PDA

View Full Version : Best Site To Get Hip Hop/Rap Lossless Albums?

thechamp86
08-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Been to a few sites recently,But i cant seem to find one who got tons of Lossless rips.Rap albums is specially hard to find.

Id really appriciate if someone could guide me to a site who got what im looking for

Nice tuesday to all of you :)

zedex
08-26-2008, 02:17 PM
pedro / waffles got tons of lossles music

also http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/signup.php

thechamp86
08-26-2008, 02:52 PM
thanks for the info :) i guess ill have to get a waffles invite when its back up

Anybody else know bout a great site?

c0njur
08-26-2008, 02:55 PM
its not lossless, but check out mixfiend.com. thats where i get most of my rap.

thechamp86
08-26-2008, 03:12 PM
yea mixfiend is ok.but itsbx->anything when it comes to hip hop/rap in mp3 format :)

FACE_TO_FACE
08-26-2008, 03:30 PM
I suggest rapthe.net, when u need invite pm me.

zedex
08-26-2008, 03:59 PM
its open http://rapthe.net/signup.php

thechamp86
08-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks guys.I was actually already signed up :) must have signed up at one time and forgot about the site

curtanwoo
08-27-2008, 02:33 AM
Thanks guys.I was actually already signed up :) must have signed up at one time and forgot about the site

It's been down for a while during the summer so it might have been that.

Skiz
08-27-2008, 04:54 AM
Why would you need rap music in a lossless format? Lossless content (compared to V0) is really only decipherable with certain styles of music. Acoustical, orchestral, live, etc.

You're wasting drive space with rap in lossless format. Unless of course you're downloading it just to create a disc.

Grind$oFine
08-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Yeah, there really isn't much for lossless rap.
Even on the big trackers - What and Waffles - there is a lot of rap that isn't uploaded in FLAC - at least in comparison to other genres.
What Skizo said may explain it partially, but I still like to download the albums I really like all in FLAC for storage/backup purposes and selection has been pretty disappointing for me.

Does RaptheNet have a decent amout of FLAC? Or is it mostly MP3?

And by the way, someone mentioned Pedro's - Pedro's is a great lossless tracker, but it's hip-hop selection is kind of sad. They haven't had the category very long, and many people were hesitant to appreciate it. A lot of members have a "rap is crap" mentality and they're not too open minded about it. They have a few pages of albums upped, and they're good albums, but it's definitely not a good place to go strictly for hip-hop albums.