OmaRin0
08-28-2008, 08:41 PM
where u saw that !!! :(
that really suxxxxxxxxxx

slayer2005
08-28-2008, 09:13 PM
where u saw that !!! :(
that really suxxxxxxxxxx

ovh.com and the uk site is down for maitinance so i guess there doing the same for the uk.

ericab
08-28-2008, 10:05 PM
its true;
49 euro for setup!
http://www.kimsufi.com/

omgwtf
08-28-2008, 11:39 PM
holy smokes!.. will go with leaseweb in this case!..

slayer2005
08-29-2008, 12:05 AM
holy smokes!.. will go with leaseweb in this case!..

you say that but its the 2tb of bw a month witch is the killer.
if leaseweb offerd more bw they would be the dogs bollox.:01:

stacker
08-29-2008, 12:22 AM
Damn, there goes my dream for a seedbox.Home connection it is then.

Come on leaseweb.Increase the bloody bandwidth.There's no way in hell i would ever pay 49 euros setup fee.That's bad news for OVH and their resellers.

KaySterling
08-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Wow...
But on http://www.ovh.co.uk/individual/products/dedicated_offers.xml it says:
Available in 1 hour
No setup fee
Unlimited bandwith for lif

Sure its not just that kimsufi page?
Either way its a very hefty fine.. and nothing i will be paying in the near future.
The idea of moving to a new apartment that got 100/100 in the wall seems very close to me.

F.B.I
08-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Wow...
Available in 1 hour
No setup fee

Either way its a very hefty fine.. and nothing i will be paying in the near future.
The idea of moving to a new apartment that got 100/100 in the wall seems very close to me.

Try to get a server:

Order is temporarly closed

The order is temporarly closed for technical reasons, we apologize for the inconvenience.

The order will open Tomorrow and you will be able to place your order normally.

Thank you for your comprehension,
OVH Team

KaySterling
08-29-2008, 01:02 AM
Wow...
Available in 1 hour
No setup fee

Try to get a server:

Order is temporarly closed

The order is temporarly closed for technical reasons, we apologize for the inconvenience.

The order will open Tomorrow and you will be able to place your order normally.

Thank you for your comprehension,
OVH Team
Yes i know but is that really proof of that they will begin to take setup fees..
One would think they would announce it somewhere on their page or some kind of news.
But who knows.

stacker
08-29-2008, 01:12 AM
Yup.It's even on ovh.fr, so it's official.49 euros setup fee.You can be sure it will be 49 pounds on ovh.uk, so that means bye, bye OVH resellers from UK.

http://www.ovh.com/fr/particulier/produits/offres_dedies.xml

KaySterling
08-29-2008, 01:27 AM
Yup.It's even on ovh.fr, so it's official.49 euros setup fee.You can be sure it will be 49 pounds on ovh.uk, so that means bye, bye OVH resellers from UK.

http://www.ovh.com/fr/particulier/produits/offres_dedies.xml
Thanks, confirmation enough for me.
Maybe they are doing this to get ride of peeps who hire a server for a month and seed torrents with it till it bleeds.
Maybe they are looking more for long term buyers.

~70€ a month is heavy, very heavy and not worth it if all you do is seed torrents in my opinion.
Well, there are other companies to migrate to.

slayer2005
08-29-2008, 01:52 AM
But i like the look of there new offer

2.4ghz quad core,8gig ram 250gig hd and gbit connection for 70euro.
thats a damm good spec server,i might get that even with the set up fee.

tehmrserver
08-29-2008, 02:11 AM

what about noSLA mode.. on 1 gbits

slayer2005
08-29-2008, 02:32 AM

depends what ur using it for tho.i mean even if your a uplader you prob wont go over a certain amount a month.just coz its faster dont mean your gona use more than 33tb.
its a hell of a lot to use even if you maxing it 24/7

hitman51
08-29-2008, 02:37 AM

depends what ur using it for tho.i mean even if your a uplader you prob wont go over a certain amount a month.just coz its faster dont mean your gona use more than 33tb.

dude...very bad experience with ovh 1 gbits....i would advise against it

slayer2005
08-29-2008, 03:00 AM

dude...very bad experience with ovh 1 gbits....i would advise against it

i had bad experience when i used windows with them,i switched to ubuntu desktop and it ran like a fine oiled whore.:D

tehmrserver
08-29-2008, 03:37 AM
but it can go to noSLA :( that sux alot

davidav
08-29-2008, 04:03 AM
This is sad news :(

bammers
08-29-2008, 05:06 AM
Very, very sad news :(

OmaRin0
08-29-2008, 08:08 AM
this really sux

kross
08-29-2008, 11:14 AM
OVH has just removed the setup fee for the Kimsufi (kimsufi.com).
And Oles is going to contact each customer that has made an order and paid the setup fee...

Instead of complaining here, complain on their forums. ;)

KaySterling
08-29-2008, 03:21 PM
And Oles is going to contact each customer that has made an order and paid the setup fee...

Yeah just saw that too..
So the cheapest kimsufis from kimsufi.co.uk doesn't have any setup fee but the more expensive ones directly from OVH-page Have setup fee...

kross
08-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah, that's how OVH works. >_<

slayer2005
08-29-2008, 04:56 PM
yup just seen that.
great news.:-)

kareemamir
08-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Quite cheap for the 1Gbps!

stacker
08-29-2008, 07:54 PM

Kross, could you send me an email please?I would like to ask you something.You can send me an e-mail from my profile.Unfortunately, i can't send PMs yet.

crumble6
08-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Amazing value! Bad news if everyone starts getting these though, it's hard enough to seed on most trackers as it is, and that's coming from someone who already has a seedbox! :P

integral
08-29-2008, 08:10 PM
It's great news for newcomers that they didn't keep the price.

But I'm waiting to see the prices that USA consumers end up getting for Kimsufis, if it's even offered to them.

mmikz0
08-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Oh, glad they put kimsurf back to no setup fee, i may be getting one when/IF they allow my country

tehmrserver
08-29-2008, 09:44 PM
YAY thank you ovh!

KaySterling
08-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Amazing value! Bad news if everyone starts getting these though, it's hard enough to seed on most trackers as it is, and that's coming from someone who already has a seedbox! :P
139£ + 49£ for the 1GBPS is still quite a sum, i don't think very many "normal" torrent users will pay that price every month,just to be in the top of the lists.
So i wouldn't worry too much, 100/100 still does the trick and beyond.

And with some simple tricks to catch torrents immediately upon arrival its easy to build ratio, at least on the sites i have in mind.

Im glad OVH dismissed the setup fee for the cheap ones.
Now lets hope they open up the dedicated servers for some new countries!

bammers
08-30-2008, 12:42 AM
I emailed OVH regarding their servers in other countrys than who they sell to now and this was their response :-

In mid-september we may be able to make the servers available in more counties, please check with us then.

So hopefully come mid september there should be a few more countrys they resell too :)

KaySterling
08-30-2008, 01:19 AM
I emailed OVH regarding their servers in other countrys than who they sell to now and this was their response :-

In mid-september we may be able to make the servers available in more counties, please check with us then.

So hopefully come mid september there should be a few more countrys they resell too :)
Thanks for letting us know man!
Sounds really good, im hoping Sweden is one of those countries. :)

I read a thread here(i think) someone wrote down a quote by OVH i believe that said something about not opening up
their dedicated servers for more countries.. anything else but not the dedicated.
I don't know, maybe it weren't OVH at all who had written it or maybe it got interpreted wrong.

bammers
08-30-2008, 03:03 AM

Thanks for letting us know man!
Sounds really good, im hoping Sweden is one of those countries. :)

I read a thread here(i think) someone wrote down a quote by OVH i believe that said something about not opening up
their dedicated servers for more countries.. anything else but not the dedicated.
I don't know, maybe it weren't OVH at all who had written it or maybe it got interpreted wrong.

Well, I'll past below their entire response hope it might clear it up a bit. \

Email back from OVH :-

First of all I'd like to thank you for your interest in OVH services, however we cannot garauntee our SLA and quality of service of the dedicated servers in countries that are not on our list here: http://www.ovh.co.uk/items/cadre/disponibilite.xml. In mid-september we may be able to make the servers available in more counties, please check with us then.

If you have any questions at all regarding our other services, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards, <name removed>.

integral
08-30-2008, 03:30 AM
I assume not offering the same "quality of service" equates to not being unlimited bandwidth. Not sure though, we'll just have to wait a couple more weeks and find out. :D

bammers
08-30-2008, 03:38 AM
Yeah, I doubt there coming to Australia.... all I want to do is buy a server from them !! Don't care where its hosted or what SLA's are tied to it damnnnit! :)

stacker
08-30-2008, 03:41 AM
I assume not offering the same "quality of service" equates to not being unlimited bandwidth. Not sure though, we'll just have to wait a couple more weeks and find out. :D
I can understand about other countries, but Sweden of all places?When it comes to broadband Sweden must be the pioneer, or at least among the leading countries.If you can't find a decent carrier/data center in Sweden, you can't find one anywhere.

Anyway, if OVH decide to offer their services in a country they will offer unlimited bandwidth, or they won't at all.

interwebz
08-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Service setup charge = bad.

RoBz
08-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Aww man, I guess I'll just keep this one I have...

KaySterling
08-31-2008, 09:37 PM
I read on the OVH boards, a thread about when OVH will expand and someone asked "If they could give a date when they would open up for more countries"
Oles replied "2-3 weeks." - that was posted today.

So i guess it is moving forward but i wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed further.

ericab
09-01-2008, 02:01 AM
I read on the OVH boards, a thread about when OVH will expand and someone asked "If they could give a date when they would open up for more countries"
Oles replied "2-3 weeks." - that was posted today.

So i guess it is moving forward but i wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed further.

hell yeah!

**adds another kimsufi to his arsenal**

Sanka113
09-01-2008, 02:05 AM
Good thing they changed their mind about charging setup charges on some of their cheaper servers (kimsufis).

t0mmy
09-02-2008, 01:58 AM
does anyone have the list of the planned countries they plan on expanding on??

KaySterling
09-02-2008, 02:12 AM
I don't think they have revealed anything about that.
But if someone got some info im curious too.

integral
09-02-2008, 02:13 AM

no one does!! :wacko:

t0mmy
09-02-2008, 02:17 AM
Oh ok :(

Cabalo
09-02-2008, 03:01 AM
excellent! maybe now way less noobs will buy a seedbox just for one month to buffer their account (and e-penis) and then hit n' run during some months.

all servers should enforce this setup fees. good job OVH.

KaySterling
09-02-2008, 03:43 AM
excellent! maybe now way less noobs will buy a seedbox just for one month to buffer their account (and e-penis) and then hit n' run during some months.

all servers should enforce this setup fees. good job OVH.
But the popular kimsufi servers still have a setup fee of 0;- it seems only the more expensive 100/100 boxes and Gigabyte boxes have a setup fee.

So i do not think there will be any change.

RedRansom
09-02-2008, 03:44 AM
Prix ht 98.00€
tva ( 19.6 % ) 19.21€
total ttc 117.21€