View Full Version : Im New :)

omri08
08-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi im new here,my name is omri and im from isreal
(sry if my english not good)
and i hope to enjoy here :)

Hairbautt
08-28-2008, 02:35 PM
There's a Hello, Noobs... (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/t-hello-noobs-299062/?) thread in the Lounge (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/).

:whistling Anyways, welcome! What brought you here?

omri08
08-28-2008, 02:37 PM
My friend :) he tell me about grear forum ;)

(sry if my english not good agine)

Hairbautt
08-28-2008, 02:39 PM
We got great stuff.

True story :smilie4:

What did he say is the greatest?

omri08
08-28-2008, 02:41 PM
The people is very nice and smarts :)

Skiz
08-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Who is your friend?

omri08
08-28-2008, 02:49 PM
I dont know is nick here i ask him and tell you :)

KFlint
08-28-2008, 10:55 PM
if it's WarrenBuffet, better not tell

welcome!

thewizeard
08-29-2008, 01:46 AM

He was joking of course. Anways omri welcome come and check out the Lounge we need a few chatters there...

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/

SgtMajor
08-29-2008, 01:59 AM

Yes, yes we are.

respawn40
08-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Some are nice, some are smart, but then some are smartasses >.>

Disme
08-29-2008, 10:51 AM
He was joking of course. Anways omri welcome come and check out the Lounge we need a few chatters there...

If he does that he'll be out a here in no time :wacko:

tralalala
08-29-2008, 11:27 AM
We got great staff.

True story :smilie4:

/fixed :smilie4:

CraigT92
08-29-2008, 11:44 PM
hi and welcome

interwebz
08-30-2008, 02:10 AM
Hey! Welcome!

emadmet3eb
09-06-2008, 04:51 PM
welcome to fst

usmc8408
10-24-2008, 06:12 PM
hello mr noob. welcome aboard!!

IdolEyes787
10-24-2008, 09:18 PM

That's the funniest thing I've read in a feorwertyne niht.

Although the lounge could certainly use a few new "chatters" the chances of any of the old guard actually interacting with someone new(beyond the perfunctory insults of course) lies solidly between slim and none.

peat moss
10-25-2008, 02:23 AM

Although the lounge could certainly use a few new "chatters" the chances of any of the old guard actually interacting with someone new(beyond the perfunctory insults of course) lies solidly between slim and none.

Well there's always seedler . ;)

I'v always noticed it too , god forbid you post something funny ... your dead meat .
My thought was , if you find a common ground and use it life is great . Spelling errors and grammar was never my strength tho . It is hurtful when your posts die a slow death or when it stops all ..... Do they do that on purpose ?

chalice
10-25-2008, 05:49 PM

Well there's always seedler . ;)

I'v always noticed it too , god forbid you post something funny ... your dead meat .
My thought was , if you find a common ground and use it life is great . Spelling errors and grammar was never my strength tho . It is hurtful when your posts die a slow death or when it stops all ..... Do they do that on purpose ?

This tends to happen in the lounge because we are given the freedom to do it. Just about anything goes (within reason). The lounge has a rather caustic sense of humour and if you can't stand the heat, you're better off not being there.

This personality has evolved over the years into the entity it is now. About 4 or 5 years ago, it was nowhere near as harsh as it is nowadays. But posting trends developed as to spelling, in-jokes and whatnot.

You'll soon notice that if you stand your ground and try to understand the bullshit we all spout, you'll be accepted quite quickly. The regulars in the lounge are actually really nice people and funny as fuck when you get to know them. It's definitely not a closed shop.

People come in, expect to be embraced immediately and when they're not, they call us all bastards. This just encourages us. There's been more disgruntled trolls in the lounge than I care to remember but this only hones the humour of the place. Some of the funniest, most imaginative stuff I've seen on the internets has arisen from just these scenarios.

In short, grow a thicker hide and you'll do fine. There's plenty of room elsewhere on the board for cuddly posts.

JPaul
10-25-2008, 07:03 PM
What on Earth does this have to do with "Everything Related to the Board"

There's a "Hello I'm New Here" thread which everyone is directed to when they join.

komy
10-25-2008, 07:35 PM
We got great stuff.

IdolEyes787
10-25-2008, 07:46 PM
I think that you are missing entirely the point of both posts chalice.
I don't require anyone to be my "friend" or treat me with any unearned respect.It's not the heat it's quite the opposite .

What I was alluding to and peat moss stated more directly is some people are too discourteous to acknowledge anyone outside of their small group's existence.

I feel that I could literally post the moon and stars and still get less response than certain individuals posting how they moved their bowels twice today.

Not a closed shop...rubbish. At some point anyone but the exceeding foolish will simply quit trying.

chalice
10-25-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't require anyone to be my "friend" or treat me with any unearned respect.It's not the heat it's quite the opposite .

What I was alluding to and peat moss stated more directly is some people are too discourteous to acknowledge anyone outside of their small group's existence.

I feel that I could literally post the moon and stars and still get less response than certain individuals posting how they moved their bowels twice today.

Not a closed shop...rubbish. At some point anyone but the exceeding foolish will simply quit trying.

It's human nature to gravitate to those you are familiar with and to stand off against those that you are not. At least until you reasonably assess that individual. I've had threads drop like sacks of spuds (regularly) but I don't take it personally. I tend to post whatever takes my mood at a given moment. Really. I don't waste time thinking about it. If someone chooses to challenge that, then it gives me something to do. If they don't, I'll just make up more pish tomorrow. No harm done.

People who have the confidence to post their mind, regardless of fanfare, are those, at least in my experience, who are more read and responded to. As regards to yourself and Peat (who has been here for like forever and knows how the land lies in the lounge) I think you're fairly respected (inside and outside the lounge). I certainly enjoy your (plural) posts and respond whenever the subject interests me. I know you're not looking for affirmation but as stated above, people respond more readily to those who they feel like-minded to.

Problem is, noobs don't tend to post 'the moon and the stars' very regularly. They tend to post something mind-numbingly tedious which will draw fire. You're guilty of pointing out the dross yourself. Sometimes you just can't help yourself. If it's not dross, then it's usually in the wrong section and a short, sharp shock can be educational for them and entertaining for everyone else, given the context of the lounge.

It's not a shut shop for you and it's not a shut shop for Peat. I can't imagine how you think it would be.

JPaul
10-25-2008, 08:23 PM

Why would I reply to something that I had no interest in. Or to someone who I found tedious, or offensive, or boring. I reply to what I choose to reply to, I feel no obligation to reply to anything else. I probably reply to the same people most often because I find them most interesting or entertaining.

And also, not everyone has been here for the same amount of time, so clearly people have become my correspondents over thyme. I consider you one of them btw, I hope you don't mind.

Of course it's a "closed shop", so is :earl:. However it's also an organic thing.

EDIT

I've just read Chavis' post.

Pretty much jinx.

Snee
10-25-2008, 11:22 PM
You're cool, like, peat, I dunno why you've gotten the idea you're not welcome. Boring needy people and/or people who stroll in without having a clue and start telling me how to behave or whatever will remain ignored, though.

IdolEyes787
10-26-2008, 02:36 AM
Boring needy people who stroll in without having a clue and start telling me how to behave will remain ignored.

Pointed.
My thoughts precisely.

chalice
10-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Boring needy people who stroll in without having a clue and start telling me how to behave will remain ignored.

Pointed.
My thoughts precisely.

What I get from that, is either...

you consider me boring and/or needy and you don't feel the responsibilty to respond to my posts directed at yourself or you consider me as having instructed you, in some way, how to conduct yourself in a place where I have no authority.

These feelings are derived from nothing else but the fact that I feel you felt the need to respond to an open post I made earlier in the thread which you derived as in some way negatory as per your perceived position or lack thereof in the lounge.

In other words...

For fuck sake, like.

peat moss
10-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Well said chalice , I sure miss cheese and manker . Yes very nice people in the lounge and when you help them with an invite or software problem they never forget it .

JPaul
10-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Well said chalice , I sure miss cheese and manker . Yes very nice people in the lounge and when you help them with an invite or software problem they never forget it .

:blink:

chalice
10-27-2008, 12:30 AM

You've never helped me, Peat, as I'm sure I've never helped you.

I have observed, however, how you've been helpful to others.

Is that what you want to hear? Or would you like me to put a :lol: behind every post you make?

I seriously must under-appreciate how shite it is to be under-appreciated.

JPaul
10-27-2008, 12:42 AM

You've never helped me, Peat, as I'm sure I've never helped you.

I have observed, however, how you've been helpful to others.

Is that what you want to hear? Or would you like me to put a :lol: behind every post you make?

I seriously must under-appreciate how shite it is to be under-appreciated.

You must have helped him with an invite or software problem, Shirley.

Or did he help you with an invite or software problem.

Neither seems likely if I'm honest.

True Story.

Skweeky
10-27-2008, 12:43 AM
I think this should be moved to the 'Invite and software problems' section :snooty:

pedobear
10-28-2008, 01:05 PM
suck my bawls

pedobear
10-28-2008, 01:05 PM
someone has to do it

pedobear
10-28-2008, 01:07 PM
no ,not you skweeky

Skweeky
10-28-2008, 01:10 PM
I wasn't going to offer. I can't bend over that far at the moment (or kneel down for that matter, you perv).

IdolEyes787
10-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Pointed.
My thoughts precisely.

you consider me boring and/or needy and you don't feel the responsibilty to respond to my posts directed at yourself or you consider me as having instructed you, in some way, how to conduct yourself in a place where I have no authority.

These feelings are derived from nothing else but the fact that I feel you felt the need to respond to an open post I made earlier in the thread which you derived as in some way negatory as per your perceived position or lack thereof in the lounge.

In other words...

For fuck sake, like.

What you got wasn't what I was attempting to relay at all.I have great respect for most in the lounge yourself included.

Short version, I was attempting to reply(directly,exclusively) to the(perceived) snick from snee .

Sorry for any misunderstandings.It was clearly bad judgment on my part with the OP but I've been under a lot of stress lately as a family member is seriously ill .

chalice
10-28-2008, 04:22 PM

In other words...

For fuck sake, like.

What you got wasn't what I was attempting to relay at all.I have great respect for most in the lounge yourself included.

Short version, I was attempting to reply(directly,exclusively) to the(perceived) snick from snee .

Sorry for any misunderstandings.It was clearly bad judgment on my part with the OP but I've been under a lot of stress lately as a family member is seriously ill .

No worries whatsoever, Idol.

Sincerely sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope everything works out for you and all concerned.

Snee
10-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Pointed.
My thoughts precisely.

In other words...

For fuck sake, like.

I just reckoned he knows I'll keep ignoring him.

Less quoting, ffs.

tllove
10-30-2008, 12:34 PM
welcome!

thewizeard
10-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi im new here,my name is omri and im from isreal
(sry if my english not good)
and i hope to enjoy here :)

:O I am sorry about your hopes, this is the Lounge and not Butlin's Pleasure Centre, hower, I hope you enjoy it here too! :unsure:

Skweeky
10-30-2008, 12:45 PM
We should have this mentor thing where new members, if they qualify, get to hook up with older members before they are let loose on the lounge.

I mean, you wouldn't let a baby in a lion cage, would you?

thewizeard
10-30-2008, 12:47 PM
We should have this mentor thing where new members, if they qualify, get to hook up with older members before they are let loose on the lounge.

I mean, you wouldn't let a baby in a lion cage, would you?

Yes we would... in fact we do :woot:

Skweeky
10-30-2008, 12:48 PM
You've taken on too many Dutch characteristics :snooty:

Disme
10-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Dutch characteristics :snooty:

That's never a good thing :sick:

thewizeard
10-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Dutch characteristics :snooty:

That's never a good thing :sick:

You have a lot to be grateful for the Dutch; without them, no Wall street to begin with! Then consider Northern Lights, where would we be without that particlar strain? :unsure:

Disme
10-30-2008, 01:10 PM
You have a lot to be grateful for the Dutch; without them, no Wall street to begin with!

I think lately a lot of people wish they'd never heard of Wall Street ... I'm one of those :cry:

thewizeard
10-30-2008, 01:22 PM
How about Northern Lights then, or tulips or erm..cloggs?

thewizeard
10-30-2008, 01:28 PM
You have a lot to be grateful for the Dutch; without them, no Wall street to begin with!

I think lately a lot of people wish they'd never heard of Wall Street ... I'm one of those :cry:

..Of course you wouldn't dream of criticising or pointing the finger at the very cause of the current malaise.. Your very own President George W. Bush. Who you not only once but twice voted for, to steer the most dangerous "civiliastion" ever to appear on this planet!

Disme
10-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Your very own President George W. Bush.

There's no need to hurt my feelings Mister, I am a proud Belgian!!!

thewizeard
10-30-2008, 01:33 PM
LOL exactly check my edit ;)

..which reminds me of a Dutch joke about ..hang on I will edit it in soon..
not in the least...

Op de zesde dag sprak God tot de aartsengel Gabriël: "Vandaag ga ik een land creëren, genaamd Vlaanderen (lees Belgie). Het zal een land zijn van buitengewone natuurlijke schoonheid, met grote bossen, vol met herten, zwijnen en eekhoorns. Grote rivieren, gevuld met alle mogelijke soorten levende wezens. Het zal een binnenzee krijgen met enorme hoeveelheden vis, en ook aan een buitenzee komen te liggen, die men vanaf prachtige goudgele stranden zal kunnen overzien." God ging verder: "Ik zal het land rijk maken door de landbouw en de inwoners zullen grote welvaart kennen. Ze zullen bekend worden als Vlamingen. En zullen het vriendelijkste volk op aarde zijn."
"Maar Heer", vroeg Gabriël, "Denkt u niet dat u misschien een beetje TE genereus bent voor deze Vlamingen?"
"Niet echt", antwoordde God, "moet je eens opletten wat voor Noorderburen ze krijgen........"

Skweeky
10-30-2008, 01:37 PM
This had better not be some 'Laugh at the little Belgians' joke :angry:

Disme
10-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Eagerly awaiting your joke :)

Edit: I'm with Skweeky on this one!

thewizeard
10-30-2008, 01:43 PM
This had better not be some 'Laugh at the little Belgians' joke :angry:

..and anyways, I wouldn't dare upset you, only 6 days before your " bevalling" :huh:

Skweeky
10-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Hmmm, good good.

Disme
10-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Wow ... 6 days till lift-off ... I remember when my wife was due to give birth to my firstborn son ... great period in my life.

Skweeky
10-30-2008, 03:15 PM
It's actually 10 days, but I just got back from midwife and the head is only 1/5th engaged so could be longer :)