policy, no "best way" to get in, no nothing. Just don't bother. Go take part in newer up and coming communities that you can be part of from the start and contribute something to, that's my advice.

If you're going to join a tracker and try to join in a community of people who have been chatting amongst themselves already for three years, you're always going to be an outsider to some extent. Community isn't something you can just "have", community is made. You don't get invited to a tracker with a strong community and say "hey, now i'm part of a strong community, weee"... Takes time. Shouldn't happen deliberately or with intent either. If you become part of a community on a tracker, it shouldn't be because you wanted to and set out to in the first place. Should just happen over time.

Of course we still make the newbies feel welcome, but it ain't the same.

Plus these days the noobs all seem to know each other and natter amongst themselves as they're on every other bloody site which gets annoying. Still love 'em and all that, but, y'know :D

Tricky one :huh:

SgtMajor
08-28-2008, 05:17 PM
hmm...

And a mighty fine one it is too.

Doesn't seem that long since you were making your first steps into the foray of trackers & forums :flowers: :smilie4:

stoi
08-28-2008, 05:45 PM
See this is what really gets on my goat lol

When we were lvl 4 poeple were crying out to get in, and members we had were "wow my e-penis just grew another inch", we have to respect these now.

When we opened up and went down, no one cared for us, and the members that were like that ^^, didnt care for us anymore as their e-penis just went limp overnight, and no amount of Viagra could erect it again.

Over the years it just seems to me that the trackers on the lower levels you can cheat, scam, trade, not use and they wont care, they will always just get someone else in. And the trackers that are "high" up you have to respect their rules.

Now i am not saying you should not respect the higher up rules, but surely the same respect should be granted to all trackers, does not matter what lvl they are, or how hard it is to get in them.

Honestly, if every tracker closed it doors tomorrow, had no invites, never got anyone in for a while, they would all be lvl 10, but they would all be dead.

Believe it or not, there is not that many people that use private trackers, loads use public but most dont like the idea of seeding back, and I have even heard that we are elitist (yeah right).

I do not mind getting noobs in, we all had to start somewhere on this Journey so why not with us, and it gives us something to do, Ok answering the same questions over and over again gets a bit boring, but at least it makes me feel good in helping people that havnt got a clue how it all works.

Problem is the noobs are probably 2% that join up when we are open, the other 98% are the cheats, and the dupe accounts to sell them later people.

So we close again and get seen as elitist because we are closed.

we just cant win.

and lets face it as well, we get members that have been their for ages, they get invited to another tracker (say a 0 day one) and they never come back, I honestly dont know how people can have and use 5 trackers, never mind 30+ of the things, you spread yourself out to much and cant possibly use them all, on a daily basis.

as for community, I think most tracker owners would love a bustling community as well as a bustling tracker, but if your specialized like us, talking about games and consoles all day every day does get bloody boring, even for me, i dont think i have ventured into the System forums for a few months lol

On the other hand though we do not give gigs away like confetti to try to lure members into the forums, if they want to come let them come, if not, fine, they shouldnt be rewarded for taking part. And i would also say 98% of our posts actually mean something, we do not get a lot of spam even in the general forums, where spam is sort of tollerated. (but you do not get post count for it).

honestly, if you have 10+ trackers, how the hell can you take part in them all, as well as here and other sites like this you may be on, get a bloody life.

Sanka113
08-28-2008, 07:03 PM
I agree with most of your post their stoi except the part with people having more than X amount of trackers. People have use different trackers to fit their needs. They also may just want to have access to as much content of that type as possible without restriction.
Also, if one can support say their old school torrentbytes acount and their new SCT account why should they have to scrap their torrentbytes account for the sakes of not looking like a collector. They put time, effort, possibly even money into being a member at a tracker, so why should they have to throw that account away just because they got a "better" tracker. Each tracker has it's perks and benefits over other trackers and sometimes people like to have that at their disposal.

Of course, like polygamist law, you shouldn't be at several trackers if you can't handle it though. If you can then I see no harm in belonging to X amount of trackers.

stoi
08-28-2008, 07:17 PM
well if they can great as long as they do not seed 500 torrents over the 30 trackers, as that helps no one but themselves, but then thats another argument for another day.

what i meant to say in a roundabout way is lol

they get into another tracker, may not be as good as the tracker they were in previously, and just because its a new tracker to them, or higher up the list of that thread, they just forget all about that tracker, or use it sparingly at best.

People forget their routes, and you should be using your invites on those trackers that are open all the time, to get people in that you know will be good members, and not trading them away on places like FST etc.

I bet 90% of the members of Demonoid say, have no idea that some of these other tackers exist, and only way for them to get into these other trackers, is come onto here or similar places, and giveaway demonoid codes, so they get their rep up.

but it should be, your a member of their you get invited into another tracker (i will try not to name names just imagine it with me lol), you get invites to your new tracker, you go back to demonoid and get good members of their into your new tracker.

the person that invited you sees your doing a good job, you have invites and you just invited a good member in, so they invite you to another tracker, and it carries on like that.

basically everyone in everyones invite trees should be the same on all trackers, and you should know them, even if it is just from the Bittorrent scene and on a tracker like Demonoid.

its better than not knowing them at all, or inviting a trader or a cheater from here thats for sure.

kallieb
08-28-2008, 08:08 PM
hmm...

I have no plans on making some definitive statement on this issue, just a sliver of an opinion.I'm glad you made it short but sweet Kallie :lol:

Oh shush you :). Just kick me off my soap box every now and then, I won't mind;)

danio
08-28-2008, 08:19 PM
well if they can great as long as they do not seed 500 torrents over the 30 trackers, as that helps no one but themselves, but then thats another argument for another day.

What's wrong with seeding 500 torrents? Sure if they would all have leechers at the same time, speeds would be very low. But usually, if you keep alot of torrents seeding (i usually run about 200, then my hdds are full), only a few of them have active leechers at the same time. It also depends on your internet connection of obviously.

kooftspc11
08-28-2008, 08:33 PM
offer an anti-trader 10,000 dollars/pounds/pumpkins for a bitsoup invite and see what happens

See this is what really gets on my goat

*sigh*

i really wish i could get on your goat someday

stoi
08-28-2008, 08:36 PM
its lazy to the extreme. and if you want bittorrent to go like emule then fine, seed 500, but i wouldnt want to be a leech on a 25gig PS3 game/HD Movie if your the only seed thats for sure.

danio
08-28-2008, 08:39 PM
its lazy to the extreme. and if you want bittorrent to go like emule then fine, seed 500, but i wouldnt want to be a leech on a 25gig PS3 game/HD Movie if your the only seed thats for sure.

you're loss then ;)

stoi
08-28-2008, 08:43 PM
not really, I would just use usenet, and get 20meg down all the way.

Thats who i think bittorrent is fighting against, not other trackers, as soon as the seedbox members jump off a torrent and its over a few days old (see my browse page thread) the torrents slow to a crawl, because members are seeding 500 bloody torrents at once.

We have a seeding limit on BCG and so far it works, you can grab a torrent from 2 years ago and it will go 500KBs, thats what we want not 1Kbs and take you 6 weeks to download it.

I would rather see a torrent deleted and reuploaded personally.

danio
08-28-2008, 08:45 PM
not really, I would just use usenet, and get 20meg down all the way.

Thats who i think bittorrent is fighting against, not other trackers, as soon as the seedbox members jump off a torrent and its over a few days old (see my browse page thread) the torrents slow to a crawl, because members are seeding 500 bloody torrents at once.

We have a seeding limit on BCG and so far it works, you can grab a torrent from 2 years ago and it will go 500KBs, thats what we want not 1Kbs and take you 6 weeks to download it.

I would rather see a torrent deleted and reuploaded personally.

Like i said. It depends on your connection speed. Of course you shouldn't seed more torrents than your connection allows you.. but if i can keep 200 torrents seeding and only use 1/20 och my bandwidth, then i don't see a problem. I would say it's the opposite to lazy.

EDIT: of course, theoretically, all 200 torrents could get leechers at the same time, but how likely is that? like i said, mostly i have leechers on like 10-15 torrents at a time, and i never reach max UL speed if i haven't just added a fresh torrent.

stoi
08-28-2008, 08:50 PM
well you see.

If I knew who you were on BCG, I would check your history, and every torrent that you were seeding, i would recycle. I have done that before.

Ok your from sweden but even if you have a gigabyte seedbox, put all your bw into 1 or 2, when another 1 or 2 have leechers, put all your bw into those. not just let 500 torrents seed for the sake of bloody seeding them, and this is why we will never have a seeding time on BCG, its bloody stupid.

kallieb
08-29-2008, 01:18 AM
hmm...

And a mighty fine one it is too.

Doesn't seem that long since you were making your first steps into the foray of trackers & forums :flowers: :smilie4:

Awww.... thanks sarge. I took a few knocks along the way, and wore the n00b label when I aptly deserved it; but I'm settling in now and having fun. I was on a bit of a hiatus for quite the spell due to a big move in job/part of the country but should get back into enjoying BT land in the near future :) ... oh... and my smokin' hot new ISP connection should make the experience a whole lot more fun !! The joys of no longer having to wait days for a 4GB movie.... bliss;)

integral
08-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Is this anecdote time? Let me prepare my notes...

neoapexi
11-13-2008, 10:58 PM
^^^ good post.

TheFoX
11-15-2008, 10:03 PM
One or two here have stated that if you take away the tracker, then the value of the community will wither (or words to those effects). This is simply not true.

Take FST for example. How many people joined this place only to discover that there is nothing here to share except experiences.

Also, there is a tracker community that only has about three torrents, yet it maintains a healthy community, simply because people want community.

When I first started torrenting, I was only in it for the files, but after a little time, I realised that there was something more involved, and that often we need to interact with others to answer questions that perplex us. Before long, we are laughing and joking with people we will never, ever, meet (unless we have a bottomless wallet of course).

Ask the majority of site owners why they started their sites, and they will all give the same reason (excepting those who use the sites to earn a fast buck). That reason is simple; to share what they have with the world.

Why did someone start FST? Was it to create a meeting place for people with similar attitudes? Probably. What probably started as a small concern has grown into a behemoth. How many people here have found virtual friendship with likeminded individuals?

Filesharing is the common link between us all, but it is not the defining factor. No one can put their finger on what makes one place great, and another place crap. Each to his own, with his opionions...

Presto
11-15-2008, 10:19 PM
I hate all the traders and I want to chop their heads off. I love communities, can i pls join FSC now?

LubTheStaringCat
11-15-2008, 10:40 PM
I hate all the traders and I want to chop their heads off. I love communities, can i pls join FSC now?

If you want to join there.
Then you have some serious booty to kiss:D

piratebot
11-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Can I has your email?

FX2908
11-16-2008, 12:29 AM
No, they are not for real. Period.

pone44
11-16-2008, 03:52 AM
I like having a good tracker with active and fun community forums. You get to know members that way.

ukgenius
11-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Ok here is my view:

I do not trade at all. I think that it is wrong and therefore don't do it. I don't make a big deal out of it, because those who do, mostly do it, as you say, to improve their chances of being invited to the tracker they want to get to.

As for the community bit, I think that most of the time it is completely made up and that people want it just to be a member of a high level tracker. However there are some people who genuinely want to be a member of a site because of the community. For example someone made a request for FSC a while ago, going into detail about why they wanted it due to the cooking forum
/community there. To me this seemed like a real request due to the wanting to be a part of a community. But most of the time it is simply not true, and they just want to be a member of a lvl7+ tracker.

I used to want to be a member of a community, and found what I was looking for in a tracker that is lower down so I think people need to be a bit more realistic, but can't see that happening.

hitman51
11-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Squizzle can i has a bigger dick?

on a serious note..u can't trust anyone to tell if they are for real or not

Disme
11-16-2008, 04:43 PM

Since you are a trader, forcus, I am not surprised with this answer :ghey:

stitched
11-16-2008, 07:21 PM
i think getting into a torrent site is like meeting a new gal and wanting get inside her...
all thou everyone know what it feels to be inside once u do it the first time with some gal...still most want to do it with every single gal thats available.....
when some one says u cant get a particular gal because she is high level and her invites are close....it becomes even more precious and necessary....
u gotta have her at any cost some pay for it,some become friends and get inside her....

bottom line is every one wants in .... some try and succeed and put it in their signature some dont...

everyone wants to be exclusive thats y higher the level longer the foreplay....and the lies get more believable...and i guess it helps if u r an anti-trader most would believe anything u say
people lose interest once they get in...or once they are mature enough to know..." its all the same, they all have the same content"

most of the people who want an invite are in their teens and are men,,,,thats y the comparision between a torrent site and women.

i hope what i wrote was readable and someone could understand it, otherwise forgive my grammer and spellings

ukgenius
11-16-2008, 07:25 PM
i think getting into a torrent site is like meeting a new gal and wanting get inside her...all thou everyone know what it feels to be inside once u do it the first time with some gal...still most want to do it with every single gal thats available.....and when some one says u cant get a particular gal because she is high level and her invites are close....it becomes even more precious and necessary....u gotta have her at any cost some pay for it,some become friends and get inside her....bottom line is every one wants in .... some try and succeed and put it in their signature some dont...everyone wants to be exclusive thats y higher the level longer the foreplay....and the lies get more believable...and i guess it helps if u r an anti-trader most would believe anything u say people lose interest once they get in...or once they are mature enough to know..." its all the same, they all have the same content" most of the people who want an invite are in their teens and are men,,,,thats y the comparision between a torrent site and women. i hope what i wrote was readable and someone could understand it, otherwise forgive my grammer and spellings

hahaha:lol:

That is hilarious!! i hadn't thought of it that way but I suppose it is true

LubTheStaringCat
11-19-2008, 12:16 AM

Since you are a trader, forcus, I am not surprised with this answer :ghey:

Since we both like quoting each other, show all of us your rep It's not difficult.

Why are you and certain others so negative to people when asking certain questions In post after post?
I'm betting you won't answer.:ghey:

ukgenius
11-20-2008, 07:33 PM
I think that while trading is a bad thing to do, some people are going way over the top with the 'trader hating'. It seems as though if you have traded in the past, some would consider you sub-human.

Yes it is bad and wrong, but not as bad as many would make you believe.

wheeloftime
11-20-2008, 08:08 PM
I think that while trading is a bad thing to do, some people are going way over the top with the 'trader hating'. It seems as though if you have traded in the past, some would consider you sub-human.

No, No, No.

This is FST, everything has to be black or white - there is no middle-ground.

pone44
11-20-2008, 08:23 PM
That is a good point!

I feel the same way. Thing is, nobody gives anyone a chance anymore because of all the BS.

Ok here is my view:

I do not trade at all. I think that it is wrong and therefore don't do it. I don't make a big deal out of it, because those who do, mostly do it, as you say, to improve their chances of being invited to the tracker they want to get to.

As for the community bit, I think that most of the time it is completely made up and that people want it just to be a member of a high level tracker. However there are some people who genuinely want to be a member of a site because of the community. For example someone made a request for Fsc a while ago, going into detail about why they wanted it due to the cooking forum
/community there. To me this seemed like a real request due to the wanting to be a part of a community. But most of the time it is simply not true, and they just want to be a member of a lvl7+ tracker.

I used to want to be a member of a community, and found what I was looking for in a tracker that is lower down so I think people need to be a bit more realistic, but can't see that happening.

LubTheStaringCat
11-20-2008, 08:25 PM

No, No, No.

Does the lords of light control death: No
Does the lords of the Dark control death: No

Death has no masters, he sits on the fence. Waiting, Waiting.
Waiting for those to fall light or dark he has no prefferance, he will claim them for his own.

respawn40
11-20-2008, 09:11 PM
No, No, No.

Waiting for those to fall light or dark he has no prefferance, he will claim them for his own.

Too metaphoric/poetic for me :wacko:

integral
11-20-2008, 09:16 PM

I agree. I don't think I've ever seen FST taken this seriously...

Artemis
11-20-2008, 10:17 PM

http://i35.tinypic.com/10h59vr.jpg

colombianino
11-21-2008, 05:01 PM
i think getting into a torrent site is like meeting a new gal and wanting get inside her...
all thou everyone know what it feels to be inside once u do it the first time with some gal...still most want to do it with every single gal thats available.....
when some one says u cant get a particular gal because she is high level and her invites are close....it becomes even more precious and necessary....
u gotta have her at any cost some pay for it,some become friends and get inside her....

bottom line is every one wants in .... some try and succeed and put it in their signature some dont...

everyone wants to be exclusive thats y higher the level longer the foreplay....and the lies get more believable...and i guess it helps if u r an anti-trader most would believe anything u say
people lose interest once they get in...or once they are mature enough to know..." its all the same, they all have the same content"

most of the people who want an invite are in their teens and are men,,,,thats y the comparision between a torrent site and women.

i hope what i wrote was readable and someone could understand it, otherwise forgive my grammer and spellings

:blink: so the higher level gal you got the higher p**** you got? i definately will have to aim higher than where im currently at then.

btw: its not about the levels.....its about seeing the same people in that particular place :lol:.
a::"hey there, werent you in ftwr too?"
b::"yea, wuzzup"
a::"nothen, leeching"
b::"oh wast it your avatar saw over at ftn"
a::"mmmhmm i finally got to see you there too!"
:huh:

well i got the highest level gal. shes lvl 9 and her content's awesome!

Enlightened
11-21-2008, 09:07 PM

//Squizzle

The Irony is How can someone TRULY be part of their community, if there have NOT been in there before?.......
All the Info One has is the Tracker Ranking and rumors. The rarity of the Tracker, makes it even MORE a Curiosity, to secure the Tracker.
Since P2P is mostly about community and it would be a Great "Line" to use to get in.....:whistling
If one really wants to be part of a Community, there are Countless Warez Forums and P2P communities to register.:yup:

Bottom line, I think is a bunch of B.S.......I think is more important to prove oneself in just one community and hope that reputation can spread, instead of saying , >> " I want to be part of XYZ community......."

After all, the Tracker finds U, Not the other way around.........
:)

IdolEyes787
11-21-2008, 09:28 PM
FST is a community of sorts.
Unfortunately many don't view it that way and only see it as a means to an end point taken and driven home..

But as I said before ad infinitum although FST is looked down upon in certain circles and perhaps justifiably so I don't believe for a minute that there aren't just as many douches on most trackers as there are here so I suggest the condescension belongs elsewhere.

Bejesus Christ I'm defending these assholes now.:blink:

ukgenius
11-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Look basically everyone who says that they want a high level tracker for community is lying. There are a few genuine ones, but only a few. Unless someone give a really good reason why they think the community at a certain site is so good, they are lying!!

IdolEyes787
11-22-2008, 01:02 AM
As pointed out ,until a person experiences it firsthand no one truly knows what a tracker's community is really like.
So words to the contrary ukgenius you are essentially saying everyone is to some extent is lying.
I can live with that.Need creates action.
Blame the rule makers.

th0r
11-22-2008, 01:44 AM
There are a few genuine ones, but only a few.no, imo, there are not; it is a cop-out in most if not all cases

in my experience, the luck-of-the-draw get into the trackers they want by knowing someone that is involved, or they like music, or they have a phat pipe or something that is tangible

in regards to communities (minus other factors), there are communities anywhere and everywhere; look around, get involved, work genuinely with what you have, not falsely for what you want

Epik.
11-25-2008, 04:04 PM
There are a few genuine ones, but look around, get involved, work genuinely with what you have, not falsely for what you want

i agree, never traded never will
above the influence

pLugiN
04-08-2009, 01:19 AM

//Squizzle

This is so fuck**** true, there's so many lames who want some trackers to say "i've ***, i've **-*.... weee". Oh please F*ck off. Could u please tell me the difference betwen Demonoid and ***? Oh god. If u want to join a tracker u have some reasons for that mine ones are basicly: to find some files where i don't find in another place. in the beggining i've that "lamme" side in me but now i'm seeing that the best way is get friends work on your accounts download u need and upload u download, if some highlevel staff member likes you they will ask u to join in.

Another think is the buffer on accounts. Another lame side i have in past. your higher buffer don't make u one hero, just one "n00b" with some Terabytes of upload.

I do something's wrong,but what we would be without mistakes. Just a advice to keep your torrenting life in safe.

//pLugiN

Dr. Lecter
04-08-2009, 02:38 AM
What a great way to pump your post count pLugiN, bump a 4 months thread. :blink:

pLugiN
04-08-2009, 12:59 PM
What a great way to pump your post count pLugiN, bump a 4 months thread. :blink:

I think don't do anything wrong.

//pLugiN

Bone.W.Machine
04-08-2009, 01:05 PM

I think don't do anything wrong.

//pLugiN
You're not doing anything wrong, pLugiN.
Don't care about Dr.Lecter, he's just another bitchy anti-trader. :naughty:

piratebot
04-08-2009, 07:12 PM
And if he made a new thread, you probably would have told him to search. amirite?

Bone.W.Machine
04-08-2009, 07:43 PM
And if he made a new thread, you probably would have told him to search. amirite?Good point. :lol: You're right. :cool:

Tokeman
04-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Another day at FST and another stupid topic.

Thank you for taking the time to enlighten us with your unique point of view.
It was a great read, but would you care to elaborate for us on what exactly your opinion is on the posted topic, since I assume you wouldn't be posting here if you didn't have one?

As for community lovers and anti-traders, I think its just another way of getting what you want. Not to say that their true motives are bad, they could be looking for security for example, but that is also a played out reason when most people read it.

TheFoX
04-09-2009, 01:43 AM
There are those who want a community tracker, and there are those who say they want a community tracker.

Some are genuine, and some aren't. Problem is, how do you tell which is which. The answer is that you can't. The only true way to discover if someone is genuine is to give them the chance to prove, one way or another, whether they deserved the invite.