PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia: Mx/mx 400

Timz
08-23-2003, 02:29 AM
i got my comp in 2002 and it came with the aforementioned card. At first it was running fine, but recently it has been giving my problems. I installed Homeworld:Cataclysm (retail version) and then un-installed it after beating it. BEfore i could install it i d/led sum a driver for the game. However, when i updated my driver recently and then tried to re-install the game it would not run under openGL, the mode i originally played it under, it also didnt run in the regular software mode or the D3D mode. I tried to install the latest driver for the card (NVidia: Detonator Driver v45.23 WinXP: 2000) and the game still didnt run.

Should i try to re-install all of the drivers starting from the first one and then continuing until the most recent? This problem doesnt make sense because if i could get the game working on my old driver, why doesnt it work now? :blink: :blink: Is there anything i could have changed by accident or is there sumthing i have to enable? :blink:

Somebody1234
08-23-2003, 02:32 AM
Check out this site: http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/

They have all kinds of guides on how to resolve those kind of issues. They even have a forum.

Timz
08-23-2003, 02:35 AM
btw, i forgot to mention, its a geforce 2 card :D

Somebody1234, i cant seem to get into the site ;) , is that a dead link?

Somebody1234
08-23-2003, 02:52 AM
The link should be good. It works for me.

The latest detonators and that site still applies for the GeForce 2. And that's what I thought right away because the mx400 is a GeForce 2.

Timz
08-23-2003, 01:35 PM
hmm, i still cant use the link, i cant get in by manually typing it either

Somebody1234
08-23-2003, 02:03 PM
I don't know why you cannot use the link. Try this one. Directly to the 'home' of that site. http://www.guru3d.com/

Miyake
08-23-2003, 02:25 PM
i have 1 of them cards too and i love it, never had a single problem and ive slighty over clocked it too, was soo easy, i didnt even touch the actual card u can overclock it with the detarnator driver.
i know the last bit of infop didnt address your problem but if ur cards on its way out u might aswell try n get abit more out of it :lol:

yes get the new detnator drivers :lol: