PDA

View Full Version : WAIX Trackers

Conzor
08-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi guys,

I'm currently on one WAIX tracker. Many people don't know what WAIX is but many Australian's do.

The tracker I am currently with only has 1000 members and is a bit of a ghost town in terms of content.

I own many high level trackers but my god these these little trackers are buggers to find!

Is anyone able to make me "aware" of some larger WAIX exclusive trackers either here or via PM?

Many thanks.

OTO
08-28-2008, 01:28 PM
What is WAIX?
Can you explain?

Conzor
08-28-2008, 01:29 PM
It's a method of free data exchange between many Australian ISP's.

It therefore does not go towards your montly download qouta.

OTO
08-28-2008, 01:31 PM

Ahh..

What about to use IP blocker and block everything except WAIX? :dry:

Conzor
08-28-2008, 01:36 PM
This is possible but a tracker would be much better/easier.

Cheers

PlayeR
08-28-2008, 02:22 PM
eh? this tracker exists?
I did not know about it. anyone could tell me more abt it would be much appreciated..
it is really a pain in a** when they limit your download qouta

kondrae
08-28-2008, 08:53 PM
sounds like some sort of P4P - http://torrentfreak.com/uncovering-the-dark-side-of-p4p-080824/

sear
08-28-2008, 09:14 PM

Really :O

I've never heard about this.../me runs off to investigate.

bammers
08-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Yeah Western Australian Internet eXchange (WAIX) is great in theory, but it doesnt come across and hit our eastern states... That's where all the content lives *cough* hehe :)

Anyway, if you find anything like this let us know, would be intertesting read.

JROQuinn
08-28-2008, 11:31 PM
interesting indeed! /me runs off to fap while others investigate

Alco23
08-29-2008, 07:02 AM

Really :O

I've never heard about this.../me runs off to investigate.

I'm surprised you didn't already know... talk to your fellow Aussies on IRC sometime mate ;)...

WAIX trackers are only good for WA peeps. The rest of Aus uses the PIPE (http://www.pipenetworks.com/)ones for any quota free benefit.

edit:

For IP filters to peer from your "quota-free" peers see the links below:
PIPE (http://anonym.to/?http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=528289&p=9#r169)
WAIX (http://anonym.to/?http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=528289&p=14#r261)

:)

PlayeR
09-03-2008, 01:52 AM
and may i know the irc channel pls?
feel free to pm me..i would like to join

Green Goblin
09-03-2008, 02:06 AM
and may i know the irc channel pls?
feel free to pm me..i would like to join

what part of australia are you in mate pm me if you like, i may be able to help you get into one of these trackers and what isp are you with you must be on PIPE

bblogs
09-03-2008, 12:38 PM
They're not exactly the most well known communities, but there are advantages of filesharing within a tiny scope.

ketan
09-03-2008, 08:53 PM
that sounds interesting
i've never heard about it.

Green Goblin
09-04-2008, 05:50 AM
if you live in queensland pm i can help you as long as your isp is on PIPE:D

rvt
09-04-2008, 05:30 PM
/me spots a niche area that wont get you 100 "we don't need another tracker" posts if you start your own :P

Actually, if those IP filters are lists of valid IPs for WAIX and PIPE, any tracker with enough aussies could generate an AIX/PIPE copy of torrents. Someone on those networks would need to download the main torrent though to get it started.

soulreaper
09-04-2008, 07:03 PM
/me spots a niche area that wont get you 100 "we don't need another tracker" posts if you start your own :P

Actually, if those IP filters are lists of valid IPs for WAIX and PIPE, any tracker with enough aussies could generate an AIX/PIPE copy of torrents. Someone on those networks would need to download the main torrent though to get it started.

May I pm you? It's programming related.

rvt
09-04-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm not doing too much code at the moment, so it's probably not worth it :P

For the general gist of it though, you would add in a network tag (just like the source tag) in the info part of the torrent during upload, with a value of PIPE or WAIX. That gives each torrent a seperate hash while having the same files, so you can have them all on the same tracker.

Then you need to store a field in the DB so you can tell if it's limited to a certain network when you pull the torrent details for announce.
If it is, you check the users IP against the IP list for that network. No match means no download.

Finally, someone on the network will need to download the non-network torrent to get the files, then seed the files with the network torrent, or the initial seeder should run all 3 at once. If you want to do it with the initial seeder, you'll need to allow them to bypass the IP check. Just check if their user ID is the torrent owner for that.

SenorBubbz
09-05-2008, 12:48 AM
I'm not Australian but the concept is very interesting. I wonder if they have this anywhere else, most specifically the US.

Alco23
09-05-2008, 03:10 AM
For the general gist of it though, you would add in a network tag (just like the source tag) in the info part of the torrent during upload, with a value of PIPE or WAIX. That gives each torrent a seperate hash while having the same files, so you can have them all on the same tracker.

Then you need to store a field in the DB so you can tell if it's limited to a certain network when you pull the torrent details for announce.
If it is, you check the users IP against the IP list for that network. No match means no download.

Finally, someone on the network will need to download the non-network torrent to get the files, then seed the files with the network torrent, or the initial seeder should run all 3 at once. If you want to do it with the initial seeder, you'll need to allow them to bypass the IP check. Just check if their user ID is the torrent owner for that.

That's pretty much how these PIPE trackers work :cool:. The user sets in their profile which network they're part of. Subsequently, any downloads the user makes from any particular torrent, they download from users of the same network. Uploads also work in a similar fashion, so that the network is indicated. Of course there is an option to download from all peers and just take whatever quote hit you might get.

nathanblogs
10-23-2008, 08:59 AM
I would be very interested in a waix tracker myself aswell.

If you guys found something please pm me with the details.

nathanblogs
11-19-2008, 06:36 AM
bump, anyone :cry: ?

Cabalo
11-19-2008, 08:12 AM
try to pm the guys that participated in this thread ;)

nathanblogs
11-20-2008, 12:37 AM
try to pm the guys that participated in this thread ;)

I tried the only response I got was from someone that was also still looking :P

Prob doesn't help that I have zero posts and a new member.

nathanblogs
11-25-2008, 04:11 AM
Lunchtime bump, still interested can provide ratio and speed tests :D

t0mmy
11-25-2008, 05:45 AM
hmm, i think i may have been on this tracker, does it start with an "f" im on pipe aswell, but the data usage counts on my current isp, so its pretty much useless for me though

PlayeR
11-25-2008, 02:18 PM
are you from Aussie, tommy?

t0mmy
11-25-2008, 09:43 PM
yes