PDA

View Full Version : what the meaning of seeding?

daysleeper
08-28-2008, 01:29 PM
im new in this torrent world, im enjoying downloaing albums of artist but i dot know the maning of term such as seeding.....:dabs:

OTO
08-28-2008, 01:34 PM
See Brian's BitTorrent FAQ and Guide
http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/1.html

Seeding is the process of connecting to a torrent when you have a complete file. There are two ways to do this:

1.by leaving your client open after the download completes. Once you have the entire file you become a seed, and the BitTorrent client remains connected to the swarm, sending to other users until you close it.
2.by clicking on a torrent link (or opening a saved .torrent file) and selecting a filename of a file that has already completed. BitTorrent will check over the file and realize that it's already complete, and continue to connect to the tracker and serve as a seed.

ryan20021982
08-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Make sure you read the rules of the trackers you use also

Most all require seeding for a specific amount of time or to a certain ratio

invitehuntah
08-28-2008, 02:00 PM
uploading to the other ones who wants to download the same thing as you

Nemrod
08-28-2008, 03:03 PM
In this torrent world all is about sharing: if nobody gives, nobody receives.
Seeding means that once youīve got what you wanted your job is not done, you received, now itīs your turn to give back. Donīt delete the files and let them running in your client, so others will get what you already got and everybody happy.

SgtMajor
08-28-2008, 04:34 PM
If you enjoy downloading, which is leeching

Then enjoy uploading, which is seeding

downloading=leeching
uploading=seeding

downloading & uploading=peers

horiZen
08-28-2008, 04:40 PM
@daysleeper,,leave your torrents open after download has completed and you are "seeding"

btw,,welcome to FST and the torrent world

shavonn
08-21-2011, 11:40 AM
i too hav a problem, i downloaad movies from thepiratebay.org and sumtyms the audio doesnt come wid the video! is this becuz i remove the torrent while seeding(after download complete) or is it the file's problem????? and what exactly is seeding, in simple language?

a7x
08-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Your problem is the codec? Try Gom Player. Its not related to seeding.
Seeding = Leave client open.Upload back to others.
Simple?

1000possibleclaws
08-21-2011, 05:46 PM
There are also a few codec packs if you like your current media player. One of them is the k-lite (http://download.cnet.com/K-Lite-Mega-Codec-Pack/3000-13632_4-10794603.html) pack, I forget what the others are called.

hotshot6473
08-21-2011, 05:49 PM
never download a codec pack, they are filled with alot of useless stuff. Just get VLC if you just want to be able to play stuff. If you want the best quality player get mpc-hc and install ffdshow-tryouts and enable it in the external filters option

anon
08-21-2011, 05:57 PM
i too hav a problem, i downloaad movies from thepiratebay.org and sumtyms the audio doesnt come wid the video! is this becuz i remove the torrent while seeding(after download complete) or is it the file's problem????? and what exactly is seeding, in simple language?

1. it is possible that you've downloaded a fake torrent or don't have the necessary codecs to play the audio stream. Read the torrent's comments and see what others have said.
2. don't remove the torrent from your client when the download finishes. How the hell are others supposed to get it otherwise? :dry:

Regarding codecs, I'm with hotshot on this one - MPC-HC plus ffdshow-tryouts is the best I've tried. There's also CoreAVC for those who are into HD, it's an extremely fast AVC decoder.