PDA

View Full Version : Quick and stupid question

eatchocolate
08-27-2008, 04:52 PM
What is a 0-day tracker? First time I heard that was on FST...

maverick_andy
08-27-2008, 05:00 PM
0-day means as far as I know, software released on the same day of official release :D

BTW nothing is stupid. You are just a naive and beginner in this field thats all:)

danio
08-27-2008, 05:02 PM
0-day = zero-day.. means literally that only releases pre'd withing 24 hours are allowed to be uploaded Today however, most 0day sites strive for alot shorter pre-times on their uploads than that (minutes or even seconds).

Nemrod
08-27-2008, 05:16 PM
As an additional or complementary information you should read something about "The Scene (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scene)" to understand better how this thing works.

SgtMajor
08-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Quick & stupid eh, sounds like the question was aimed at me?

0day means warez is generally uploaded to the site (a 0day site) on the day it is released
0sec means releases is uploaded to the site pretty much as soon as it is released.

So, a 0Day tracker is generally a warez scene site that deals is anything the scene releases, other trackers may deal in DVDs only, or music only, or other specialities, a 0day tracker deals in 0day stuff.

That quick & stupid enough?

yakz091
08-27-2008, 06:04 PM
and the release is not concerned with the day it is on market.
but it is concerned when the scene releases, even after months u see release like ms vs 2008 being released but it is lately released on the tracker but as soon as scene releases it, in how much seconds it is found on tracker is 0-day

rovama
08-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Quick & stupid eh, sounds like the question was aimed at me?
:glag: :cheers:

eatchocolate
08-27-2008, 06:33 PM
and the release is not concerned with the day it is on market.
but it is concerned when the scene releases, even after months u see release like ms vs 2008 being released but it is lately released on the tracker but as soon as scene releases it, in how much seconds it is found on tracker is 0-day

AND THERE WE GO!!!!

I was fine until yakz wrote that post... Then BOOM!!! Confused again! Damn it!!!

Anyway thx a lot for your answers, I do actually understand it a bit better now

PS: Why yakz??? Why???...

Nemrod
08-27-2008, 07:30 PM
AND THERE WE GO!!!!

I was fine until yakz wrote that post... Then BOOM!!! Confused again! Damn it!!!

Anyway thx a lot for your answers, I do actually understand it a bit better now

PS: Why yakz??? Why???...
:cry1:

:lol: Donīt worry... same happened to me... I thought I understood the thing, after reading yakz Iīm not so sure either. :glag:

Eargasm
08-27-2008, 08:11 PM
I believe what Yak is saying is that both of these could be 0-day...

released and pre'd jan09 = bigtime.software.app.unusable
released and pre'd feb18 = bigtime.software.app.cracked

Tokeman
08-27-2008, 08:15 PM
0-day, meaning its been 0 days since that specific item (release) was made available. This means you can have multiple 0 day releases of the same material.

Example:
A movie is released to theatres. A person records it, and uploads the 'cam' to the internet. This is a 0 day release of that movie.
Some one else has a screener of the movie. They release it to the internet. This is the second release of the same item, still a 0 day release no matter how long since the prior release.

Does that help, or confuse you more?

eatchocolate
08-28-2008, 11:01 AM
0-day, meaning its been 0 days since that specific item (release) was made available. This means you can have multiple 0 day releases of the same material.

Example:
A movie is released to theatres. A person records it, and uploads the 'cam' to the internet. This is a 0 day release of that movie.
Some one else has a screener of the movie. They release it to the internet. This is the second release of the same item, still a 0 day release no matter how long since the prior release.

Does that help, or confuse you more?

Yeah I understood that earlier cheers!

i believe what yak is saying is that both of these could be 0-day...

Released and pre'd jan09 = bigtime.software.app.unusable
released and pre'd feb18 = bigtime.software.app.cracked

Taht's what I was looking for!
Thank you!!!