PDA

View Full Version : xp hangs at startup

aaggie_john
08-28-2008, 04:57 AM
windows xp hangs at start up
this happens because of a start up entry called nvcpl.dll when it unchecked from start up entry at msconfig no problem
but it automatically starts after a reboot again anyway to stop it from starting with windows
I search a lot no solution found

Chewie
08-28-2008, 05:15 AM
That's part of nVidia drivers. Try getting the latest from their site.

db_la_23
08-28-2008, 09:53 AM
format windows and reinstall ur drivers

peat moss
08-28-2008, 04:37 PM
format windows and reinstall ur drivers

That's bad advice , only for the reason a lot of new members just found us and may not know how to do that . Keeping in mind that they probably don't have mobo drivers on the disk or may have a partition that they have no clue what it does .

You and I would not have a problem but look at the o/p stats and you get the drift . :)

Example if you look at Chewie's suggestion , and a link here it makes sence .

" NvCpl.dll - This is loaded as a startup item. This loads the Nvidia Control Panel which is where you can tweak a ton of settings and overclock your card. Without this your drivers will be rather messed up and may or may not work properly. "

http://process.networktechs.com/NvCpl.dll.php

db_la_23
08-29-2008, 01:03 AM
r go to safe mode and reinstall ur drivers

saulin
08-29-2008, 05:49 AM
Reinstall your video drivers?

db_la_23
08-29-2008, 09:14 PM
ya its the best option

aaggie_john
08-30-2008, 07:42 AM
I tried driver re install also ,have asus 7200gs graphics card
also try to clear prefetch and rebuild using command-
rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks
nothing works
only way to enter into is pressing crl alt del and log off the user account then login again
think its not virus since I reformatted only 3 days ago
only startup appz is hotkeyp (tried uncheck this also)

nisarga
09-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Is it giving any error msg..When xp stat's

KiNdZiUs
09-02-2008, 09:36 PM
have you tried uninstall nvidia drivers then restart PC ? Does it react unproper ? Have you tried reinstall drivers from NVIDIA website not from ASUS, if you believe that's the that nvidia dll file problem ?

aaggie_john
10-05-2008, 10:01 AM
have you tried uninstall nvidia drivers then restart PC ? Does it react unproper ? Have you tried reinstall drivers from NVIDIA website not from ASUS, if you believe that's the that nvidia dll file problem ?
thanks for everyone's help
at last I figure out it is the norton ghost which causing problem
I tried disable the non essential services at startup one by one and find it was norton service.and not the startup applications

kooftspc11
10-05-2008, 10:24 AM
does it hang to the right or to the left?